PDA

View Full Version : another thing i dont like about women: see article

actsnoblemartin
06-29-2008, 02:34 AM
too many women live under the impression that marriage is this wonderful thing, they live in a female fairy tell, where they will live happily ever after, and emotionally munipulate men into marrying them through ultimatums, and pressuring them into doing so.

I think marriage like the law, is nothing more then a piece of paper, unless the parties, actually talk about what happens, if the marriage goes bad. and women dont deserve a dime of alimony

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/25372123/?GT1=43001

Man: Wife keeping me from my ideal woman
What happens when ‘settling’ in love leads to contempt for one’s partner?

Q. I am a 42-year-old man who married for the first time last year. I was given an ultimatum to marry her or she would leave. I weighed my options and took the leap. I felt that I might never find my ideal woman and settled for her. In other words, I settled for hamburger thinking I might never get steak.

My career was (and is) a catastrophe. I was out of work for several years, living on credit cards and savings. This only added to the pressure. She did not seem to care that my career was in tatters. My wife has many good qualities: She's a great cook, looks OK, stays in shape and would never cheat on me.

06-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Honestly, I think that guy is a selfish moron who doesn't deserve the woman he has.

Abbey Marie
06-29-2008, 10:31 AM
The article doesn't say, but I'll just bet he strung her along for several years before she gave him the "ultimatum".

I liked this line:

[Perhaps] she thought she couldn’t meet her ideal man so she settled for an unemployed bum?

Marrying someone you don't even respect, is ridiculous.

actsnoblemartin
06-29-2008, 01:17 PM
really why?

Honestly, I think that guy is a selfish moron who doesn't deserve the woman he has.

actsnoblemartin
06-29-2008, 01:18 PM
I dont believe marriage should be decided by ultimatums.

but yeah he is an idiot for marrying someone he didnt respect :coffee:

The article doesn't say, but I'll just bet he strung her along for several years before she gave him the "ultimatum".

I liked this line:

Trigg
06-29-2008, 01:49 PM
The man sounds like an ass IMO.

Two of the things he doesn't like about her are she likes sitcomes and she speaks in broken English. The horror!!!!!!

I don't consider a 39yr old woman who says I want a serious relationship because I want a family, as giving an ultimatum. If he wasn't ready for that he should have broken things off instead of getting married. After all how long had they been going out? A woman can't wait forever to have children, as it is she's at the end of her reproductive years.

Most women want marriage first and then children, it's better for the child involved and a commitment has been made to stay together and raise the child together.

You are correct regarding alimony, it was needed in the days when women were expected to get married and have children and not have a career, now women can take care of themselves.

manu1959
06-29-2008, 01:53 PM
The man sounds like an ass IMO.

Two of the things he doesn't like about her are she likes sitcomes and she speaks in broken English. The horror!!!!!!

I don't consider a 39yr old woman who says I want a serious relationship because I want a family, as giving an ultimatum. If he wasn't ready for that he should have broken things off instead of getting married. After all how long had they been going out? A woman can't wait forever to have children, as it is she's at the end of her reproductive years.

Most women want marriage first and then children, it's better for the child involved and a commitment has been made to stay together and raise the child together.

You are correct regarding alimony, it was needed in the days when women were expected to get married and have children and not have a career, now women can take care of themselves.

not in the eyes of the court.....her body her choices.....she chooses to boot him.....he gets to foot the bill.....

Trigg
06-29-2008, 01:59 PM
not in the eyes of the court.....her body her choices.....she chooses to boot him.....he gets to foot the bill.....

I was saying I don't agree with alimony, it's outdated.

Divorce courts favor the women, it's unfair.

manu1959
06-29-2008, 02:04 PM
I was saying I don't agree with alimony, it's outdated.

Divorce courts favor the women, it's unfair.

i stand corrected.......i agree with you.....

06-29-2008, 06:11 PM
really why?

Because he doesnt give a damn about her feelings. He married her without any love. He is whining about how marrying her is keeping him from his ideal woman, who probably doesnt even exist. Especially when it's clear he isnt the catch of the week.

It's men like him who screw things up for the rest of us men.

DragonStryk72
06-29-2008, 06:27 PM
too many women live under the impression that marriage is this wonderful thing, they live in a female fairy tell, where they will live happily ever after, and emotionally munipulate men into marrying them through ultimatums, and pressuring them into doing so.

I think marriage like the law, is nothing more then a piece of paper, unless the parties, actually talk about what happens, if the marriage goes bad. and women dont deserve a dime of alimony

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/25372123/?GT1=43001

Man: Wife keeping me from my ideal woman
What happens when ‘settling’ in love leads to contempt for one’s partner?

Q. I am a 42-year-old man who married for the first time last year. I was given an ultimatum to marry her or she would leave. I weighed my options and took the leap. I felt that I might never find my ideal woman and settled for her. In other words, I settled for hamburger thinking I might never get steak.

My career was (and is) a catastrophe. I was out of work for several years, living on credit cards and savings. This only added to the pressure. She did not seem to care that my career was in tatters. My wife has many good qualities: She's a great cook, looks OK, stays in shape and would never cheat on me.

Both of them are complete dumbasses, but for separate reasons. Him for taking an ultimatum to get married, and not realizing that marriage is actually, no not every moment of every day, but with the right person, not the ideal one, which doesn't exist and never will, it enriches both parties.

Now her, on the other hand, is a dumbass for sticking with this guy for such a long time when it was obvious he didn't love her enough to purpose on his own. You can't make someone love you, and marriage is most certainly not the place to start trying.

My Winter Storm
06-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Marriage to me is nothing more than a piece of paper that ties you to one person. Your relationship does not become more special, and nor are you more committed to each other by getting married. Marriage is just...well, whats the point?

Sitarro
06-30-2008, 12:15 AM
Marriage to me is nothing more than a piece of paper that ties you to one person. Your relationship does not become more special, and nor are you more committed to each other by getting married. Marriage is just...well, whats the point?

So why do you feel it's so important for homosexuals to play pretend marriage?

06-30-2008, 01:34 AM

If you think marriage is simply a piece of paper than you don't understand marriage.

gabosaurus
06-30-2008, 03:37 PM
The men who hate women usually either can't get one, or couldn't handle the one they had.

Marriage is a compromise. If you aren't willing to compromise, you will likely be on the street before lone.

actsnoblemartin
06-30-2008, 05:27 PM
the same old stupid feminist diatribe

You wont own up to what you girls do wrong, and how dare men not kiss your ass

whatever bitch :laugh2:

The men who hate women usually either can't get one, or couldn't handle the one they had.

Marriage is a compromise. If you aren't willing to compromise, you will likely be on the street before lone.

Said1
06-30-2008, 06:43 PM

And you're diatribe is new? :laugh2:

namvet
06-30-2008, 07:51 PM

I liked this line:

depends on how much $$$ they have. and they do it everyday.

actsnoblemartin
06-30-2008, 11:33 PM
And you're diatribe is new? :laugh2:

I dont hate women, i simplly dislike certain things about them

if you have things you dont like about guys: i guess your a hater too j/k

what dont you like about women

gabosaurus
06-30-2008, 11:54 PM
So why do you feel it's so important for homosexuals to play pretend marriage?

A lot of heterosexuals play pretend marriage as well.

gabosaurus
06-30-2008, 11:56 PM

The real question is, what do women not like about you? Until you find the answer, you will likely not find a woman. A real one, not a pretend one.

DragonStryk72
07-01-2008, 01:33 AM

Problem here is that you're taking a side, distinctly the guy's, when, in reality, he's also a part of the problem. A marriage requires two people, not just one, and aside from a matter of adultery (which even then, usually has some form of build-up) or abuse, both of the people in that marriage are responsible for its success, or its failure.

Said1
07-01-2008, 09:15 AM
I dont hate women, i simplly dislike certain things about them

if you have things you dont like about guys: i guess your a hater too j/k

I'm really NOT in the habit of assigning gender to traits I don't like about people. There are a lot of things people do that I don't like, I don't care which sex stereotypically does what more, the point is, they shouldn't be participating in bad behaviors.

You shouldn't go around with preconceived ideas about people, you'll often find that your experiences have more to do with finding people that fit your negative ideals because that is what you're essentially seeking to find.