PDA

View Full Version : 6,000 troops urgently needed in Afghanistan: NATO

actsnoblemartin
06-22-2008, 09:47 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080622/wl_nm/afghan_nato_troops_dc

BERLIN (Reuters) - Up to 6,000 additional troops are urgently needed in Afghanistan and a failure to deploy them will only prolong the presence of Western forces in the country, a German NATO general said on Sunday.

Egon Ramms told public radio station Deutschlandfunk that alliance members would end up paying a price later if they did not boost troop numbers now.

Gaffer
06-23-2008, 01:35 PM
And that doesn't mean US troops. It means the NATO members need to boost their commitment and do more.

gabosaurus
06-23-2008, 03:05 PM
The Germans are not going to do it. The new German president was elected on a party platform of eventually deploying all troops from combat areas.
Which proves the Germans have more sense than the English in that area.

Silver
06-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Can you say....

Surrender monkey

Roomy
06-23-2008, 03:36 PM
I only ever hear about British soldiers getting killed in Afghanistan, are we the only ones there? are the others hiding?

Gaffer
06-23-2008, 09:54 PM
I only ever hear about British soldiers getting killed in Afghanistan, are we the only ones there? are the others hiding?

Pretty much. The Brits and Canadians and US are doing the brunt of the fighting, the rest are sitting back in the cities.

rppearso
06-24-2008, 09:36 AM
Pretty much. The Brits and Canadians and US are doing the brunt of the fighting, the rest are sitting back in the cities.

Thats because people were tired of fighting and the people voted just like this nation is soon to do and with our withdrawal Briton and Canada will also withdraw. The will of the people will be done, no matter how much crap you throw. How dare those people sit in cities and live there lives and go to work, the nerve of them to be there for there family instead of indefinatly deployed, are you for real dude or are you messing with us. When we truely have to fight for our freedom you will see the gloves come off and the war will last about 30 days if that, all we are doing now is tearing families apart and f**king with peoples lives.

Roomy
06-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Thats because people were tired of fighting and the people voted just like this nation is soon to do and with our withdrawal Briton and Canada will also withdraw. The will of the people will be done, no matter how much crap you throw. How dare those people sit in cities and live there lives and go to work, the nerve of them to be there for there family instead of indefinatly deployed, are you for real dude or are you messing with us. When we truely have to fight for our freedom you will see the gloves come off and the war will last about 30 days if that, all we are doing now is tearing families apart and f**king with peoples lives.

What was all that about?

Monkeybone
06-24-2008, 12:12 PM
What was all that about?

Roomy, I'd like you to meet rppearso. He is our board's most enthusiastic military hater since he couldn't handle it.

Nukeman
06-24-2008, 12:19 PM
What was all that about?He's a spoiled little snot that when he doesn't get his way he wants to change the rules.

He couldn't hack it in the military and can barely make a coherent sentence yet tells the rest of us how stupid we are. Ohh by the way he's a big bad ass that can kick yours ass any day. Or so he thinks......

He's just a tool who quite and now hates the military because they *gasp* yelled at him in basic....... They attempted to make a man out of him and failed miserably.....

Gaffer
06-24-2008, 05:53 PM

Actually its because most of the NATO countries are afraid to commit combat forces. Like most of the countries in europe they would rather let someone else take on the hard jobs.

No one is withdrawing from anywhere. As usual you you don't know what your talking about. It was a short sentence and you still didn't comprehend it.

The cities I was referring to were the cities in afghan. Not cities in other countries.

I am much more real than you are asswipe. I HAVE fought. Something you would never do. You are not part of the "we" you refer too that will fight when the gloves come off. Your the whiner that hides under the table and waits for someone else to do the hard job.

Your just a whiny little fat boy living in your momma's basement, you have no clue about families.

Have a shitty day.

rppearso
06-25-2008, 12:11 PM
Actually its because most of the NATO countries are afraid to commit combat forces. Like most of the countries in europe they would rather let someone else take on the hard jobs.

No one is withdrawing from anywhere. As usual you you don't know what your talking about. It was a short sentence and you still didn't comprehend it.

The cities I was referring to were the cities in afghan. Not cities in other countries.

I am much more real than you are asswipe. I HAVE fought. Something you would never do. You are not part of the "we" you refer too that will fight when the gloves come off. Your the whiner that hides under the table and waits for someone else to do the hard job.

Your just a whiny little fat boy living in your momma's basement, you have no clue about families.

Have a shitty day.

How do you use the ignore function again?

theHawk
06-25-2008, 03:01 PM

We're talking about Afghanistan you moron. You know, the same folks that attack and killed all those people on 9/11, those people that lived in cities and lived there lives there and went to work only to be slaughtered by thugs trained in Afghanistan. How dare we take the fight to them! :poke:

Gaffer
06-25-2008, 04:43 PM
How do you use the ignore function again?

He hates me and is going to put me on ignore as soon as he figures it out.

If he ignores everyone here that bashes his dumb ass he won't have anything to read.

gabosaurus
06-26-2008, 12:30 AM
We're talking about Afghanistan you moron. You know, the same folks that attack and killed all those people on 9/11, those people that lived in cities and lived there lives there and went to work only to be slaughtered by thugs trained in Afghanistan. How dare we take the fight to them! :

:laugh2:
I hope you realize what a complete ass you made of yourself with that uninformed and idiotic statement.

Point A -- The people of Afghanistan had zero to do with the Sept. 11 attacks. Afghanistan was merely a hideout for bin Laden and a sect of the Taliban. Afghanistan is primarily a collection of feudal states that often fight with each other. The people themselves really don't care about the U.S.

Point B -- There is no indication that any of the Sept. 11 attackers trained in Afghanistan. It is known that 15 of the 19 attackers trained in Saudi Arabia and were financed by the Saudi government. A fact the Bush administration has chosen to ignore.

Point C -- The attack on Afghanistan was primarily a smokescreen to set up the attack on Iraq. Which also had no part in the Sept. 11 attacks. The U.S. sent @10,000 troops to Afghanistan, but well over 100,000 to Iraq.
Yeah, we were really looking for bin Laden. :rolleyes:

theHawk
06-26-2008, 08:26 AM
Point A -- The people of Afghanistan had zero to do with the Sept. 11 attacks. Afghanistan was merely a hideout for bin Laden and a sect of the Taliban. Afghanistan is primarily a collection of feudal states that often fight with each other. The people themselves really don't care about the U.S.

Point B -- There is no indication that any of the Sept. 11 attackers trained in Afghanistan. It is known that 15 of the 19 attackers trained in Saudi Arabia and were financed by the Saudi government. A fact the Bush administration has chosen to ignore.

Do you know what an ass you just made of yourself? When did I ever say it was "the poeple of Afghanistan", AQ and the their Taliban friends are the ones we are at war with. I know that thats where they are "hiding", which is why we are there to find them and kill them.

Where did you get your information that there is "no indication that any" of the highjackers trained in Afghanistan? Many of their own passports show that they went to Afghanistan to fight Russians in Chechnya, some where diverted to meet Osama and train there for the attacks.
Pull your head out of your ass gabby. :poke:

gabosaurus
06-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Dude, WTF? Are you serious?
You stated that the U.S. was at war with Afghanistan. When did that come about?

The hijackers fought in Afghanistan more than a decade before the Sept. 11. They went through a general training for all sorts of terrorist attacks, including crashing planes into buildings.
And let's not forget who taught them the majority of these tactics -- CIA operatives. So, in principle, the CIA helped prepare AQ for the Sept. 11 attacks.
Training for the actual Sept. 11 attacks was done in Saudi Arabia.

Yurt
06-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Dude, WTF? Are you serious?
You stated that the U.S. was at war with Afghanistan. When did that come about?

The hijackers fought in Afghanistan more than a decade before the Sept. 11. They went through a general training for all sorts of terrorist attacks, including crashing planes into buildings.
And let's not forget who taught them the majority of these tactics -- CIA operatives. So, in principle, the CIA helped prepare AQ for the Sept. 11 attacks.
Training for the actual Sept. 11 attacks was done in Saudi Arabia.

the US left afganistan over 12 years before september 11, 2007...so they never did any other training during that 12 years...and to claim "majority" of those tactics....bogus...and please provide proof that the US trained AQ to fly airplanes into buildings...and that training took place in SA

:rolleyes:

gabosaurus
06-26-2008, 08:21 PM
the US left afganistan over 12 years before september 11, 2007...so they never did any other training during that 12 years...and to claim "majority" of those tactics....bogus...and please provide proof that the US trained AQ to fly airplanes into buildings...and that training took place in SA

That made no sense whatsoever. Please try to rephrase your remarks so that they have a semblance of coherence.
Thanks. :)

Psychoblues
06-29-2008, 02:59 AM
In the absense of any credible extenuating information I would suggest that war in the general cowardly sense as proposed and expected by the old white men that usually propose it should be taken quite seriously by those that are required to accomplish the everchanging goals of the idiots that make all the greenbacks and communicated more honestly to the American peoples than as has been presented thus far.

Dig it?

actsnoblemartin
06-29-2008, 03:03 AM
translated: the president and congress should be 100% honest with the american people and not treat us like idiots.

In the absense of any credible extenuating information I would suggest that war in the general cowardly sense as proposed and expected by the old white men that usually propose it should be taken quite seriously by those that are required to accomplish the everchanging goals of the idiots that make all the greenbacks and communicated more honestly to the American peoples than as has been presented thus far.

Dig it?

Psychoblues
06-29-2008, 03:49 AM
Not exactly, but close enough for the feeble minded.

translated: the president and congress should be 100% honest with the american people and not treat us like idiots.

You never cease to amaze me, Dynamo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
06-29-2008, 04:15 AM
Not exactly, but close enough for the feeble minded.

You never cease to amaze me, Dynamo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks mate :cheers2:

Psychoblues
06-29-2008, 04:48 AM
Are they still spiking your sprites, Dynamo?

Thanks mate :cheers2:

You get really silly when you get drunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!