PDA

View Full Version : Voters say McCain better suited to handle Iraq than Obama

Yurt
06-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Voters say McCain better suited to handle Iraq than Obama

WASHINGTON (AP) — John McCain's stance on the war is unambiguous: He voted for it, supports the current enhanced U.S. troop presence in Iraq and vigorously opposes any timetable to withdraw.

The public's stance on the war is as equivocal as McCain's is not: A strong majority of Americans oppose it and believe it was wrong in the first place, but more find McCain better suited to handle Iraq than his Democratic presidential rival, Barack Obama.

"He's more experienced militarily," said Ann Burkes, a registered Democrat and retired third-grade teacher from Broken Arrow, Okla. "And I don't know if I agree with stay-the-course (policy), but I think the good probably outweighs the bad with him, experience-wise."

http://news.yahoo.com/page/election-2008-political-pulse-candidates-iraq

interesting

theHawk
06-25-2008, 02:52 PM
Obama doesn't even know what languages are spoken in Afghanistan and Iraq. He is a mental midget on all foreign affairs and everyone knows it.

midcan5
06-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Makes sense, illegal war, McCain support.

06-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Makes sense, illegal war, McCain support.

Nothing illegal about the war. How about you discuss substance rather than repeating your soundbyte over and over. It's not going to be true simply because you repeat it often enough.

mundame
06-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Voters say McCain better suited to handle Iraq than Obama

WASHINGTON (AP) — John McCain's stance on the war is unambiguous: He voted for it, supports the current enhanced U.S. troop presence in Iraq and vigorously opposes any timetable to withdraw.

WaPo right now 6/25, 9:11 P.M.:

4 U.S. Soldiers, Interpreter Killed In Iraq
Deaths bring to 10 number of Americans killed in Iraq since Monday. Iraqi officials say U.S. airstrike killed four members of a family, above.

Ten Americans dead since Monday? Doesn't sound to me as though we're winning in any sense.

They are certainly still fighting! The idea that Iraq is now a haven of peace seems to be ..............wildly premature.

McCain wants to keep us there fighting and fighting these people who blow up our soldiers with remotely triggered bombs, for YEARS? And then when we attack back, we just kill children and their mommies in apartment buildings?

Makes no sense at all. It's shameful behavior. No wonder all the nations of the "Coalition of the Willing" have long since left this disgraceful, losing battleground.

Gaffer
06-25-2008, 08:34 PM
WaPo right now 6/25, 9:11 P.M.:

4 U.S. Soldiers, Interpreter Killed In Iraq
Deaths bring to 10 number of Americans killed in Iraq since Monday. Iraqi officials say U.S. airstrike killed four members of a family, above.

Ten Americans dead since Monday? Doesn't sound to me as though we're winning in any sense.

They are certainly still fighting! The idea that Iraq is now a haven of peace seems to be ..............wildly premature.

McCain wants to keep us there fighting and fighting these people who blow up our soldiers with remotely triggered bombs, for YEARS? And then when we attack back, we just kill children and their mommies in apartment buildings?

Makes no sense at all. It's shameful behavior. No wonder all the nations of the "Coalition of the Willing" have long since left this disgraceful, losing battleground.

It always amazes me how the compost and libs try to villianize the soldiers while making them victims at the same time. And as usual they try to make it sound like the civilians were targeted and makes no mention of how many enemy combatants were hiding there.

There are still thousands of troops from other countries in iraq, just nothing being reported on em, because it would make the Bush administration look good. It must look like the world is against us at all costs.

mundame
06-26-2008, 11:09 AM
There are still thousands of troops from other countries in iraq, just nothing being reported on em, because it would make the Bush administration look good.

No, there aren't. They've all left. I've been keeping track, as each country withdrew its troops. Australia just left. Britain MAY have a few hundred left, down from 40,000, but I think they've nearly all left too, and Britain is the the last out. Everybody else is gone now, all the nations of the "Coalition of the Willing," they've all pulled out their troops.

Back up that "thousands of troops" from our allies fighting with us in Iraq if you can: you can't, because it's not true.

bullypulpit
06-28-2008, 09:51 AM
Nothing illegal about the war. How about you discuss substance rather than repeating your soundbyte over and over. It's not going to be true simply because you repeat it often enough.

Under US treaty obligation, specifically, the UN Charter, the invasion of Iraq was illegal. And in case you've forgotten US treaty obligations are the law of the land according to the Constitution.

<blockquote>International lawyers and anti-war campaigners reacted with astonishment yesterday after the influential Pentagon hawk Richard Perle conceded that the invasion of Iraq had been illegal.

In a startling break with the official White House and Downing Street lines, Mr Perle told an audience in London: "I think in this case international law stood in the way of doing the right thing." - <a href=http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2003/nov/20/usa.iraq1>The Guardian</a></blockquote>

Of course Mr. Perle neglected to mention just HOW invading Iraq was the "right thing". After all, Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 and, as we have since seen, there were no WMD's. So, just how was allowing the Taliban and Al Qaeda...the REAL party responsible for the atrocity of 9/11...escape and reconstitute their forces the "right thing"?

namvet
06-28-2008, 12:05 PM
No, there aren't. They've all left. I've been keeping track, as each country withdrew its troops. Australia just left. Britain MAY have a few hundred left, down from 40,000, but I think they've nearly all left too, and Britain is the the last out. Everybody else is gone now, all the nations of the "Coalition of the Willing," they've all pulled out their troops.

Back up that "thousands of troops" from our allies fighting with us in Iraq if you can: you can't, because it's not true.

and maybe they have little left to shoot at. or is that factored into your conspiracy ?????

AFbombloader
06-28-2008, 12:30 PM

Incorrect. There are more American troops ther than anyone else, but there are a lot of nations that are still supporting. Your facts are wrong.

Iraq War Coalition troop deployment[hide]
Active troops Withdrawn troops Multinational Force Iraq units
United States: 250,000 invasion—158,000 current (1/08)
United Kingdom: 45,000 invasion—4,000 current (4/08)
Poland: 194 invasion—2,500 peak—900 current (2/07)
Australia: 2,000 invasion—~900 current (11/07)
TOTAL INVASION DEPLOYMENT

~297,000 troops

CURRENT DEPLOYMENT BY COUNTRY

South Korea: 3,600 peak—933 current (12/07; deployed 5/03)
Romania: 730 peak—397 current (11/07; deployed 7/03)
El Salvador: 380 peak—280 current (12/07; deployed 8/03)
Czech Republic: 300 peak—99 current (11/07)
Azerbaijan: 250 peak—88 current (9/07)
Georgia: 2,000 troops (12/07; deployed 8/03)
Denmark: 545 peak—50 current (12/07, deployed 4/03)
Mongolia: 180 peak—100 current (2/07; deployed 8/03)
Albania: 120 peak—70 current(10/07; deployed 4/03)
Bosnia and Herzegovina: 37 troops (9/07; deployed 6/05)
Ukraine: 1,650 peak-37 current (2/08; deployed 8/03)
Estonia: 40 troops (12/07; deployed 6/05)
Macedonia: 40 troops (7/07; deployed 7/03)
Kazakhstan: 29 troops (12/07; deployed 9/03)
Moldova: 24 peak—11 current (9/07; deployed 9/03)
Bulgaria: 485 peak—155 current (2/08; deployed 5/03)
Armenia: 46 troops(07/07; deployed 1/05)
Latvia: 136 peak—3 current(10/07; deployed 4/04)
Singapore: 1 troop (deployed 12/03)
Tonga: 55 troops (deployed 7/04)

APPROXIMATE TOTAL DEPLOYMENT AS OF 2/08

166,000 troops (incl. ~10,200 non-U.S.)
APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF CONTRACTORS AS OF 2/08

161,000 contractors: 53% (~85,300) Iraqi, 17% (~27,400) American, 30% (~45,500) Other
Including 20–30,000 mercenaries as of 12/07
NATO Training Mission – Iraq
Countries involved with the NATO training mission, NATO NTM-I
Slovakia: 110 peak (deployed 8/03-withdrawn 12/07)
Lithuania: 120 peak (deployed 6/03—withdrawn 08/07)
Italy: 3,200 peak (deployed 7/03—withdrawn 11/06)
Netherlands: 1,345 troops (deployed 7/03—withdrawn 3/05)
Spain: 1,300 troops (deployed 4/03—withdrawn 4/04)
Japan: 600 troops (deployed 1/04—withdrawn 7/06)
Thailand: 423 troops (deployed 8/03—withdrawn 8/04)
Honduras: 368 troops (deployed 8/03—withdrawn 5/04)
Dominican Republic: 302 troops (withdrawn 5/04)
Hungary: 300 troops (deployed 8/03—withdrawn 3/05)
Nicaragua: 230 troops (deployed 9/03—withdrawn 2/04)
Norway: 150 troops (deployed 7/03—withdrawn 8/06)
Portugal: 128 troops (deployed 11/03—withdrawn 2/05)
New Zealand: 61 troops (deployed 9/03—withdrawn 9/04)
Philippines: 51 troops (deployed 7/03—withdrawn 7/04)
Iceland: 2 troops (deployed 5/03—withdrawal date unknown)

Psychoblues
06-29-2008, 04:05 AM
No, voters don't say that at all. Read it again.

actsnoblemartin
06-29-2008, 04:06 AM
you expect the religion of liberalism and the liberal media to be honest, fat chance

:laugh2:

It always amazes me how the compost and libs try to villianize the soldiers while making them victims at the same time. And as usual they try to make it sound like the civilians were targeted and makes no mention of how many enemy combatants were hiding there.

There are still thousands of troops from other countries in iraq, just nothing being reported on em, because it would make the Bush administration look good. It must look like the world is against us at all costs.

actsnoblemartin
06-29-2008, 04:10 AM
the congress gave bush authorization, so how is it illegal again?

Under US treaty obligation, specifically, the UN Charter, the invasion of Iraq was illegal. And in case you've forgotten US treaty obligations are the law of the land according to the Constitution.

<blockquote>International lawyers and anti-war campaigners reacted with astonishment yesterday after the influential Pentagon hawk Richard Perle conceded that the invasion of Iraq had been illegal.

In a startling break with the official White House and Downing Street lines, Mr Perle told an audience in London: "I think in this case international law stood in the way of doing the right thing." - <a href=http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2003/nov/20/usa.iraq1>The Guardian</a></blockquote>

Of course Mr. Perle neglected to mention just HOW invading Iraq was the "right thing". After all, Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 and, as we have since seen, there were no WMD's. So, just how was allowing the Taliban and Al Qaeda...the REAL party responsible for the atrocity of 9/11...escape and reconstitute their forces the "right thing"?

Psychoblues
06-29-2008, 04:45 AM
We now live in a global type world, thanks to the shortsighted like you, Dynamo. And thanks to you the war is condemned by the majority of the world and thanks to me and those like me it is condemned by most Americans.

the congress gave bush authorization, so how is it illegal again?

The truth hurts and you still ain't shit. The war is based on lies and you continue to defend them? I really thought better of you, dynamo.

Gaffer
06-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Good find AF. They are called coalition forces for a reason.