PDA

View Full Version : Human Rights Campaign Launches Pressure Campaign on Coulter's Syndicate

stephanie
03-06-2007, 11:09 PM
:uhoh: :tinfoil:

By E&P Staff

Published: March 06, 2007 10:45 PM E

NEW YORK The Human Rights Campaign (HRC), which claims to be the largest civil rights organization working for gay equality, late Tuesday launched a letter writing campaign aimed at Universal Press Syndicate, which distributes Ann Coulter's column to about 100 newspapers.

Ann Coulter got in hot water again in recent days by using the term "faggot" in slurring former Sen. John Edwards. At least one newspaper has dropped her column since then, and she has drawn wide condemnation from across the political spectrum.

HRC, founded in 1980, says it has 600,000 members.

"Contact Universal Press Syndicate, the largest independent newspaper syndicate in the world, and let them know that carrying Ann Coulter as a syndicated columnist is not acceptable," the group declared on its Web site on Tuesday.

It continued: "Send a clear message to Lee Salem, Executive Vice President and Editor, Universal Press that providing a platform for Ann Coulter to spout anti-gay rhethoric by syndicating her column must stop now.

"Coulter’s use of the demeaning and harmful word 'faggot' is so beyond the pale that anyone who uses it should not be given a platform as a respected voice in the political discourse of our country....The news media has a responsibility to not simply become an avenue that allows Ann Coulter the opportunity to broadcast her vile slurs....

"This is not a question of censorship. There are plenty of other people on the right, including other UPS columnists, who share Coulter's values and views but understand the value of civility and respect.":pee:
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003554458

Hugh Lincoln
03-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Ha! Lee Salem went to my church when I was a kid.

Anyway, fuck these jerks. "Human rights." WHICH human? It's always the same particular brands. They don't care about ME as a human, and probably not you.

KarlMarx
03-07-2007, 07:59 PM
The HRC are a bunch of goose stepping, butt licking Nazis. What ever happened to "free speech"?

If bad mouthing the president is a right and dissent is patriotic, then Ann Coulter's remarks are entirely justifiable.

After all, who died because of Ann Coulter's remarks? There was no oil involved, certainly.

Oh, it's "hate" speech... gee whiz Beav, now all the foppy feminine faggots will be fainting dead in their tracks and they'll probably ruin their nails or muss up their hair in the process. What's a girl to do?

gabosaurus
03-07-2007, 09:31 PM
http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/

Ann Coulter had to be whisked away from her book-signing after someone barged through the line to take close-up flash photos of her. Her bodyguards stepped in, fearful perhaps that someone might not take the "raghead" and "faggot"-spouting **** queen of the right as a comedian. The line of 300 or so slavering Coulteristas were left holding their sticky volumes of Godless without receiving Coulter's inky stamp of approval.

03-08-2007, 04:31 AM
"Human rights" seems to be just another word for communist nowadays. it's kinda sad.

If they actually cared about human rights they would be more worried about the genocide in Darfur or the terrorist removing people's heads in Iraq (although granted I havent heard about any such cases recently). They wouldn't be wasting their time with Ann Coulter.

musicman
03-08-2007, 05:01 AM

Ann Coulter had to be whisked away from her book-signing after someone barged through the line to take close-up flash photos of her. Her bodyguards stepped in, fearful perhaps that someone might not take the "raghead" and "faggot"-spouting **** queen of the right as a comedian. The line of 300 or so slavering Coulteristas were left holding their sticky volumes of Godless without receiving Coulter's inky stamp of approval.

I wonder where the HRC stands on rudepundit calling Ann Coulter a ****.

=crickets chirping=

That's what I thought.

I hope the Illiberati take this thing to its logical conclusion - marketplace boycotts. I think they'll be sadly surprised at the general mood of this nation. Bring it on, bitches!

trobinett
03-08-2007, 08:10 AM
These ass wipes are no match for Ann Coulter.

This is a move on her part to bring groups like this out of hiding, and once their a clear target, take 'em down.

When exactly did it become wrong to call a "spade a spade"? Oh wait, when ever America lost its direction under the leadership of the broke dick left, anybody come to mind?

Ann will eat these creeps alive, and come out the other side with more people listening to her message.

My message to the outraged gay community, and their lap dogs, the Democrats.........:fu:

KarlMarx
03-08-2007, 09:40 AM
There's no use in being so thin skinned about it, when you consider all the abuse that George W Bush has had to endure the past several years, perhaps Ann Coulter did John Edwards a favor.

Every presidential candidate should get verbally abused to get them ready for the Presidecy.

So, perhaps she should have called him a faggot with ties to Haliburton and big oil, a daddy's boy and worse than Hitler.

glockmail
03-08-2007, 10:20 AM

Using the C word to complain about use of the F word. Delicious Irony. :laugh2:

Thanks for the insight in your world, gabby.

gabosaurus
03-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Ann Coulter makes her living by p*ssing people off. That is her intention. She is not an intelligent woman, nor does she claim to be one.

glockmail
03-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Ann Coulter makes her living by p*ssing people off. That is her intention. She is not an intelligent woman, nor does she claim to be one. :lol:

Sure. That's why she makes a few gazillion annually. Great theory.

Dilloduck
03-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Ann Coulter makes her living by p*ssing people off. That is her intention. She is not an intelligent woman, nor does she claim to be one.

Damn Gabby. There goes your last chance to claim you're intelligent !! :laugh2:

stephanie
03-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Damn Gabby. There goes yor las chance to claim you're intelligent !! :laugh2:

I was thinking....
Maybe Ann's bank account begs to differ on her intelligence...:laugh2:

Dilloduck
03-08-2007, 10:50 AM
I was thinking....
Maybe Ann's bank account begs to differ on her intelligence...:laugh2:

Guess we'll have to check with gabby and see how rich she's getting trying to piss people off.

gabosaurus
03-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Britney Spears also has a large bank balance. Her and Ann should get together and discuss policy over Coke and Cheetohs.

jimnyc
03-08-2007, 10:56 AM

Oh man, how rich! This woman would literally run circles around you in the intelligence department. So unless a child of yours has been making your prior posts, you really have no room to be calling Ann's intelligence into question.

Dilloduck
03-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Britney Spears also has a large bank balance. Her and Ann should get together and discuss policy over Coke and Cheetohs.

Is Bitney posting here to piss people off too ??????? OMG !!!!

stephanie
03-08-2007, 10:58 AM

Yeah sure...

I don't remember reading in the tabloids that Britney Spears was a LAWYER..

DAMN...when did that happen...

Nienna
03-08-2007, 11:35 AM
I think what Ann said was pretty rude and distasteful. But, I don't question her right to say it.

The HRC can petition the syndicate if they want. The publishers know who Ann's audience is. They know that HRC supporters were not buying their papers for Ann's column to begin with. Were they even buying the papers at all? Syndicates are private businesses, not up for re-election. We'll see how easily they are intimidated, I guess.

glockmail
03-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Britney Spears also has a large bank balance. Her and Ann should get together and discuss policy over Coke and Cheetohs. Ms. Spears in in an entirely differnent industry. Invalid comparison, Ms. Smarty Pants.:laugh2:

Sitarro
03-08-2007, 12:04 PM
I don't know how many of you guys have noticed but Glock and I have started a movement to use the word FAGGOT as often as possible in Ann's honor. I, myself, am getting very tired of people in my country trying to ban words from the language and as a result making them that much more powerful. Haven't we learned anything from the failed drug war and prohibition? All either did was raise the desire for something taboo. It is also a lot like nudity, go hang out(haha) at a nude beach for awhile and see how quickly the naked body becomes no big deal.

Besides, Edwards is indeed a faggot, he knows he's a faggot, the world knows he's a faggot, his wife surely knows he's a faggot and there is nodoubt John Kerry-Heinze definitely knows he's a faggot.

That's 6 faggots in one post Glock, beat that!:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: ...wait that makes 7 faggots...wait

stephanie
03-08-2007, 12:07 PM
I don't know how many of you guys have noticed but Glock and I have started a movement to use the word FAGGOT as often as possible in Ann's honor. I, myself, am getting very tired of people in my country trying to ban words from the language and as a result making them that much more powerful. Haven't we learned anything from the failed drug war and prohibition? All either did was raise the desire for something taboo. It is also a lot like nudity, go hang out(haha) at a nude beach for awhile and see how quickly the naked body becomes no big deal.

Besides, Edwards is indeed a faggot, he knows he's a faggot, the world knows he's a faggot, his wife surely knows he's a faggot and there is nodoubt John Kerry-Heinze definitely knows he's a faggot.

That's 6 in one post Glock, beat that!:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

:laugh2: :salute:

Hobbit
03-08-2007, 12:28 PM

That's 6 faggots in one post Glock, beat that!:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: ...wait that makes 7 faggots...wait

If I quote your faggot post, do I get to add your faggot count to the faggot count in my faggot post, or would counting others' faggots just make me a no-good faggot, you faggot hating faggot. That's eight faggots in one sentence. Top that, faggots.

Well, I'm off to rehab. I'll see you faggots later.

stephanie
03-08-2007, 12:37 PM
If I quote your faggot post, do I get to add your faggot count to the faggot count in my faggot post, or would counting others' faggots just make me a no-good faggot, you faggot hating faggot. That's eight faggots in one sentence. Top that, faggots.

Well, I'm off to rehab. I'll see you faggots later.

:laugh2:

glockmail
03-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Y'all faggots should know better then to be so bait me like a fagot (bunch) of faggots.

John Edwards new McMansion looks like a faggot designed it for a faggot to live there with his faggot hairdresser and fat faggot-loving wife. I'm sure the inside is all dolled up with faggotry as well. Inside the living room is a huge faggoty fireplace kindled with a fagot of sticks. They have a live in chef, a faggot who makes soup by boiling water and tossing in a fagot of herbs and spices. They have some ornate ironwork depicting fagots of faggots made from fagots of metal. John the faggot’s clothes are sewn by a male seamstress, obviously a faggot, using fagoting.

IMO it’s gay.

stephanie
03-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Y'all faggots should know better then to be so bait me like a fagot (bunch) of faggots.

John Edwards new McMansion looks like a faggot designed it for a faggot to live there with his faggot hairdresser and fat faggot-loving wife. I'm sure the inside is all dolled up with faggotry as well. Inside the living room is a huge faggoty fireplace kindled with a fagot of sticks. They have a live in chef, a faggot who makes soup by boiling water and tossing in a fagot of herbs and spices. They have some ornate ironwork depicting fagots of faggots made from fagots of metal. John the faggot’s clothes are sewn by a male seamstress, obviously a faggot, using fagoting.

IMO it’s gay.

You guys are cracking me up..:lmao:

KarlMarx
03-08-2007, 01:51 PM
a faggot is a bundle of sticks

Hobbit
03-08-2007, 02:03 PM
a faggot is a bundle of sticks

Dang, we've been hitting the wrong faggot then. Al Gore resembles a faggot far more than that faggot Edwards.

Faggot

glockmail
03-08-2007, 02:07 PM
a faggot is a bundle of sticks I looked it up in the faggot dictionary and faggot encyclopedia, throuhgh fag Bill Gates faggot Word program, and it gave me three examples for fagot of: sticks, herbs, and metal (as in welding).

glockmail
03-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Dang, we've been hitting the wrong faggot then. Al Gore resembles a faggot far more than that faggot Edwards.

Faggot

Actually fagot (one g) = bundle. At least that's how this faggot interprets it.

glockmail
03-08-2007, 02:09 PM
You guys are cracking me up..:lmao: Well we are here exclusively for your entertainment, after all!:salute:

Sitarro
03-08-2007, 02:09 PM

Faggot

Actually, Glock's use of fagot as a bundle of sticks(single g) is correct according to the Oxford American dictionary. What I find interesting is that fagoting is embroidery in which threads are fastened together like fagots.

On a side note, the Brits refer to cigarettes as fags and I remember Letterman pulling out a can of faggots on his show back when he was funny, I don't remember what the ingredients were.

Sitarro
03-08-2007, 02:11 PM

IMO it’s gay.

:bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow3: :bow3: :bow3: Tried to rep you, catch ya later.

stephanie
03-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Well we are here exclusively for your entertainment, after all!:salute:

Oh Goody..:dance:

I would call you a Faggot, but there's no rehab centers out here in the boonies..:slap: