PDA

View Full Version : why is the media so intent on showing acceptance of homosexuality down my throat

actsnoblemartin
06-29-2008, 12:57 PM
at the present time, i dont have a problem with homosexuals, (you never know how i'll feel tommorrow about this or any other issue :laugh2:)

why the incessant need for the media to tell me to accept gays as they are, but in the same breathe disrespect my beliefs on abortion, and the war in iraq and afghanistan and call me a right winger, or a nazi, or a homephobe, or a racist, simply for believing in god, and judeo-christan values (which were what this country was founded on). Its funny how those who scream the loudest for tolerance are so thin skinned and intolerant. (with anyone who dare to think different, believe different, and who dont kiss their ass, and bow down to them)

manu1959
06-29-2008, 01:43 PM
at the present time, i dont have a problem with homosexuals, (you never know how i'll feel tommorrow about this or any other issue :laugh2:)

why the incessant need for the media to tell me to accept gays as they are, but in the same breathe disrespect my beliefs on abortion, and the war in iraq and afghanistan and call me a right winger, or a nazi, or a homephobe, or a racist, simply for believing in god, and judeo-christan values (which were what this country was founded on). Its funny how those who scream the loudest for tolerance are so thin skinned and intolerant. (with anyone who dare to think different, believe different, and who dont kiss their ass, and bow down to them)

read 1984........

My Winter Storm
06-29-2008, 11:12 PM
The media over here presents both sides of the issue, they are never bias. I don't know what the media is like in the US, but over here, it's obviously a lot better.

glockmail
06-30-2008, 05:13 AM
The media over here presents both sides of the issue, they are never bias. I don't know what the media is like in the US, but over here, it's obviously a lot better. Until I was presented with the other side I thought the same thing about the US main-stream media.
You obviously just don't see it.

gabosaurus
06-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Because they are aware of the other things that are shoved down your throat. :p

actsnoblemartin
06-30-2008, 05:18 PM
the only thing shoved down my gullet (throat) is pizza hunny :laugh2:

Because they are aware of the other things that are shoved down your throat. :p

namvet
06-30-2008, 07:44 PM
The media over here presents both sides of the issue, they are never bias. I don't know what the media is like in the US, but over here, it's obviously a lot better.

American media

http://www.kidzone.ws/imageschanged/sharks/greatwhite1.jpg

gabosaurus
06-30-2008, 11:45 PM
Nice photo. Is it from your family album?

actsnoblemartin
06-30-2008, 11:50 PM
Nice photo. Is it from your family album?

I found youre picture

http://www.tierleben.de/pages/L2836_gorilla.htm

gabosaurus
06-30-2008, 11:53 PM
April would never approve of such a nasty insult. Neither would her boyfriend. Not that they have much time to think about it.

My Winter Storm
07-01-2008, 01:46 AM
Until I was presented with the other side I thought the same thing about the US main-stream media.
You obviously just don't see it.

The media here is much different than the US media, so of course I don't see what you are seeing.

DragonStryk72
07-01-2008, 02:16 AM

Think of every time anything along the line of the term, "Leftwing nutjob" has crossed your lips, or your keyboard, and you'll get the idea. Both side keep taking swipes at each other, and honestly, I think its simply because we like to fight that we keep not seeing this, or having it pointed out to us in clear terms, and then immediately going right back into the fight.

midcan5
07-01-2008, 08:43 AM
I need examples, I surely don't see this. Only time gays are in the news is when they are given their constitutional right to marry. As far as media, I read somewhere that media is what we dream is possible. Consider all the one night stands on TV, that is most men's fantasy, but I wonder how real it is. And media obviously has a great many gay writers etc so there should be story lines etc that express their concerns.

midcan5
07-01-2008, 08:58 AM
LOL - Debate Policy has a Gay Personals ad - too funny.

namvet
07-01-2008, 09:20 AM
I need examples, I surely don't see this. Only time gays are in the news is when they are given their constitutional right to marry. As far as media, I read somewhere that media is what we dream is possible. Consider all the one night stands on TV, that is most men's fantasy, but I wonder how real it is. And media obviously has a great many gay writers etc so there should be story lines etc that express their concerns.

another Goering quote????

Hagbard Celine
07-01-2008, 09:28 AM

The values this country was founded on all had to do with freedom from tyranny and the ideal that people should live their lives the way they see fit. Neo-conservatism/evangelicalism is a bastardization of that. Evangelicals and conservatives seek to control the way people live their lives, be it through starting wars, making it illegal to marry who you want or standing guard at your wife or girlfriend's vagina. Evangelicals think they have the right to decide for everyone else what is "moral" and then they want to impose that onto everyone else. If you don't see how Un-American that is, then maybe you should be worrying about yourself instead of society. The media has no control over what you believe. If you disagree with the reality being reported to you, again, maybe you should be worrying about yourself rather than "society" or "the media."

mundame
07-01-2008, 09:56 AM

This is well said, really. A good point.

I suppose the answer is that we don't actually RESPECT private beliefs any longer: everyone here wants everyone here to believe in one way only: his. And they promote that with flat assertions, statements of supposed "fact" (which are only opinion, however), that intend to show everyone they MUSTMUSTMUST believe A or B and nothing else at all.

I can remember when people were allowed to have private opinions. They didn't push them on other people, and they weren't expected to change them.

glockmail
07-01-2008, 10:09 AM
The media here is much different than the US media, so of course I don't see what you are seeing. You missed the point entirely. Let's do this: you provide a link from one of "your" media sites for an article which you think is non-biased, and I'll show you how it is biased, towards the liberal.

Hagbard Celine
07-01-2008, 11:36 AM
You missed the point entirely. Let's do this: you provide a link from one of "your" media sites for an article which you think is non-biased, and I'll show you how it is biased, towards the liberal.

I think instead of the word "liberal," you should be honest and call it what it is: "the real world."

glockmail
07-01-2008, 12:34 PM
I think instead of the word "liberal," you should be honest and call it what it is: "the real world."
Your post identifies you as having the same affliction as Sharon, so I offer you the same challenge.

actsnoblemartin
07-04-2008, 07:14 PM

more like arrogance

actsnoblemartin
07-04-2008, 07:15 PM
excellent points, if i werent out of rep, id rep you for this. its brilliant

:clap:

:salute:

This is well said, really. A good point.

I suppose the answer is that we don't actually RESPECT private beliefs any longer: everyone here wants everyone here to believe in one way only: his. And they promote that with flat assertions, statements of supposed "fact" (which are only opinion, however), that intend to show everyone they MUSTMUSTMUST believe A or B and nothing else at all.

I can remember when people were allowed to have private opinions. They didn't push them on other people, and they weren't expected to change them.