PDA

View Full Version : Europe fears Obama on Iran

red states rule
06-23-2008, 10:35 AM
It is about time people start seeing Obama for what he is - and appeaser and soft on terror

The libs at the Washington Compost did try to bury the story. If it was about John McCain, it would have been on the front page

Europe Fears Obama Might Undercut Progress With Iran

By Glenn Kessler
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, June 22, 2008; Page A14

European officials are increasingly concerned that Sen. Barack Obama's campaign pledge to begin direct talks with Iran on its nuclear program without preconditions could potentially rupture U.S. relations with key European allies early in a potential Obama administration.

The U.N. Security Council has passed four resolutions demanding that Iran stop enriching uranium, each time highlighting the offer of financial and diplomatic incentives from a European-led coalition if Tehran suspends enrichment, a route to producing fuel for nuclear weapons. But Obama, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, has said he would make such suspension a topic for discussion with Iran, rather than a precondition for any negotiations to take place.

European officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said they are wary of giving up a demand that has been so enshrined in U.N. resolutions, particularly without any corresponding concessions by Iran. Although European officials are eager to welcome a U.S. president promising renewed diplomacy and multilateralism after years of tensions with the Bush administration, they feel strongly about continuing on the current path.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/21/AR2008062101658.html?nav=rss_world

namvet
06-23-2008, 11:35 AM
It is about time people start seeing Obama for what he is - and appeaser and soft on terror

The libs at the Washington Compost did try to bury the story. If it was about John McCain, it would have been on the front page

Europe Fears Obama Might Undercut Progress With Iran

By Glenn Kessler
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, June 22, 2008; Page A14

European officials are increasingly concerned that Sen. Barack Obama's campaign pledge to begin direct talks with Iran on its nuclear program without preconditions could potentially rupture U.S. relations with key European allies early in a potential Obama administration.

The U.N. Security Council has passed four resolutions demanding that Iran stop enriching uranium, each time highlighting the offer of financial and diplomatic incentives from a European-led coalition if Tehran suspends enrichment, a route to producing fuel for nuclear weapons. But Obama, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, has said he would make such suspension a topic for discussion with Iran, rather than a precondition for any negotiations to take place.

European officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said they are wary of giving up a demand that has been so enshrined in U.N. resolutions, particularly without any corresponding concessions by Iran. Although European officials are eager to welcome a U.S. president promising renewed diplomacy and multilateralism after years of tensions with the Bush administration, they feel strongly about continuing on the current path.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/21/AR2008062101658.html?nav=rss_world

there's your sign. he'll crawl to Iran on his hands and knees and beg for forgiveness

glockmail
06-23-2008, 11:47 AM
after years of tensions with the Bush administration, they feel strongly about continuing on the current path. That's the sign of a valuable leader. They didn't want to follow him, but now that they have they see his wisdom and want to continue.

namvet
06-23-2008, 11:57 AM
the EU has no time for foreign wars. their under attacks by muslims at home.

Abbey Marie
06-23-2008, 12:35 PM
That's the sign of a valuable leader. They didn't want to follow him, but now that they have they see his wisdom and want to continue.

It is very possible that history will see Bush as the last President to serve, before America's new leadership turned us into a capitulating mess.

Kathianne
06-23-2008, 12:41 PM
It is very possible that history will see Bush as the last President to serve, before America's new leadership turned us into a capitulating mess.

Personally I think Bush will be proven right on the WOT, failure domestically.

red states rule
06-23-2008, 01:17 PM

Like Truman, Pres Bush will be seen in much better light without the influence of the liberal media

red states rule
06-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Personally I think Bush will be proven right on the WOT, failure domestically.

A disappoinment domestically - not a failure

Kathianne
06-23-2008, 01:35 PM
A disappoinment domestically - not a failure

Actually, he failed. For 4 years he had a majority in Congress, for the past 3, enough to be vetoed. He failed. He pushed for ethanol, he did nothing about the falling dollar, he failed to push through a cogent energy plan.

red states rule
06-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Actually, he failed. For 4 years he had a majority in Congress, for the past 3, enough to be vetoed. He failed. He pushed for ethanol, he did nothing about the falling dollar, he failed to push through a cogent energy plan.

No terror attacks since 9-11. Justice Alito and Roberts on the USSC. Never backing down on the war on terror. Tax cuts that kept the economy from going into recession. Pres Bush made the Dems fund the troops without a surrender date, and got his FISA bill thriugh the House. These are just a few good points

Yes, Pres Bush has not done everything I wanted, and he pissed me off over imnmigration and border security

Far from a failure IMHO Kathianne

Kathianne
06-23-2008, 02:14 PM
No terror attacks since 9-11. Justice Alito and Roberts on the USSC. Never backing down on the war on terror. Tax cuts that kept the economy from going into recession. Pres Bush made the Dems fund the troops without a surrender date, and got his FISA bill thriugh the House. These are just a few good points

Yes, Pres Bush has not done everything I wanted, and he pissed me off over imnmigration and border security

Far from a failure IMHO Kathianne

He allowed the sunset provisions on tax cuts, coming due. I already said foreign policy ok. The Scotus appointments were good, but not good enough to prevent that other thread. Not only that, by rhetoric, managed to turn the independents into Democrat votes.

red states rule
06-23-2008, 02:17 PM
He allowed the sunset provisions on tax cuts, coming due. I already said foreign policy ok. The Scotus appointments were good, but not good enough to prevent that other thread. Not only that, by rhetoric, managed to turn the independents into Democrat votes.

Without the sunset provision, the tax cuts never would have gone through. Dems would have blocked them

I want to see if a majority of voters will buy the Dems spin that allowing them to expire is not a tax increase

On the USSC, it is Kennedy that sided with the liberal Judges. The next President could have as many as 3 appointments. God forbid if Obama is the one picking them.

Kathianne
06-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Without the sunset provision, the tax cuts never would have gone through. Dems would have blocked them

I want to see if a majority of voters will buy the Dems spin that allowing them to expire is not a tax increase

On the USSC, it is Kennedy that sided with the liberal Judges. The next President could have as many as 3 appointments. God forbid if Obama is the one picking them.

In all likelihood Obama will, in no small thanks to GW's decisions on so many topics. RSR, remember I worked on his freakin' campaigns, both times. In either case, he was the best choice. Unfortunately the piper is now coming to play.

red states rule
06-23-2008, 02:27 PM
In all likelihood Obama will, in no small thanks to GW's decisions on so many topics. RSR, remember I worked on his freakin' campaigns, both times. In either case, he was the best choice. Unfortunately the piper is now coming to play.

It is still 5 months to Election day, and Obama is stepping in it on a weekly basis

The more Obama speaks, the more he hurts his own chances