PDA

View Full Version : USA Religious beliefs

06-27-2008, 06:41 PM
http://usatoday.com/news/graphics/2008_pew_religion/flash.htm

I thought it was an interesting survey. Particularly the last question.

Psychoblues
07-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Why, yes, it is very interesting, a'21. Do you have anything to say other than it is interesting? What does it indicate to you, for instance? Or what can you draw from it's conclusions? This is, after all, your thread and your time to share with us your thoughts!!!!!!!!!

:poke:

April15
07-01-2008, 08:39 PM
As I use Seamonkey as a browser the flash player doesn't work. Are there any charts that could be copied and pasted?

Hagbard Celine
07-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Haha. Click on "Topography of Faith" and then scroll over Utah. :laugh:

Psychoblues
07-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Now, THAT is interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha. Click on "Topography of Faith" and then scroll over Utah. :laugh:

What does Texas look like?

Hagbard Celine
07-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Now, THAT is interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What does Texas look like?

It's mostly evangelicals like most of the country. If you'll notice, all of the most prosperous and most highly educated states are majority Catholic, which makes sense if you think about it. I'm counting New England, New York, California. Many of the most metropolitan areas too.
All the hellhole states have an overwhelming majority of evangelicals.

Psychoblues
07-01-2008, 09:32 PM
I've always suspected that, HC. I guess the graph is correct, isn't it?

It's mostly evangelicals like most of the country. If you'll notice, all of the most prosperous and most highly educated states are majority Catholic, which makes sense if you think about it. I'm counting New England, New York, California. Many of the most metropolitan areas too.
All the hellhole states have an overwhelming majority of evangelicals.

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Ol' Kris wasn't wrong, was he?

bullypulpit
07-01-2008, 10:26 PM
http://usatoday.com/news/graphics/2008_pew_religion/flash.htm

I thought it was an interesting survey. Particularly the last question.

I found the first one rather more interesting. If one finds their values threatened by the crap Hollywood puts out, perhaps it's because those values aren't on too firm a foundation to begin with.

Psychoblues
07-01-2008, 10:40 PM
The values as espoused by hollywood are for the purposes of entertainment, bp. Some take them more seriously. Now,,,,,,,I wonder who these most of the shallow types might be looking to for leadership and value encouragement?

I found the first one rather more interesting. If one finds their values threatened by the crap Hollywood puts out, perhaps it's because those values aren't on too firm a foundation to begin with.

The crap coming out of hollywood definitely has it's audience. Have you visited the review forum here lately? How about the Lounge? These boobies will not grow you but they will explain themselves to you in ways you might not expect!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers2: