PDA

View Full Version : Idol

Mr. P
03-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Who thinks the guys on here this year suck besides me?

A few of the girls ROCK!

Hugh Lincoln
03-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Simon was just trying to tell Sanjaya that he was too fruity. I don't think he got the hint.

Sitarro
03-06-2007, 09:04 PM

A few of the girls ROCK!

I agree the guys are awful. A couple of the girls are really good, that really heavy one that outsings Aretha is really good.

Mr. P
03-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Simon was just trying to tell Sanjaya that he was too fruity. I don't think he got the hint.
I think he is a fruit, as in really gay. Maybe not.

I agree the guys are awful. A couple of the girls are really good, that really heavy one that outsings Aretha is really good.

Yup, a few can really, really sing...I think a girl will win this year.

manu1959
03-06-2007, 09:37 PM

A few of the girls ROCK!

you watch american idol and take the piss on nascar?.....:lame2:

Mr. P
03-06-2007, 09:39 PM

YUP! But F1 IS GREAT!:laugh2: Really.

Dilloduck
03-06-2007, 09:40 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr. P
03-06-2007, 09:49 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh shut-up. It's an hour of music , not 4 or so of mindless round-an-round.:slap:

Hugh Lincoln
03-06-2007, 09:50 PM

Manu, I'm married. I don't have a choice.

Dilloduck
03-06-2007, 09:51 PM
Oh shut-up. It's an hour of music , not 4 or so of mindless round-an-round.:slap:

sorry--couldn't resist :laugh2:

Mr. P
03-06-2007, 09:58 PM
sorry--couldn't resist :laugh2:

NP.:cool:

manu1959
03-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Manu, I'm married. I don't have a choice.

me too....the montyoa race in mexico was brilliant....

03-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Ive never watched a full hour of that show in my life and i have no plans to in the future.

krisy
03-07-2007, 07:48 AM
I think a gal will win this year too. None of the guys are rreally strong. I do think the judges cut some people early on that should be here now. It may have made a difference.

Mr. P
03-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Girls night! 8 est.

Dilloduck
03-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Girls night! 8 est.

are they going to allow them all to be nekkid or just the white ones ?? :laugh2:

Mr. P
03-07-2007, 08:14 PM
are they going to allow them all to be nekkid or just the white ones ?? :laugh2:

I don't really think I want to see ANY of em nude. Bunch of heavy-weights this year. Cept for a few, but just no appeal with them for me. But damn they can sing! :laugh2:

Mr. P
03-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Isn’t Lakisa Jones Great?

One more coming that's as good.

Mr. P
03-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Melinda Doolittle is Great also!

gabosaurus
03-07-2007, 10:46 PM
I have heard that American Idol is good entertainment. Some advertising agency already knows the winner, though. They need the lead time to line up recording deals and book the venues for the AI tour.

Mr. P
03-07-2007, 10:58 PM
I have heard that American Idol is good entertainment. Some advertising agency already knows the winner, though. They need the lead time to line up recording deals and book the venues for the AI tour.

Nah, they all sign contracts for that stuff when they are 'chosen' to go to Holywood. I see you're not a fan or you'd know that. I'll bet next years tour is being arranged even now.

Mr. P
03-13-2007, 08:59 PM
It's gonna be a girl. The guys sucked tonight, but then they were singing girl songs.

krisy
03-14-2007, 06:19 AM
I think it will come down to either Lakisha or Melinda. The 17 year old (I think Nikki?) was pretty good last night too tho.

Mr. P
03-14-2007, 08:22 AM
I think it will come down to either Lakisha or Melinda. The 17 year old (I think Nikki?) was pretty good last night too tho.

I am leaning that way too, krisy.

shattered
03-14-2007, 08:53 AM
That show is SO rigged... I haven't watched it since Carrie Underwood beat out Bo Bice. There's no way he should have lost to her. *scowl*

Mr. P
03-14-2007, 09:11 AM
That show is SO rigged... I haven't watched it since Carrie Underwood beat out Bo Bice. There's no way he should have lost to her. *scowl*

They were both great but only one can win, either was ok with me, I viewed them both as winniers.

shattered
03-14-2007, 09:14 AM
They were both great but only one can win, either was ok with me, I viewed them both as winniers.

*refrains from making crack about your hearing and vision failing you in your advanced years*

:smoke:

5stringJeff
03-14-2007, 09:50 AM

Lakisha or Melinda, definitely. They are in a class above the rest by far.

I can't wait for that freak Sanjaya to get the boot. He's a waste of air time.

5stringJeff
03-14-2007, 09:50 AM

:wtf:

Carrie Underwood rules!!!

shattered
03-14-2007, 09:59 AM
:wtf:

Carrie Underwood rules!!!

...but not as much as Bo. That boy could sing ANYTHING. Carrie was only good with country music. But she had tight pants, tight shirts, and good hair.

5stringJeff
03-14-2007, 10:07 AM
...but not as much as Bo. That boy could sing ANYTHING. Carrie was only good with country music. But she had tight pants, tight shirts, and good hair.

Looks aside, Carrie is a great singer, and I thought she deserved to win. Bo was a good singer also, which is why he's got an album out as well. Just like year 2, where Clay and Reuben both put out albums.

Mr. P
03-14-2007, 10:08 AM

Works for me, my vision is still a-ok!:poke:

shattered
03-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Looks aside, Carrie is a great singer, and I thought she deserved to win. Bo was a good singer also, which is why he's got an album out as well. Just like year 2, where Clay and Reuben both put out albums.

Clay, I thought, was a putz. His album had ONE good song, and I think that's still all he's got going for him.. Reuben..I remember what he looks like, but I don't remember any of his music...

shattered
03-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Works for me, my vision is still a-ok!:poke:

She IS very pretty - I'll give her that.. But I still think that's what sealed her win - not her singing. She wasn't versatile enough, IMO.

Mr. P
03-14-2007, 10:11 AM

Now Reuben should have never won,IMO.

krisy
03-14-2007, 11:03 AM
I like the girl that has kind of the harder edge...forgot her name. I know she won't win,but I like her style.

I'm still trying to figure out what happened to the guys this year. I think Sanjaya is sweet,and that is why he is still on. The beat box guy is getting a little old. That is all he wants to do is beat box everything!!

Mr. P
03-14-2007, 11:15 AM
I like the girl that has kind of the harder edge...forgot her name. I know she won't win,but I like her style.

I'm still trying to figure out what happened to the guys this year. I think Sanjaya is sweet,and that is why he is still on. The beat box guy is getting a little old. That is all he wants to do is beat box everything!!

The guy plain suck this year compared to the 3 or 4 very strong girls, IMO.

-Cp
03-14-2007, 01:16 PM

Even worse was last year - Chris Daughtry losing to freakin' Taylor Hicks! OMG...

Chris was robbed - even Simon had a look of WTF on his face ...

shattered
03-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Even worse was last year - Chris Daughtry losing to freakin' Taylor Hicks! OMG...

Simon doesn't KNOW any other look than "WTF".. :D

Mr. P
03-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Here’s the rig, Sanjaya didn’t get the ax even with his head on the block, so tune in next week. Of course you will.

The women rock!!

Hugh Lincoln
03-14-2007, 09:40 PM

Yeah. My wife and I have concluded that for CD to have won would have been "geeky," at least by his standards. Much better for a rocker dude to "come close" instead of win. But he was clearly the most talented singer that season. His version of "Walk the Line" was haunting.

I'd buy a beer for Taylor Hicks. But I'd buy Chris Daughtry's music.

Mr. P
03-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Yeah. My wife and I have concluded that for CD to have won would have been "geeky," at least by his standards. Much better for a rocker dude to "come close" instead of win. But he was clearly the most talented singer that season. His version of "Walk the Line" was haunting.

I'd buy a beer for Taylor Hicks. But I'd buy Chris Daughtry's music.

Overall I think the #2-3 folks are the real winners. Less obligations to the show ya know, even though they all have a contract.

krisy
03-15-2007, 11:29 AM
All right....who in the heck is doin the mass call in for Sanjaya?!!!!

He seems nice,but please.

Even tho the other guy forgot the words,he still was better. How is he still around? I don't get it.

I'm thinking maybe a lot of teenyboppers like him

Mr. P
03-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Here’s the rig, Sanjaya didn’t get the ax even with his head on the block, so tune in next week. Of course you will.

The women rock!!

All right....who in the heck is doin the mass call in for Sanjaya?!!!!

He seems nice,but please.

Even tho the other guy forgot the words,he still was better. How is he still around? I don't get it.

I'm thinking maybe a lot of teenyboppers like him

It is hard to believe.

Then again the WTF factor keeps people coming back just to see.

krisy
03-15-2007, 11:43 AM
It is hard to believe.

Then again the WTF factor keeps people coming back just to see.

Is it on tonight,P? I can't remember,and I'm too lazy to go look:laugh2:

Mr. P
03-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Is it on tonight,P? I can't remember,and I'm too lazy to go look:laugh2:
Not here. next tuesday. 8 p.m dst

krisy
03-22-2007, 11:47 AM
All right people!!!

Who in the heck is voting for Sanjaya?!!!!! :lame2:

Craziness!

I heard on the radio this morning that there is a website called votefortheworst.com....

they said they could have something to do with it?!!

Mr. P..what do you have to say on this?

Little-Acorn
03-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Akisha is still my odds-on pick to take it all. Even though I don't like her sullen, indifferent attitude. She is a tremendous singer.

Haley is the sexiest, but Akisha is in a different class from the rest of the girls, and all the guys. Melinda is maybe second, but Akisha will have to screw up for Melinda to beat her. Singing "Diamonds", she didn't screw up enough.

Sanjaya actually did well, finally, with that bust-loose song. He needed that badly. No, he's not gay. That's just a bunch of insecure people who want him to be.

The guy who sang "Time of the Season" (beat-box guy) did VERY well, and put himself back into the running with it. It should be his signature song, like "Vehicle" was for Bo Bice and "Play that Funky Music" was for Taylor Hicks, and "I'm Every Woman" sort of was for Mandisa.

The weird-looking curly-haired guy (Fro Patro) is probably the best overall male singer. If a guy wins, it will probably be him, if people can stand his ugliness. Or, slight chance the beat-box guy can do it, IF he keeps up the kind of performances he did this week with "Time of the Season".

But so far, the guys have been blown away by the girls. They've been too "sweet and nice" until this week. This week, they closed the gap some with good, blow-it-out performances. But they have a lot to make up for.

The top three will be Akisha, Melinda, and maybe Fro Patro.

krisy
03-22-2007, 12:51 PM
I thought that Nicky,the seventeen year old, was very good this week. She looked beautiful,her voice was awesome. I think she deserves to make it pretty far.

Mr. P
03-22-2007, 01:17 PM
All right people!!!

Who in the heck is voting for Sanjaya?!!!!! :lame2:

Craziness!

I heard on the radio this morning that there is a website called votefortheworst.com....

they said they could have something to do with it?!!

Mr. P..what do you have to say on this?

Unfortunately, I think they may be having an effect.

Even someone that is tone deaf wouldn’t vote for Sanjaya!!!

Mr. P
03-27-2007, 07:31 PM
GOOD LORD! If Sanjaya isn’t gone tomorrow I may be suicidal!!!!:laugh2:

shattered
03-27-2007, 07:32 PM
GOOD LORD! If Sanjaya isn’t gone tomorrow I may be suicidal!!!!:laugh2:

If you die, can I have your stuff, minus your cookware?

Mr. P
03-27-2007, 07:34 PM
If you die, can I have your stuff, minus your cookware?
Only the All-Clad for you, you need some GOOD stuff! :laugh2: :poke:

shattered
03-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Only the All-Clad for you, you need some GOOD stuff! :laugh2: :poke:

Why do you think I was asking for stuff OTHER than your cookware? I'm sure you have SOME good kitchen toys.

Mr. P
03-28-2007, 08:14 PM
That’s it! Put me on a suicide watch!!!! :pee: Sanjaya

Little-Acorn
03-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Mr. P, who got voted out?

Mr. P
03-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Mr. P, who got voted out?

Donno yet..But Sanjaya is safe this week...errrrrr

Mr. P
03-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Little-Acorn, Chris the curly hair tubby guy got cut.

Little-Acorn
03-28-2007, 08:31 PM
WHOA!!!!

Chris Sligh was the BEST all-around male singer IMHO. He looked weird, but was quite a singer.

He didn't do as well as usual yesterday, which was too bad. But it's a surprise to hear he got CUT.

The girls are still outclassing the guys, generally speaking. Blake did very well last week, and pretty well yesterday.

5stringJeff
03-28-2007, 10:22 PM
That's it. Idol will not see another season. All the crappy singers are advancing, all the good ones are getting voted off.

Mr. P
03-28-2007, 10:41 PM
That's it. Idol will not see another season. All the crappy singers are advancing, all the good ones are getting voted off.

:laugh2: Chris wasn't good, Ok maybe, but not good.

manu1959
03-28-2007, 11:03 PM
:laugh2: Chris wasn't good, Ok maybe, but not good.

all they do is sing ...hell this is like nascar only turning left...:poke:

gabosaurus
03-28-2007, 11:17 PM
I find it hilarious that adults are taking a staged TV show seriously.
American Idol is about as real as wrestling.

Mr. P
03-28-2007, 11:24 PM
all they do is sing ...hell this is like nascar only turning left...:poke:

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: Yeah.:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

You redneck. :slap: :laugh2:

Mr. P
03-28-2007, 11:26 PM
I find it hilarious that adults are taking a staged TV show seriously.
American Idol is about as real as wrestling.

I knew you were a mud wrestler!

krisy
03-29-2007, 11:12 AM
A girl at work told me today that Sanjaya is getting more overseas votes than anyone. SHe said something about India,I didn't even think they had it there?!!!

I was surprised to see Chris voted off,I thought he was overall pretty good. Better than Sanjaya for sure. I don't thing Sanjaya is horrible I guess,just no where near aas good as some of the others. Although my husband was in shock the week he sang "You Really Got Me". He thought it was pitiful!!

Little-Acorn
03-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Sanjaya was way too "sweet and cute" for the first several weeks. He finally broke out of that with "You really got me", and helped himself a lot when he did. He continued the trend with this week's song. He didn't need the hair, the song would have carried him thru just fine. The hair just emphasised that he wasn't staying in the old groove any more - but obviously it was way overstated.

He's happy, rollicking, and fun, more so than he was earlier. A few sad sacks here apparently can't stand that - tough toenails. Sanjaya won't be the next American Idol, but he's fun to listen to, and well worthwhile.

krisy
03-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Sanjaya was way too "sweet and cute" for the first several weeks. He finally broke out of that with "You really got me", and helped himself a lot when he did. He continued the trend with this week's song. He didn't need the hair, the song would have carried him thru just fine. The hair just emphasised that he wasn't staying in the old groove any more - but obviously it was way overstated.

He's happy, rollicking, and fun, more so than he was earlier. A few sad sacks here apparently can't stand that - tough toenails. Sanjaya won't be the next American Idol, but he's fun to listen to, and well worthwhile.

lol acorn. I don't think anyone is serious about hating him,but you have to admit,he doesn't have the voice that the others do. If he did win,I don't think he would be around long. He would be like the Backsstreet Boys or New Kids were.

Mr. P
03-30-2007, 01:55 PM

:laugh2: Tone deaf an a poor judge of talent are ya?:poke:

You are correct however, Sanjaya won't be the next American Idol.

Little-Acorn
03-30-2007, 04:36 PM
:laugh2: Tone deaf an a poor judge of talent are ya?:poke:

Don't tell the professional orchestras I've played French horn with. They'll cancel my newsletter subscriptions, and I'll lose all my students. :lol:

As I said, Sanjaya is happy, rollicking (now), and fun to listen to. With a possible exception for a few people who pick very good performers apart, find the slightest half-second intonation problem or missed breath, and use it as an excuse to bash and trash him beyond recognition as if he were the worst they've ever heard. But those grumpy mudslingers are in a tiny minority. I feel sorry for them and their inability to enjoy genuine entertainment. Most people get a kick out of all of the AI top ten, as repeated votes show.

Mr. P
03-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Don't tell the professional orchestras I've played French horn with. They'll cancel my newsletter subscriptions, and I'll lose all my students. :lol:

As I said, Sanjaya is happy, rollicking (now), and fun to listen to. With a possible exception for a few people who pick very good performers apart, find the slightest half-second intonation problem or missed breath, and use it as an excuse to bash and trash him beyond recognition as if he were the worst they've ever heard. But those grumpy mudslingers are in a tiny minority. I feel sorry for them and their inability to enjoy genuine entertainment. Most people get a kick out of all of the AI top ten, as repeated votes show.

He is the worst on the show. Give the money back to those you teach.:poke:

Little-Acorn
03-31-2007, 02:36 PM
He is the worst on the show. Give the money back to those you teach.:poke:

Thump your chest all you like. And you are approaching the point where a little advice on where you can poke that tree branch, would be in order. But all the "worst on the show" got kicked out weeks or months ago. All the ones left now have voices and talent ranging from good to outstanding. Sanjaya is only "good", but he's still good.

I know it's macho to pretend that anything less than perfect, is automatically dreadful and terrible, even when it isn't. But save it for the schoolyard.

Mr. P
03-31-2007, 03:55 PM
Thump your chest all you like. And you are approaching the point where a little advice on where you can poke that tree branch, would be in order. But all the "worst on the show" got kicked out weeks or months ago. All the ones left now have voices and talent ranging from good to outstanding. Sanjaya is only "good", but he's still good.

I know it's macho to pretend that anything less than perfect, is automatically dreadful and terrible, even when it isn't. But save it for the schoolyard.

:laugh2: Nope, and this ole vocalist can tell the French horn player that Sanjaya SUCKS.:D

Mr. P
04-03-2007, 08:03 PM
1. Ok, Blake was ok, hate the song though; I had to sing it a lot myself.
2. Phil Stacey, I didn’t like his annunciation. Blah..
3. Melinda, Gawd what talent!
4. Chris Richardson, BORING!
5. Jordin Sparks, she’s great for 17 years old!
6. Gina Glocksen….Forgettable
7. Sanjaya…kill him please!
8. Haley Scarnato, nice tits don’t make a great singer. She was OK.
9. LaKisha Jones! Just FANTASTIC!

Hugh Lincoln
04-03-2007, 08:37 PM
1. Ok, Blake was ok, hate the song though; I had to sing it a lot myself.
2. Phil Stacey, I didn’t like his annunciation. Blah..
3. Melinda, Gawd what talent!
4. Chris Richardson, BORING!
5. Jordin Sparks, she’s great for 17 years old!
6. Gina Glocksen….Forgettable
7. Sanjaya…kill him please!
8. Haley Scarnato, nice tits don’t make a great singer. She was OK.
9. LaKisha Jones! Just FANTASTIC!

1. He's OK.
2. He looks like he's undergoing chemo.
3. She has no neck.
4. He's a backstreet boy.
5. Competent.
6. Can't believe she can't drop the punk thing for one damn night.
7. Fruity.
8. Yes, she's hot but anonymous.
9. Good singer.

Final will pit Blake v. Jordin Sparks.

Abbey Marie
04-03-2007, 10:54 PM
Jordin has it all. Fantastic voice, young, and cute. Winner!

krisy
04-04-2007, 05:29 AM
Jordin has it all. Fantastic voice, young, and cute. Winner!

I missed it last night,but so far,I have been very impressed with her. She has a fantastic voice,and I think deserves a chance to win.

theHawk
04-04-2007, 08:36 AM
I couldn't understand why the judges loved all those male performances, I thought they were all horrible. Although I'd love to see Sanjaya booted I think the bald guy did even worse than him. I wish they'd just boot both of them.
It doesn't suprise me though that the overseas people are voting in droves for Sanjaya. Kind of like how Yao Ming gets the #1 votes in all-star even though he isn't anywhere near the best player in the nba. They should be limiting votes to America, we're not watching to see "Indian Idol".

GW in Ohio
04-04-2007, 09:33 AM
1. He's OK.
2. He looks like he's undergoing chemo.
3. She has no neck.
4. He's a backstreet boy.
5. Competent.
6. Can't believe she can't drop the punk thing for one damn night.
7. Fruity.
9. Good singer.

Final will pit Blake v. Jordin Sparks.

Sanjaya....."fruity"?

He is a number of things.....annoying......mediocre......a twit......

But "fruity"? What's your definition of "fruity"? Someone who's skinny?

krisy
04-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Sanjaya....."fruity"?

He is a number of things.....annoying......mediocre......a twit......

But "fruity"? What's your definition of "fruity"? Someone who's skinny?

You gotta admit,he's a little feminine:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
04-04-2007, 10:55 AM
You gotta admit,he's a little feminine:laugh2:

I thought so too.

:dance:

5stringJeff
04-04-2007, 12:45 PM

That's a great way to describe her. Yeah, she is hot, but she looks like any other hot 18-year-old chick you'd see at the mall.

theHawk
04-04-2007, 12:49 PM
That's a great way to describe her. Yeah, she is hot, but she looks like any other hot 18-year-old chick you'd see at the mall.

She's engaged too.:lame2:

:laugh2:

5stringJeff
04-04-2007, 12:56 PM
She's engaged too.:lame2:

:laugh2:

That'll last about as long as Britney and Kevin-the-No-Hit-Wonder.

-Cp
04-04-2007, 01:29 PM
LOL! This is why Sanjaya is still on there :P

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1555113/20070320/index.jhtml

LMAO!!!!!! GO HOWARD!! :)

Little-Acorn
04-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Akisha, Melinda, and Jordin continued their trend of out-singing the rest of the field. Haley keeps trying to be sexy as well as musical, which has kept her in so far, but she's not good enough to win agains tthe top 3 girls.

Either Blake or the bald buy will get voted out tonight. Blake put himself behind the 8-ball by picking the most boring song ever written - Simon was wrong about song choice for Blake. All the guys are "good", but Jordin is excellent, and Melinda an Akisha are outstanding. Sanjaya's performance last night was "good", not particularly great, but probably slightly better than the other guys.

The only way Akisha might not win, is if she gets voted off for her chronically sullen, uncaring attitude. That aside, she is unquestionably the best singer there, in a class by herself musically. Melinda is her alter ego - bright, hopeful, charming, earnest, and almost as good a signer as Akisha. Jordin is excellent, too - Melinda edges her mostly due to attitude.

The top three will be those three girls, unless one of them unexpectedly screws up AND Blake or Sanjaya come up with attention-grabbing performances like they did once or twice before. But the winner will definitely be a girl this year. Most likely Akisha, Melinda 2nd, Jordin a very close 3rd.

Mr. P
04-04-2007, 06:24 PM
I agree, either Lakisha, Melinda or Jordin will win. I can't make my pick yet though, I remember in the first season seeing a girl eliminated, fairly early on, that was very good.

We'll see.

Little-Acorn
04-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Well, the clock is ticking on the east coast.

Who is safe?

Who is toast?

Hugh Lincoln
04-04-2007, 09:14 PM
I'm not sad Gina lost. From the beginning, I thought she was a tad too... aggressive. She kept saying things like, "Damn right I'll win," or "I deserve to be here", etc. She was a good singer. But combine that with her attitude and the dumb red hair dye/punk thing, and I just wasn't in to her.

I guess the other contestants liked her, though, 'cause they all came over to say goodbye. Sniff, sniff.

Mr. P
04-04-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm not sad Gina lost. From the beginning, I thought she was a tad too... aggressive. She kept saying things like, "Damn right I'll win," or "I deserve to be here", etc. She was a good singer. But combine that with her attitude and the dumb red hair dye/punk thing, and I just wasn't in to her.

I guess the other contestants liked her, though, 'cause they all came over to say goodbye. Sniff, sniff.

I hated the tongue piercing too..and all three of em need to go (IMO) so it didn't matter which one it was tonight.

You did note the top three, Lakisha, Melinda and Jordin. Perfect.

theHawk
04-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Hailey escapes by the skin of her....legs....again.
The local news channels are always promoting her like we're supposed to vote for her just because she is from here.

Trigg
04-05-2007, 04:32 PM
I can't even watch the show anymore. The indian kid hasn't even been in the bottom 3 for what 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE CAN'T SING......VOTE HIM OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT this point I don't even care if they start rigging the votes.

theHawk
04-06-2007, 07:55 AM
This year alot of people are voting for the worst singer just to screw up the show lol.

Mr. P
04-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Well, I don't like Latin music so......I'm out this week.

5stringJeff
04-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Latin music is hard to get if you don't feel the beat. Only a couple of them have really "got it."

Abbey Marie
04-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Haley gets worse every week. She must be the next to go...

Little-Acorn
04-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Well, who got voted off tonight?

My guess is, Hayley nuked herself last night - she wasn't all that together. And long legs and a cheery smile can only take you so far.

My predictions from last week remain unchanged. Akisha is the most likely winner, despite her occasionally-sullen attitude. She is clearly the best singer this year. Melinda and Jordin will round out the top three, unless one of them screws up unexpectedly.

If one of the above three does screw up, then there's a slight chance that Blake will edge into the top three. Also a slight chance for the bald guy or Sanjaya.

Sanjaya reverted to his too-sweet-guy persona last night. Maybe he did it for the contrast. If so, I hope he considers that done now, and gets back into more aggressive, rollicking songs. If he does, he will stay around longer. If not, he will be the next one voted off, next week.

Mr. P
04-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Well, who got voted off tonight?

My guess is, Hayley nuked herself last night - she wasn't all that together. And long legs and a cheery smile can only take you so far.

My predictions from last week remain unchanged. Akisha is the most likely winner, despite her occasionally-sullen attitude. She is clearly the best singer this year. Melinda and Jordin will round out the top three, unless one of them screws up unexpectedly.

If one of the above three does screw up, then there's a slight chance that Blake will edge into the top three. Also a slight chance for the bald guy or Sanjaya.

Sanjaya reverted to his too-sweet-guy persona last night. Maybe he did it for the contrast. If so, I hope he considers that done now, and gets back into more aggressive, rollicking songs. If he does, he will stay around longer. If not, he will be the next one voted off, next week.
Yup it was Haley. She was my pick to go too....but I'm pissed!!!!

Is this "American" Idol or Mexican Idol? I can't believe they allowed Lopez to sing a song totally in Spanish!!!!!!!!!

It's a good example of how far gone we are.

Mr. P
04-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Before the Judges opinions I promise, (for what it’s worth) my opinion is….

Phil Stacey…seems like country may be his thing. A bit mediocre maybe.

Jordon Sparks…country with soul!?

Sanjaya…Not country! Is it? And he sucked at it!

Lakisa Jones ….Damn good! But not on that song..IMO

Chris Richardson…Hated the song. Boring…

Melinda Doolittle…Great! I didn’t like the song..She almost made like it though.

Blake Lewis…Aaaaa I didn’t like it. yuke!

Little-Acorn
04-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Is it just me, or did anyone else notice how grossly out of tune the fiddle player was in Chris Richardson's song?

The fiddle player stood at the front of the stage, and cameras zoomed in on him. He started playing several measures before Chris started singing. And he was a quarter step flat to the rest of the band. And he never changed it throughout the performance!

God help Chris in a situation like that. There's no way he could sound in tune when he had to pick and choose which part of the band to be in tune with. And the judges did gig him for "pitch problems".

Chris actually sang pretty well, but the pitch problems were grating. And there was nothing on earth Chris could have done about it.

The fiddle player was still out of tune two singers later, but in that song the singer dominated the band, so it wasn't so obvious.

Akisha didn't do as well as usual, she was merely "good". But she won't be voted out - her past performances were far too good.

Sanjaya is toast this time. Jackson called it right - his performance was total karaoke. He didn't recover well enough from his unfortunate "sweet" performance last week. He needs more power and versatility, and he didn't show it this week, unlike a couple weeks ago, If not Sanjaya, then maybe Chris is out.

Abbey Marie
04-18-2007, 02:14 PM
I'll stick to my past prediction that Jordin Sparks will win it.

Mr. P
04-18-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm thinking one of these three will go tonight.

Sanjaya, Chris or Blake.

Little-Acorn
04-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Well, time's up. I can't get Idol where I am. Who got the axe?

Abbey Marie
04-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Well, time's up. I can't get Idol where I am. Who got the axe?

Sanjaya. And he cried.

Pale Rider
04-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Sanjaya. And he cried.

Thank GOD! Little sissie. It's still to air here on the west coast. I'll have to watch it, in about 5 minutes.

Mr. P
04-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Again, before the Judges speak. My opinion.

Chris...Boring for me.

Melinda…What can you say? Hated the song, BUT, She’s great! What Power!

Blake…Song sucks and always has, IMO…so did he.

Lakisha…Took a crap song and made it ok. .Shes gotta be good to do that.

Phil… Started good but lost it in the middle…down hill from there.

Jordin…She’s great. (But I hope she doesn’t win. It would ruin her life).

gabosaurus
04-24-2007, 08:50 PM
The "Idol Underground" has declared that results are already decided. Melinda is the winner.
Having never watched AI, my question is -- is Melinda a worthy champion?

5stringJeff
04-24-2007, 09:41 PM
The "Idol Underground" has declared that results are already decided. Melinda is the winner.
Having never watched AI, my question is -- is Melinda a worthy champion?

She's the best, IMO.

Little-Acorn
04-25-2007, 10:41 AM
I didn't see the singing last night, so I can't make any predictions of who will get the boot today. What was the theme? Last week was "country". This week?

I've said for many weeks now, that Akisha, Melinda, and Jordan would likely be the top 3, with Akish winning it all. Her singing quality is a cut above the rest. But Mr. P's description of her performance as "OK" worries me. If true, this is what, they third week she has been merely "OK"? And last week she was in the BOTTOM three, which was astonishing for someone as good as she is, or has been. Song choice can nuke an otherwise-good singer - she has to get that right, too.

I believe Akisha is the best of them all. But she had better put together some performances like those of several weeks ago, or else, sh*t may happen. To HER.

Mr. P
04-25-2007, 11:30 AM
I didn't see the singing last night, so I can't make any predictions of who will get the boot today. What was the theme? Last week was "country". This week?

I've said for many weeks now, that Akisha, Melinda, and Jordan would likely be the top 3, with Akish winning it all. Her singing quality is a cut above the rest. But Mr. P's description of her performance as "OK" worries me. If true, this is what, they third week she has been merely "OK"? And last week she was in the BOTTOM three, which was astonishing for someone as good as she is, or has been. Song choice can nuke an otherwise-good singer - she has to get that right, too.

I believe Akisha is the best of them all. But she had better put together some performances like those of several weeks ago, or else, sh*t may happen. To HER.

I believe the theme was inspirational songs. One guy sang "Imagine" the John Lennin song.

Song choice was the problem with Lakisha, same as last week IMO.
But still I think the three girls Lakisha, Jordin and Melinda all did better than the guys.

IMO a guy will go tonight, we'll see.

Little-Acorn
04-25-2007, 11:43 AM
I believe the theme was inspirational songs.

Damn. What a golden opportunity.

If someone had sung "Proud to be an American", it would have brought down the house.

One way or another..... :coffee:

Mr. P
04-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Damn. What a golden opportunity.

If someone had sung "Proud to be an American", it would have brought down the house.

One way or another..... :coffee:

Yer right!

Abbey Marie
04-25-2007, 12:30 PM
I think Lakisha's going home tonight.

Mr. P
04-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Elvis is ALIVE!!!!

Abbey Marie
04-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Elvis is ALIVE!!!!

And Simon was quoted regarding his singing: "If I'm being honest here, it was kind of a dead performance".

Mr. P
04-25-2007, 10:55 PM
And Simon was quoted regarding his singing: "If I'm being honest here, it was kind of a dead performance".

:laugh2: I like Simon, he's brutally honest.

Abbey Marie
04-25-2007, 11:04 PM
Maybe next week, they'll find a clip of the Elephant Man performing "Eyes Without a Face"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/27/TheElephantManposter.jpg/200px-TheElephantManposter.jpg

Mr. P
04-26-2007, 08:31 AM
I am not happy with how this show treats the contestants or the viewing audience.

Last night they strung us all along for what ended up being a two hour charity drive and no more. Those poor contestants had to endure the pressure of elimination for two hours too. I think it's cruel to treat them like that.

Sure they're in the competition willingly but geeezzzz.

That's me vent.

Little-Acorn
04-26-2007, 11:05 AM
I am not happy with how this show treats the contestants or the viewing audience.

Last night they strung us all along for what ended up being a two hour charity drive and no more. Those poor contestants had to endure the pressure of elimination for two hours too. I think it's cruel to treat them like that.

Sure they're in the competition willingly but geeezzzz.

That's me vent.

There's always the OFF button.

But yeah, the producers seem to be getting awfully full of themselves lately. Why is it that, when they stumble upon a formula that yields the most-watched show in American hisotry, they decide they have to change it? If they were so smart with their ideas, all shows would have ratings like AI.

The good news is, they raised $30M or more. The bad news is, by this time next year, the people it "helped" will be back to the same state they are now. That kind of cash looks impressive, but in the long run it's just another feel-good ploy. How much of it will go toward finding out WHY poverty and misery are the norm in those countries, and curing THAT problem?

Mr. P
04-26-2007, 11:19 AM
There's always the OFF button.

But yeah, the producers seem to be getting awfully full of themselves lately. Why is it that, when they stumble upon a formula that yields the most-watched show in American hisotry, they decide they have to change it? If they were so smart with their ideas, all shows would have ratings like AI.

The good news is, they raised $30M or more. The bad news is, by this time next year, the people it "helped" will be back to the same state they are now. That kind of cash looks impressive, but in the long run it's just another feel-good ploy. How much of it will go toward finding out WHY poverty and misery are the norm in those countries, and curing THAT problem?

Ya I know the off button, that's not the point.

Another thing on this charity drive, I agree it won't make any difference in a year. I've see these same videos of poor kids in Africa for 40 years...And the plea for $$$ is always here it seems..My question is WTF is their own Country doing for them? The answer is ZIP!

It's a great example of how tossing $$$$ at a problem never works, even if it's out of the goodness of your heart.

Sitarro
04-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Again, before the Judges speak. My opinion.

Chris...Boring for me.

I hate Justin Timberlake, I hate Justin Timberlake wannabes. Anyone with a full head of hair that cuts it to look like a new recruit on purpose looks like a psycho, Phil must hate him for that. A sweatshirt under a sports coat in the middle of spring while we are going through global warming????? PSYCHO!!!!He has the same cut as that pile of shit Korean that murdered those 32 students.......PSYCHO!!!!!!

Melinda…What can you say? Hated the song, BUT, She’s great! What Power!

She really is a great vocalist, not the same old thing....better buttttt....she needs a neck transplant.
Blake…Song sucks and always has, IMO…so did he[/QUOTE].

Always the turned up collar? The way he stares at the camera trying his hardest to be sexy??? Creepy and the noises he makes......PSYCHO!!!!

Lakisha…Took a crap song and made it ok. .Shes gotta be good to do that.

Great singer but belongs in a church singing Gospel, I think the producers learned a lot by picking a large black person(Ruben Studdard) so I doubt she will make it.

Phil… Started good but lost it in the middle…down hill from there.

He's a white boy that shaved his head, never works. His voice is alright but really,an American idol?

Jordin…She’s great. (But I hope she doesn’t win. It would ruin her life).

Simon has given it to her to win and he is usually right, the last couple of weeks she has really stepped it up. Being 17 she might help the show with future audiences. Ryan looks like he has a real crush on her but I am afraid it would be she who would crush him if he wasn't a fag and she got on top of him.:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: Kelly Clarkson has done very well since winning the first one. I understand where you think she might be too young and end up like Britney or Lindsey or any of the other "eys" but, even though she has a great voice, a natural ability to work a camera and is very pretty, she isn't a sex symbol. That is what hurts those other girls, they have much less talent and are stuck having to promote their bodies..... she has the voice and the stage presence and will probably not fall into that trap of having to be a slut to stay in front of the cameras. Her life is already changed by getting this close and I have no doubt she and her parents are already looking at offers, it shouldn't be that different if she wins.

Just my observations. I actually missed last night's show.

-Cp
04-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Is this just me or ???

The last couple of nights they ran the "Idol Gives back" episodes... however, I couldn't help but be overwhelmed with the though "I wonder how much these folks from the show (the judges, Ryan etc) are giving themselves...

It seemed so fake to me - even my youngest son goes "Dad, howcome they call the show "Idol Gives back" when in fact its the people across America that they're asking to do the giving"?

Mr. P
04-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Is this just me or ???

The last couple of nights they ran the "Idol Gives back" episodes... however, I couldn't help but be overwhelmed with the though "I wonder how much these folks from the show (the judges, Ryan etc) are giving themselves...

It seemed so fake to me - even my youngest son goes "Dad, howcome they call the show "Idol Gives back" when in fact its the people across America that they're asking to do the giving"?

With ya.

EDIT: and that whole "Gives Back" stuff is bleeding heart left..Give back implies they TOOK something to start with.

-Cp
04-26-2007, 01:13 PM
i'm tellin ya - and as my wife pointed out "Notice that they always show the crying kids"? Totally playing the emotional card...

Mr. P
04-26-2007, 01:35 PM
i'm tellin ya - and as my wife pointed out "Notice that they always show the crying kids"? Totally playing the emotional card...

Yup. I'm tired of it myself...over 40 years of seeing the same thing..Like I said..WTF is their Country doing for them!

Abbey Marie
04-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Were donations made as part of voting for the singers? I'll bet the show's ability to charge huge advertising fees is tied to the number of votes cast. It's virtual proof people are watching the show. Soooo, the more people donate to the charity, the more money Idol producers make from advertisers. If I am wrong about this, let me know.

And by leading people into thinking someone would be eliminated last night, they ensured a much larger audience than if they had told the truth about the evening up front.

I don't usually like to judge motives, but it's very hard to take these people seriously.

Mr. P
05-01-2007, 07:57 PM
This week Rock…Yuke.

Phil…Not bad but, He’d be better if you didn’t have too watch him.

Jordin…I donno the song, but damn girl! A 17 year old stick of DINOMITE!

Lakisha…Damn that power!!! Hated the song though.

Blake…I didn’t like it, but I think he did well.

Chris…Didn’t like it.

Melinda…The best tonight, IMO.

-Cp
05-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Tonight definitley belonged to Melinda and Blake.... best two (by far) of the night...

Mr. P
05-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Tonight definitley belonged to Melinda and Blake.... best two (by far) of the night...

I don't care for Blake or Cris, but I think you're right, CP.

Who do you think will go tomorrow?

-Cp
05-02-2007, 01:04 AM
I don't care for Blake or Cris, but I think you're right, CP.

Who do you think will go tomorrow?

I think it'll be Jordin and the bald dude..

krisy
05-02-2007, 07:03 AM
Holy cow,I didn't know Jon Bon Jovi was on . They just said on Fox that all the songs last night were his? He will be performing tonight. I will have to flip back and forth between Idol and theReds game....they are finally on a winning streak again.

They have been my favorite band since I was 13 years old.

Little-Acorn
05-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Jordin hurt herself last night. Damned shame, since she has been consistently good. But she picked a song that had a very wide pitch range, and then showed that her range wasn't quite up to it. The song started with low pitches, and she was weak on them. Later the key change and higher notes, where she was her usual great self. But the song lagged badly until the last 1/3 or so. A poor song choice in retrospect.

Lakisha didn't do herself any favors, either. She took a song that wasn't meant to be powerful and dominating, and she powerfully dominated it. This wasn't a question of poor song choice. It was actually a good song for her to pick - I believe she can sing anything - but she then used the wrong style on it.

Melinda was great.

Blake was interesting. I frankly didn't care for his interpretations much, but as the judges said, it was a brave thing to do, and he did about as well as it could be done. Given his odd interpretation, I call last night's performance the "Sanjaya's hair" performance of Blake's career on AI.

Bald guy was very good.

Who gets nuked this time?

Well, hopefully Jordin's votes from last week will boost her out of the bottom spot tomorrow. She really doesn't deserve to go. Her quality has been consistently top tier, except for last night. Her overall record is much better than all the guys, and right up there with Lakisha and Melinda. I didn't see the singing last week, so can't tell.

Judging from this week's performaces alone, either Jordin (sob) or Chris will go. But hopefully Jordin's score from last week will save her.

Astonishingly, Lakisha has had the most consistently POOR performances among the women, of the last several weeks. I still think she's the best singer there, but she hasn't been the best performer. I've said all along, that the competition is hers to lose - if she consistently does well, no one else there can touch her. But for the last 4 performances, she has not done all that well IMHO.

Melinda looks like the shining star at this point.

Abbey Marie
05-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Jordin had her only bad night so far. Melinda sounded like she was bringing up phlegm last night. Surprisingly bad performance for her.

Last night showed that almost all have their limitations. The bald guy was actually good last night, as was Lakisha, but I still think one of them will go home.

Mr. P
05-02-2007, 10:55 AM
LA, you know they're tossing two tonight.

-Cp
05-02-2007, 11:30 AM
It's my prediction that the final two will be Blake amd Melinda - with Melinda winning it from a vocal standpoint, however, Blake is far and away the best entertainer.

-Cp
05-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Oh and here's Blake's performance last night - the dude's a pimp:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-KazhPADt88"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-KazhPADt88" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Little-Acorn
05-02-2007, 11:50 AM
LA, you know they're tossing two tonight.

Oops, damn, forgot that.

If Jordin did well enough last week, then Chris and Blake will go, or possibly Chris and Lakisha, which would be earth-shaking.

If Jordin didn't do so well last week, then maybe Chris and Jordin will go, which would be a REAL shame on Jordin's part.

-Cp
05-02-2007, 11:59 AM
And here's Melinda....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NyEEFNKJ7Dk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NyEEFNKJ7Dk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

krisy
05-02-2007, 12:05 PM
I thought Blake sounded great while actually singing the song.I never thought tho that I would hear someone be bopping one of their songs!!! Sorry,I don't know what that is called that he does in the mic. Not so sure that fits into a rock song?!!

Was brave of him,I'll say that.

-Cp
05-02-2007, 12:07 PM
I thought Blake sounded great while actually singing the song.I never thought tho that I would hear someone be bopping one of their songs!!! Sorry,I don't know what that is called that he does in the mic. Not so sure that fits into a rock song?!!

Was brave of him,I'll say that.

Well I liked it TONS and I'm not a hip-hop guy at all - in fact, I believe that's the best performance by any contestant ever on American Idol..

I liked it because he made it his own and didn't try and copy-cat anything....

krisy
05-02-2007, 12:17 PM
ALl right,Melinda sounded great with that song. Especially considering how out of her element she is with this kind of music.

gabosaurus
05-02-2007, 03:45 PM
According to "AI Underground," (which has already leaked that Melinda is the new American Idol winner), the next contestants to be booted off will be Blake, Lakisha and Chris.
Does that sound right?

-Cp
05-02-2007, 04:12 PM
According to "AI Underground," (which has already leaked that Melinda is the new American Idol winner), the next contestants to be booted off will be Blake, Lakisha and Chris.
Does that sound right?

How can they predict the winner when the finale of the show this season hasn't even been taped yet let alone voted on?

Mr. P
05-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Phil... will be great for country music. He has limits. IMO

Chris..he wasn't very good, neither is Blake.

Bye, bye. It comes down to one. It'll be a girl.

krisy
05-02-2007, 09:08 PM
I watched all the performances on youtube today and I thought every one of them was good.

Sad seeing Chris go. He doesn't have a rock voice,but sang Wanted Dead or Alive pretty well I thought. I also thought that was Phil's best performance

-Cp
05-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Chris..he wasn't very good, neither is Blake.

WTH? Blake is FAR and away the best male in the group this year....

Fountainhead
05-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Melinda is the FAVORITE at 6/5 odds

http://www.bodog.com/sports-betting/tv-film-movie-props.jsp

My advice ... don't bet against the bookmakers. cause youze gonna looze

gabosaurus
05-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Like most "reality shows," AI is scripted. The program can't go on totally live because prime time TV has so many ridiculous "decency standards."
Also, they have to be able to write in all those "zingers" you hear from Simon. It's not like he is shooting those off the top of his head.
Sorry dudes, but your "votes" mean nada. It's already determined.
But it's good television! :cheers2:

Mr. P
05-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Like most "reality shows," AI is scripted. The program can't go on totally live because prime time TV has so many ridiculous "decency standards."
Also, they have to be able to write in all those "zingers" you hear from Simon. It's not like he is shooting those off the top of his head.
Sorry dudes, but your "votes" mean nada. It's already determined.
But it's good television! :cheers2:

Now what does any of that have to do with personal opinion about each singer. :slap:

Jon
05-03-2007, 09:58 AM

:stupid:

gabosaurus
05-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Absolutely zero! But since this is an AI thread, I was presenting a point about AI.
Enjoy the program! :cheers2:

Mr. P
05-03-2007, 10:01 AM

He may be the 'best male' singer in the group this year, but he ain't the best singer in the group. :)

Mr. P
05-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Absolutely zero! But since this is an AI thread, I was presenting a point about AI.
Enjoy the program! :cheers2:

I do. :laugh2:

Little-Acorn
05-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Does that sound right?

Well, I believe that takes care of the accuracy of predictions from "sources" like AI Underground.

We can do better by flipping a coin.

I was very surprised by the bald guy getting voted off. I thought he did very well on Tuesday. Didn't see him (or any other performers) the week before, though. Did he do badly then?

Not that surprised by Chris. He just wasn't quite in the others' league.

Very happy that Jordin didn't get nailed. She didn't do well on Tuesday, but has been consistently excellent every other time I've seen her.

Lakisha needs to get her act together, and pronto.

Is next week "70s music" themed? They said they'd have Barry Gibb there, you can't get much more 70s than that.

Hagbard Celine
05-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Everytime I watch this show I can actually feel my braincells dying. *shudders* I can hear their screams.

Mr. P
05-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Everytime I watch this show I can actually feel my braincells dying. *shudders* I can hear their screams.

Stop watching. You don't have enough braincells as it is.

Hagbard Celine
05-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Stop watching. You don't have enough braincells as it is.

I don't own a television anyway. I find reading is much more fulfilling.

Mr. P
05-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Before the judges as always.

Melinda…#1.Very good!
#2. Beautiful, just Beautiful!

Blake… #1 Sucked!
#2. Errrr boring. Stop already!

Lakisha… #1 If you can make a Gib song interesting she did ok.
#2. Better than #1 song, but not as good as Melinda or Jordin tonight.

Jordin… .#1 Excellent!!! * I’m starting to wonder if she really is 17.*
#2. Outstanding!!!!

Little-Acorn
05-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Blake nuked himself last night. The beat-box stuff is a novelty... or was, the first few times.

Lakisha was OK, but that's not what I normally expect from her. Pretty good performance until the last few notes, which were very out-of-tune. Or "pitchy", as Randy might say. Lakisha was a flawless powerhouse for the first six weeks or so. But for the last several performances, she has been strangely flawed. She has been unable to put together the 100% performances she used to deliver with such ease.

Jordin: Beautiful. Anyone who can make a BeeGees song sound that good, deserves to win.

Melinda: See "Jordin". But Jordin held a slight edge over her.

Blake will be out tonight. And if she doesn't get her act together in a hurry, Lakisha will be out next week.

Mr. P
05-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Blake nuked himself last night. The beat-box stuff is a novelty... or was, the first few times.

Lakisha was OK, but that's not what I normally expect from her. Pretty good performance until the last few notes, which were very out-of-tune. Or "pitchy", as Randy might say. Lakisha was a flawless powerhouse for the first six weeks or so. But for the last several performances, she has been strangely flawed. She has been unable to put together the 100% performances she used to deliver with such ease.

Jordin: Beautiful. Anyone who can make a BeeGees song sound that good, deserves to win.

Melinda: See "Jordin". But Jordin held a slight edge over her.

Blake will be out tonight. And if she doesn't get her act together in a hurry, Lakisha will be out next week.

I'm thinking Blake too.

Mr. P
05-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Jordin...She just can't be 17! Fantastic!
Second song was darn good too!
Third…Speechless!

Blake…Screaming, but not good screaming…Sux. IMO.
Second song…He did that bop stuff (or whatever they call it) again, is that all he has?
Third…errrrr…that stuff again, but it wasn’t bad this time.

Melinda…OMG she’s great!
Second…I don’t like the song but…Home run!
Third…Another OMG!

My opinions for this week.

-Cp
05-16-2007, 02:55 AM
Who do you think did the best tonight?

Little-Acorn
05-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Well, I blew it last week. I predicted Blake would be out, but Lakisha got the axe. That throws the field wide open. Lakisha was the strongest singer of the bunch, with the most natural talent, but her choice of styles seemed a little limited. Maybe that's why she went?

Fast forward to present day. All three were great last night. This is crunch time - judging by last night alone, none of them deserves to lose.

But the two girls have been more consistently good than Blake has. Blake has been getting better, but he really needs to lay off the beat-box stuff. OK, it's a novelty, and now we know he can do it. So it's time to get serious, Blake... but you did the beat-boxing in all three songs.

Blake will be out tonight, but not by much. Melinda and Jordin will duke it out for the top spot. My prediction now is that Melinda will be the American Idol, by a shade of a shade. But I don't have great confidence in that prediction. Both are terrific, and they are running neck and neck at this point. It's a shame one of them has to lose.

Mr. P
05-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Well, I blew it last week. I predicted Blake would be out, but Lakisha got the axe. That throws the field wide open. Lakisha was the strongest singer of the bunch, with the most natural talent, but her choice of styles seemed a little limited. Maybe that's why she went?

Fast forward to present day. All three were great last night. This is crunch time - judging by last night alone, none of them deserves to lose.

But the two girls have been more consistently good than Blake has. Blake has been getting better, but he really needs to lay off the beat-box stuff. OK, it's a novelty, and now we know he can do it. So it's time to get serious, Blake... but you did the beat-boxing in all three songs.

Blake will be out tonight, but not by much. Melinda and Jordin will duke it out for the top spot. My prediction now is that Melinda will be the American Idol, by a shade of a shade. But I don't have great confidence in that prediction. Both are terrific, and they are running neck and neck at this point. It's a shame one of them has to lose.

I think Blake expected to go home last week. He seemed surprised it wasn't him. I think it will be a girl that wins, which one I donno, like you said they're neck an neck.

-Cp
05-16-2007, 11:06 AM
It's a shame one of them has to lose.

Not really - all 3 of them will have a recording contract coming out of this - heck - if you look at last year, Chris Daughtry came in 3rd yet his career and record sales are killing the top two...

gabosaurus
05-16-2007, 11:06 AM
Has it come down to Blake and Melinda yet? You know the finals has to be a cute guy against a talented girl. That openly splits the voting base and provides for the frantic response that AI needs.

Melinda is already recording her debut album, by the way. Will she be a worthy champion?

Mr. P
05-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Not really - all 3 of them will have a recording contract coming out of this - heck - if you look at last year, Chris Daughtry came in 3rd yet his career and record sales are killing the top two...

That's true, at this point they all win, but only one gets the title..Big deal a title doesn't always mean $$$.

Mr. P
05-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Has it come down to Blake and Melinda yet? You know the finals has to be a cute guy against a talented girl. That openly splits the voting base and provides for the frantic response that AI needs.

Melinda is already recording her debut album, by the way. Will she be a worthy champion?

I think she would be as would Jordin.

-Cp
05-17-2007, 12:58 PM

Melinda was voted off last night.... IMO it should've been Blake even though he seems like a good kid, this is a singing competition and on that merit alone either Jordin or Melinda can outsing him....

If it was an Entertainer competition - then sure, Blake should win it all... he is a really good entertainer..

Abbey Marie
05-17-2007, 01:01 PM
Told ya a long time ago that Jordin is going to win this thing. :)

Melinda was talented and sweet, I wish her well.

Mr. P
05-17-2007, 01:07 PM
I was surprised but at this point they all win anyway really. I think we'll hear a lot of Melinda, Jordin and Lakisha in the future. Just my opinion.

Little-Acorn
05-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Well, two blown calls in a row for me. I predicted Blake would be gone last week, then this week when he survived the last. And now he's survived this week too.

Kind of a shock to me. The two girls were both better singers, though Blake was a little more innovative. That must have been why he's survived. As CP said, if it was a pure singing contest, the two girls would be the finalists.

That would have been a boring last show, though - the two girls have similar styles and qualities. The differences between them are rather small.

But now that the final is Blake vs. Jordin. The differences are huge. It's a real apples-and-oranges comparison. Unless one of them screws up real bad, it will be more a contest of differing style preferences, than differing singing quality.

My final prediction: Blake will lose. For the third straight week. (Since that's my prediction, it probably guarantees Blake's success, given my recent track record)

If Blake does NO beat-boxing, and even switches styles to a powerful serious song (and if he handles such a song WELL), then he may have a chance against Jordin. But I doubt he'll do that.

Jordin will shine, as she almost always does.

Yurt
05-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Blake will win.

This is about an "American Idol." Not just who is the better singer, as Simon routinely points out. The premise of the show is not solely singing, it is being the next "idol." While I like the two girls, blake is unique and has a very talented voice. And that, IMHO, makes an "idol." Whatever "idol" means. Not too be rude, but Doolittle was a "backup" singer. Yes, she has a good voice, but this show is not about producing the next "backup" singer.... Where is the money in that....

Abbey Marie
05-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Yurt, you are right that Blake actually has a good voice. He rarely misses a note, and it has a nice quality to it. His mannerisms detract from all that.
I still think Jordin will win it, though.

Mr. P
05-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Geeezzzzz I don't know, Like Simon said, "One is an entertainer and one is a singer".

Gut feeling is it will be Blake. I don't think he's better than Jordin but a few that didn't make it to tonight are way better than both. IMO

Yurt
05-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Yurt, you are right that Blake actually has a good voice. He rarely misses a note, and it has a nice quality to it. His mannerisms detract from all that.
I still think Jordin will win it, though.

After seeing last nights performance, I agree with you. He is good, but honestly a bit flat in the latter two songs. I missed first one because I was working on something, but my wife told me that it was his best and Simon agreed with my wife in his final comments. I think she will win because her performance of the last song was way above a "singing" competition. Her last final moments on that song were all hers. In those final moments, it was not the song, it was her. It hit me.

Hands down, she wins.

Mr. P
05-23-2007, 08:23 PM
After seeing last nights performance, I agree with you. He is good, but honestly a bit flat in the latter two songs. I missed first one because I was working on something, but my wife told me that it was his best and Simon agreed with my wife in his final comments. I think she will win because her performance of the last song was way above a "singing" competition. Her last final moments on that song were all hers. In those final moments, it was not the song, it was her. It hit me.

Hands down, she wins.

I agree, if only it were up to us it would have been over last night..

Yurt
05-23-2007, 08:48 PM
I agree, if only it were up to us it would have been over last night..

LOL, but then they would have lost millions in commercial fees... Plus, my wife gets the "joy" of watching the finale tonight. Don't blame her. I actually never watched the show, but she has gotten into it, and so have I. I just love to see her laugh and smile. Not a bad show really.

For me, I like the beginning where Simon bashes (most) everyone. Come on, we all know what he says is almost always right. I ignore the middle, but my wife draws me back with the finalists.

This is show is without a doubt one of the greatest shows of our time.

IMHO

Mr. P
05-23-2007, 09:05 PM
WOOT!!! :dance:

Yurt
05-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Here we go......

-Cp
05-23-2007, 10:17 PM
It's Jordin :p

JLO
05-24-2007, 04:05 AM
Yeah this was definetly a girl year! The guys sucked!

5stringJeff
05-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Jordin was a good choice. She'll be a good pop music star, as opposed to Taylor (has he even put out an album?), Carrie (a great country singer), or Fantasia (on Broadway).

Abbey Marie
05-24-2007, 11:30 AM
For me, the best performance of the night, hands down, was Jordin & Ruben's cover of Marvin Gay/Tammi Terrell's hit, "You're All I Need To Get By". They could sell that to me right now.

Mr. P
05-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Jordin was a good choice. She'll be a good pop music star, as opposed to Taylor (has he even put out an album?), Carrie (a great country singer), or Fantasia (on Broadway).

I agree she's a good choice, I expect she'll be very successful. My only concern is her age and the effect that such success may have on her at 17. I hope her parents are smart enough to shield her from the dirty seedy side of the music business. I think they are and I'm sure Idol will be watching out for her too. I hope so anyway.

-Cp
05-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Yeah this was definetly a girl year! The guys sucked!

Ya know - the other night they had Chris Daughtry on the show with his band - my wife and I couldn't help but think just how much he MOPPED the floor with all the contestants this year..

Yes, Taylor has a CD out (http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Hicks/dp/B000IY04S6/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-2675297-5131312?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1180026122&sr=8-1).