PDA

View Full Version : post any quote by any president

actsnoblemartin
06-24-2008, 05:58 PM
explain if the quote inspires you, makes you laugh, or any other reason for posting it.

My favorite quote is by ronald reagan who said: government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem

5stringJeff
06-24-2008, 06:07 PM
"AAAAHHHHH!!!!" - Abraham Lincoln, April 14, 1865

crin63
06-24-2008, 06:09 PM
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

I love our Founding Fathers quotes. They educate us on what their intent and beliefs were.

hjmick
06-24-2008, 06:32 PM
If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read: "President Can't Swim." - Lyndon B. Johnson

hjmick
06-24-2008, 06:39 PM
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help. - Ronald Reagan

crin63
06-24-2008, 06:41 PM
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help. - Ronald Reagan

:clap: Thats a great quote!!!

midcan5
06-24-2008, 06:46 PM
"The unity of Government, which constitutes you one people, is also now dear to you. It is justly so; for it is a main pillar in the edifice of your real independence, the support of your tranquillity at home, your peace abroad; of your safety; of your prosperity; of that very Liberty, which you so highly prize. But as it is easy to foresee, that, from different causes and from different quarters, much pains will be taken, many artifices employed, to weaken in your minds the conviction of this truth; as this is the point in your political fortress against which the batteries of internal and external enemies will be most constantly and actively (though often covertly and insidiously) directed, it is of infinite moment, that you should properly estimate the immense value of your national Union to your collective and individual happiness; that you should cherish a cordial, habitual, and immovable attachment to it; accustoming yourselves to think and speak of it as of the Palladium of your political safety and prosperity; watching for its preservation with jealous anxiety; discountenancing whatever may suggest even a suspicion, that it can in any event be abandoned; and indignantly frowning upon the first dawning of every attempt to alienate any portion of our country from the rest, or to enfeeble the sacred ties which now link together the various parts."

http://www.quotedb.com/speeches/washington-farewell-address

red states rule
06-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have.
Ronald Reagan

PostmodernProphet
06-24-2008, 07:03 PM
"Vote for me next November" - all of them.......

red states rule
06-24-2008, 07:05 PM
We should measure welfare's success by how many people leave welfare, not by how many are added.
Ronald Reagan

midcan5
06-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Alongside Reagan and Bush stands another great man and while he couldn't become president, he understood America.

"How come we choose from just two people for President, and fifty for Miss America?"
"In retrospect it becomes clear that hindsight is definitely overrated!"
"Most people are so lazy, they don't even exercise good judgement!"
"A teacher is someone who talks in our sleep!"
"Getting old is when a narrow waist and a broad mind change places!"
"Thank's to the new welfare bill, the question "Paper or plastic?" now refers to many American's sleeping arrangements!"
"Medical insurance is what allows people to be ill at ease!"

AE Neuman

red states rule
06-24-2008, 07:14 PM
"It depends on how you define "alone" ... there were a lot of times when we were alone, but I never really thought we were."

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is"

excerpts from Bill Clinton's grand jury testimony