PDA

View Full Version : Iran Sentences Israeli "Spy" To Death

Psychoblues
07-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Holy crap!!!!!!! The man is a telecom industry professional!!!!!!! Does this mean WAR?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Source: Times of India

TEHRAN: Iran has sentenced a telecom salesman to death on charges of spying for Israel, official media reported on Monday. “Ali Ashtari was convicted of spying for Israel and was sentenced to death by the revolutionary court,” the official IRNA news agency reported.

Ashtari was accused of being involved in a plot hatched by the Israel secret services to intercept the communication of Iranian officials working in the military and its contested nuclear programme. Ashtari still has time to appeal the verdict with a higher court.

“He fell into the trap of the foreign intelligence services. They took advantage of his situation. They asked him to cooperate and he cooperated,” the Mehr news agency quoted an intelligence source as saying.

The verdict comes amid an intensifying war of words between Iran and its regional arch enemy Israel, which has never ruled out military action to halt the former’s nuclear programme. Tehran, however, maintains that its nuclear programme is aimed only at producing electricity...........

More: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Iran_sentences_Israeli_spy_to_death/articleshow/3180993.cms

Is there no shame for these people?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!??!?!?

hjmick
07-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Psychoblues
07-01-2008, 09:09 PM
"Zat so?

Something is rotten in the nation of Denmark.

They are the happiest nation on the planet!!!!!!!! Do you have a problem with that? I bet they ain't at all worried about you or what you think?!?!?!?!?!:laugh2::laugh2:

Kathianne
07-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

No shit. They are 'happy' because they are not responsible, that falls upon others in the EU.

Funny thing that EU, not one state will vote aye.

Psychoblues
07-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Pitiful, kitty, pitiful.

No shit. They are 'happy' because they are not responsible, that falls upon others in the EU.

Funny thing that EU, not one state will vote aye.

As you attempt as a self described discerner of the truth I thought I knew you better.

actsnoblemartin
07-01-2008, 10:08 PM
you saw the report too :laugh2:

"Zat so?

They are the happiest nation on the planet!!!!!!!! Do you have a problem with that? I bet they ain't at all worried about you or what you think?!?!?!?!?!:laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues
07-01-2008, 10:21 PM
I started a thread about it hours ago, marty. I thought you would have seen it by now?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

you saw the report too :laugh2:

Do I need to go find it and point it out to you?

I won't call you Dynamo anymore, Mr. Dynamic. Not because you said you didn't like it but more because it really doesn't fit anyway. marty is about as good as it gets for you, don't you know?!?!?!?!?!?!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
07-01-2008, 11:23 PM
call me whatever you want :laugh2:, I still have all the love and respect for you as a person and a patriot :salute:, even when we disagree

I started a thread about it hours ago, marty. I thought you would have seen it by now?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Do I need to go find it and point it out to you?

I won't call you Dynamo anymore, Mr. Dynamic. Not because you said you didn't like it but more because it really doesn't fit anyway. marty is about as good as it gets for you, don't you know?!?!?!?!?!?!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues
07-01-2008, 11:59 PM
Thanks marty. I knew you would feel that way.

call me whatever you want :laugh2:, I still have all the love and respect for you as a person and a patriot :salute:, even when we disagree

BTW, I put you on my list. no, not the shit list but the other one as you requested.

actsnoblemartin
07-02-2008, 09:27 PM
yay :clap:

:)

Im glad we can verbally joust and still be cool afterwords, you truly are the man :salute:

Thanks marty. I knew you would feel that way.

BTW, I put you on my list. no, not the shit list but the other one as you requested.

gabosaurus
07-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Are we going to discuss the topic or just sit down for drinks?

hjmick
07-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Are we going to discuss the topic or just sit down for drinks?

What's this "we" crap? This post does nothing to further the discussion any more than those you are complaining about.

Now, to the topic at hand...

It seems to me you either take the word of a paranoid, antagonistic government, or you take the word of a paranoid, allied government. Either way, I would be curious to see the evidence and tapes of the interrogation.

gabosaurus
07-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Iran has just as much right to charge someone as a "spy" as Israel does. And does quite often.

hjmick
07-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Iran has just as much right to charge someone as a "spy" as Israel does. And does quite often.

I'm not saying they don't. Hell, just this morning they seized four Saudi fishing boats and their crews. No telling what they'll be charged with.

I'm just asking, who do we trust? Are we to believe the official Iranian account? What was the evidence that led Iran to charge the man? His confession alone? If so, what was the interrogation like? Or is this simply a chance to persecute a Jew?

It boils down to credibility. Does Iran have enough for the world to believe their version of events?

Have the Israelis even made comment on the case in question?

gabosaurus
07-03-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm just asking, who do we trust? Are we to believe the official ... account? What was the evidence that led ... to charge the man? His confession alone? If so, what was the interrogation like? Or is this simply a chance to persecute a ...?

Change a few words and this could be about Gitmo or Abu Ghraib.

hjmick
07-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Change a few words and this could be about Gitmo or Abu Ghraib.

Don't think that didn't cross my mind as I typed it.

Psychoblues
07-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Just what went across your mind, hmjick?

Don't think that didn't cross my mind as I typed it.

Spit it out so we'll all know!!!!!!!!!!!