PDA

View Full Version : Some Ron Paul Supporters See No Liberty In Bob Barr. Why Are They Wrong?

5stringJeff
06-24-2008, 08:29 PM
This is a great blog post about Bob Barr, and why Ron Paul supporters should vote for him.

-------------

Ever since Bob Barr became the Libertarian Presidential nominee he has been met with venomous criticism from those that can’t let bygones be bygones. There is no such thing as “forgiveness” apparently. Their distrust of Barr blinds and binds them. They are not just letting a golden opportunity for liberty pass them by, but are openly recruiting others to the anti-Barr cause. I feel sorry for their children should they ever make a mistake, own up to the mistake, and denounce it. For as long as they live they will be punished for that mistake no matter what measures they attempt to make up for that mistake.

I support Bob Barr because I believe in human liberty. It seems to me that if one truly believes in liberty then they should also believe in personal redemption. How can one believe in individual liberty but not accept Bob Barr’s own denouncement of his anti-liberty votes? Many of the Ron Paul faithful complained at the seemingly conspiratorial media attacks against Paul during his campaign. Now some of those very same Ron Paul supporters are attacking Barr in a similar fashion. The attacks on Bob Barr have now reached the trite stage. So trite, in fact, that they can be made into a list. Below is the countdown with the lowdown.

Linky (http://www.libertymaven.com/2008/06/23/some-ron-paul-supporters-see-no-liberty-in-bob-barr-why-are-they-wrong/1193/)