PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Floods Highlight Decrepit Infrastructrure

Psychoblues
07-01-2008, 08:48 PM
What can be done? What could have been done? Who is responsible for the infrastructure? Is anyone being held accountable? Does this crumbling infrastructure have anything to do with a lack of attention by the bushies? I think it does and the Dems will use it to demolish the bushies and their likes in 2008 as they did in 2006!!!!!!!!!!

Source: Reuters

CHICAGO (Reuters) - The latest U.S. natural disaster is triggering fresh rounds of concern and debate about how to repair America's aging infrastructure.

The worst Midwest flooding since 1993 has generated images of swamped towns, cracked roads, washed-out bridges, overwhelmed dams, failed levees, broken sewage systems, stunted crops and water-logged refugees.

The losses are in the billions of dollars and still mounting, as the costs of crop losses alone send shocks through the inflation-wracked world food system and threaten insurers.

The disaster has reminded policymakers of the decrepit state of U.S. infrastructure, stirring concerns similar to those following the deadly Minneapolis bridge collapse in 2007 and the flooding of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

Even before the latest flooding, a group representing engineers said the United States needed to spend about $1 trillion more than it does now to bring infrastructure up to par with modern needs and standards..........

More: http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN0127639020080701

My, my, what's a good republican to do? I think you ought to vote for someone that understands and cares about the problems of the infrastructure. No question about it, the bushies don't give one hoot about it.

Mr. P
07-01-2008, 08:53 PM
:lame2:

Psychoblues
07-01-2008, 09:01 PM
'Zat so?

:lame2:

Wut 'cha got, P? Your same ol' same ol' lame shit?

I thought so.

actsnoblemartin
07-01-2008, 10:14 PM
we cant because we would rather spend all our money (the government) on illegal alien scum

What can be done? What could have been done? Who is responsible for the infrastructure? Is anyone being held accountable? Does this crumbling infrastructure have anything to do with a lack of attention by the bushies? I think it does and the Dems will use it to demolish the bushies and their likes in 2008 as they did in 2006!!!!!!!!!!

CHICAGO (Reuters) - The latest U.S. natural disaster is triggering fresh rounds of concern and debate about how to repair America's aging infrastructure.

The worst Midwest flooding since 1993 has generated images of swamped towns, cracked roads, washed-out bridges, overwhelmed dams, failed levees, broken sewage systems, stunted crops and water-logged refugees.

The losses are in the billions of dollars and still mounting, as the costs of crop losses alone send shocks through the inflation-wracked world food system and threaten insurers.

The disaster has reminded policymakers of the decrepit state of U.S. infrastructure, stirring concerns similar to those following the deadly Minneapolis bridge collapse in 2007 and the flooding of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

Even before the latest flooding, a group representing engineers said the United States needed to spend about $1 trillion more than it does now to bring infrastructure up to par with modern needs and standards..........

My, my, what's a good republican to do? I think you ought to vote for someone that understands and cares about the problems of the infrastructure. No question about it, the bushies don't give one hoot about it.

Psychoblues
07-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Soooooo, marty. Stop spending your bucks on the alien scum as you call them and send some of it to Iowa, Illinois and even to me here in the disenfranchised state of Mississippi!!!!!!!!!!!!

we cant because we would rather spend all our money (the government) on illegal alien scum

Would that make you feel better about your miserable self?

CockySOB
07-01-2008, 10:54 PM
I have the same response here as I did for NOLA and Katrina - don't live or build in areas that are extremely likely to flood. Anyone who builds or lives in the Mississippi flood plains is a fool, pure and simple.

Psychoblues
07-01-2008, 11:05 PM
The most agriculturally productive lands in the world are in the flood plains of the Mississippi, CSOB. And the people that work those lands live there as well.

I have the same response here as I did for NOLA and Katrina - don't live or build in areas that are extremely likely to flood. Anyone who builds or lives in the Mississippi flood plains is a fool, pure and simple.

You show more of your ignorance with each more ignorant than the last post that you make.

Mr. P
07-01-2008, 11:19 PM

Yeah BUT big difference here than in NOLA...these folks aren't saying "the Gov" is responsible. Instead they say, "CHIT HAPPENS" we'll be fine.

actsnoblemartin
07-01-2008, 11:22 PM
hahahah

Soooooo, marty. Stop spending your bucks on the alien scum as you call them and send some of it to Iowa, Illinois and even to me here in the disenfranchised state of Mississippi!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont spend my money on illegal alien scum, but thanks for assuming

Would that make you feel better about your miserable self?

You sure youre not talking about yourself :laugh2:

5stringJeff
07-02-2008, 12:11 AM
If Congress didn't earmark funds, and the Dept. of Transportation was allowed to choose the projects that were most needed without political pressure, I think there would be a lot less worrying about infrastructure.

DragonStryk72
07-02-2008, 12:19 AM

Hm, hey, since they claimed the majority, how's that impeachment of bush working out? Oh yeah, it isn't, nothing's being done about it, because they don't need to do anything, they just have to promise to do something, same thing that the Republicans are doing. Hm, notice a pattern in that?

Psychoblues
07-02-2008, 12:20 AM
"If"? 'Zat wut you said, Jeff?

If Congress didn't earmark funds, and the Dept. of Transportation was allowed to choose the projects that were most needed without political pressure, I think there would be a lot less worrying about infrastructure.

If my aunt had testicles I think she would've been my uncle. Does that tell you anything about "if"?

gabosaurus
07-02-2008, 01:00 AM
Infrastructure? That's a nasty word in GOP parts!
Why help our own country when we can make more money helping others?
Or, better yet, spend even more money to destroy them.

Psychoblues
07-02-2008, 01:06 AM
There is more money to be made in destruction, gabby.

Infrastructure? That's a nasty word in GOP parts!
Why help our own country when we can make more money helping others?
Or, better yet, spend even more money to destroy them.

Seriously, you need to get out more often!!!!!!!!!

CockySOB
07-02-2008, 05:59 AM
The most agriculturally productive lands in the world are in the flood plains of the Mississippi, CSOB. And the people that work those lands live there as well.

You show more of your ignorance with each more ignorant than the last post that you make.

Hey dumbfuck, I live just east of St. Louis, MO, and get to cross the river on a regular basis. I know more about the issue than a tanked-up imbecile like you could ever know. A lot of the damage isn't related to farming, but rather to homes (and towns) that spring up as part of the St. Louis major metro area. They build there because it's close to the city and relatively inexpensive.

Get a clue before touching the keyboard again.

CockySOB
07-02-2008, 06:05 AM
Yeah BUT big difference here than in NOLA...these folks aren't saying "the Gov" is responsible. Instead they say, "CHIT HAPPENS" we'll be fine.

There is that. Although some of us think it's time to remove a shit-load of those levees in the Mississippi river system and "de-stress" the river. It's the height of hubris to think that man can hold back the Gulf of Mexico in NOLA, and it's the height of hubris to think that we can constrain the mighty Mississipi.

But you are correct, there is not the outcry over "Pres. Bush is trying to commit genocide" because the Mississippi levees fail....

AFbombloader
07-02-2008, 08:03 AM
How in the hell can you seriously blame Bush and the republicans? Did the affected people and farmers all move there in the last 7 years? Was there not years worth of money not being spent properly by Dem also? This is an American problem, not a party issue. Give you movey to the churches and aid agencies that are going to help these people, if you choose. But quit trying to lay blame on a "natural" event.

AF:salute:

Yurt
07-02-2008, 08:32 AM
There is that. Although some of us think it's time to remove a shit-load of those levees in the Mississippi river system and "de-stress" the river. It's the height of hubris to think that man can hold back the Gulf of Mexico in NOLA, and it's the height of hubris to think that we can constrain the mighty Mississipi.

But you are correct, there is not the outcry over "Pres. Bush is trying to commit genocide" because the Mississippi levees fail....

excellent point, but it has been a great strategy for the dems, pointing the finger away from them has worked wonders, especially when black people are involved...of course bush must be racist, but now that "bitter" white folk are flooding, you hear nothing, not even from big mouth kanye west...

Psychoblues
07-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Hey dumbfuck, I live just east of St. Louis, MO, and get to cross the river on a regular basis. I know more about the issue than a tanked-up imbecile like you could ever know. A lot of the damage isn't related to farming, but rather to homes (and towns) that spring up as part of the St. Louis major metro area. They build there because it's close to the city and relatively inexpensive.

I let this lay here for a day or 2 in order to check the propensities of the management. Let's analyze your statements, CSOB, and the inferences of the actions (or lack of them) subsequent to it.

Like you started out, I'll start our with "dumbfuck". We've had members banned, if only temporarilly, for addressing other members in such a way.

Let's go on to your next idiotic statement. "I live just east of St. Louis, MO, and get to cross the river on a regular basis. I know more about the issue than a tanked-up imbecile like you could ever know." Does that make you as smart or even smarter as you intimate than the United States Corps Of Engineers or are you just lookin' for a fight? Maybe you are the real freakin' imbecile!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? How'd that flood turn out in St. Louis? In this instance, it didn't occur last I checked.

Here's what exposes you as a true imbecile. "A lot of the damage isn't related to farming, but rather to homes (and towns) that spring up as part of the St. Louis major metro area." The damage occured a bit above St. Louis, CSOB. You don't really know much about it, do you? How far above flood stage did the river get in the St. Louis major metro area? Last I checked it never got to flood stage in the St. Louis area.

Here's some more of your bullshit and otherwise ignorance. "They build there because it's close to the city and relatively inexpensive." They build there because the Corps Of Engineers said it was safe there, CSOB, and also because it is somehow affordable for them. And a lot of them enjoy the available fishing they find there, CSOB. Many of them have much more available and disposable cash than either of us. Want to debate that point?

You go on to warn me, "Get a clue before touching the keyboard again." I live in the flood plain, cowgirl, and I completely understand the propensities and the unusual and the unnatural occurances of the Mississippi River. I remain completely unhurt and unaffected even though the last flood in my area occured this past April and part of May. I found alternative residence, sustained my living habits, retained my possessions and even was able to give my animal pets all the care and sustainability they deserved and needed. I wrote a post/thread about it here somewhere. Do I need to find it for you?

Now, what does CSOB stand for? Cock Suckers Order of Brotherhood or Cock Sucker's Official Bastard? Dumbass, indeed?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

I love living on the Mississippi, CSOB. I can't assist you in your misery.