PDA

View Full Version : Verdict puts focus squarely on Cheney

Psychoblues
03-06-2007, 07:32 PM
So much for swearing on the Bible he professes to so staunchly believe in and the God to which he made his oath.

Campaigning in 2000, George Bush promised he would swear on the Bible to restore honor and dignity to a sullied White House and give it "one heck of a scrubbing." The conviction of I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby gave the White House a scrubbing -- but not the one Bush had in mind.

"The case laid bare the inner workings of a presidency under siege and the secretive world of Vice President Dick Cheney.

It showed the lengths to which Cheney went in early summer 2003 to discredit administration critic Joseph Wilson. The former ambassador's assertions had cast doubt on the administration's justification for having taken the country to war in Iraq. And the Libby case showed the president assisting Cheney in the leaked attacks on Wilson."

More: http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Leak-Trial-Analysis.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Maybe he was just kidding?

CSM
03-06-2007, 10:50 PM
So much for swearing on the Bible he professes to so staunchly believe in and the God to which he made his oath.

Campaigning in 2000, George Bush promised he would swear on the Bible to restore honor and dignity to a sullied White House and give it "one heck of a scrubbing." The conviction of I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby gave the White House a scrubbing -- but not the one Bush had in mind.

"The case laid bare the inner workings of a presidency under siege and the secretive world of Vice President Dick Cheney.

It showed the lengths to which Cheney went in early summer 2003 to discredit administration critic Joseph Wilson. The former ambassador's assertions had cast doubt on the administration's justification for having taken the country to war in Iraq. And the Libby case showed the president assisting Cheney in the leaked attacks on Wilson."

More: http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Leak-Trial-Analysis.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Now that was one factual piece. No axes to grind there and no spin or slant....or none that a brain dead lib could spot!

gabosaurus
03-07-2007, 01:12 AM
You can't blame any member of the Bush administration for being a liar. Not when their commander in chief is a habitual liar.

stephanie
03-07-2007, 01:18 AM
:rolleyes:

03-07-2007, 01:28 PM
It's amazing. Libby tells the truth about Wilson and Plame, and Democrats found a way to send him to jail because he didnt remember the details at a later point of time. Doesn't it bother anyone else that Democrats have made telling the truth about them a crime?

CSM
03-07-2007, 01:37 PM
You can't blame any member of the Bush administration for being a liar. Not when their commander in chief is a habitual liar.

Care to prove that statement or are you going to fall back on your "it's boring" excuse again? Some would call that habitual trolling.....

5stringJeff
03-07-2007, 03:13 PM

Unlike, say, Bill Clinton, who was impeached for perjury?

Insein
03-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Title of thread should add "...I hope" at the end of it.

stephanie
03-07-2007, 06:01 PM

:laugh2:

Dilloduck
03-07-2007, 06:05 PM

Are you really going to come back here just to spout "conservatives bad-liberals good " again ? BOOOO --RING !!:lame2:

* sorry CSM--I just noticed you post.

Psychoblues
03-07-2007, 06:06 PM
There is no question that the majority of the questions surrounding the Plame exposure have not yet been answered to the satisfaction of the American public or to the Justice Department.

We will see, admittedly hopefully, how this all plays out in the next few years or so.

03-07-2007, 06:36 PM
There is no question that the majority of the questions surrounding the Plame exposure have not yet been answered to the satisfaction of the American public or to the Justice Department.

We will see, admittedly hopefully, how this all plays out in the next few years or so.

What questions do you seem to think haven't been answered?

Armitage "outed" her. He was an Iraq war critic.

Our dear prosecutor knew that within two weeks of his investigation. Heck he knew within two hours that there was no crime. Any idiot who bothers reading the statute knows there was no crime.

CSM
03-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Are you really going to come back here just to spout "conservatives bad-liberals good " again ? BOOOO --RING !!:lame2:

* sorry CSM--I just noticed you post.

NP ... great minds and all that!

CockySOB
03-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Libby was convicted of perjury and obstruction of justice for his statements sworn before a convened Grand Jury, period. He deserves the same contempt that I give Slick Willy for his perjury conviction.

The rest of the tripe I see coming from librull dumbfuck's keyboards is laughable, just as anyone who tries to "justify" the idea that Libby shouldn't be convicted because there was no other crime committed.

Fact: if you lie under oath during a legal proceeding, you deserve what you get.

gabosaurus
03-07-2007, 09:50 PM

Sorry Dillo. Unlike the Bush apologists, I can not tell a lie.
But I must admit, lying about a blow job is certainly more heinous that lying about starting a war under false pretenses.
Perhaps if we found out that Clinton used to bugger House pages, then had other cover it up.

CSM
03-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Sorry Dillo. Unlike the Bush apologists, I can not tell a lie.

This belongs in the humor forum

Insein
03-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Libby was convicted of perjury and obstruction of justice for his statements sworn before a convened Grand Jury, period. He deserves the same contempt that I give Slick Willy for his perjury conviction.

The rest of the tripe I see coming from librull dumbfuck's keyboards is laughable, just as anyone who tries to "justify" the idea that Libby shouldn't be convicted because there was no other crime committed.

Fact: if you lie under oath during a legal proceeding, you deserve what you get.

So what did he lie about? Do you know?

CockySOB
03-07-2007, 11:44 PM
So what did he lie about? Do you know?

Might not have been a lie which was the basis of the conviction. We won't know for certain until the court documents are released. There are something like 20 different possible actions which can get your charged/convicted of obstruction of justice. Believe it or not, picketing can result in an obstruction charge.

Personally, I bet it has to do with the jury believing that Libby intentionally misled investigators about when he knew what about Plame. But there's nothing to say that the conviction wasn't based on another piece of information/conversation either. Hence, I reserve my final analysis until I have read the court transcripts. Should be an interesting read.

Sitarro
03-07-2007, 11:53 PM
You know what you dumbasses haven't figured out...... You bring the Vice President to trial, his health becomes a problem and guess what, numerous scenarios come into play and all will be very bad for the Dumbassocrats.

Guess who gets to appoint a new VP? Look at the possibilities...Joe Lieberman..... His Senate seat is up for an appoinment by Republican Governor Jodi Rell....ooops, there goes your feeble little majority. Not to mention the political mileage of a Republican appointing a former Dem now an Independent because the Dems tried to screw him.

President Bush could also put Rudi in there and basically set him up for 2008.

So go ahead dumbasses, put the Vice President on trial, give him an excuse to resign...he'll get pardoned anyway.:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

You clowns are so fucked!

Hobbit
03-07-2007, 11:55 PM
If Libby truly did lie, then he deserves what he got. Nonetheless, I am inclined to believe that he was convicted based on the fabricated crimes of the administration. If it does turn out that he really did just have a few memory lapses, then I think this will be the first time a non-participant in a non-scandal surrounding a non-crime was convicted of a crime for which he was not charged.

stephanie
03-08-2007, 12:01 AM
You can go here and READ FROM one of the jurors....
Remember the NON BIAS.....number 9 ...
How fitting...It should of been juror #69, in my opinion....

They wanted a conviction like the Clinton impeachment........:laugh2:

They couldn't get a PRESIDENT, but they are all slapping themselves on the back, for getting Scooter Libby, And he wasn't even convicted for OUTTING A CIA AGENT...........Man I watched Chrissy Mathews pissing his pants tonight trying trying trying.....He even brought up Clinton....:laugh2:

INSIDE THE JURY ROOM
HUFFINGTON POST EXCLUSIVE

WHAT THE JURY THOUGHT, DAY BY DAY, WITNESS BY WITNESS, AT THE SCOOTER LIBBY TRIAL

By Denis Collins, Juror #9

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/thenewswire/docs/libby/

We need to be very afraid of the progressives......If they can convict a person on such weak evidence as this???
It's not a good sign.......We better start fighting.........NOW

manu1959
03-08-2007, 01:14 AM

remind me again what law cheney broke?

CockySOB
03-08-2007, 06:05 AM
WHAT THE JURY THOUGHT, DAY BY DAY, WITNESS BY WITNESS, AT THE SCOOTER LIBBY TRIAL

By Denis Collins, Juror #9

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/thenewswire/docs/libby/

We need to be very afraid of the progressives......If they can convict a person on such weak evidence as this???
It's not a good sign.......We better start fighting.........NOW

Good catch, and y'know what else? A nice start for an appeal by Libby's defense team.

glockmail
03-08-2007, 07:23 AM
Verdict puts focus squarely on Cheney

What a panty waste, fag conclusion! :laugh2:

03-08-2007, 05:06 PM
If Libby truly did lie, then he deserves what he got. Nonetheless, I am inclined to believe that he was convicted based on the fabricated crimes of the administration. If it does turn out that he really did just have a few memory lapses, then I think this will be the first time a non-participant in a non-scandal surrounding a non-crime was convicted of a crime for which he was not charged.

a few memory lapses is all they have proven it to be.

You see in order to prove perjury you have to prove intent.

So why would Libby intend to lie? Neither he nor his bosses leaked anything. There is absolutely no motive to lie because there wasn't a crime to cover up.

The mere fact that this investigation moved beyond the first three hours when the prosecutor knew that there was no crime under the law and that the leak was Armitage is an abuse of prosecutorial powers. Period. The only one who should be going to jail is the prosecutor.

tim_duncan2000
03-08-2007, 07:31 PM
I agree. I'm not even sure he lied at all. And if people think he did lie because he misremembered some events, then, by their logic, several witnesses lied then because they misremembered some things too. Nothing will happen to them though. Another ridiculous thing about all this is, according to some reporters, Libby would have had fewer problems if he just stuck to that familiar phrase used by many politicians over the years "I don't recall", but he instead tried not to be evasive and, in the process, got some things wrong and I believe that it was in good faith.

Psychoblues
03-16-2007, 09:23 PM
You think this is funny?

This belongs in the humor forum

Keep up, csm, and remember that we live in a free and Democratic society.