PDA

View Full Version : Obama's wife says he'll fight for gay equality

actsnoblemartin
06-27-2008, 02:16 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080627/ap_on_el_pr/michelle_obama

EW YORK - Barack Obama will fight for equal rights for gays just as he fought to help working-class families overcome poverty, the Democratic presidential hopeful's wife told a gay Democratic group Thursday.

Recalling his past work as a community organizer to help struggling families, Michelle Obama said he would take the same approach as president.

My Winter Storm
06-27-2008, 11:35 PM
The only way gay people can have equal rights is if they are permitted to marry.

However, if Obama is not okay with gay marriage, that is fine - just as long as gays are given more rights than they already have.

Sitarro
06-28-2008, 12:15 AM
The only way gay people can have equal rights is if they are permitted to marry.

However, if Obama is not okay with gay marriage, that is fine - just as long as gays are given more rights than they already have.

They have the same rights to marriage as I do, they want to change the definition of marriage and be granted special rights to do so. What positives to society would two people of the same gender marrying create?

Sitarro
06-28-2008, 12:18 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080627/ap_on_el_pr/michelle_obama

EW YORK - Barack Obama will fight for equal rights for gays just as he fought to help working-class families overcome poverty, the Democratic presidential hopeful's wife told a gay Democratic group Thursday.

Recalling his past work as a community organizer to help struggling families, Michelle Obama said he would take the same approach as president.

Judging by the South side of Chicago and what a shit hole it is....... if I was queer, I wouldn't want his "help". Besides, what she didn't say is...... only black fags would be given "help" by Obammyhead.:laugh2:

midcan5
06-29-2008, 07:50 PM
The irony that in America it is still necessary to fight for the rights of people to live as they choose protected by law. We are surely still at a primitive stage of our social development as a species.

Sitarro
06-29-2008, 09:57 PM
The irony that in America it is still necessary to fight for the rights of people to live as they choose protected by law. We are surely still at a primitive stage of our social development as a species.

You're an idiot!

My Winter Storm
06-29-2008, 11:03 PM
They have the same rights to marriage as I do, they want to change the definition of marriage and be granted special rights to do so. What positives to society would two people of the same gender marrying create?

How would gay marriage affect your relationship?

Sitarro
06-29-2008, 11:21 PM
How would gay marriage affect your relationship?

You never answered my question.

My Winter Storm
06-29-2008, 11:29 PM
The positives of gays marrying would be the same positives of straight people marrying. There wouldn't be a difference, I don't think.

REDWHITEBLUE2
06-29-2008, 11:34 PM
With all the shit going on right now is queers being able to marry really that big an issue ? Not in my book

glockmail
06-30-2008, 05:14 AM
With all the shit going on right now is queers being able to marry really that big an issue ? Not in my book
Will I leave my house unlocked because I'm really busy and its a pain to do it? No.

glockmail
06-30-2008, 05:18 AM
Judging by the South side of Chicago and what a shit hole it is....... if I was queer, I wouldn't want his "help". ....

Yup. Will make nice campaign fodder. Pictures of south side Chicago along with pictures of gay pride week. Puts it all in perspective.

midcan5
06-30-2008, 03:03 PM
You're an idiot!

Such profound repartee, how long did it take you to compose such profundity?

midcan5
06-30-2008, 03:05 PM

If you removed the pejorative we could agree on that statement.