PDA

View Full Version : Gallup Daily: Obama, McCain Tied at 45%

crin63
06-25-2008, 05:48 PM
PRINCETON, NJ -- The latest Gallup Poll Daily tracking update on the presidential election finds John McCain and Barack Obama exactly tied at 45% among registered voters nationwide.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/108376/Gallup-Daily-Obama-McCain-Tied-45.aspx

midcan5
06-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Good sign, only 45% of the people surveyed are fools, aka, want another four years of the same idiocy.

jimnyc
06-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Good sign, only 45% of the people surveyed are fools, aka, want another four years of the same idiocy.

And some of us don't want a bunch of weasels taking even more of our money to give to their constitu... charities. While not very fond of McCain, it sure as hell beats voting for someone with a complete lack of experience in almost everything government related and wants to use that immaturity to wheel and deal with terrorists and their sponsors.

Gaffer
06-25-2008, 08:44 PM

yep 45% are fools that want to vote for obamanation.

mundame
06-26-2008, 11:23 AM
yep 45% are fools that want to vote for obamanation.

I haven't heard "obamanation" before. Only good thing about this guy's name --- it DOES lend itself to great puns. http://macg.net/emoticons/smilebow.gif

What about the Newsweek poll (Obama 15% ahead) and the L.A. Times poll (Obama 12% ahead)? They were taken this week. Thoughts?

red states rule
06-26-2008, 11:56 AM
I haven't heard "obamanation" before. Only good thing about this guy's name --- it DOES lend itself to great puns. http://macg.net/emoticons/smilebow.gif

What about the Newsweek poll (Obama 15% ahead) and the L.A. Times poll (Obama 12% ahead)? They were taken this week. Thoughts?

There was a huge oversample of Dems. the poll was slanted so Obama would have a big lead

231 Republicans to 324 Democrats, plus 307 independents.

Trigg
06-26-2008, 12:00 PM
There was a huge oversample of Dems. the poll was slanted so Obama would have a big lead

Where do you get those numbers??

red states rule
06-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Where do you get those numbers??

http://www.newsweek.com/id/142469

go to page 8

crin63
06-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Personally polls don't mean squat in my opinion.

I just keep seeing the libs on here mentioning that their Messiah is leading in the polls. Thought I would post it.

mundame

Presumably the numbers reflect numbers in the population: that is, they tried to get even numbers sampled of Dems and GOPers the years when the division was even in terms of people registered to vote.

Now that so many people have left the Republican Party, it's necessary to sample a proportionate number of Dems and GOPers AND INDEPENDENTS, I would think, too ---- as the proportion in the population.

Because if you sample 50% GOP and 50% Dems, but the population is 40% GOP and 60% Dems, the polls would always incorrectly overrepresent Republicans!

I suppose they deal with the Independent problem in some cases by asking if they "lean" Dem or GOP.

mundame
Anyway, I'm guessing this is a bounce for Obama and presumably won't last.

Dukakis and his 17% lead during the summer. That didn't last.

red states rule
06-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Anyway, I'm guessing this is a bounce for Obama and presumably won't last.

Dukakis and his 17% lead during the summer. That didn't last.

Walter Mondull had a double digit lead over Pres Reagan

Pres Reagan won 49 states in his reelection win

Trigg
06-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Presumably the numbers reflect numbers in the population: that is, they tried to get even numbers sampled of Dems and GOPers the years when the division was even in terms of people registered to vote.

Now that so many people have left the Republican Party, it's necessary to sample a proportionate number of Dems and GOPers AND INDEPENDENTS, I would think, too ---- as the proportion in the population.

Because if you sample 50% GOP and 50% Dems, but the population is 40% GOP and 60% Dems, the polls would always incorrectly overrepresent Republicans!

I suppose they deal with the Independent problem in some cases by asking if they "lean" Dem or GOP.

Many, myself included, might be disappointed in our leadership of late, but I don't believe they've actually left the party.

I'm not exactly happy with McCain winning, but I"ll vote for him against Obama and his ideas anyday.

red states rule
06-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Many, myself included, might be disappointed in our leadership of late, but I don't believe they've actually left the party.

I'm not exactly happy with McCain winning, but I"ll vote for him against Obama and his ideas anyday.

Have to choose between Obama and McCain is like deciding if you would rather have a broken leg or a broken arm

mundame
06-26-2008, 12:28 PM

I've left the party; I reregistered from lifelong GOP to Independent in October 2006. It was all just too much misgovernment for me. My hubby is still in (and feels like you, I believe), but won't give them any money anymore.

I have read that a WHOLE lot of people have left the GOP; that it used to be about 50--50, but now the GOP is way down, all because of Bush. If I find stats, I'll post them.

If anybody else has the current breakdown of party membership, save me the trouble.

red states rule
06-26-2008, 12:32 PM
I've left the party; I reregistered from lifelong GOP to Independent in October 2006. It was all just too much misgovernment for me. My hubby is still in (and feels like you, I believe), but won't give them any money anymore.

I have read that a WHOLE lot of people have left the GOP; that it used to be about 50--50, but now the GOP is way down, all because of Bush. If I find stats, I'll post them.

If anybody else has the current breakdown of party membership, save me the trouble.

People have not left the GOP

The GOP left us

I am a life long Ronald Reagan conservative. The reason Republicans lost in 2006 was not because the Dems had better ideas, it was because our elected leaders walked away from Reagan conservatism

Libs scream how Reagan conservatism is dead. It is not. Conservatism wins everytime it is tried. Republicans are acting like Dems thinking it will get them elected

It will not

mundame
06-26-2008, 12:39 PM

The GOP left us

Amen. Amen, amen, amen, amen.

I am a life long Ronald Reagan conservative.

Me, too.

We may be the only two left. http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/happysad.gif

red states rule
06-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Amen. Amen, amen, amen, amen.

Me, too.

We may be the only two left. http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/happysad.gif

Wrong Mundame

There are many of us out here in America. We know full well what will happen if Obama gets in with a liberal Congress

What we have to do if find a Republican cast in the Ronald Reagan mold to clean up the total cluster fuck the Dems will give us in the 2012 election

Hagbard Celine
06-26-2008, 12:43 PM
Personally polls don't mean squat in my opinion.

I just keep seeing the libs on here mentioning that their Messiah is leading in the polls. Thought I would post it.

I love how supporting a candidate = "Messiah" worship to these goof balls :laugh:

red states rule
06-26-2008, 12:45 PM
I love how supporting a candidate = "Messiah" worship to these goof balls :laugh:

Loom at the liberal media. They are not even attempting to conceal their one side biased coverage

They have run countless pics of him with the Halo, and the glow around his head

glockmail
06-26-2008, 12:48 PM
.... http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=255487&postcount=1

mundame
06-26-2008, 01:19 PM
What we have to do if find a Republican cast in the Ronald Reagan mold to clean up the total cluster fuck the Dems will give us in the 2012 election

You are an optimist! That's good.

I have become discouraged, thinking Bush is Tiberius, and after him comes Caligula, Nero...........

It's all only going to get worse.

However, you've got a better attitude.

Really, I did think all along that a third party or independent would pop up in this power vacuum, but it didn't happen. Well, I guess maybe Obama WAS that type, in the sense that he won out over the establishment figure, Hillary, but he doesn't work for me.

red states rule
06-26-2008, 01:21 PM
You are an optimist! That's good.

I have become discouraged, thinking Bush is Tiberius, and after him comes Caligula, Nero...........

It's all only going to get worse.

However, you've got a better attitude.

Really, I did think all along that a third party or independent would pop up in this power vacuum, but it didn't happen. Well, I guess maybe Obama WAS that type, in the sense that he won out over the establishment figure, Hillary, but he doesn't work for me.

Governor Bobby Jindal of La is looking damn good. He is young, full of energy,a nd is doing a good job in La

He is one of the few who has the balls to tell the party leaders what is wrong. He is telling them we need to go back to Ronald Reagan conservatism

Do some research on him. I think you will be impressed

crin63
06-26-2008, 01:30 PM

The GOP left us

I am a life long Ronald Reagan conservative. The reason Republicans lost in 2006 was not because the Dems had better ideas, it was because our elected leaders walked away from Reagan conservatism

Libs scream how Reagan conservatism is dead. It is not. Conservatism wins everytime it is tried. Republicans are acting like Dems thinking it will get them elected

It will not

I'm a lifelong Conservative. Although the best President we have seen in my lifetime Reagan was to liberal for me.

I am still registered Republican but only because I really don't see anything viable to turn too.

The only reason I am considering voting for McCompromise is judicial appointments. After todays ruling by the SCOTUS it just reaffirms how important that is. This was a narrow victory today. Had one of the leftist loons won in 2000 or 2004 we would have lost our rights to keep and bear arms today.

red states rule
06-26-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm a lifelong Conservative. Although the best President we have seen in my lifetime Reagan was to liberal for me.

I am still registered Republican but only because I really don't see anything viable to turn too.

The only reason I am considering voting for McCompromise is judicial appointments. After todays ruling by the SCOTUS it just reaffirms how important that is. This was a narrow victory today. Had one of the leftist loons won in 2000 or 2004 we would have lost our rights to keep and bear arms today.

I am the first to admit, Pres Reagan made some mistakes. Amnesity and not going after terrorists after the Marine barracks bombing

He was the best Presdient in my lifetime, and his principals will bring the Rerpublicans back

crin63
06-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Governor Bobby Jindal of La is looking damn good. He is young, full of energy,a nd is doing a good job in La

He is one of the few who has the balls to tell the party leaders what is wrong. He is telling them we need to go back to Ronald Reagan conservatism

Do some research on him. I think you will be impressed

Bobby Jindal is an awesome governor. I heard him interviewed and the guy is solid. If McCompromise would pick Jindal it would take the sting out of voting for McAmnesty I think.

red states rule
06-26-2008, 01:34 PM
Bobby Jindal is an awesome governor. I heard him interviewed and the guy is solid. If McCompromise would pick Jindal it would take the sting out of voting for McAmnesty I think.

We also have Michael Steele and JC Watts

There are great conservatives out there. We should start grooming them for 2012

mundame
06-26-2008, 01:43 PM
The only reason I am considering voting for McCompromise is judicial appointments. After todays ruling by the SCOTUS it just reaffirms how important that is. This was a narrow victory today.

You and a bunch of people, I suspect, crin, have that as a main fall-back issue.

Certainly as old as this amazingly elderly Court is, there is SURE to be a die-off after the election: darn, they can't go on forever, you wouldn't think! They've sure been grimly hanging on waiting for a Dem prez, though.

Trigg
06-26-2008, 01:46 PM

I live in Indiana and we arn't required to register for a party. I personnally don't vote party line and never have, I vote based on the issues.

I consider myself republican since I agree with most of the issues that that party stands by.

red states rule
06-26-2008, 01:46 PM
You and a bunch of people, I suspect, crin, have that as a main fall-back issue.

Certainly as old as this amazingly elderly Court is, there is SURE to be a die-off after the election: darn, they can't go on forever, you wouldn't think! They've sure been grimly hanging on waiting for a Dem prez, though.

Judges and gas prices could be the main issues come November. Those issues could very well favor McCain