PDA

View Full Version : The Elitist playing with the Presidential Seal

glockmail
06-24-2008, 08:27 AM
http://media1.suntimes.com/multimedia/062308lynnblog2_cst_feed_20080623_19_07_53_2125-282-400.imageContent

The Obama campaign didn't see it coming-catching flak for creating a mock presidential, seal with the Obama "Yes we can" slogan in Latin last Friday. The campaign unveiled it at a meeting Obama had with Democratic governors in Chicago. On Monday, the Obama campaign announced that the seal was for one-time viewing only and was retired from duty. http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1020549,sweetblog062308.article

The Latin phrase "E Pluribus Unum," which translates to "Out of many, one," was replaced with "Vero Possumus," which translates to "Truly, we are able" — a rough translation of the Obama campaign slogan "Yes we can."

As Newsmax reported, the deletion of "E Pluribus Unum," long considered the de-facto motto of the United States, is not accidental for multiculturalists, who have long denigrated the concept that immigrants must strip away their old culture in favor of the "oneness" of American civilization.

In the 1990s, such activists promoted the alternative concept of the nation's ethnic "mosaic," rather than a single, overarching metaphor to describe American society. For example, Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan has pointedly criticized the "E Pluribus Unum" motto as not reflecting the nation's diversity.
http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/obama_presidential_seal/2008/06/23/106953.html?s=al&promo_code=64CD-1

AFbombloader
06-24-2008, 08:58 AM
http://media1.suntimes.com/multimedia/062308lynnblog2_cst_feed_20080623_19_07_53_2125-282-400.imageContent

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1020549,sweetblog062308.article

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/obama_presidential_seal/2008/06/23/106953.html?s=al&promo_code=64CD-1

I saw this on the John Stewart show this afternoon, and he blasted Obama(surprizingly). I think it makes him look kinda desperate. Which it is kinda early for.

AF:salute:

Hagbard Celine
06-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Get real people. It's a campaign logo. :rolleyes:

hjmick
06-24-2008, 09:26 AM
I saw this on the John Stewart show this afternoon, and he blasted Obama(surprizingly). I think it makes him look kinda desperate. Which it is kinda early for.

AF:salute:

I think it makes him look arrogant and entitled.

Stewart's reaction is not as surprising as you might think. Though he has obvious liberal leanings, and his love for the current administration is non-existant, he does take whacks at both parties. What was more surprising than the arrogance of the faux seal was the reaction of the Obama networks and print media. Nearly all of them talked of it in negative terms.

GW in Ohio
06-24-2008, 09:43 AM
I think it makes him look arrogant and entitled.

Stewart's reaction is not as surprising as you might think. Though he has obvious liberal leanings, and his love for the current administration is non-existant, he does take whacks at both parties. What was more surprising than the arrogance of the faux seal was the reaction of the Obama networks and print media. Nearly all of them talked of it in negative terms.

Is this all you guys have to bitch about?

This is pretty stupid, chickenshit stuff.

06-24-2008, 09:45 AM

actually, no. we criticize his policies all the time. Unfortunately, your side doesnt give a damn about policies, only image. so we have to converse at your level.

glockmail
06-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Get real people. It's a campaign logo. :rolleyes: If so then why did he pull it?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/eeobtour/images/seal-presidential-color.jpg

hjmick
06-24-2008, 10:05 AM

No, not really.

The reality is that the design is meant to invoke images of Obama as President. It is meant to subliminally suggest to potential voters that he can do the job, that he should get the job, that he deserves the job. In this day and age, when we live in a predominantly visual world, image is more than 50% of the campaign, and, most of that is visual. The logo is obviously meant to make Obama look more "Presidential."

You and I both know that that logo was no spur of the moment decision. There were hours of discussion behind it, what it would represent, how it would be perceived by potential voters, and how it would make Obama look. I would also venture a guess and say there was at least one focus group, if not more, used to determine whether or not it would have positive effect.

If not for the negative, obviously unanticipated, reaction of the Obama fawning press, the campaign would still be using it.

Often it is not what is said but what seen.

stephanie
06-24-2008, 10:58 AM
I think this makes the Obambam look even more stupid and desperate, than what he already is.

He should run for President of his old high school, that's about what his campagin is looking like.

Hagbard Celine
06-24-2008, 11:39 AM
If so then why did he pull it?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/eeobtour/images/seal-presidential-color.jpg

He pulled it because people like you threw such a hissy fit about it. A campaign logo is just supposed to give your name brand recognition. If you unveil it and get nothing but pissing and moaning from the very people you're trying to sway then you say "F*ck it" and go back to the drawing board. Personally, I think it was a great logo. It connotes presidentiality by copying the format of the Presidential seal and it utilized his primary campaign "O" logo. What's not to like? Are you guys actually trying to claim that it's "disrespectful" to the office or something? What a load of crap :rolleyes:

Also, if you knew anything, you'd know that during the Cold War, the McCarthyists changed the original national motto that the founding fathers set up: "E Pluribus Unum" to "In God We Trust" so as to fight the godlessness of those darn Commies. So you see, your side has already bastardized the original message anyway. As usual, you have no ground to stand on and your blithering grievances are bunk.

This little episode belies your rampant partisanship and just goes to show that your ilk will b*tch and moan about everything Obama does regardless of how small and/or benign it is.

Hagbard Celine
06-24-2008, 11:41 AM
I think this makes the Obambam look even more stupid and desperate, than what he already is.

He should run for President of his old high school, that's about what his campagin is looking like.

I didn't know Dubya had come up with his own take on the Presidential seal Steph :poke:

http://www.submergingmarkets.com/photos/uncategorized/gwnotwithit.jpg

hjmick
06-24-2008, 11:53 AM
I can't speak for the others, Hag, but I do not find it disrespectful. Hell, I don't even object to it's continued use if that's what he wants. I do not care. I was merely pointing out the obvious intention behind the logo and the images it intended to evoke. You seem to get it, judging by what I read in your first post. It's advertising, pure and simple.

stephanie
06-24-2008, 11:54 AM
I didn't know Dubya had come up with his own take on the Presidential seal Steph :poke:

http://www.submergingmarkets.com/photos/uncategorized/gwnotwithit.jpg

Is your picture suppose to bother me??
the Obambam supporters are getting a little............snarky..:lmao:

Hagbard Celine
06-24-2008, 11:56 AM
I can't speak for the others, Hag, but I do not find it disrespectful. Hell, I don't even object to it's continued use if that's what he wants. I do not care. I was merely pointing out the obvious intention behind the logo and the images it intended to evoke. You seem to get it, judging by what I read in your first post. It's advertising, pure and simple.

Exactly.

Hagbard Celine
06-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Is your picture suppose to bother me??
the Obambam supporters are getting a little............snarky..:lmao:

Oh no, I wasn't trying to "bother" you. I was just remarking on Dubya's creativity in putting his face on the Presidential seal :thumb:

glockmail
06-24-2008, 12:40 PM

Also, if you knew anything, you'd know that during the Cold War, the McCarthyists changed the original national motto that the founding fathers set up: "E Pluribus Unum" to "In God We Trust" so as to fight the godlessness of those darn Commies. So you see, your side has already bastardized the original message anyway. As usual, you have no ground to stand on and your blithering grievances are bunk.
You don't know what you're talking about, unless you are comparing the Obamites to Macarthyites. Obama replaced "E Pluribus Unum," with "Vero Possumus," obviously to placate the diversity nuts.

Trigg
06-24-2008, 12:48 PM
He pulled it because people like you threw such a hissy fit about it. A campaign logo is just supposed to give your name brand recognition. If you unveil it and get nothing but pissing and moaning from the very people you're trying to sway then you say "F*ck it" and go back to the drawing board. .

IMO he pulled it, not because of people like us, but because the MSM started making fun of him for it.

If the media had continued to fawn all over him, as usual, he would have kept the seal.

It made him look like he had already won the Presidency, it was a foolish thing to do.

Kathianne
06-24-2008, 01:57 PM
He already had a 'logo' the 'open road' or what have you. It was incorporated into the 'seal'. Obama is arrogant or his handlers are, which he would have to go along with.

retiredman
06-24-2008, 02:03 PM

precisely. do we really expect our presidential candidates NOT to use marketing savvy to advance their campaigns?

Yurt
06-24-2008, 02:23 PM
whatever their intention was, their marketing folks are idiots. they obviously are not up to date on the people and sorely miscalculated in creating the faux symbol. can't really blame them, they take cues from their faux leader who thinks we are all bitter and clinging to our guns..

Hagbard Celine
06-24-2008, 02:24 PM
You don't know what you're talking about, unless you are comparing the Obamites to Macarthyites. Obama replaced "E Pluribus Unum," with "Vero Possumus," obviously to placate the diversity nuts.

"Vero Possumus" means essentially "Yes we can," which if you've been paying attention at all, has been Obama's campaign slogan all along Glock. He didn't pull it out of ass to appeal to "diversity nuts," whatever those are. :rolleyes:

Kathianne
06-24-2008, 02:24 PM
precisely. do we really expect our presidential candidates NOT to use marketing savvy to advance their campaigns?

Wasn't very 'savvy' or they wouldn't have dropped it. ;)

retiredman
06-24-2008, 02:27 PM
New Coke was a bad idea....so was Pepsi Clear. Are you saying that those two companies are not savvy marketers?

You try shit out...some times it works, sometimes it doesn't. if it doesn't, you try new shit out. individual components of a marketing campaign might not work, but that does not make the marketing campaign process not "savvy".

Yurt
06-24-2008, 02:27 PM

:lol: exactly

stephanie
06-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Obambam and his campaign staff and the people who support him, show no respect for anything that is American.

Not the flag, the seal, the American people.

what a loser.:lame2:

retiredman
06-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Obambam and his campaign staff and the people who support him, show no respect for anything that is American.

and I must compliment you on the respect YOUR avatar shows for the Presidential seal.

loser AND hypocrite! congratulations!

Hagbard Celine
06-24-2008, 02:30 PM

Honestly, your opinion on this is so ridiculous that I can't even take you seriously. :rolleyes: Think about what you said and then look at your avatar. See any inconsistencies?

stephanie
06-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Honestly, your opinion on this is so ridiculous that I can't even take you seriously. :rolleyes:

Honestly, do you think I give a damn.:cheers2:

Hagbard Celine
06-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Honestly, do you think I give a damn.:cheers2:

Yes I do. I think you yearn for approval stephanie. :poke:

stephanie
06-24-2008, 02:36 PM
and I must compliment you on the respect YOUR avatar shows for the Presidential seal.

loser AND hypocrite! congratulations!

yeah, my avatar is just like the Presidential seal.
with the Obambams face in the middle and all..:laugh2:

Kathianne
06-24-2008, 02:36 PM
New Coke was a bad idea....so was Pepsi Clear. Are you saying that those two companies are not savvy marketers?

You try shit out...some times it works, sometimes it doesn't. if it doesn't, you try new shit out. individual components of a marketing campaign might not work, but that does not make the marketing campaign process not "savvy".

So I'll assume they crapped out. ;)

retiredman
06-24-2008, 02:37 PM
So I'll assume they crapped out. ;)

can't answer the question?

retiredman
06-24-2008, 02:38 PM

clearly disrespectful of the seal of the office.

hypocrite.

Kathianne
06-24-2008, 02:38 PM
can't answer the question?

Oh, me oh my. Yes, savvy marketeers, that made many errors. That's what Obama's campaign is?

Hagbard Celine
06-24-2008, 02:39 PM

Uh, that's not Obama's face :cuckoo:
http://www.majickq.com/alfbush.gif

And yes, if Obama's campaign logo was "disrespectful," so is your lame-ass avatar. You can't have it both ways. The seal is either untouchable or it's not. Of course, in a country with free speech, no symbol is off limits so of course you're absolutely wrong to begin with, but you should atleast shoot for consistency. :poke:

Yurt
06-24-2008, 02:41 PM

and don't forget you are personally using the seal to insinuate that you are the president...

stephanie
06-24-2008, 02:42 PM

hypocrite.

Too funny, you don't get upset with your boy wonder for using the true seal of the President, but you get all bent over me using a made up one..

How do you stand your double standards..:laugh2:

retiredman
06-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Oh, me oh my. Yes, savvy marketeers, that made many errors. That's what Obama's campaign is?

marketers never bat 1000. Methinks his team has done pretty well thus far. Junior senator from Illinois... bitchslapped a pack of democratic heavy hitters with lots more experience. I would say that anyone who tried to claim that Obama's campaign has been anything short of marketing genius is delusional... or blinded by hate for the man and/or his race.

Kathianne
06-24-2008, 02:45 PM
marketers never bat 1000. Methinks his team has done pretty well thus far. Junior senator from Illinois... bitchslapped a pack of democratic heavy hitters with lots more experience. I would say that anyone who tried to claim that Obama's campaign has been anything short of marketing genius is delusional... or blinded by hate for the man and/or his race.

Right, you got the memo. Disagree, you are a racist. Got that.

retiredman
06-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Too funny, you don't get upset with your boy wonder for using the true seal of the President, but you get all bent over me using a made up one..

How do you stand your double standards..:laugh2:

He didn't use the "true seal" in any way. He copied the eagle. period. YOurs, on the other hand, is directly disrespectful to the "true" seal.

that makes you a hypocrite... but hey, that's OK... your posse still loves you, I'm sure.

Hagbard Celine
06-24-2008, 02:46 PM
and don't forget you are personally using the seal to insinuate that you are the president...

If he'd wanted to "insinuate" that he's the president, he would've just used the presidential seal instead of a logo that is comprised of his campaign logo and motto. Of course the logo is supposed to look presidential, HE'S RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT mo-mo!
And do you really think he's sitting alone with construction paper and paste drawing these things up? NO! He's got a PR team that does that stuff for him, just like McCain and every other candidate did/does. Your need to attack has you frothing at the mouth. Think before you speak! Jeebus!

stephanie
06-24-2008, 02:48 PM

Of course it must be his race..:puke3:

Kathianne
06-24-2008, 02:49 PM
He didn't use the "true seal" in any way. He copied the eagle. period. YOurs, on the other hand, is directly disrespectful to the "true" seal.

that makes you a hypocrite... but hey, that's OK... your posse still loves you, I'm sure.

Funny thing that, other than 'here' I doubt the Stephanie's copy will get the air time of Barack's.

retiredman
06-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Funny thing that, other than 'here' I doubt the Stephanie's copy will get the air time of Barack's.

of course not....she's an anonymous internet hack and Obama will be our next president.

retiredman
06-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Of course it must be his race..:puke3:

did the and/or throw you?

Hagbard Celine
06-24-2008, 02:52 PM

The principle is the same. Keep scurrying to reaffirm that glaring double standard you have though. Watching you is quite entertaining. :lol:

stephanie
If he'd wanted to "insinuate" that he's the president, he would've just used the presidential seal instead of a logo that is comprised of his campaign logo and motto. Of course the logo is supposed to look presidential, HE'S RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT mo-mo!
And do you really think he's sitting alone with construction paper and paste drawing these things up? NO! He's got a PR team that does that stuff for him, just like McCain and every other candidate did/does. Your need to attack has you frothing at the mouth. Think before you speak! Jeebus!

well, his PR staff must be a bunch of high school kids, for them to pull that joke out of their ass..

and the only ones I see frothing at the mouth is you and your buddy MFM, because people are criticizing your boy wonder.:laugh2:

Kathianne
The principle is the same. Keep scurrying to reaffirm that glaring double standard you have though. Watching you is quite entertaining. :lol:

Please, expound.

stephanie
06-24-2008, 02:54 PM
of course not....she's an anonymous internet hack and Obama will be our next president.

speaking of hacks..:lol:

glockmail
06-24-2008, 02:55 PM
"Vero Possumus" means essentially "Yes we can," which if you've been paying attention at all, has been Obama's campaign slogan all along Glock. He didn't pull it out of ass to appeal to "diversity nuts," whatever those are. :rolleyes: From post 1:
"Vero Possumus," which translates to "Truly, we are able" — a rough translation of the Obama campaign slogan "Yes we can."

As Newsmax reported, the deletion of "E Pluribus Unum," long considered the de-facto motto of the United States, is not accidental for multiculturalists, who have long denigrated the concept that immigrants must strip away their old culture in favor of the "oneness" of American civilization.

In the 1990s, such activists promoted the alternative concept of the nation's ethnic "mosaic," rather than a single, overarching metaphor to describe American society. For example, Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan has pointedly criticized the "E Pluribus Unum" motto as not reflecting the nation's diversity. Again, he's trying to appeal to his radical base which wants "change".

Yurt
06-24-2008, 02:56 PM

are you saying that he had no intention of implying presidential status with that seal? thats a joke and even your liberal media disagrees with you, how about them apples hag...

retiredman
06-24-2008, 03:29 PM
are you saying that he had no intention of implying presidential status with that seal? thats a joke and even your liberal media disagrees with you, how about them apples hag...

of COURSE he meant to imply presidential status. what is wrong with that? He IS, after all, a candidate for that office.

Hag did say:

Of course the logo is supposed to look presidential, HE'S RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT mo-mo!

did you MISS that?

Yurt
06-24-2008, 03:55 PM
of COURSE he meant to imply presidential status. what is wrong with that? He IS, after all, a candidate for that office.

Hag did say:

Of course the logo is supposed to look presidential, HE'S RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT mo-mo!

did you MISS that?

i missed nothing, apparently you did:

If he'd wanted to "insinuate" that he's the president, he would've just used the presidential seal instead of a logo that is comprised of his campaign logo and motto

as you are not hag and i don't believe you speak for him, your further commentary is not necessary, what hag personally meant by this is necessary, because the two statements conflict, hence my question mark, another thing you missed.

Hagbard Celine
06-24-2008, 04:01 PM
well, his PR staff must be a bunch of high school kids, for them to pull that joke out of their ass..

and the only ones I see frothing at the mouth is you and your buddy MFM, because people are criticizing your boy wonder.:laugh2:

I like the logo and see no problem with it. It's refreshing to see something other than the candidate's name and then '08 in front of the flag--like everybody else's campaign logo in every election ever. To me, it's fresh thinking. And you're kidding yourself if you think it's "disrespectful," especially when you have the real presidential seal defaced with the image of Alfred E. Newman as your avatar. What a sad joke.
Also, you must be the first person ever to mistake what I'm doing as "frothing at the mouth." I was under the impression that the definition of "frothing at the mouth" is when someone barks viciously without reason at any and all passersby--the way you bark viciously and without reason at any and all actions made by the Democrat candidate. Seems in your world, "frothing..." is defined as honest, insightful debate. (shrug) Who knew

Abbey Marie
06-24-2008, 04:08 PM

Apparently, hijacking the Presidential seal to give oneself a faux Presidential image is ok, but President Bush donning a flight jacket on board a carrier was oh so wrong of him. Uh, yeah. :rolleyes:

theHawk
06-24-2008, 04:27 PM
You libs crack me up defending this stupid blunder by Obama. As if you all wouldn't be going ape shit if Bush had made one with his name on it.

retiredman
06-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Apparently, hijacking the Presidential seal to give oneself a faux Presidential image is ok, but President Bush donning a flight jacket on board a carrier was oh so wrong of him. Uh, yeah. :rolleyes:

donning a flight suit to sit in an S-3 for a three mile trip is just silly. I have trapped aboard carriers in the US-3A variant wearing nothing but working khakis on numerous occasions.

He didn't "hijack" anything. He designed a campaign logo that incorporated the eagle from the seal. period.

the fact that you all are making such a big fucking deal about this is clear evidence of your flop sweat lubricated desperation.:lol:

Yurt
06-24-2008, 04:47 PM

in a political meeting no less, he knew exactly what he was doing, insinuating he is the president, too bad for him that people will now remember him as a wanna be

Abbey Marie
06-24-2008, 04:52 PM
donning a flight suit to sit in an S-3 for a three mile trip is just silly. I have trapped aboard carriers in the US-3A variant wearing nothing but working khakis on numerous occasions.

He didn't "hijack" anything. He designed a campaign logo that incorporated the eagle from the seal. period.

the fact that you all are making such a big fucking deal about this is clear evidence of your flop sweat lubricated desperation.:lol:

Silly for the CIC to show respect for and solidarity with his forces?
I think not.

Silly is sporting a faux Presidential seal, because you think you need it to get people to vote for you. Even funnier is when the media calls you on it, and you have to ditch it. Like you ditched your church, your granny, your pastor, your slimy business partner, and your Muslim fans who were "incoveniently" in the camera shot.

Yurt
06-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Silly for the CIC to show respect for and solidarity with his forces?
I think not.

Silly is sporting a faux Presidential seal, because you think you need it to get people to vote for you. Even funnier is when the media calls you on it, and you have to ditch it. Like you ditched your church, your granny, your pastor, your slimy business partner, and your Muslim fans who were "incoveniently" in the camera shot.

but obama is savvy :laugh2:

red states rule
06-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Did Obama's seal violate Federal law?

18 USC Sec. 713 ...
(a) Whoever knowingly displays any printed or other likeness of the great seal of the United States, or of the seals of the President or the Vice President of the United States, or the seal of the United States Senate, or the seal of the United States House of Representatives, or the seal of the United States Congress, or any facsimile thereof, in, or in connection with, any advertisement, poster, circular, book, pamphlet, or other publication, public meeting, play, motion picture, telecast, or other production, or on any building, monument, or stationery, for the purpose of conveying, or in a manner reasonably calculated to convey, a false impression of sponsorship or approval by the Government of the United States or by any department, agency, or instrumentality thereof, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

(b) Whoever, except as authorized under regulations promulgated by the President and published in the Federal Register, knowingly manufactures, reproduces, sells, or purchases for resale, either separately or appended to any article manufactured or sold, any likeness of the seals of the President or Vice President, or any substantial part thereof, except for manufacture or sale of the article for the official use of the Government of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

http://neoconexpress.blogspot.com/2008/06/obama-seal-violates-us-law.html

Yurt
06-24-2008, 04:58 PM

18 USC Sec. 713 ...
(a) Whoever knowingly displays any printed or other likeness of the great seal of the United States, or of the seals of the President or the Vice President of the United States, or the seal of the United States Senate, or the seal of the United States House of Representatives, or the seal of the United States Congress, or any facsimile thereof, in, or in connection with, any advertisement, poster, circular, book, pamphlet, or other publication, public meeting, play, motion picture, telecast, or other production, or on any building, monument, or stationery, for the purpose of conveying, or in a manner reasonably calculated to convey, a false impression of sponsorship or approval by the Government of the United States or by any department, agency, or instrumentality thereof, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

(b) Whoever, except as authorized under regulations promulgated by the President and published in the Federal Register, knowingly manufactures, reproduces, sells, or purchases for resale, either separately or appended to any article manufactured or sold, any likeness of the seals of the President or Vice President, or any substantial part thereof, except for manufacture or sale of the article for the official use of the Government of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

yep, the savvy wanna be is guilty

red states rule
06-24-2008, 04:59 PM
yep, the savvy wanna be is guilty

Maybe that is why he got rid of the seal

Yurt
06-24-2008, 05:01 PM

don't know, he is afterall a harvard law grad and former editor of the law review :laugh2:, he must know the law...right

red states rule
06-24-2008, 05:03 PM
don't know, he is afterall a harvard law grad and former editor of the law review :laugh2:, he must know the law...right

Are we now racists for pointing out these facts? Are we now part of the "right wing smear machine"? :laugh2:

Remember this harvard law grad and former editor of the law review also got mixed up with the now convicted Rezko and a shady land deal

hjmick
06-24-2008, 05:05 PM

According to an Obama spokesperson, “It was a one-time seal for a one-time use” specifically for his meeting with Democratic governors.

stephanie
06-24-2008, 05:05 PM
I like the logo and see no problem with it. It's refreshing to see something other than the candidate's name and then '08 in front of the flag--like everybody else's campaign logo in every election ever. To me, it's fresh thinking. And you're kidding yourself if you think it's "disrespectful," especially when you have the real presidential seal defaced with the image of Alfred E. Newman as your avatar. What a sad joke.
Also, you must be the first person ever to mistake what I'm doing as "frothing at the mouth." I was under the impression that the definition of "frothing at the mouth" is when someone barks viciously without reason at any and all passersby--the way you bark viciously and without reason at any and all actions made by the Democrat candidate. Seems in your world, "frothing..." is defined as honest, insightful debate. (shrug) Who knew

I don't bark vicisiously..I just mostly laugh my ass off at the Democrats and the stupidness they can seem to come up with. Like making the boy wonder his own Presidential seal..:laugh2:

the vicious barker would be you it seems anytime someone criticizes the Obambam.

red states rule
06-24-2008, 05:07 PM
According to an Obama spokesperson, “It was a one-time seal for a one-time use” specifically for his meeting with Democratic governors.

Translation - We got busted and we are now covering our ass

Abbey Marie
06-24-2008, 05:07 PM
I don't bark vicisiously..I just mostly laugh my ass off at the Democrats and the stupidness they can seem to come up with. Like making the boy wonder his own Presidential seal..:laugh2:

Do you think he and Michelle already have a mock up of the Oval Office at home, so they can role play "The Intern and the Prez" in it?

red states rule
06-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Do you think he and Michelle already have a mock up of the Oval Office at home, so they can role play "The Intern and the Prez" in it?

Which one is the intern and which one is the President?

stephanie
06-24-2008, 05:11 PM

I'm sure they do.:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
06-24-2008, 05:11 PM

Ooh, good point!

stephanie
06-24-2008, 05:16 PM

From what I've seen, she definitely wears the pants in their house.
we've already seen the Obambam in a dress.:eek:

red states rule
06-24-2008, 05:18 PM
From what I've seen, she definitely wears the pants in their house.
we've already seen the Obambam in a dress.:eek:

Barry wears the pants Stephanie. As soon as Michelle tells him what pair to put on

glockmail
06-24-2008, 05:57 PM

18 USC Sec. 713 ...
Toss his skinny ass in jail! :laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
06-24-2008, 06:07 PM

the vicious barker would be you it seems anytime someone criticizes the Obambam.

Said the woman who jumps on board every time some new lame accusation gets hurled at Obama (which seems like every day since nothing ever sticks). You're not fooling anyone with this circus. :rolleyes:

red states rule
06-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Said the woman who jumps on board every time some new lame accusation gets hurled at Obama (which seems like every day since nothing ever sticks). You're not fooling anyone with this circus. :rolleyes:

If Steph is a circus, Obama is the clown. He keeps providing the material

glockmail
06-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Said the woman who jumps on board every time some new lame accusation gets hurled at Obama (which seems like every day since nothing ever sticks). You're not fooling anyone with this circus. :rolleyes: Oh it sticks Hag. Its just that there is so much of it. Nearly every day there is another gaffe or flop or act of hypocrisy. It's damn dizzying!

red states rule
06-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Oh it sticks Hag. Its just that there is so much of it. Nearly every day there is another gaffe or flop or act of hypocrisy. It's damn dizzying!

Remember when everyone was concerned where all of the candidates are born. Turns out McCain was born on a military base in Panama. Hillary was born outside Chicago, and to libs like Hag and MFM,, Barack Obama was born in a manger

Yurt
06-24-2008, 06:28 PM
If he'd wanted to "insinuate" that he's the president, he would've just used the presidential seal instead of a logo that is comprised of his campaign logo and motto. Of course the logo is supposed to look presidential, HE'S RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT mo-mo!And do you really think he's sitting alone with construction paper and paste drawing these things up? NO! He's got a PR team that does that stuff for him, just like McCain and every other candidate did/does. Your need to attack has you frothing at the mouth. Think before you speak! Jeebus!

hag, how do you reconcile those two statements? it is supposed to look presidential, but he is not insinuating he is the president...

how do you figure when he purposefully used something very close to, in fact so close that even the liberal media pounced on him for it, the presidential seal....do you think he broke the law? i do.

retiredman
06-24-2008, 08:06 PM
hag, how do you reconcile those two statements? it is supposed to look presidential, but he is not insinuating he is the president...

how do you figure when he purposefully used something very close to, in fact so close that even the liberal media pounced on him for it, the presidential seal....do you think he broke the law? i do.

you think he "broke the law"???? Please tell me what federal statute you think he broke by only taking the eagle from the presidential seal and nothing else.

You are a LAWYER, supposedly. Please explain how you could say that such a thing is breaking the law..and tell me why stephanie's avatar is not also a violation of that same law.

I, quite frankly, cannot imagine a real lawyer making such a specious claim. Your hatred for Obama has obscured what little sense of reality and propriety you may have previously had.

retiredman
06-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Remember when everyone was concerned where all of the candidates are born. Turns out McCain was born on a military base in Panama. Hillary was born outside Chicago, and to libs like Hag and MFM,, Barack Obama was born in a manger

you used the same tired old Rush quote last week. get some new material. In fact, get some original material and quit plagiarizing.

red states rule
06-24-2008, 08:08 PM
you used the same tired old Rush quote last week. get some new material. In fact, get some original material and quit plagiarizing.

The "material" nails you

Sorry if the truth gets under your thin skin

retiredman
06-24-2008, 08:31 PM
The "material" nails you

Sorry if the truth gets under your thin skin

are you suggesting that it is somehow the "truth" that I think that Obama was born in a manger? Can you cite one post from me where I have ever suggested such a thing?

Truth? you wouldn't know the truth if it jumped up and rubbed your cute little bald head.

red states rule
06-24-2008, 08:33 PM
are you suggesting that it is somehow the "truth" that I think that Obama was born in a manger? Can you cite one post from me where I have ever suggested such a thing?

Truth? you wouldn't know the truth if it jumped up and rubbed your cute little bald head.

You bow at his feet, and never say anything against him. You defend his racist remarks, his terrorist friends, and when all else fails, yopu lie to cover for him

retiredman
06-24-2008, 08:37 PM
you just got done claiming in post #83 that it was the "truth" that I thought Obama was born in a manger.

I dispute that and ask you to either prove it or retract it.

red states rule
06-24-2008, 08:38 PM
you just got done claiming in post #83 that it was the "truth" that I thought Obama was born in a manger.

I dispute that and ask you to either prove it or retract it.

He is your mesiah. He is your savor. He is the second coming

At least that is what the liberal media has told us

Get a life old man.

retiredman
06-24-2008, 08:42 PM
He is your mesiah. He is your savor. He is the second coming

At least that is what the liberal media has told us

Get a life old man.

you claimed that I believed it. you cannot back up that claim.

Don't you wish you'd get as old as me?

actsnoblemartin
06-24-2008, 08:43 PM
alright, if you say that was not your intent, i will give you the benefit of the doubt.

retiredman
06-24-2008, 08:44 PM
you fucking prick, taking a cheap shot at his cancer

fuck you

:fu:

no cheap shots at all ANM....I am just a really old guy.

red states rule
06-24-2008, 08:45 PM
no cheap shots at all ANM....I am just a really old guy.

Like Peanut Carter, he is a bitter old man who has been a failure in life

retiredman
06-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Like Peanut Carter, he is a bitter old man who has been a failure in life

failure? LOL

I have retired from two careers and am working on a third. I'm doin' just fine. wanna compare futures?

red states rule
06-24-2008, 08:59 PM
failure? LOL

I have retired from two careers and am working on a third. I'm doin' just fine. wanna compare futures?

So yiou retired as Captain of the Tunnel of Love boat. and the french fry station at McDonalds

Now you are following Obama around tossing flowers as he walks behind you

:gives:

retiredman
06-24-2008, 09:15 PM
So yiou retired as Captain of the Tunnel of Love boat. and the french fry station at McDonalds

Now you are following Obama around tossing flowers as he walks behind you

wanna compare futures?

Yurt
06-24-2008, 09:24 PM
you claimed that I believed it. you cannot back up that claim.

Don't you wish you'd get as old as me?

really folks, is there any reason to pay him any attention...he knows full well RSR has cancer and has made numerous veiled comments about RSR not living a long and normal life. this guy is no preacher, he is a fraud, not worth it

retiredman
06-24-2008, 09:58 PM
really folks, is there any reason to pay him any attention...he knows full well RSR has cancer and has made numerous veiled comments about RSR not living a long and normal life. this guy is no preacher, he is a fraud, not worth it

you can read anything you like into my words. I am not responsible for your interpretations of them.

and I am quite certain that your incestuous little circle jerk of conservative Obama haters would LOVE it if there were no dissenting voices whatsoever on here and you could just regale each other with hate speech 24/7.

I will remain to be a thorn in your side if for no other reason.:laugh2:

MtnBiker
06-24-2008, 10:11 PM
He pulled it because people like you threw such a hissy fit about it.

There you go, a foreshadowing of how he will deal with foreign leaders who challenge him. Yeah for the strength of Obama.

retiredman
06-24-2008, 10:12 PM
There you go, a foreshadowing of how he will deal with foreign leaders who challenge him. Yeah for the strength of Obama.

oh come on....it's marketing. both sides have been doing it for decades.

Gore1FL
06-24-2008, 10:14 PM
I understand George W. Bush went to the Washington DC zoo and asked to see the presidential seal.

hjmick
06-24-2008, 10:18 PM
I understand George W. Bush went to the Washington DC zoo and asked to see the presidential seal.

Seriously? You want this to be your first post? Really? You could probably request a moderator remove it and start over.

Welcome to the board Gore. Enjoy.

MtnBiker
06-24-2008, 10:19 PM
This just in;

Capitulating under pressure and pulling an image is "Marketing".

This service announcement brought to you by the Obama Spin Machine.

stephanie
06-24-2008, 10:26 PM
I think if the Obambam pulled an Elliot Spritzer with a bunch of underage hookers, his followers would still vote for him..

I wouldn't be drinking any of the kool-aid if they offered you some at one of his cult meetings..........I mean rallies.:poke:

Abbey Marie
06-24-2008, 10:28 PM
I think if the Obambam pulled an Elliot Spritzer with a bunch of underage hookers, his followers would still vote for him..

I wouldn't be drinking any of the kool-aid if they offered you some at one of his cult meetings..........I mean rallies.:poke:

Hey Steph, (sadly) you need to change your "location" in your profile. :salute:

stephanie
06-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Hey Steph, (sadly) you need to change your "location" in your profile. :salute:

I noticed that earlier..:cheers2:

hjmick
06-24-2008, 10:33 PM

Damn it people! Quit giving Kool Aida bad name! It was Flavor Aid! FLAVOR AID!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/hjmc3rd/flavoraid2.jpg

Yurt
06-24-2008, 10:41 PM

look ma, i made a funny

Yurt
06-24-2008, 10:48 PM

18 USC Sec. 713 ...

i doubt anyone has the nerve to go after obama, but he clearly broke the law in my opinion. the likeness is clearly there by more than a preponderance of the evidence. likeness is normally given a reasonable person standard, ie, would a reasonable person (as is explained somewhat in the code above) believe that the seal conveys approval by the government...in this case, the overwhelming majority of people believed he purposefully intended to create a "likeness" of the seal to convey that he will be the president of the united states of america, thus it is reasonably calculated to convey a false impression of government approval.

red states rule
06-25-2008, 05:47 AM

MFM is showing his true colors, and you are right - he is a fraud. His insults mean nothing to me. If he has to fall back on comments about the cancer, it proves he is losing the debate and is desperate

retiredman
06-25-2008, 05:57 AM
i doubt anyone has the nerve to go after obama, but he clearly broke the law in my opinion. the likeness is clearly there by more than a preponderance of the evidence. likeness is normally given a reasonable person standard, ie, would a reasonable person (as is explained somewhat in the code above) believe that the seal conveys approval by the government...in this case, the overwhelming majority of people believed he purposefully intended to create a "likeness" of the seal to convey that he will be the president of the united states of america, thus it is reasonably calculated to convey a false impression of government approval.

the "likeness" is not clearly there. no "reasonable" person would think that a light blue seal with the words WWW.BARACKOBAMA.COM was in any way approved by the government. The ONLY things that are even remotely similar are the eagle and the circular shape.

Stephanie HAS broken the law if anyone has.:laugh2:

glockmail
06-25-2008, 07:28 AM
MFM is showing his true colors, and you are right - he is a fraud. His insults mean nothing to me. If he has to fall back on comments about the cancer, it proves he is losing the debate and is desperate
Looks like yet another thread hijacked by MFM with personal insults.

red states rule
06-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Looks like yet another thread hijacked by MFM with personal insults.

Situation normal.

In a way I almost feel sorry for him. To be so full of hate, and to openly wish someoned dies only because of a different POV is sad

And this comes for a self described "preacher"

glockmail
06-25-2008, 07:37 AM
Situation normal.

In a way I almost feel sorry for him. To be so full of hate, and to openly wish someoned dies only because of a different POV is sad

And this comes for a self described "preacher" He has stated many times that the only reason that he is here is to make trouble and be "a thorn in our sides". That is the definition of a board troll plain and simple. If everyone would put him on ignore like I do he will go away. Even if he doesn't go away. this acts a a nice filter, since you'll only see his comments when someone else quotes him, so you don't have to read through tons of bullshit.

red states rule
06-25-2008, 07:39 AM
He has stated many times that the only reason that he is here is to make trouble and be "a thorn in our sides". That is the definition of a board troll plain and simple. If everyone would put him on ignore like I do he will go away. Even if he doesn't go away. this acts a a nice filter, since you'll only see his comments when someone else quotes him, so you don't have to read through tons of bullshit.

I am guilty of egging him on

Knowing he goes over the top because of me is great therapy :laugh2:

But he is one sorry case

retiredman
06-25-2008, 07:48 AM
Situation normal.

And this comes for a self described "preacher"

I don't wish for your death, RSR.... I sincerely hope you have a long and happy life, even though the odds are not in your favor.

glockmail
06-25-2008, 08:05 AM
I am guilty of egging him on

Knowing he goes over the top because of me is great therapy :laugh2:

But he is one sorry case
With his high blood pressure you could cause him to have a stroke. Then we'd all have to pay for someone to wipe droll off his face and change his diapers at the VA.

red states rule
06-25-2008, 08:18 AM
With his high blood pressure you could cause him to have a stroke. Then we'd all have to pay for someone to wipe droll off his face and change his diapers at the VA.

MFM does have a drolling issue

glockmail
06-25-2008, 08:23 AM
MFM does have a drolling issue Nice pun.

red states rule
06-25-2008, 08:23 AM
Nice pun.

I try

glockmail
06-25-2008, 08:41 AM
I try
Unwittingly, so do I.:laugh2:

Yurt
06-25-2008, 08:55 AM

the majority of people, including the liberal press agree that he intended to create a likeness, to suggest otherwise is folly and pure partisan rhetoric...like is said, i doubt he will be prosecuted, nor do i think it necessary, it would be a waste of money and simply make him a martyr.

even obama's news site, the far left leaning daily kos agrees, while of course brushing it off as nothing, they still agree with the likeness and his intent:

Pictured above on the left, it does bear a resemblance to the official Seal of the President of the United States and one can see some obvious similarities.
While I felt that it was a witty attempt at 'packaging' the candidate as being presidential

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/6/25/03517/0249/500/541563

red states rule
06-25-2008, 09:03 AM
the majority of people, including the liberal press agree that he intended to create a likeness, to suggest otherwise is folly and pure partisan rhetoric...like is said, i doubt he will be prosecuted, nor do i think it necessary, it would be a waste of money and simply make him a martyr.

even obama's news site, the far left leaning daily kos agrees, while of course brushing it off as nothing, they still agree with the likeness and his intent:

Pictured above on the left, it does bear a resemblance to the official Seal of the President of the United States and one can see some obvious similarities.
While I felt that it was a witty attempt at 'packaging' the candidate as being presidential

Will Dems want to put the Great Seal of Obama on their license plates?

retiredman
06-25-2008, 09:12 AM

"bearing a resemblance" is not a crime... but it is funny how the Obama haters will grasp at anything and make a big deal out of it.

red states rule
06-25-2008, 09:16 AM
"bearing a resemblance" is not a crime... but it is funny how the Obama haters will grasp at anything and make a big deal out of it.

You must have ignored this when it was first posted

18 USC Sec. 713 ...

http://neoconexpress.blogspot.com/20...es-us-law.html

retiredman
06-25-2008, 09:18 AM
You must have ignored this when it was first posted

18 USC Sec. 713 ...

http://neoconexpress.blogspot.com/20...es-us-law.html

his logo is not a "likeness". It merely bears a resemblance. that is not a crime.

Hagbard Celine
06-25-2008, 09:21 AM
his logo is not a "likeness". It merely bears a resemblance. that is not a crime.

Save your breath. These philistines have already made-up their minds. All we can do is wear big boots and wade through their bullsh*t until election day.

red states rule
06-25-2008, 09:21 AM

You are a real moron. You will never stop lying and slinging the BS to protect your boy

likeness is now not a resemblance?

retiredman
06-25-2008, 09:25 AM
You are a real moron. You will never stop lying and slinging the BS to protect your boy

using the eagle and a circular shape does not make Obama's seal a LIKENESS of the Presidential seal. Different colors. Different words. Even the eagle itself is altered. resemblance only. not an illegal likeness.

and don't call me a liar.

red states rule
06-25-2008, 09:27 AM
using the eagle and a circular shape does not make Obama's seal a LIKENESS of the Presidential seal. Different colors. Different words. Even the eagle itself is altered. resemblance only. not an illegal likeness.

and don't call me a liar.

More BS spin. BArry got caught and he stopped using the seal

I will stop calling you a liar when you stop lying

It is that easy

retiredman
06-25-2008, 09:29 AM
More BS spin. BArry got caught and he stopped using the seal

I will stop calling you a liar when you stop lying

It is that easy

he didn't break the law. it is THAT simple.

and I have never started lying... you just don't like the truth.

Yurt
06-25-2008, 09:36 AM

he is really grasping at straws and obviously does not have a great understanding of the english language, watch him try to spin the truth now:

Main Entry: re·sem·blance
Pronunciation: \ri-ˈzem-blən(t)s\
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 a: the quality or state of resembling; especially : correspondence in appearance or superficial qualities b: a point of likeness : similarity
2: representation, image
3archaic : characteristic appearance
4obsolete : probability
synonyms see likeness
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/resemblance

Main Entry: like·ness
Pronunciation: \ˈlīk-nəs\
Date: before 12th century
1 : copy, portrait
2 : appearance, semblance
3 : the quality or state of being like : resemblance

:lol: resemblance is not likeness, LOL, i've heard some BS in my life, but that tops it

red states rule
06-25-2008, 09:38 AM
he is really grasping at straws and obviously does not have a great understanding of the english language, watch him try to spin the truth now:

1 a: the quality or state of resembling; especially : correspondence in appearance or superficial qualities b: a point of likeness : similarity
synonyms see likeness

:lol: resemblance is not likeness, LOL, i've heard some BS in my life, but that tops it

The "preacher" breaks a few of the Commandments with his lame defenses of his golden boy

glockmail
06-25-2008, 09:45 AM
he is really grasping at straws and obviously does not have a great understanding of the english language, watch him try to spin the truth now:.....
:popcorn:

Yurt
06-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Save your breath. These philistines have already made-up their minds. All we can do is wear big boots and wade through their bullsh*t until election day.

http://www.davidorme.demon.co.uk/D-Goliath.jpg

retiredman
06-25-2008, 12:27 PM

synonyms see likeness

that cloud resembles a bunny rabbit.

Obama's seal has an eagle which is similar to the presidential seal's eagle...and it is round. that is where the similarity ends. It is not a "likeness". period. But DO continue to make a big deal out of it.... you desperate souls on thge right keep squawking about drivel such as this, and Obam's poll numbers just keep on rising.

Abbey Marie
06-25-2008, 12:39 PM

Obama's seal has an eagle which is similar to the presidential seal's eagle...and it is round. that is where the similarity ends. It is not a "likeness". period. But DO continue to make a big deal out of it.... you desperate souls on thge right keep squawking about drivel such as this, and Obam's poll numbers just keep on rising.

You left out his hanging it on the front of his podium, exactly like the seal. That adds greatly to its "resemblance". If this were a trademark violation case, I think he'd be screwed.

red states rule
06-25-2008, 12:41 PM
You left out his hanging it on the front of his podium, exactly like the seal. That adds greatly to its "resemblance". If this were a trademark violation case, I think he'd be screwed.

If he gets into the Oval Office, we will be the ones who are screwed. The half white clone of Peanut Carter will see to it personally

His policies will destroy the economy, and embolden the terrorists

retiredman
06-25-2008, 12:44 PM
If he hung any round sign on the podiuim you'd say the same thing, or just round signs with eagles on them?

and it would seem to me that if he indeed did break the law, that you republicans could get your republican department of justice to prosecute him for that crime.

I say: put up or shut up. either charge him with a crime and try to make it stick, or shut your collective pieholes.:laugh2:

red states rule
06-25-2008, 12:49 PM
If he hung any round sign on the podiuim you'd say the same thing, or just round signs with eagles on them?

and it would seem to me that if he indeed did break the law, that you republicans could get your republican department of justice to prosecute him for that crime.

I say: put up or shut up. either charge him with a crime and try to make it stick, or shut your collective pieholes.:laugh2:

MFM's way of showing his "respect" to Abbey :rolleyes:

retiredman
06-25-2008, 12:53 PM
MFM's way of showing his "respect" to Abbey :rolleyes:

why do you follow me around commenting on my every post? are you gay?

red states rule
06-25-2008, 01:00 PM
why do you follow me around commenting on my every post? are you gay?

Pointing out how you show your "respect" toward those who disagree with you

You are in total meltdown mode now. Now insulting Abbey, one of the fairest mods on the board

Yurt
06-25-2008, 01:09 PM

so you are saying that webster, a renowned dictionary, is wrong, in that likeness and resemble mean the same thing? i gave you clear proof that the words are the same and you are in denial, LOL. i guess you are smarter than the dictionary, huh

Yurt
06-25-2008, 02:30 PM
you think he "broke the law"???? Please tell me what federal statute you think he broke by only taking the eagle from the presidential seal and nothing else.

You are a LAWYER, supposedly. Please explain how you could say that such a thing is breaking the law..and tell me why stephanie's avatar is not also a violation of that same law.

I, quite frankly, cannot imagine a real lawyer making such a specious claim. Your hatred for Obama has obscured what little sense of reality and propriety you may have previously had.

lol, you just got caught in another lie, your own admission:

I have no reason to doubt that Yurt is a competent attorney in his own right.

were you lying then, or are you lying now :laugh2:

retiredman
06-25-2008, 03:50 PM
lol, you just got caught in another lie, your own admission:

were you lying then, or are you lying now :laugh2:

neither time. I was, quite clearly flabberghasted by your most recent idiotic statement. It caused me to question my previously stated belief. Kind of like how you have previously complimented me on my sermons and then called me a fraud who could not possibly be a preacher. You changed your mind, I assume, or maybe it is YOU who were lying. I certainly have changed mine. Your hatred for Obama is so intense that it blinds any legal judgment you might otherwise have had. I guess, when I think about it, that apparent lack of any real lawyerly maturity and gravitas would explain your current difficulties in finding steady work in your profession.

red states rule
06-25-2008, 03:52 PM
neither time. I was, quite clearly flabberghasted by your most recent idiotic statement. It caused me to question my previously stated belief. Kind of like how you have previously complimented me on my sermons and then called me a fraud who could not possibly be a preacher. You changed your mind, I assume, or maybe it is YOU who were lying. I certainly have changed mine. Your hatred for Obama is so intense that it blinds any legal judgment you might otherwise have had. I guess, when I think about it, that apparent lack of any real lawyerly maturity and gravitas would explain your current difficulties in finding steady work in your profession.

You are a fraud because what you preach to the flock on how they should live their lives - you ignore while you are here

INW you are a typical liberal who says one thing and turns around and does another

Clear enough for you?

Yurt
06-25-2008, 03:54 PM
so you saying webster is wrong...or are you afraid to discuss the real issues because insulting is your favorite tactic

my work is just fine btw, but i don't need to tell you about the great case i just settled, because i don't want you to get jealous and besides, why ruin your favorite flame....my skill as an attorney :laugh2: flame on man of god

retiredman
06-25-2008, 03:57 PM
so you saying webster is wrong...or are you afraid to discuss the real issues because insulting is your favorite tactic

my work is just fine btw, but i don't need to tell you about the great case i just settled, because i don't want you to get jealous and besides, why ruin your favorite flame....my skill as an attorney :laugh2: flame on man of god

I am saying that a circular seal with an eagle in it is not the "likeness" of the presidential seal. It may have some vague resemblance (that cloud resembles a bunny), but it is not the likeness and is not illegal.

Stephanie's avatar, however, does seem to break the law as you posted it. I wonder why you don't go after her, counselor.

And you know as well as I do, that had you not attacked my integrity after saying you wouldn't, that we would be conversing cordially. You pissed in your whisky, not me.

Yurt
06-25-2008, 04:14 PM
I am saying that a circular seal with an eagle in it is not the "likeness" of the presidential seal. It may have some vague resemblance (that cloud resembles a bunny), but it is not the likeness and is not illegal.

Stephanie's avatar, however, does seem to break the law as you posted it. I wonder why you don't go after her, counselor.

And you know as well as I do, that had you not attacked my integrity after saying you wouldn't, that we would be conversing cordially. You pissed in your whisky, not me.

webster says likeness and resemblence are the same :poke: for the 4th time, are you saying webster is wrong or are you going to continue to run from my post where i posted both definitions and both definitions pointed to each other....you whine when others don't answer your questions, appears you are a hypocrite

and keep booze stuff to yourself drunken sailor

synonyms see likeness

:lol:

red states rule
06-25-2008, 04:16 PM
You mean watch him lie and toss out the insults in a lame attempt to deflect from the issue at hand

retiredman
06-25-2008, 04:25 PM
webster says likeness and resemblence are the same :poke: for the 4th time, are you saying webster is wrong or are you going to continue to run from my post where i posted both definitions and both definitions pointed to each other....you whine when others don't answer your questions, appears you are a hypocrite

and keep booze stuff to yourself drunken sailor

synonyms see likeness

:lol:

I stand by my statement that a circular sign with an eagle in the middle of it is not the LIKENESS of the Presidential seal and the Obama campaign did not break the law. As an attorney, you should know that webster is not the definitive source for legal definitions. Now...do you want to play word games, or do you want to explain how Obama's campaign logo has anything, other than the eagle in the middle - and even that has been significantly modified - that is the same as the official seal in question?

Yurt
06-25-2008, 04:55 PM
I stand by my statement that a circular sign with an eagle in the middle of it is not the LIKENESS of the Presidential seal and the Obama campaign did not break the law. As an attorney, you should know that webster is not the definitive source for legal definitions. Now...do you want to play word games, or do you want to explain how Obama's campaign logo has anything, other than the eagle in the middle - and even that has been significantly modified - that is the same as the official seal in question?

actually, you are flat out wrong. a court most often looks to the plain meaning of the term (unless there is such ambiguity that the court must first look to legislative intent, however, that is rare and only if there is no common reputable source for that word like there is here), then to a reputable non legal dictionary and guess what, likeness and resemblence are words found in a a non-legal dictionary and there is no ambiguity as to what those words mean. in fact, if you bothered to read the statute, it even talked about the reasonable person standard. but you only see what your blind hatred allows. pity.

OTOH, you were not arguing legally, you claimed of your OWN accord that likeness and resemblence are not the same. you claimed it only resemebled it did not have likeness. i showed you that to resemble is to have likeness.

now admit that webster is correct and you are wrong. :)

Yurt
06-25-2008, 04:56 PM
You mean watch him lie and toss out the insults in a lame attempt to deflect from the issue at hand

i gave him one more chance to be honest, if he still won't admit he is wrong about resemble and likeness, then his dishonesty is cemented and no further discussion is necessary. pity.

red states rule
06-25-2008, 04:59 PM
i gave him one more chance to be honest, if he still won't admit he is wrong about resemble and likeness, then his dishonesty is cemented and no further discussion is necessary. pity.

That is like giving the inmates the key to front door and thinking they will not escape :laugh2:

Yurt
06-25-2008, 05:02 PM
That is like giving the inmates the key to front door and thinking they will not escape :laugh2:

LOL, true, but i tend to give people more chances than most, maybe to my detriment... but seriously, how can anyone in their right mind argue that likeness and resemble mean different things when they are synonyms and are cross referenced in dictionaries....

red states rule
06-25-2008, 05:03 PM
LOL, true, but i tend to give people more chances than most, maybe to my detriment... but seriously, how can anyone in their right mind argue that likeness and resemble mean different things when they are synonyms and are cross referenced in dictionaries....

are you sure you are not a social worker instead of a lawyer? :laugh2:

Who the hell said MFM was in his right mind?

Yurt
06-25-2008, 05:06 PM
are you sure you are not a social worker instead of a lawyer? :laugh2:

Who the hell said MFM was in his right mind?

ha, but i know two social workers, we agree on almost nothing :laugh2: but they are old friends

retiredman
06-25-2008, 05:16 PM
actually, you are flat out wrong. a court most often looks to the plain meaning of the term (unless there is such ambiguity that the court must first look to legislative intent, however, that is rare and only if there is no common reputable source for that word like there is here), then to a reputable non legal dictionary and guess what, likeness and resemblence are words found in a a non-legal dictionary and there is no ambiguity as to what those words mean. in fact, if you bothered to read the statute, it even talked about the reasonable person standard. but you only see what your blind hatred allows. pity.

OTOH, you were not arguing legally, you claimed of your OWN accord that likeness and resemblence are not the same. you claimed it only resemebled it did not have likeness. i showed you that to resemble is to have likeness.

now admit that webster is correct and you are wrong. :)

webster indicates that resemblance and likeness are synonyms. I certainly misused the word resemble if that is the case. I can see a slight resemblance, but do not think that it is a likeness as per the law. It is round. It has an eagle in the middle. that's it. they are not "alike". Strephanie's is.... why are you not all over her for it, I wonder? could it be because you do not irrationally hate her like you do Obama?

Yurt
06-25-2008, 05:51 PM
webster indicates that resemblance and likeness are synonyms. I certainly misused the word resemble if that is the case. I can see a slight resemblance, but do not think that it is a likeness as per the law. It is round. It has an eagle in the middle. that's it. they are not "alike". Strephanie's is.... why are you not all over her for it, I wonder? could it be because you do not irrationally hate her like you do Obama?

yes you certainly did misuse the word...i think your argument is that there really is not enough likeness, such that would reasonably lead someone to believe that he intended to convey approval by the US government. is that what you are saying? if so, then that will most likely win the day as most all saw it as a campaign ploy, nonetheless, all that he was depicting the a similar likeness of the great seal, why do you think the news mentioned the great seal???... his intent, probably subjective standard, is what will get him through, i think he skirted the line and he knows it.

stephanies, as i have explained, is a cartoon, not intended to reasonably lead anyone to believe that the cartoon characture depicted has the approval of the US government, whereas, Obama clearly intended to reflect that he "is" presidential material. the displays and their intents are quite different.

retiredman
06-25-2008, 10:07 PM
yes you certainly did misuse the word...i think your argument is that there really is not enough likeness, such that would reasonably lead someone to believe that he intended to convey approval by the US government. is that what you are saying? if so, then that will most likely win the day as most all saw it as a campaign ploy, nonetheless, all that he was depicting the a similar likeness of the great seal, why do you think the news mentioned the great seal???... his intent, probably subjective standard, is what will get him through, i think he skirted the line and he knows it.

stephanies, as i have explained, is a cartoon, not intended to reasonably lead anyone to believe that the cartoon characture depicted has the approval of the US government, whereas, Obama clearly intended to reflect that he "is" presidential material. the displays and their intents are quite different.

bottom line: his has an eagle..and it is circular shaped. Ity is NOT a "likeness". Was it designed as a sharp marketing ploy? of course. did it create the response he desired? mixed. Is it "illegal"? IMHO, no. Does the attention paid to this by the right indicate the level of their desperation when trying to figure out how to stop this Obama-phenomena? certainly.

A piece of advice: going back to Wright and Resko and Ayers and this silly seal issue will not win over any large segment of voters who have not already joined you in your Obama hatred. You need to try to find something that will be more effective than preaching to the choir of haters. You already HAVE their votes. It is the undecided in the middle that you need to convince and shit like this ain't doin' it.

red states rule
06-25-2008, 10:10 PM
bottom line: his has an eagle..and it is circular shaped. Ity is NOT a "likeness". Was it designed as a sharp marketing ploy? of course. did it create the response he desired? mixed. Is it "illegal"? IMHO, no. Does the attention paid to this by the right indicate the level of their desperation when trying to figure out how to stop this Obama-phenomena? certainly.

A piece of advice: going back to Wright and Resko and Ayers and this silly seal issue will not win over any large segment of voters who have not already joined you in your Obama hatred. You need to try to find something that will be more effective than preaching to the choir of haters. You already HAVE their votes. It is the undecided in the middle that you need to convince and shit like this ain't doin' it.

So we can't talk about his judgement now? Asking questions about his judgement is now hate?

Can we talk about his proposals, or is that off limits as well?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=15458

Yurt
06-25-2008, 10:13 PM

then why did the media and the vast majority of people immediately pounce on the resemblence to the seal? why do you think that is? because it did not look anything like the seal? give me a break and show some backbone, admit it was a likeness.

retiredman
06-25-2008, 10:18 PM
then why did the media and the vast majority of people immediately pounce on the resemblence to the seal? why do you think that is? because it did not look anything like the seal? give me a break and show some backbone, admit it was a likeness.

it was a slick marketing move. It was similar, but only in general shape and the presence of the eagle. Of course it was designed to be similar...it was not a likeness and if it were, he would be charged with violating the law.

and for crissakes, quit fucking telling me what I must do. I told you what you must do to create a cordial environment and you pissed on my request. don't even think of trying to tell me what I need to do to show YOU any "backbone". You can kiss my ass, yurt. you fucked this thing up and you are the one who must fix it.

Yurt
06-25-2008, 11:21 PM
it was a slick marketing move. It was similar, but only in general shape and the presence of the eagle. Of course it was designed to be similar...it was not a likeness and if it were, he would be charged with violating the law.

and for crissakes, quit fucking telling me what I must do. I told you what you must do to create a cordial environment and you pissed on my request. don't even think of trying to tell me what I need to do to show YOU any "backbone". You can kiss my ass, yurt. you fucked this thing up and you are the one who must fix it.

i did no such thing, and get over it, you started this, i proved it, end of story. i will not discuss this again, it is as if our conversation that preceded your admission that i did not insult your father, though you vehemently and purposefully egged me on by stating i did, never took place. so move on with your life and stick to debates and not insults.

retiredman
06-25-2008, 11:27 PM
i did no such thing, and get over it, you started this, i proved it, end of story. i will not discuss this again, it is as if our conversation that preceded your admission that i did not insult your father, though you vehemently and purposefully egged me on by stating i did, never took place. so move on with your life and stick to debates and not insults.

after that rapprochment, you called my integrity into question once again, even after saying you wouldn't. that's a fact.

I could give a fuck what you will or will not discuss. I know that if you want to get beyond this animosity, you know what simple thing you need to do, and you need not even do it in public.

Yurt
06-25-2008, 11:43 PM
after that rapprochment, you called my integrity into question once again, even after saying you wouldn't. that's a fact.

I could give a fuck what you will or will not discuss. I know that if you want to get beyond this animosity, you know what simple thing you need to do, and you need not even do it in public.

i hate to continue this after i said i wouldn't, but this post is beyond rational, a lie, and discussing PMs, which i did not give you permission to do. your comment is nonetheless a lie, if you go back and read my pm, you will see that my promise to not do so lasted "unless of course you lie again."

you forced this with a lie about PMs which are not to be made public. nice job honest preacher...

bye bye

retiredman
06-25-2008, 11:50 PM
i hate to continue this after i said i wouldn't, but this post is beyond rational, a lie, and discussing PMs, which i did not give you permission to do. your comment is nonetheless a lie, if you go back and read my pm, you will see that my promise to not do so lasted "unless of course you lie again."

you forced this with a lie about PMs which are not to be made public. nice job honest preacher...

bye bye

you broke your promise before any of that. you just don't have the maturity or the grace to admit it.

Sitarro
06-26-2008, 01:06 AM

The eagle is holding arrows and an olive branch, it has latin inscribed in the seal and lettering circling the seal....... all a lot like a cartoon of the Presidential seal. Let's just face it, Obammy has no taste(look at that awful thing he married) he has no class(displays it daily) and he would no doubt order 23 inch rims put on the Presidential limo along with those stupid fake ports on the side of the hood and purple paint. In other words he will "nigger rig" or "African engineer" the White House and everything in it. I shudder to think what he'll do to Air Force One....... get Snoop Dog as the pilot and call it Soul Plane One?

Sitarro
06-26-2008, 01:16 AM

hypocrite.

Steph isn't running for President and her avatar is at least funny. The huge cartoonish crap in front of the semi black empty suit is pathetic in concept and design......... childish execution on top of it all, the colors are as gay as it gets. Face it, Obammy is a rube, a pawn, a joke that doesn't qualify for head street sweeper....... you twats are backing a clown that makes Ronald McDonald look like a serious contender..:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
06-26-2008, 01:32 AM
Ronald Mcdonald: I'm Offended

Steph isn't running for President and her avatar is at least funny. The huge cartoonish crap in front of the semi black empty suit is pathetic in concept and design......... childish execution on top of it all, the colors are as gay as it gets. Face it, Obammy is a rube, a pawn, a joke that doesn't qualify for head street sweeper....... you twats are backing a clown that makes Ronald McDonald look like a serious contender..:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

retiredman
06-26-2008, 07:39 AM
the desperation and fear in the republican party is palpable. They can see the end in sight... a democrat in the white house, democratic majorities in both houses of congress, and Obama picking two liberal justices for the supremes in his first term which will isolate the Roberts/Thomas/Scalia/Alito gang for decades to come. The Reagan dream is gasping its last breath, the march of progressive liberalism continues. It must be making your guys sick.:lol:

Sitarro
06-26-2008, 09:31 AM
the desperation and fear in the republican party is palpable. They can see the end in sight... a democrat in the white house, democratic majorities in both houses of congress, and Obama picking two liberal justices for the supremes in his first term which will isolate the Roberts/Thomas/Scalia/Alito gang for decades to come. The Reagan dream is gasping its last breath, the march of progressive liberalism continues. It must be making your guys sick.:lol:

And the Democrats, feeling invincible, are showing America their true colors. The "Supreme Court" rulings of the last few days, that imbecile from Massachusetts, Obama on any given day, Pelosi on any given day........ this is something you are proud of? No wonder you think Mexico is a great idea, your selling out your own country by supporting a group that is obviously insane..... don't let anyone call you an asshole or a dick, because your not...... really(dripping with sarcasm).:fu:

By the way........ it aint over till the proverbial fat lady sings, the decisions the "Supreme Court" has made in the last few days will not only energize the Republican base but it just may force the third party supporters to wake up and see what their waste of vote will really mean........ the 2 assholes that Obammy would put in would probably have overturned the second amendment....... how progressive......NOT!