PDA

View Full Version : NEWSFLASH .....January 30, 2009.

emmett
07-01-2008, 06:18 PM
The Associated Press has reported this morning that "culture shock" still is sweeping through the country. Ever since the miracle election of Libertarian President Bob Barr in November, and his inaguration just a week ago our country has been in shock.

On January 23, President Barr signed an executive order to release (pardon) every non-violent drug offender in the Federal Prison system. He has asked every governor to do the same in each state. Incidentally, Mr. Barr (as he likes to be called, or Bob) has revoked the parole of every child molester, murderer and armed robber in the nation. It is reported that he expects to have all these dangerous felons in custody by March 31. This should keep the federalis jumping doing some good work. Getting the most out of Federal employees is something President has been serious about. His plan to utilize x-IRS employees, keeping busy doing constructive work instead of sitting around sucking up hard working Americans proceeds.

It is anticipated that crime will drop an astounding 30% in less than 90 days nationwide. Sheriff Arpayo of Phoenix, Arizona stated in the Sun yesterday, " This will allow police departments all over the country to actually concentrate on preventing crime instead of just riding around writing more reports on the ones we can't stop. With all these criminals off the street and in prison where they belong we can begin to actually patrol neighborhoods again. Maybe police officers will have time to interact with neighborhood kids like they did in the 1950's when they use to actually be a positive influence in children's lives. This is unbelievable, and one man becoming the President did this. Any of them could have done this."

Other reports like that from the New York Times this morning weren't quite as positive. Their editor wrote this, "President Barr has destroyed the government. His misuse of Presidential power is astounding. In less than a week he has signed several Presidential Executive orders changing the way Americans live. This is going to ruin our lives. Just here in New York our crime will diminish to a point where jobs will be lost. Our prosecuters office stands to lose half of it's staff. The public defender's office too. How will we spend all that tax money. These people will have to go into business for themselves to make it. This is a travesty and misuse of Presidential power."

It has been reported that Mr. Barr has already cut the size of government in less than 10 days in office. Earlier this week he was busy dispatching his people to shut down useless departments that basically did nothing but serve as government think tanks on how to get more tax money out of Americans. His move to place Senator Saxby Chambliss in charge of implemeting the new "fair tax" plan is gaining rave reviews. Even those who initially thought it was a bad idea are subscribing to it now because they realize it is a reality. Imagine everybody treated equally in this country for the first time in 100 years. Democrats and Republicans are very busy adopting a strategy trying to figure out how to deal with a President who isn't on either one of their "sides" of the isle. Nancy Pelosi was quoted as saying," well, he is the president! The people elected him so I guess we will have to become a little less dependant on our agenda and and start thinking up ways to properly serve the best interests of the American people. We, as democrats are ready to do that."

Republican leaders, still dizzy from their stunning loss in the presidenatial election and the sudden emergence of 13 new Libertarian House members, 3 new US Senators from the LP and 1 governor, are also busy meeting with their higher ups to decide what to do now that a true mediator will be in the White House. Bob Dole was quoted in Kansas this morning, " I knew I shoulod have joined the LP when I was Minority Leader."

Freedom has taken such a giant step this month that we will just have to take the month of Feburary to digest it. There is just no limit to this new phonomenon. Whatever motivated Americans at the last minute to vote Libertarian has certainly paid off. The quality of our lives will change more for the better than ever. Imagine if this just after 10 days of a Libertarian President, what will the first 100 days offer.

(God smiles)

07-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Crime wont actually drop. it will simply be ignored.

it be interesting to see what would happen if he was elected. but its not happening.

emmett
07-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Crime wont actually drop. it will simply be ignored.

it be interesting to see what would happen if he was elected. but its not happening.

No, not so! Remove the repeat offenders (who actually commit 82% of all crime) and one would think you will experience some sort of drop in crime.

I cannot link at this time but if I remember correctly it seems that 90% of federal prisoners get out and commit crime again. Making them serve harsher and longer sentences, while maybe not rehabilitating them, would keep them out of public and thereby affect that statistic. It stands to reason dosen't it?

Mr. P
07-01-2008, 08:48 PM
I guess it's ok to "dream" about what "We the People" want. Problem is, we don't really care.

Hagbard Celine
07-01-2008, 09:04 PM
I guess it's ok to "dream" about what "We the People" want. Problem is, we don't really care.

That's right unfortunately. The ones who actually do cling to current events and discuss them along with their ideas (like us and others like us) are a minority. Most Americans are only interested in their network tv shows and what kind of sale Old Navy is having.

hjmick
07-01-2008, 09:05 PM
That's right unfortunately. The ones who actually do cling to current events and discuss them along with their ideas (like us and others like us) are a minority. Most Americans are only interested in their network tv shows and what kind of sale Old Navy is having.

OLD NAVY IS HAVING A SALE?!!

Yurt
07-01-2008, 09:20 PM

i cling to my guns because i'm bitter

Mr. P
07-01-2008, 11:07 PM

Hag gets it ..so do you guys...I hope.

gabosaurus
07-02-2008, 12:34 AM
That is not entirely true!
The American people also care who wins American Idol and whether or not Britney Spears is wearing underwear.
In a recent poll here in Southern California, only 11 percent knew what Zimbabwe was. Close to 75 percent knew where Britney Spears was born.
Just over half could name both potential candidates for president.

mundame
07-02-2008, 09:42 AM
The Associated Press has reported this morning that "culture shock" still is sweeping through the country. Ever since the miracle election of Libertarian President Bob Barr in November, and his inaguration just a week ago our country has been in shock.

On January 23, President Barr signed an executive order to release (pardon) every non-violent drug offender in the Federal Prison system. He has asked every governor to do the same in each state. Incidentally, Mr. Barr (as he likes to be called, or Bob) has revoked the parole of every child molester, murderer and armed robber in the nation. It is reported that he expects to have all these dangerous felons in custody by March 31.

Wonderful Utopia, emmett. If you wrote it, good for you.

How I wish it could be this way!

Okay, if I do vote it'll be for Bob Barr in honor of the dream of good government for a change.

emmett
07-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Wonderful Utopia, emmett. If you wrote it, good for you.

How I wish it could be this way!

Okay, if I do vote it'll be for Bob Barr in honor of the dream of good government for a change.

Oh, I wrote it all right. The thing is that we do look at this silly article and think it unfathomable. The fact is, it IS POSSIBLE! I wonder what was going on in the mind of one of the men in that room in Philidelphia. Certainly it must have seemed just as much a "dream" or "utopia" as I saw described, to think that we could actually defeat the British Army. That must have seemed a joke but those men committed their lives to it, the suicide mission. It was worth it.

What is life without freedom? Well, limited freedom is better than being dead right? I mean hell, a little compromise ain't that bad. So we have to have our butthole checked to get on an airplane, worry that some federali is listening to our intimate conversation with our lover and wonder if the gustapo is going to arrest us because we sold a car for 11,000 dollars and the guy paid us in cash. We can live with government holding us down, pulling our wallet out of our pocket, taking our hard earned dollars and giving to some worthless sap who is too lazy to work and support his illegitimate children. Man, I don't think John Hancock had that in mind when he scraped that ink onto that document, do you?

A vote for the Libertarian Party this election will equal what those brave men did that day in Philidelphia. It will say to your elected officails, your fellow Americans and to YOURSELF that you are tired of it and you REALLY want it to change. We have a unique opportunity to send a message equal to a shot heard around the world. It will say that you DO have a choice. Yes, like those men in that room, who thought certainly that they were doomed for their actions and that what they were doing was merely declaring that they had had enough, YOU can band together with your fellow Americans to send a message to the Elephants and Asses, that you disagree with the way they have destroyed our system of government. Just picture any one of them on Fox News Sunday Morning, the Sunday after the election trying to explain why in the hell three million American citizens voted for a Libertarian candidate for president of the United States of America. Nothing and I mean NOTHING that Americans have the opportunity to do could begin to match the statement we could make, more than that! You all know in your hearts that what I am saying is absolutely true. You may wrote something else here, but that guy you shave with knows the deal.

KitchenKitten99
07-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Even if the two lose, if we get enough voters to at least give them a decent percentage, maybe it will send a message to both parties that a good portion of us are sick of it all?

I know I will be a little more involved from this point. I signed up on Root's website to receive literature and see what I can do to volunteer for his campaign.

Monkeybone
07-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Even if the two lose, if we get enough voters to at least give them a decent percentage, maybe it will send a message to both parties that a good portion of us are sick of it all?

I know I will be a little more involved from this point. I signed up on Root's website to receive literature and see what I can do to volunteer for his campaign.

sometimes it seems that the only way to get both Parties attention would be to kick them all out of office and start over. just another reason why there should be term limits.

emmett
07-02-2008, 12:05 PM

Now you're getting it! :clap:

Think of yourself as a civil soldier for Liberty. Tell friends, direct them to absorb information about the LP. Once they recieve it they will join. The message of Liberty is strong all by itself.

The two party system as we know it is about to change. There will be those who will tire themselves trying to tell you that you are waisting your time. Fortunately you have already realized the methodology, numbers! There is strength in numbers. Communists never elected a soul to a national office in this country but I don't have to tell you how they influenced the political thinking of the democratic party throughout history.

Way to go!

mundame
07-02-2008, 12:09 PM

Well, that's the idea. And what can it hurt, if we weren't voting anyway?

Emmett's cheering optimism is beginning to have an effect on me. http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/happysad.gif

Trigg
07-02-2008, 12:13 PM
In a recent poll here in Southern California, only 11 percent knew what Zimbabwe was. Close to 75 percent knew where Britney Spears was born.
Just over half could name both potential candidates for president.

That is just so sad......

mundame
07-02-2008, 12:18 PM
That is just so sad......

They don't know nuffink, but they'll vote...............................

Abbey Marie
07-02-2008, 02:47 PM
There has to be a reason why shows like America's Next Top Model do so well.