PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong with civil unions?

actsnoblemartin
06-24-2008, 05:27 PM
I dont like the gay militancy of, either you accept us, you support us, or you're a homophobe.

I heard a board member talking about, carving out a special place for them, civil unions, and I think he is right.

Personally, I mind civil unions a more moderate, and fair comprimise/proposition to let gays have the same rights as heterosexals, while not changing the definition of heterosexual/tradiational marriage, and not disrespecting, the overwhelming american/religious beliefs of this country.

glockmail
06-24-2008, 06:12 PM
1. It erodes the institution of traditional marriage.
2. Public schools will be forced to teach that civil unions are normal, moral, natural, and healthy; all non-truths.
3. It weakens the family and adversely affects children.
4. Adoption laws will be forced to allow children to be raised by queers.
5. It creates a slippery slope towards polygamy and other bastardizations of traditional marriage.
6. It encourages a gay lifestyle, which has a lower life expectancy, psych disorders and many other documented problems.

actsnoblemartin
06-24-2008, 06:16 PM
well, what with you do with gays then?

2. Public schools will be forced to teach that civil unions are normal, moral, natural, and healthy; all non-truths.
5. It creates a slippery slope towards polygamy and other bastardizations of traditional marriage.
6. It encourages a gay lifestyle, which has a lower life expectancy, psych disorders and many other documented problems.

crin63
06-24-2008, 06:18 PM
well, what with you do with gays then?

Send them back to the closet. :coffee:

actsnoblemartin
06-24-2008, 06:20 PM

How will it erode traditional marriage?

Why should public schools, teach anything about it, it shouldnt be their place

How so?

Probably, but not neccesarily

I agree, that is very possble

But, lets play devils advocate, what if gays, cant be cured, what the hell do you do with them?

actsnoblemartin
06-24-2008, 06:20 PM

:laugh2: what if they dont fit

red states rule
06-24-2008, 06:21 PM

Damn good one. Had to rep you for it

red states rule
06-24-2008, 06:22 PM
:laugh2: what if they dont fit

Use a crowbar and some WD40

glockmail
06-24-2008, 06:23 PM
well, what with you do with gays then? That's up to them Martin. They forced the APA to eliminate queerness as a mental disorder, damning those that could be cured to an unhealthy lifestyle, not to mention eternity in hell. Like alcoholism, the first step to recovery is to admit the addiction, and only the patient can do that.

actsnoblemartin
06-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Use a crowbar and some WD40

too be fair, i cant imagine how you would feel, if you were in their shoes.

same goes for the other pro-traditional values crew

glockmail
06-24-2008, 06:26 PM
But, lets play devils advocate, what if gays, cant be cured, what the hell do you do with them? Don't post that way Marty- its annoying since it doesn't allow me to quote you very easliy.

For your last question, if a patient can't be cured, you make them as comfortable as possible and try to minimize the damage. You sure as hell don't encourage their bad behavior.

red states rule
06-24-2008, 06:37 PM
too be fair, i cant imagine how you would feel, if you were in their shoes.

same goes for the other pro-traditional values crew

If I were in their shoes, I would not be making my private life public, and demanding special treatment and laws

actsnoblemartin
06-24-2008, 06:51 PM
That's up to them Martin. They forced the APA to eliminate queerness as a mental disorder, damning those that could be cured to an unhealthy lifestyle, not to mention eternity in hell. Like alcoholism, the first step to recovery is to admit the addiction, and only the patient can do that.

my two questions are:

#1 why was it considered a mental illness in the first place

#2 how and why was that changed?

midcan5
06-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Very simple, equal rights under the law.

glockmail
06-24-2008, 06:56 PM
my two questions are:

#1 why was it considered a mental illness in the first place

#2 how and why was that changed?
1. Because it is, and can be cured in many cases.
2. http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2006/feb/06020902.html

midcan5
06-24-2008, 07:19 PM

And masturbation used to cause mental illness. Time to move into the present I think. Or maybe masturbation does cause mental illness and Glock is suffering an advanced case?

manu1959
06-24-2008, 09:18 PM
two very good friends of mine are gay....

i went to their wedding recently.....

none of what all you all claim occured.....

my marriage and family and everything else is the same today as it was two weeks ago.....

so are all the rest of of my straight folks lives....

Yurt
06-24-2008, 11:55 PM
was it a church wedding?

gabosaurus
06-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Do any of you share a "civil union"? Why not?

gabosaurus
06-25-2008, 12:12 AM

You can be cured as well, Glock. It's just a bit more difficult.

I vote to send RSR back to his closet. Permanently.

manu1959
06-25-2008, 12:14 AM
was it a church wedding?

it was not in a church it was in a garden......

glockmail
06-25-2008, 07:07 AM
two very good friends of mine are gay....

i went to their wedding recently.....

none of what all you all claim occured.....

my marriage and family and everything else is the same today as it was two weeks ago.....

so are all the rest of of my straight folks lives.... Societal change, over time.

bullypulpit
06-25-2008, 07:55 AM
I dont like the gay militancy of, either you accept us, you support us, or you're a homophobe.

I heard a board member talking about, carving out a special place for them, civil unions, and I think he is right.

Personally, I mind civil unions a more moderate, and fair comprimise/proposition to let gays have the same rights as heterosexals, while not changing the definition of heterosexual/tradiational marriage, and not disrespecting, the overwhelming american/religious beliefs of this country.

Nothing beyond the fact its simply a game of semantics. If civil unions give same-gender couples the same rights, privileges and responsibilities as marriage provides straight couples have always enjoyed...it's marriage. Either way, the state has no vested interest in either civil-unions or marriages beyond the resulting contractual relationships which are established.

bullypulpit
06-25-2008, 08:04 AM

And do you have any links supporting your assertions...? Or are you just spouting Family Research Council propaganda again?

glockmail
06-25-2008, 08:07 AM
And do you have any links supporting your assertions...? Or are you just spouting Family Research Council propaganda again? It's common sense as well as the status quo- therefore the burden of proof to prove no harm is up to your- the queer enablers- side.

walkertom
06-25-2008, 09:04 AM

So does divorce, child abuse, spousal abuse, drugs, booze and poverty. Just to name a couple...

Do public schools currently teach that marriage is normal..?

*See answer to Question #1

I love a Well Researched, Objective Treatise...

Link, por favor...

Just like yer Traditional Marriage Thingie does....

glockmail
06-25-2008, 09:21 AM

So does divorce, child abuse, spousal abuse, drugs, booze and poverty. Just to name a couple...

Link, por favor...

1. All the more reason not to add in another detrimental factor.
2. If not they should.
3. See answer to question 1.
4,5. Me too. See post 25.
6. Actually the opposite is true.
Research shows that marriage contributes to good health, and people who are healthier tend to live longer. http://www.swedish.org/16856.cfm

OCA
06-25-2008, 02:26 PM

They already have equal rights under the law, they were born with them.

OCA
06-25-2008, 02:35 PM
to let gays have the same rights as heterosexals

Queers currently have all the same protections and rights under the constitution that all other citizens have, what they want is the right to break the laws of the land and nature, IOW they want "special rights".

Get that through your highly challenged cranium.

jimnyc
06-25-2008, 03:27 PM

The rights of a heterosexual and a homosexual are 100% identical at this point. And don't come back with "they can't marry who they love" - heterosexuals cannot marry another person of the same sex if they desired either, nor can they marry a dog if they should happen to fall in love. What queers are looking for is to redefine the "norm" to include their deviant behavior.

You're claiming it should be ok because there are already things detrimental to marriage?

Yes, it was mandatory for me to take sociology in HS where "family" was discussed/taught in depth. My child will be in that same spot in about 8 years or so and I don't want them adding queers to the HS discussion.

*See my more logical reply

Whether it surfaces or not, a child raised without a mother and a father will likely suffer - as do current children who lose a parent at an early age.

Link, por favor...

The slippery slope has already started. I've already read of a man marrying a goat and another who wanted to marry his dog. But I guess they deserve additional rights too.

Traditional marriage encourages a gay lifestyle? Has a lower life expectancy than queers? As you said - "Link, por favor"

midcan5
06-25-2008, 03:51 PM
They already have equal rights under the law, they were born with them.

Not true.

"Unlike traditional marriages, civil unions and domestic partnerships are invalid outside the state in which they are granted - except in states that expressly accept them - and do not provide any federal marriage benefits. Federal protections conferred by marriage include 1,138 laws and policies, such as Social Security, family medical leave, federal taxation and immigration policy."

Reprinted from Stateline.org.

http://pewforum.org/docs/?DocID=288

midcan5
06-25-2008, 03:55 PM
It's common sense as well as the status quo- therefore the burden of proof to prove no harm is up to your- the queer enablers- side.

You wouldn't know common sense if it fell on your empty head. Proving something that is not is a bit tough fool, and given all the failed marriages gays may provide a positive influence.

jimnyc
06-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Not true.

"Unlike traditional marriages, civil unions and domestic partnerships are invalid outside the state in which they are granted - except in states that expressly accept them - and do not provide any federal marriage benefits. Federal protections conferred by marriage include 1,138 laws and policies, such as Social Security, family medical leave, federal taxation and immigration policy."

I'm a heterosexual, and if I were to enter a civil union and/or marry another man, I would be in the exact same place as the queers. Where's the inequality?

What others engaged in deviant and abnormal behavior do you feel we should grant special rights and benefits to?

Yurt
06-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Not true.

amazingly, i agree, under federal law, there is not equality under the law, despite a valid state marriage between homosexuals.

glockmail
06-25-2008, 05:44 PM
You wouldn't know common sense if it fell on your empty head. Proving something that is not is a bit tough fool, and given all the failed marriages gays may provide a positive influence. I realize that you are way over your head here, but please keep the baseless insults to yourself.

My Winter Storm
06-26-2008, 03:52 AM

He was talking about civil unions, not marriage, matey.:laugh2:

bullypulpit
06-26-2008, 05:45 AM

<blockquote> All major national mental health organizations have officially expressed concerns about therapies promoted to modify sexual orientation. To date, there has been no scientifically adequate research to show that therapy aimed at changing sexual orientation (sometimes called reparative or conversion therapy) is safe or effective. - <a href=>APA</a></blockquote>

OMG! A link! Dr. Satinover, however, is less than credible as his monographs on the issue of homosexualitylack even basic peer review and are driven more by the dogma of the religious right than sound scientific research. And what a disappointment his son must be to him, seeing as he is gay and, thus, is mentally ill despite being raised in a devoutly heterosexual family environment.

bullypulpit
06-26-2008, 05:47 AM
It's common sense as well as the status quo- therefore the burden of proof to prove no harm is up to your- the queer enablers- side.

Common sense and the status quo both have a long history of being wrong.

bullypulpit
06-26-2008, 05:49 AM
Queers currently have all the same protections and rights under the constitution that all other citizens have, what they want is the right to break the laws of the land and nature, IOW they want "special rights".

Get that through your highly challenged cranium.

Granting same gender couple access to the same rights, privileges and responsibilities enjoyed by traditional married couples is not about granting 'special rights'. It's about extending those rights to those who have been denied them.

jimnyc
06-26-2008, 08:58 AM
Granting same gender couple access to the same rights, privileges and responsibilities enjoyed by traditional married couples is not about granting 'special rights'. It's about extending those rights to those who have been denied them.

And if we grant the same rights to a man who marries a monkey it would be extending it to them too. I know full well that lots of deviant behavior goes on in this world but I don't think we should be catering to them or extending a damn thing to them.

jimnyc
06-26-2008, 09:14 AM
And speaking of that slippery slope that everyone says doesn't exist, here we have the first animal to have "rights" extended to them. Soon we'll have married gay apes running around town! :coffee:

Spanish parliament to extend rights to apes

MADRID (Reuters) - Spain's parliament voiced its support on Wednesday for the rights of great apes to life and freedom in what will apparently be the first time any national legislature has called for such rights for non-humans.

Parliament's environmental committee approved resolutions urging Spain to comply with the Great Apes Project, devised by scientists and philosophers who say our closest genetic relatives deserve rights hitherto limited to humans.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080625/sc_nm/spain_apes_dc

glockmail
06-26-2008, 10:49 AM
<blockquote> All major national mental health organizations have officially expressed concerns about therapies promoted to modify sexual orientation. To date, there has been no scientifically adequate research to show that therapy aimed at changing sexual orientation (sometimes called reparative or conversion therapy) is safe or effective. - <a href=>APA</a></blockquote> Of course they hav, since they were all forced to toe the line by the militant queer community.

...OMG! A link! Dr. Satinover, however, is less than credible as his monographs on the issue of homosexualitylack even basic peer review and are driven more by the dogma of the religious right than sound scientific research. And what a disappointment his son must be to him, seeing as he is gay and, thus, is mentally ill despite being raised in a devoutly heterosexual family environment.
OMG- Attacking the messenger! Bully dismisses this guy in one fell swoop. Here's his CV:
curriculum vita
Last Revision: Monday May 26, 2003 09:17:24 AM

JEFFREY B. SATINOVER, Ed.M., M.S., M.D., A.B.P.N.

CURRICULUM VITAE:

OFFICE:

TEL: (203) 221-0031

FAX: (203) 222-1656

YALE:

Yale University Condensed Matter Theory Group

http://pantheon.yale.edu/~subir/cmt.html

Sloane Physics Laboratory Room 54b

PO Box 208120 New Haven CT 06520-8120

(203) 432-5276 e-mail: jeffrey.satinover@yale.edu

WEBSITES:

http://pantheon.yale.edu/~satinovr

http://www.satinover.com

http://www.quantgen.com

LICENSES:

Connecticut (Medicine)

BOARD CERTIFICATION:

Psychiatry (American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology)

OTHER:

Fellowship Year in Child Psychiatry

Added Qualifications in Geriatric Psychiatry

(American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology)

POSITIONS:

Graduate Student and Teaching Fellow, Department of Physics, Yale University

Author, Speaker

Private Practice in Psychotherapy, Psychiatry and Psychopharmacology (Practice Closed to New Patients)

Quantitative Partner, Value Investors, LP (Von Kohorn Research Associates, Westport, CT)

DATE OF BIRTH

September 4, 1947

FAMILY:

Married to the former Julie Rachel Leff

Three Children: Sarah Katherine b. March 10, 1987; Anne-Rebecca b. July 7, 1988; Jenny Leigh b. June 16, 1991

NATIONALITY:

U.S.A.

EDUCATION

2002: M.S., Physics, Yale University (en route to Ph.D.)

2001- :Graduate Student in Physics, Yale University

2001: Completed preparatory studies for Ph.D. program in physics, Yale University (as a for-credit, non-degree "special student")

1992: Board Certification (Added Qualifications) in Geriatric Psychiatry, American Board for Psychiatry and Neurology, Inc.

1989: Army Medical Officers' Basic Training Course, Fort Sam Houston, Texas

1988: Board Certification in Psychiatry, American Board for Psychiatry and Neurology, Inc.

1986: Fellowship year in Child Psychiatry, Child Study Center, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut

1985: Residency in Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut (Board Eligible in General Psychiatry)

1983: Internship in Internal Medicine, Greenwich Hospital Association, Greenwich, Connecticut, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut (see also RESEARCH, 1982)

1982: M.D., University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas (see also RESEARCH, 1979-1980)

1976: Diploma in Analytical Psychology, C. G. Jung Institute, Zurich, Switzerland

1973: Ed.M., Graduate School of Education, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts (Program in Clinical Psychology and Public Practice; see also RESEARCH, 1972-1973)

1971: S.B., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts (Concentration in Science and Humanities; see also RESEARCH, 1969-1970)

1965: High School Diploma, William Howard Taft High School, Woodland Hills, California (see also RESEARCH, 1965)

FORMAL RESEARCH:

Physics

2000- Independent Research in Physics (P471a,P472b, Yale senior thesis equivalent). Erich Poppitz, advisor. (1) Numeric and analytic modeling of quantum decoherence in multi-particle fermionic oscillator (spin) systems and multi-particle bosonic (harmonic) oscillator systems; (2) theoretical analyses and numeric modeling of decoherence-free subspaces within two-particle entangled states in multi-particle fully-interacting systems; (3) theoretical analyses of decoherence-free subspaces composed of supersymmetric (boson plus fermion) two-particle states (SEE PUBLICATIONS).

1999-2001: Member, STAR and STAR-RICH Collaboration (BARI/CERN, ALICE-HMPID, Yale). The STAR-RICH team extends and studies particle identification by the STAR spectrometer for charged hadrons at mid-rapidity by using its Ring-Imaging Cerenkov Detector inserted within the larger STAR detector at the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider at Brookhaven national Laboratory. Responsibilities included (1) data analysis programming in C/C++ and ROOT in an extended UNIX/LINUX environment (SEE PUBLICATIONS); (2) investigating the possibility of using Clifford-valued neural networks to automate particle identification and identification error probabilities.

1967-1968: Materials Research Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts: Co-investigation and replication of the previously mysterious ancient Egyptian faience-glazing technique. Results presented by senior investigator, Cyril Smith, Ph.D., to the Boston Museum of Fine Arts.

1965, 1968: Danny Heinemann Accelerator Laboratory, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovoth, Israel: Mathematical modeling of target-grid fields and proton scatter, in the laboratory of Gvirol Goldring, Ph.D.

Psychiatry, Neuroscience

1993-1994: Primary Co-investigator with Daniel Stein, M.D., of relationship of Neural Network aspects of brain function to archetypal processes at Columbia University, Department of Psychiatry.

1984-1986: Study of the psychotic process as evidenced in the letters, autobiography and theoretical writings of C. G. Jung (see PUBLICATIONS).

1982-1984: Departments of Psychiatry, Cornell University Medical Center and Yale University School of Medicine: Study of the development of C. G. Jung's schismatic psychoanalytic theories in the light of recent controversies about narcissism (see PUBLICATIONS).

1979-1982: Departments of Neurobiology and Anatomy and of Pharmacology, University of Texas Medical School at Houston: Investigation of evolutionary and behavioral parameters of GABA - benzodiazepine receptor binding (laboratory of Sam Enna, Ph.D.; see PUBLICATIONS).

1972-1973: Graduate School of Education, Harvard University: Establishment, and investigation of the psychodynamics, of a small "self-analytic" group composed of undergraduate and graduate students participating for credit. (Under the supervision of William Rogers, Ph.D. and with the advice of R. Freed Bales, Ph.D.)

1969-1970: Research Assistant, Department of Social Psychology, University of California at Los Angeles: Design and implementation of research paradigms in the "attribution" model of cognitive dissonance, in the laboratory of Barry Collins, Ph.D.

THESES AND DISSERTATIONS:

Diploma Dissertation, C. G. Jung Institute of Zurich, Mario Jacoby, Ph.D., advisor: "On the Role of the Mother in Fantasy and Imagination."

Ed.M. Final Paper, Harvard University Graduate School of Education, Professor William Rogers, advisor: "Report on a Depth-Psychological (Jungian) Self-Analytic Group, with Special Attention to Group Dynamics as Reflected in Members' Dreams."

S.B. Dissertation, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Professor Huston Smith, advisor: "The Archetypal Basis of Personality Development."

Senior Theses (Equivalent), Yale University, Erich Poppitz, Advisor. (1) "Modeling Decoherence and Decoherence-Free Subspaces"; (2) "Decoherence-Free Subspaces in Supersymmetric Oscillator Networks"

PUBLICATIONS: (Sole author unless otherwise noted)

Books

(2000) The Quantum Brain. New York: Wiley.

(1997) Cracking the Bible Code. New York: William Morrow and Company. (Published in the U.K. by Macmillan/Sidgewick & Jackson and internationally in English outside the U.S. and Canada as The Truth Behind the Bible Code. German, Japanese, Portuguese, and Dutch language international editions as well. Paperback edition in 1998.

(1996) Homosexuality and the Politics of Truth. Grand Rapids: Baker

(1996) Feathers of the Skylark: Sin, Compulsion and our Need for a Messiah. Wheaton: Hamewith Books

(1996) The Empty Self: C. G. Jung and the Gnostic Foundations of Modern Identity. Wheaton: Hamewith Books (previously published as The Empty Self: Gnostic Foundations of Modern Identity. Boone, N.C.: Stillpoint Press

(1995) The Empty Self: Gnostic and Jungian Foundations of Modern Identity. Bramcote Nottingham (England): Grove Books, Ltd.

(1994) The Empty Self: Gnostic Foundations of Modern Identity. Boone, N.C.: Stillpoint Press

Abstracts:

(1996) A neural network model of archetypal structures and of the relationship between nature and nurture in brain-mind development. Consciousness Research Abstracts: a service from the Journal of Consciousness Research Studies. No. 231:102-103

(1996) Interpretations of quantum theory and their theological analogs. Consciousness Research Abstracts: a service from the Journal of Consciousness Research Studies. No. 278:116-117

(1983) Jung's lost contribution to the dilemma of narcissism. Yale Psychiatric Quarterly 6(2):18.

Reviews:

(1993) Individuation & Narcissism: The Psychology of Self in Jung and Kohut by Mario Jacoby. Quadrant.

(1988) The Fathers, Andrew Samuels, editor. Quadrant, 20,2

(1986) Jungian Analysis, Murray Stein, editor. Modern Psychoanalysis

(1984) Jungian Analysis, Murray Stein, editor. Quadrant, 17,2

(1984) The Freudian Fallacy, by E. M. Thornton. Library Journal, March, 1984

Articles:

Physics

Modeling Decoherence and Decoherence-Free Subspaces (quant-ph/0212003, (2002))
Decoherence-Free Subspaces in Supersymmetric Oscillator Networks (quant-ph/0211172, [2002, revised 2003].)
Identification of High Transverse Momentum Particles with the STAR-RICH Detector (as part of the Yale-Bari-CERN STAR-RICH collaboration nucl-ex/0211028 [2002])
Cleaning and recirculation of perfluorohexane (C6F14) in the STAR-RICH detector (as part of the STAR-RICH Collaboration), Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A 486:590-609 (2002)
The STAR-RICH Detector, STAR-RICH Collaboration, Nucl. Phys. A 698:452-455 (2002)

Psychiatry, Neuroscience

(1994) Jungians and Gnostics. First Things 41-48

(1994) Psychology and the Abolition of Meaning. First Things, February-March

(1994) Psychology and the Abolition of Meaning. Connecticut Medicine 40:14-18.

(1992; with Thomson-Bentz, L.) Aching in the places where we used to play: a Jungian approach to midlife change. Quadrant, 25,1

(1987) Jungian psychotherapy in the context of psychoanalysis. Modern Psychoanalysis

(1987) The myth of the death of the hero: Jungian theories of masculinity in the light of psychoanalysis. Psychoanalytic Review, 73,4: 149-162

(1986) Jung's lost contribution to the dilemma of narcissism. Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association, 34,2: 401-438

(1985) At the mercy of another: Abandonment and restitution in psychosis and psychotic character. Chiron, 1985

(1985) Jung's relation to the mother. Quadrant, 18,1

(1983) The mirror of Dr. Faustus: The decline of art in the pursuit of eternal adolescence. Quadrant 17, 1

(1983) Immagine e archetipo nella psicologia del profondo: Una introduzione. In: Problemi di Psicologia Analitica. Ed.: L. Zoja. Milan: Liguori Editore

(1980) Puer aeternus: The narcissistic relation to the self. Quadrant 13, 2

(1980) Maggi, A., Satinover, J., Oberdorfer, M., Mann, E., and Enna, S. Phylogenetic characteristics of muscimol activated benzodiazepine receptor binding. Brain Research Bulletin 5, 2:167-171

(1995) Computer Proves Divine Authorship. Bible Review, October

Chapters

(1997) The Gnostic Core of Jungian Psychology: Radiating Effects on the Moral Order. In Moral Issues in Psychology, ed. James M. DuBois. New York: University Press of America

(1996) The True Masculine and the True Feminine: Are These the Same as Jung’s Anima and Animus? Appendix to Crisis in Masculinity by Leanne Payne. Grand Rapids:Baker

(1995). J. Satinover, K. Von Kohorn, K. Wall. This Reform Was Bought Right Off A Consultant’s Shelf. In Not With My Child You Don’t, ed: R. Holland. Manakin-Sabot, Virginia: Chesapeke Capital Services

(1995). J. Satinover, K. Von Kohorn, K. Wall. The CT:SOS 10-Point Plan. In Not With My Child You Don’t, ed: R. Holland. Manakin-Sabot, Virginia: Chesapeke Capital Services

(1995) Psychopharmacology and Jungian Analysis. In Jungian Analysis, second edition. ed: M. Stein. Chicago: Open Court Press

(1990) The Childhood Self and the Origins of Puer Psychology. In Reclaiming the Inner Child, ed. Jeremiah Abrams. Los Angeles: Jeremy P. Tarcher

(1986) Science and the Fragile Self: The Rise of Narcissism, the Decline of God. In Pathologies of the Modern Self, ed: D. Levin. New York: New York University Press.

(1984) Jungian Psychotherapy. In: Core Readings in Psychiatry: An Annotated Guide to the Literature, Eds.: M. Sacks, P. Rubinton and W. Sledge. New York: Praeger, Ch. 39, pp. 306-308.

SELECTED LECTURESHIPS AND PRESENTATIONS:

The William James Lectures in Psychology and Religion, Department of Social Relations and the School of Divinity, Harvard University. 1. "Metaphor and Imagination" 2. "The Mythology of Genius" 3."Religious Transformation" (1975)

Plenary Speaker, Symposium on the Clinical Application of Dreams, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. "Dreams of Gifted Persons" (1980)

Sixth World Congress of the International College of Psychosomatic Medicine, Montreal, Canada. "Cimetidine Psychosis in a General Hospital" (1981)

Plenary Speaker, The World as Mirror -- A Conference on Narcissism in the Arts and Humanities, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio. "The Mirror of Doctor Faustus: The Decline of Art in the Pursuit of Eternal Adolescence" (1983)

American Psychoanalytic Association, Fall Scientific Meetings, New York. "Jung's Lost Contribution to the Dilemma of Narcissism" (1983)

Plenary Speaker, Ghost Ranch International Conference for Jungian Analysts, Abique, New Mexico. "At the Mercy of Another: Abandonment and Restitution in Psychosis and Pre-psychotic States" (1984)

Grand Rounds, Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University. "Jungian Concepts of Psychosis, a Critical Review" (1985)

Plenary Speaker, National Conference on Uses of the Symbolic in Psychoanalytic Treatment, "A Jungian Response." National Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis, New York City. (1985)

Moderator, "Jungians, Freudians and Anti-Semitism: An International Conference sponsored by the New School for Social Research, The C. G. Jung Foundation of New York, the Post-Graduate Center for Mental Health and the Union of American Hebrew Congregations (1989)

"Old Wine in New Bottles: Psychoanalysis as Modern Gnosticism." Presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Psychiatric Association (1993)

Moderator and Speaker, "Discovering the Oneness: Mind, Body and Spirit," interdisciplinary conference sponsored by the Institutes of Religion and Health, Auburn Theological Seminary, Union Theological Seminary (Program in Religion and Psychiatry), Fordham University and Rutgers University (1993). Presented only traditionalist paper.

"Archetypal Structures and the Neural Basis of Dissociability." Plenary Address, 10th International Conference on Multiple Personality and Dissociation (1993)

Faculty Member, Alliance Defense Fund National Litigation Academy, June 25-28, 1997, "Defining the American Family and its Legal Future."

Additional lectures, courses and workshops at Columbia University, the Houston-Galveston Psychoanalytic Institute, the C. G. Jung Institutes of Chicago, New York, Los Angeles and Zurich, Mount Saint Mary's College, the University of Pittsburgh, the University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Harvard Medical School, Yale University School of Medicine, and other institutions.

CLINICAL EXPERIENCE:

Psychiatric:

Jungian:

1981-1994: Instructor, C. G. Jung Foundation and Institute, New York

1984-1998: Instructor, Supervising Psychiatrist and Medical Director, Temenos Institute, Westport, Connecticut

1982-1986: Supervising analyst, Interregional Society of Jungian Analysts

1971-1972 and 1973-1976: Training program of the C. G. Jung Institute, Zurich, including two one-year part-time rotations at inpatient facilities in Switzerland (see above)

Other:

1972-1973: Leading and teaching of self-analytic group, Harvard University

BUSINESS EXPERIENCE:

1985-1992: Designed, founded and served as C.E.O. of the Sterling Institute for Neuropsychiaty and Behavioral Medicine in Stamford, Connecticut, a licensed multidisciplinary outpatient psychiatric facility and partial hospital with thirty-six clinical and administrative employees. The facility was one of only two psychiatric institutions in the state of Connecticut to receive accreditation with commendation from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and did so on its first survey without outside assistance. The Institute provided a full range of servicfes for families and individuals and offered specialized treatment of drug and alcohol abuse, Alzheimer’s and related dementias and affective disorders.

HONORS AND AWARDS:

1969: National Merit Scholar

1975: William James Lecturer in Psychology and Religion, Harvard University

1979: Junior Medical Student Merit Scholarship

1981: Ross Annual Award for Outstanding Student in Pediatrics

1982: Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society

1983: Seymour Lustman Award, Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, for research conducted during the residency in psychiatry (second prize)

1985: Seymour Lustman Award, Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, for research conducted during the residency in psychiatry (second prize)

1983-1986: Burroughs-Wellcome Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association

1998: NARTH Fellow Award

HOSPITAL AND RELATED AFFILIATIONS: (1987-1992)

Attending Physician, the Stamford Hospital, Stamford, Connecticut

Assistant Attending Physician, St. Joseph'so Medical Center, Stamford, Connecticut

Instructor in Psychiatry, Yale University/West Haven Veterans Administration Medical Center

Geropsychiatric Consultant at Various Extended Care Facilities:

Carrolton Hospital, Fairfield, Connecticut

Courtland Gardens Convalescent Center, Stamford, Connecticut

Darien Convalescent Center, Darien Connecticut

Fairfield Manor Health Care Center, Norwalk, Connecticut

Lea Manor Health Care Center, Norwalk, Connecticut

Mary Wade Nursing Home, New Haven, Connecticut

Mediplex Health Center, Westport, Connecticut

Overlook Manor Nursing Home, Norwalk, Connecticut

St. Camillus Health Center, Stamford, Connecticut

Tandet Continuing Care Center, Stamford, Connecticut

Waveny Care Center, New Canaan, Connecticut

Wilton Meadows Health Care Center, Wilton, Connecticut

Winthrop Health Care Center, New Haven, Connecticut

PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS: (Current unless otherwise noted)

American Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine (1985-1992)

American Association for the Advancement of Acience (1992- )

American College of Physician Executives (1989-1992)

American Group Psychotherapy Association, Associate (1984-1992)

American Physical Society (1998- )

American Psychiatric Association (1982-1996)

1984-1986: Burroughs/Wellcome Fellow

1984-1986: Committee of Residents

1986: Committee on Private Practice

1984-1986: PRITE test-writing committee of the American College of Psychiatrists, liaison

American Psychosomatic Society, Associate (1985-1992)

Connecticut Psychiatric Association, Fairfield County Chapter (182-1996)

New York Association of Analytical Psychologists (1981-1994)

Partial Hospital Association of Connecticut (1987-1992)

Connecticut State Medical Society (1986-1992)

Fairfield County Medical Association (1987- )

International Association of Analytical Psychologists (1976-1997)

International Quantum Structures Association (1997- )

National Association of Scholars (1992- )

National Association for Research and Treatment of Homosexuality (1993- )

MILITARY SERVICE:

1997 - 1998:
Major, Army Medical Corps; Individual Ready Reserves; United States Army Reserves, Psychiatrist

1995 -1997 :
Major, Army Medical Corps; Individual Mobilization Augmentee; United States Army Reserves serving the USA MEDDAC at Fort Gordon, Georgia

1994 - 1995:
Major, Army Medical Corps; Individual Mobilization Augmentee; United States Army Reserves serving the USA MEDDAC at Fort Lee, Virginia

1990 - 1994:
Captain, Army Medical Corps; Individual Ready Reserves; United States Army Reserves Psychiatrist

1987 - 1990:
Captain, Army Medical Corps; United States Army National Guard; Flight Surgeon, 1/169th Combat Aviation, Windsor Locks, Connecticut;

BOARDS:

Not-for-profit:

Toward Tradition, National Board of Governors (1995-1996), Board of Trustees (1996- )

Focus on the Family, National Physicians Resource Council (1994-1997)

Family Institute of Connecticut, Board of Directors

Development Committee (1993-1994)

Committee to Save Our Schools (CT:SOS), Executive Board, Co-founder (1994- )

Klingberg Family Centers, Board of Directors (1995 -1996)

Pittsburgh Jung Society, Board of Advisors (1986-1998)

C. G. Jung Foundation for Analytical Psychology, Board of Directors (1983-1992)

President and Chairman of the Board (1988-1992)

Executive Committee (1988-1992)

Investment Committee (1987-1992)

Co-chairman, Committee on Professional Education (1986-1988)

Chairman, Committee to select the C. G. Jung Lecturer, (1987-1988)

C. G. Jung Institute of New York:, Training Board(1987-1990)

Medical consultant

Clinic Committee

Finance committee

Temenos Institute, Inc., Board of Directors, Westport, Connecticut (1984-2000)

Quadrant, Editorial Board (1983-1993)

Jefferson Journal of Psychiatry, Editorial Board (1985-1986)

For-Profit

Sterling Institute for Neuropsychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Inc., Board of Directors, Stamford, Connecticut (1986-1992 )

President (1992)

Chairman of the Board (1986 - 1992)

OTHER AFFILIATIONS and MEMBERSHIPS:

Beth Israel Synagogue (Orthodox), Westport

Aspetuck Valley Country Club

Reserve Officers Association of the United States (1987- )

BIBLIOGRAPHIC CITATIONS:

Who’s Who in Health Care (1988- )

Who’s Who in Finance and Industry (1989- )

Who’s Who in Science and Engineering (1992- )

Who’s Who in the East (1988- )

Who’s Who in America (1990- )

Who’s Who in the World (1991- )

OTHER INTERESTS AND SKILLS:

Mountaineering, skiing, tennis; harpsichord; piano; computing; graphic design; languages: English (native), skilled in German and French; familiarity with Hebrew and Latin.
http://www.satinover.com/main.htm

glockmail
06-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Common sense and the status quo both have a long history of being wrong. Then it should be easy for you to do so. :coffee:

OCA
06-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Not true.

Completely true since they aren't born queer, they choose to be queer and therefore still, as queers, enjoy the same rights they are born with. What you are talking about but not understandingb is that queers want "special rights"..IOW the right to break the laws of man and nature.

OCA
06-26-2008, 04:28 PM
<blockquote> All major national mental health organizations have officially expressed concerns about therapies promoted to modify sexual orientation. To date, there has been no scientifically adequate research to show that therapy aimed at changing sexual orientation (sometimes called reparative or conversion therapy) is safe or effective. - <a href=>APA</a></blockquote>

OMG! A link! Dr. Satinover, however, is less than credible as his monographs on the issue of homosexualitylack even basic peer review and are driven more by the dogma of the religious right than sound scientific research. And what a disappointment his son must be to him, seeing as he is gay and, thus, is mentally ill despite being raised in a devoutly heterosexual family environment.

Always attacking the source but never contradicting what the source states. You think something would've changed in 4.5 yrs.

bullypulpit
06-27-2008, 10:28 PM
Always attacking the source but never contradicting what the source states. You think something would've changed in 4.5 yrs.

Then your reading comprehension is obviously inadequate to the task.

OCA
06-28-2008, 03:46 PM

Bully honestly, if a source contradicts your POV then they are in your words "biased", tell me i'm wrong.

glockmail
06-30-2008, 04:43 AM

Or none of us knows how to read. :laugh2:

bullypulpit
06-30-2008, 04:49 AM
Bully honestly, if a source contradicts your POV then they are in your words "biased", tell me i'm wrong.

If a source has nothing to back it up beyond right, or left, wing-nut polemic...then of course it's biased. If people want to prove their point they need to provide links to independent, unbiased research to support their opinions.

bullypulpit
06-30-2008, 04:49 AM
Or none of us knows how to read. :laugh2:

Of course you know how to read, as long as it's not above third grade level. :laugh2:

glockmail
06-30-2008, 05:04 AM
Of course you know how to read, as long as it's not above third grade level. :laugh2: My BS Cum Laude proves you wrong, dumbass. :lame2: