PDA

View Full Version : Road Rage

Yurt
06-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Sheesh, what is with people and anger today? the times we live in seem dire and prophetic...

It was a minor traffic annoyance, something that happens every day, everywhere.

But in San Francisco on Sunday, it triggered an outburst of road rage that cost the lives of a father of four and his oldest son, and left his youngest son clinging to life. Police say it was a tragedy that defied explanation.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/06/23/BAS011DN2V.DTL&tsp=1

retiredman
06-23-2008, 08:53 PM
I can only assume that you followed the ambulances to SF General. Get any clients?

I would have to imagine that there are more qualified attorneys, so you need to be the first on the scene, eh?

Yurt
06-23-2008, 08:55 PM
I can only assume that you followed the ambulances to SF General. Get any clients?

I would have to imagine that there are more qualified attorneys, so you need to be the first on the scene, eh?

only an asshole would turn a thread about the deaths of two, possibly three, people into a personal feud...and you say i am obsessive...you should be banned from this thread, your post is clearly a violation of rules

do not reply again in this thread, thanks

retiredman
06-23-2008, 08:59 PM
only an asshole would turn a thread about the deaths of two, possibly three, people into a personal feud...and you say i am obsessive...you should be banned from this thread, your post is clearly a violation of rules

do not reply again in this thread, thanks

oh..and a thread about road rage started by a shoddy ambulance chaser is certainly one that I have lived my entire life up until this moment just to be able to participate in.

I'll reply in any thread I chose, shyster, until the mods boot me out...and, as I said, if that happens, it will not cause me to lose any sleep.

reap the whirlwind.:lol:

Silver
06-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Well done mfm....he deserves a personal attack....his uncivil post is proof beyond doubt that he needs to be taken down a notch or two...

You are da man...da man....

retiredman
06-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Well done mfm....he deserves a personal attack....his uncivil post is proof beyond doubt that he needs to be taken down a notch or two...

You are da man...da man....

thanks for understanding. people denigrate my integrity at a cost!

Yurt
06-23-2008, 09:03 PM
oh..and a thread about road rage started by a shoddy ambulance chaser is certainly one that I have lived my entire life up until this moment just to be able to participate in.

I'll reply in any thread I chose, shyster, until the mods boot me out...and, as I said, if that happens, it will not cause me to lose any sleep.

reap the whirlwind.:lol:

why are you obsessively following me around and insulting me? don't post in this thread again, it is clear your only intention is to flame and not respond to the thread topic.

Silver
06-23-2008, 09:03 PM
thanks for understanding. people denigrate my integrity at a cost!

Damn right ...you deserve a rep for that macho attack.....damn that Yurt to hell.....who does he think he is.....

retiredman
06-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Damn right ...you deserve a rep for that macho attack.....damn that Yurt to hell.....who does he think he is.....

he THINKS he's a competent attorney.:lol:

darin
06-23-2008, 09:06 PM
manfrommaine removed from this discussion for baiting.

Silver
06-23-2008, 09:06 PM
he THINKS he's a competent attorney.:lol:

So...what the hell...you THINK you're a patriot.....

Yurt
06-23-2008, 09:08 PM
has anyone been a victim of road rage? when i was 16 i had some 40 year old ass following me home and punch me for allegedly cutting him off... he was drunk too, lovely

Silver
06-23-2008, 09:10 PM
manfrommaine removed from this discussion for baiting.

Bullshit....let him rant....what kind of debate do you want here...one sided..???
I see this shit on Democratic sites and it suks their and much as here...

Yurt
06-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Bullshit....let him rant....what kind of debate do you want here...one sided..???

this is a thread about people losing their lives, what value is there (not their) in his personal attacks in this thread...none

darin
06-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Silver removed from thread. This is a reminder for users - if you have questions or concerns about moderation of the board, take it to PM.

Abbey Marie
06-23-2008, 09:29 PM

Silver,

Darin is trying to foster debate instead of another flame-fest. If this bothers you, please take this up with him, or another mod, in a PM.

Thanks,
Abbey

hjmick
06-23-2008, 09:35 PM

There was no debate taking place. It's not like he took an opposing position arguing that the killings were somehow justified.

crin63
06-23-2008, 09:38 PM
When I was about 20 I had a carload of guys (6-7) following me trying to get me to pull off the freeway because I wouldn't change lanes and let them by on the freeway. We were the only 2 cars on a 3 lane fwy at midnight in Riverside, CA. They got behind me and started flashing their lights for me to move over and let them pass.

I did want I normally do under circumstances like that. I slowed down. They got right on my bumper instead of going around either of the 2 clear lanes so I went to my alternate plan and slammed on my brakes.

I'm not quite sure why but it seemed to provoke them.:coffee:

So being the wise, intelligent young fool that I was, I got behind them and flipped on my high beams as well as the 4 lights on my roll bar and the 2 in my front crash bar until they moved over. I don't think their gestures meant have a nice day.

They followed me for about another 10 - 15 minutes after that and then finally gave up and went away. I was glad because I really didn't want to hurt them. :cool:

crin63
06-23-2008, 09:41 PM
I don't meant to make light of those people losing their lives. That was tragic.
I was responding to the question of road rage experienced.

Abbey Marie
06-23-2008, 09:43 PM
I don't meant to make light of those people losing their lives. That was tragic.
I was responding to the question of road rage experienced.

Crin, you are too thoughtful a poster for anyone to take it the wrong way. :salute:

diuretic
06-24-2008, 04:03 AM
It happens here too, I just don't understand it. There was a case a few months ago, two blokes just got of their cars and started punching each other, rolling around on the ground, the whole thing. Ordinary blokes, both dressed well, looked like ordinary businessmen. Others have seen people pulling iron bars and baseball bats out of their vehicles and belting into other drivers and/or their vehicles. It's insane. It hasn't happened to me though, no way would I even stop, let alone get out of the car and have a go at someone. I'd lose my job in an instant if I got involved in some sort of road rage.

Roomy
06-24-2008, 06:53 AM
has anyone been a victim of road rage? when i was 16 i had some 40 year old ass following me home and punch me for allegedly cutting him off... he was drunk too, lovely

I swear it wasn't me:slap:

I have suffered road rage on numerous occassions, I almost came to blows with an idiot in a supermarket carpark when he reversed out of a space into me, he had smashed my front light, no damage to his car, he started out by trying to claim it was my fault that 'he' reversed into me, then he decided because it was a private car park I would have to take him to court and sue him for the money, after grabbing the thick bastard by the throat and bending over the bonnet of his car he soon changed his mind and handed over an appropriate sum of cash.He is lucky it was christmas eve and I was full of goodwill toward men:laugh2:

Roomy
06-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Slightly different story.Me and my mates were out in the car once upon a time when we were young, driving slowly down the busy main street, windows down, we passed this huge guy carrying shopping, one of my mates shouted "What have you got there? you big fat *bleep*". We all laughed, as you do, my mate went on to explain that he knew this big guy and he was always up for a laugh.Five minutes later we were parked up, talking, when this big guy came around the corner, he was fucking huge and the closer he got, the bigger he got."Fucking hell" we all said aloud as this angry fucking giant made a beeline for us."It's OK, I know him, It'll be right".The man reached the car, my mate was about to speak but the man reached in, grabbed him by the hair, pulled him out of the window, bitch slapped him across the face, said, "don't you ever fucking speak like that to me again" backhanded him across the other side of face then pushed him back into the car and walked off.My mate had a massive hand print on one side of his face, a burst nose and a cut eye on the other side.We were in fits of fucking laughter because he fucking well deserved it and I suppose he was thankful that he knew the guy and he could take a joke, otherwise who knows what he would have done to him:laugh2:

diuretic
06-24-2008, 07:34 AM
Slightly different story.Me and my mates were out in the car once upon a time when we were young, driving slowly down the busy main street, windows down, we passed this huge guy carrying shopping, one of my mates shouted "What have you got there? you big fat *bleep*". We all laughed, as you do, my mate went on to explain that he knew this big guy and he was always up for a laugh.Five minutes later we were parked up, talking, when this big guy came around the corner, he was fucking huge and the closer he got, the bigger he got."Fucking hell" we all said aloud as this angry fucking giant made a beeline for us."It's OK, I know him, It'll be right".The man reached the car, my mate was about to speak but the man reached in, grabbed him by the hair, pulled him out of the window, bitch slapped him across the face, said, "don't you ever fucking speak like that to me again" backhanded him across the other side of face then pushed him back into the car and walked off.My mate had a massive hand print on one side of his face, a burst nose and a cut eye on the other side.We were in fits of fucking laughter because he fucking well deserved it and I suppose he was thankful that he knew the guy and he could take a joke, otherwise who knows what he would have done to him:laugh2:

Don't diss one of the Kray twins then :laugh2:

Sitarro
06-24-2008, 07:54 AM
Sheesh, what is with people and anger today? the times we live in seem dire and prophetic...

But in San Francisco on Sunday, it triggered an outburst of road rage that cost the lives of a father of four and his oldest son, and left his youngest son clinging to life. Police say it was a tragedy that defied explanation.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/06/23/BAS011DN2V.DTL&tsp=1

A Chrysler 300M? 3 people inside that start shooting at them for no reason? I would say that the offenders were black, 9 times out of 10 you find blacks driving those cars. Gang of three, blacks tend to be as big of chicken shits as Arabs, they attack in numbers. The man was with his son(couldn't have been a black father, they take off like Obama's), had to be white or asian and from the name, asian is out of the question. Clearly a racist attack against white people....... what do you expect in the age of Obama and his racist message?

glockmail
06-24-2008, 07:58 AM

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/06/23/BAS011DN2V.DTL&tsp=1 I'm calling bullshit on this. It wasn't road rage, but three gang bangers killing the first white guy that they saw. This was a racist hate crime.

glockmail
06-24-2008, 08:11 AM
When I was about 20 I had a carload of guys (6-7) following me trying to get me to pull off the freeway because I wouldn't change lanes and let them by on the freeway. We were the only 2 cars on a 3 lane fwy at midnight in Riverside, CA. They got behind me and started flashing their lights for me to move over and let them pass.

I did want I normally do under circumstances like that. I slowed down. They got right on my bumper instead of going around either of the 2 clear lanes so I went to my alternate plan and slammed on my brakes.

I'm not quite sure why but it seemed to provoke them.:coffee:

So being the wise, intelligent young fool that I was, I got behind them and flipped on my high beams as well as the 4 lights on my roll bar and the 2 in my front crash bar until they moved over. I don't think their gestures meant have a nice day.

They followed me for about another 10 - 15 minutes after that and then finally gave up and went away. I was glad because I really didn't want to hurt them. :cool: When I was in my 20's I drove from Boston to NY often (northern suburbs) to see my girl. I had a similar thing happen to me, except it was only 2 guys, about 11 pm. They followed me for several miles, and I got of on a familiar exit and drove into a deserted parking lot with only one narrow entrance /exit, then all the way to the end, turned the car around facing the entrance and turned my parking lights on, and opened the door to turn on the dome light, then put one foot on the ground. They turned into the lot entrance and stopped where they could see me waiting for them about 100 feet away. The intimidation worked because after about 30 seconds they backed out of the lot and took off. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
06-24-2008, 03:30 PM
I once had a guy in a pickup try to push his way in front of me waiting in a toll booth lane, because he apparently didn't like the lane he was in. I'm not really one to back down, so I kept going in my lane and didn't let him push his way in front of me. Unbelievably, he pushed and pushed it until he bent in my side driver mirror frame. That day I learned that people are insane and will potentially do anything to get where they want on the road.

Another time a guy who wanted to get in front of me but couldn't, raced up to get next to me at the next light, and brandished a huge looking handgun in my direction. I have to say, I was really scared that time.

glockmail
06-24-2008, 03:57 PM
I once had a guy in a pickup try to push his way in front of me waiting in a toll booth lane, because he apparently didn't like the lane he was in. I'm not really one to back down, so I kept going in my lane and didn't let him push his way in front of me. Unbelievably, he pushed and pushed it until he bent in my side driver mirror frame. That day I learned that people are insane and will potentially do anything to get where they want on the road.

Another time a guy who wanted to get in front of me but couldn't, raced up to get next to me at the next light, and brandished a huge looking handgun in my direction. I have to say, I was really scared that time.

The first guy committed hit-and-run, and the second a felony (assuming he pointed the gun at you). Either one you should have written down his plate number and reported it.

crin63
06-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Crin, you are too thoughtful a poster for anyone to take it the wrong way. :salute:

Thanks Abbey! :salute:

Roomy
06-25-2008, 02:36 AM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Yurt
06-25-2008, 10:30 AM
06-24) 20:12 PDT San Francisco -- The third victim of a road-rage shooting in San Francisco died Tuesday night, and police released a composite sketch of the gunman and pleaded for the public's help in solving the triple slaying.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/06/25/BAT011EC2M.DTL

click link for pics of the victims and possible shooter

hjmick
06-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Sad.

I hope they can catch this waste of human life before he does it again.

glockmail
06-25-2008, 12:07 PM
http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2008/06/25/mn_bologna_suspect6.jpg Mexicano?

Gaffer
06-25-2008, 05:58 PM
illegal?

Yurt
06-26-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm calling bullshit on this. It wasn't road rage, but three gang bangers killing the first white guy that they saw. This was a racist hate crime.

well, you were right on about the gang member:

Gang member arrested in killing of dad, 2 sons

A member of a notoriously violent street gang was arrested and booked Wednesday on three counts of murder in the shootings of a San Francisco father and two sons in the city's Excelsior district that police believe stemmed from a minor traffic incident, authorities said.

Edwin Ramos, 21, of El Sobrante was arrested at 12:05 a.m. at his home on the 4300 block of Hilltop Drive in the Sunday slayings of Tony Bologna, 48, and his sons Michael, 20, and Matthew, 16, authorities said. At 5 p.m., he was booked on the murder charges.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/06/25/BAH411F12H.DTL&tsp=1

mundame
06-26-2008, 12:23 PM
I did want I normally do under circumstances like that. I slowed down.

This is so true. It's what I ALWAYS do, no conscious thought needed. Somebody gets behind me and flashes their lights saying "Move out of my way, B***h!" I ALWAYS stay right there and slow down.

I think it's what stopped that pernicious practice years ago. Remember when a lot of people were flashing lights in the '80s? It has stopped mostly, because so many wouldn't cooperate with it, no way.