PDA

View Full Version : How Can a 'Fellow Black American' Oppose Obama?

Yurt
06-27-2008, 01:47 PM
this is really a great article, i recommend clicking the link and reading the whole thing.

How Can a 'Fellow Black American' Oppose Obama?

Dear Former Supporter,

Do you have any Republican friends, let alone black ones? If so, how many of them want to make it harder "for the underprivileged"?

You also might want to familiarize yourself with the history of the Democratic and Republican parties, and see which party has stood up longer for the rights of people of color. Do you know that Democrats opposed the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments to the Constitution — abolishing slavery, granting citizenship rights to newly freed slaves, and guaranteeing the right to vote (at least on paper) to blacks, respectively? Do you know that most of the politicians who stood for segregation were Southern Democrats? Do you know that the Ku Klux Klan was founded by Democrats, one of whose goals was to stop the spread of the Republican Party? Do you know that, as a percentage of the party, more Republicans than Democrats voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

Do you know that 36 percent of babies aborted are black, while blacks make up 17 percent of live births? Do you know that polls show blacks are more pro-life than are whites? Yet the Democratic Party — to which over 90 percent of blacks belong — is the party of Roe v. Wade, requiring states to legalize abortion on demand. Do you know that Margaret Sanger, the founder of the organization that became Planned Parenthood, believed that poor blacks were inferior and that aborting their babies made our society better? Look it up.

You ask how can a "fellow black American feel this way"? Quite a statement. You may disagree, but it doesn't make me less caring and compassionate than you are. I'm sure you truly consider yourself open-minded and tolerant. But based on your letter, tolerance ends — especially with "fellow black Americans" — if someone has an opposing point of view.

Larry

http://news.yahoo.com/s/uc/20080626/cm_uc_crlelx/op_246500;_ylt=AjNkgy6B5aNrnjzRs32KfLQEtbAF

hjmick
06-27-2008, 01:50 PM
I try to listen to Larry every day. He is one of the most intelligent and sensible people on the radio.

Kathianne
06-27-2008, 01:53 PM
this is really a great article, i recommend clicking the link and reading the whole thing.

How Can a 'Fellow Black American' Oppose Obama?

Dear Former Supporter,

Do you have any Republican friends, let alone black ones? If so, how many of them want to make it harder "for the underprivileged"?

You also might want to familiarize yourself with the history of the Democratic and Republican parties, and see which party has stood up longer for the rights of people of color. Do you know that Democrats opposed the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments to the Constitution — abolishing slavery, granting citizenship rights to newly freed slaves, and guaranteeing the right to vote (at least on paper) to blacks, respectively? Do you know that most of the politicians who stood for segregation were Southern Democrats? Do you know that the Ku Klux Klan was founded by Democrats, one of whose goals was to stop the spread of the Republican Party? Do you know that, as a percentage of the party, more Republicans than Democrats voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

Do you know that 36 percent of babies aborted are black, while blacks make up 17 percent of live births? Do you know that polls show blacks are more pro-life than are whites? Yet the Democratic Party — to which over 90 percent of blacks belong — is the party of Roe v. Wade, requiring states to legalize abortion on demand. Do you know that Margaret Sanger, the founder of the organization that became Planned Parenthood, believed that poor blacks were inferior and that aborting their babies made our society better? Look it up.

You ask how can a "fellow black American feel this way"? Quite a statement. You may disagree, but it doesn't make me less caring and compassionate than you are. I'm sure you truly consider yourself open-minded and tolerant. But based on your letter, tolerance ends — especially with "fellow black Americans" — if someone has an opposing point of view.

Larry

http://news.yahoo.com/s/uc/20080626/cm_uc_crlelx/op_246500;_ylt=AjNkgy6B5aNrnjzRs32KfLQEtbAF

I'd say that from what I have read, most agree with this. Conservative black politicians and pundits have written that they may well vote for Obama, based on his being black.

In a way I can understand, my folks went with Kennedy because he was Catholic, though they actually agreed more with Nixon. Not only voted for Kennedy, but worked for his campaign, which at that time in DuPage County (http://www.dupagehistory.org/dupage_roots/Wheaton_23.htm) was unheard of.

glockmail
06-27-2008, 02:09 PM
That's it from now on I'm going to tell people that I am voting for McCain because he's white.

Yurt
06-27-2008, 05:18 PM
I'd say that from what I have read, most agree with this. Conservative black politicians and pundits have written that they may well vote for Obama, based on his being black.

In a way I can understand, my folks went with Kennedy because he was Catholic, though they actually agreed more with Nixon. Not only voted for Kennedy, but worked for his campaign, which at that time in DuPage County (http://www.dupagehistory.org/dupage_roots/Wheaton_23.htm) was unheard of.

voting for a catholic is, IMHO, vastly different than voting for someone based solely on skin color. catholicism is a faith, belief, way of life, a choice. skin color is not, sans wacko jackson... i can see somebody voting for faith over politics, for politics is this earth, while faith tends to be about things eternal.

glock, go for it...i am interested in the comments or looks you receive.

glockmail
06-27-2008, 06:29 PM

glock, go for it...i am interested in the comments or looks you receive. They'll call me a racist, all the while defending blacks who vote for Obama "because he's black".

Yurt
06-27-2008, 06:33 PM
They'll call me a racist, all the while defending blacks who vote for Obama "because he's black".

blacks and white guilteds are not afraid to state that voting for a black person solely because they are black is ok. (as mfm says, this is ok because blacks have been oppressed). then neither should you be afraid to vote for someone based solely on skin color.

Roomy
06-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Why would whitey vote against Obama?

glockmail
06-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Why would whitey vote against Obama? Because he's black.

Yurt
06-27-2008, 06:38 PM
Because he's black.

thats what obama and his camp say, but surely whitey would never vote against him for his politics...

Roomy
06-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Because he's black.

OH...racism rears it's ugly head again? I think the USA has become more tolerant of many things lately...you may be very surprised my lad.

midcan5
06-27-2008, 07:24 PM
That's it from now on I'm going to tell people that I am voting for McCain because he's white.

White! Anyone over seven years old knows the horrors the white race has perpetuated on the world. Most dictators, mass murderers, robber barons, and other assorted crazies are white. Do you really think it is a good idea to elect another white man?

glockmail
06-27-2008, 08:04 PM
White! Anyone over seven years old knows the horrors the white race has perpetuated on the world. Most dictators, mass murderers, robber barons, and other assorted crazies are white. Do you really think it is a good idea to elect another white man?
All those brown skin arab terrorists in the middle east are just so nice, along with those nice young men in Dafur.

glockmail
06-27-2008, 08:05 PM
OH...racism rears it's ugly head again? I think the USA has become more tolerant of many things lately...you may be very surprised my lad. That fish didn't take long to swallow the bait, hook, line, and sinker. :laugh2:

Roomy
06-28-2008, 01:58 AM
That fish didn't take long to swallow the bait, hook, line, and sinker. :laugh2:

Don't be silly, I wasn't accusing you, I pretty much agree with your assumption.

5stringJeff
06-28-2008, 11:35 AM

:rolleyes:

Feeling guilty?

Yurt
06-28-2008, 02:37 PM

moron

glockmail
06-30-2008, 04:47 AM
Don't be silly, I wasn't accusing you, I pretty much agree with your assumption.
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=264903&postcount=4

As I said, you swallowed the bait and then some. Dumbass Brit.