PDA

View Full Version : Do nice guys really finish last?

Abbey Marie
06-22-2008, 01:58 PM
I think this is sad, but true, at least for younger women. With maturity often (not always) comes wisdom, thankfully.

Dating Secret Exposed: Why Nice Guys Finish Last
By April Masini
Special to Yahoo! Personals

Updated: Jun 20, 2008

Are you a nice guy who has always wondered why the cocky guy -- the one who barely appears interested in the girl -- is usually the one who gets the girl?

Have you suffered from hearing the words, "You're a really nice guy, but I only like you as a friend," from a woman who you would do (or may, in fact, have already done) just about anything and everything for -- only to turn around and watch her date (or even chase) a guy who treats her like she's nothing special? And are you stumped wondering why she would date a guy who treats her like that when she could have you who would treat her like a princess and give her everything she wants? Well, you better brace yourself because I'm going to tell you a couple of secrets that you might not want to hear.

First, "nice" equates with boring and predictable. Look up "nice" in the dictionary and you find: pleasant; agreeable; satisfactory. In other words, average -- not exceptional, not exciting, and not sexy. I'll bet you've never heard a woman say she didn't want to date a guy because he was too confident, too passionate, or too exciting -- have you? But, I'll bet you have heard women say things like, "He's such a nice guy. He's so sweet and he's always there for me, but I only like him as a friend." Or, "He's such a good guy -- kind, thoughtful, generous, honest, loyal -- but there's no chemistry. He just doesn't turn me on." Sadly, I hear it all the time. The fact is, Mr. Nice Guy, you cannot bore a woman into feeling attracted to you or into wanting to date you. And as obvious as that sounds, if you are one of those guys I described that is exactly what you are trying to do. And it won't work.

Please understand that I am not suggesting that you mistreat women or disrespect them in any way. What I suggesting is that you value and respect yourself more.

Rest of article: http://dating.personals.yahoo.com/singles/datingtips/85967/dating-secret-exposed-why-nice-guys-finish-last;_ylc=X3oDMTRtc21iZW9sBF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEX3MDMjAy MzQzNDQ4OQRrA0RhdGluZyBTZWNyZXQgRXhwb3NlZCAtIFdoeS BOaWNlIEd1eXMgRmluaXNoIExhc3QEc2VjA2ZwX3RvZGF5BHNs awNkYXRpbmctc2VjcmV0IC1leHBvc2VkIC0gd2h5LW5pY2UgLW d1eXMtZmluaXNoLWxhc3QEenoDYQ--

dan
06-22-2008, 02:35 PM
YES!!!!

It's the reason these douchebags...

http://flyboyz.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/guido-losers.jpg

...will always get a ton of chicks.

Roomy
06-22-2008, 02:43 PM
YES!!!!

It's the reason these douchebags...

http://flyboyz.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/guido-losers.jpg

...will always get a ton of chicks.

They look gay to me.

dan
06-22-2008, 02:58 PM
They look gay to me.

Chicks dig that, too. American ones, anyway.

Roomy
06-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Chicks dig that, too. American ones, anyway.

There was a time when men looked like men, most men under the age of 30 look gay to me now, there are a few exceptions but not many.My Gaydar is infallible.:cool:

crin63
06-22-2008, 03:49 PM
My observation is that until somewhere around age 25 girls don't have any idea want they really want. Obviously that is a generalization and there are exceptions both ways, younger and older.

They all want the pretty boy or the bad boy or the funny guy until they have had their fill and find out he may never actually grow up. Then they start to look around at the nice guys and the stable guys.

I had that conversation with about 6 women all of which agreed with that assessment. The ladies were white, black and hispanic.

Said1
06-22-2008, 05:23 PM
My observation is that until somewhere around age 25 girls don't have any idea want they really want. Obviously that is a generalization and there are exceptions both ways, younger and older.

They all want the pretty boy or the bad boy or the funny guy until they have had their fill and find out he may never actually grow up. Then they start to look around at the nice guys and the stable guys.

I had that conversation with about 6 women all of which agreed with that assessment. The ladies were white, black and hispanic.

Actually, that's pretty good. Then again, the person you are with and the way they treat you is often a reflection of yourself and your over inflated sense of self loathing. Some people don't feel they deserve better. Others are perpetual victims...........

Also, I've noticed that nice guys can learn to be bad, in a good way. :laugh2:

06-22-2008, 06:04 PM
no. we are the only ones really playing the game.

Abbey Marie
06-22-2008, 08:35 PM

Good points, crin. But I wouldn't lump funny in with pretty boys and bad boys. I could not spend time with a guy who doesn't make me laugh regularly, regardless of his other stellar qualities. :)

Psychoblues
06-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Is bringing up the rear somehow "stellar" for you, abby?

Good points, crin. But I wouldn't lump funny in with pretty boys and bad boys. I could not spend time with a guy who doesn't make me laugh regularly, regardless of his other stellar qualities. :)

Interesting................

Abbey Marie
06-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Is bringing up the rear somehow "stellar" for you, abby?

Interesting................

Care to explain that comment?

Dilloduck
06-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Actually, that's pretty good. Then again, the person you are with and the way they treat you is often a reflection of yourself and your over inflated sense of self loathing. Some people don't feel they deserve better. Others are perpetual victims...........

Also, I've noticed that nice guys can learn to be bad, in a good way. :laugh2:

:dunno: <<<< trying to wrap my brain around=- Over inflated sense of self loathing

Psychoblues
06-22-2008, 08:56 PM
I don't think an explanation is necessary, abby. Why do you now ask for one? You never have before regardless the decisions that you've made inasfar as I have been concerned.

Did you ever get that Heinekin I ordered for you?

Sitarro
06-22-2008, 08:59 PM

Good luck getting an explanation that makes any sense......... don't worry Abbey, you're as close to perfect as any woman on the planet....... at least from what little I know from your eloquent posting style and enormous amount of patience.:cool:

Psychoblues
06-22-2008, 09:14 PM
You can't stand it, can you, zero?

Good luck getting an explanation that makes any sense......... don't worry Abbey, you're as close to perfect as any woman on the planet....... at least from what little I know from your eloquent posting style and enormous amount of patience.:cool:

History is certainly not your subject. abby can get anything she wants from me. You know it and she knows it. But, she is more inclined towards your moniker than you might imagine. Que Sera Sera. I stand ready for cross examination.

crin63
06-22-2008, 10:16 PM

You're right!

I had it in there but it made the post seem to ramble more than I usually do.

Psychoblues
06-22-2008, 10:24 PM
Rambling in the Lounge is not a vice, c'63!!!!!!!!!!!

gabosaurus
06-22-2008, 11:35 PM
It is because all men are perros

Perros, un poquito mas perros
Perros, deberian deberian ser Ellos, un poquito mas perros
Perros, deberian deberian ser ellos

Ellos deberian ser mas perros
Deberian ser ellos, un poquito mas perros [x2]
Que tal si ellos fueran un poquito mas honestos
Que dijeran lo que sienten sin prejuicios, sin pretextos (aha)
Deberian ser mas cariaosos
Demostrarle a la gente que quieren que la quieren (aha seguro no?)
Te imaginas si ellos fueran un poquito mas tiernos? (imposible)
Esta clarisimo que que que

Como dice el dicho querer es poder
Y si ellos quieren lo pueden hacer
Aprender a obedecer y a serle uno fiel
Si los perros pueden, ellos tambien
Aprender a obedecer y a serle uno fiel
Si los perros pueden ellos tambien

Perros, un poquito mas perros
Perros, deberian deberian ser Ellos, un poquito mas perros
Perros, deberian deberian ser ellos

Has visto mejor amigo que un perro? (nunca)
Independientes de uno, no importa la ocasion
Cuando uno anda triste
Hacen lo que sea para que uno se sienta mejor
Asi de amigables deberian ser, asi de amistosos deberian ser

Sitarro
06-23-2008, 12:24 AM
It is because all men are perros

[/i]

I'm no dog and I am double insulted by your insult being in that nasty ass language.:cool: