PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Airport Bans Guns, Lawsuit Filed

Psychoblues
07-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Just where do these gun nuts think they're gonna get with this? Somebody needs to just shoot them.

Source: Associated Press, Yahoo

ATLANTA - The nation's busiest airport dueled with gun rights advocates Tuesday over whether a new Georgia state law allows visitors to carry firearms at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.

City officials in charge of the airport declared it a "gun-free zone" when a law allowing people to carry guns on public transit and other places took effect Tuesday. Gun rights supporters, including a state legislator who helped pass the law, quickly filed a lawsuit in federal court challenging the designation.

"My message is simple: Leave your firearms at home," airport general manager Ben DeCosta told reporters at a news conference.

Atlanta officials said anyone carrying a gun at the airport could be arrested and charged with a misdemeanor."

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080701/ap_on_re_us/airport_guns

They're pushing their luck and the aftermath ain't gonna be pretty. Carry on, soldiers of the ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. P
07-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Just where do these gun nuts think they're gonna get with this? Somebody needs to just shoot them.

Source: Associated Press, Yahoo

ATLANTA - The nation's busiest airport dueled with gun rights advocates Tuesday over whether a new Georgia state law allows visitors to carry firearms at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.

City officials in charge of the airport declared it a "gun-free zone" when a law allowing people to carry guns on public transit and other places took effect Tuesday. Gun rights supporters, including a state legislator who helped pass the law, quickly filed a lawsuit in federal court challenging the designation.

"My message is simple: Leave your firearms at home," airport general manager Ben DeCosta told reporters at a news conference.

Atlanta officials said anyone carrying a gun at the airport could be arrested and charged with a misdemeanor."

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080701/ap_on_re_us/airport_guns

They're pushing their luck and the aftermath ain't gonna be pretty. Carry on, soldiers of the ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!

So you think legal CCW holders are going to walk into the airport an shoot it-up now?:lame2: just like the Mayor here.

Hobbit
07-01-2008, 11:41 PM
As a resident of Georgia, I think I can offer some insight. The Georgia state legislature is very conservative right now and is moving libertarian. The city of Atlanta is run by a bunch of bleeding heart, yellow dog liberals, most of them black race baiters who get elected by telling the Atlanta black community that a vote for the other guy is a vote for segregation. The Georgia legislature has, for years, been trying to loosen the gun laws in the states, but Atlanta keeps butting heads with them. The new law clearly protects the right of Georgians to carry firearms into Hartsfield International Airport, except in those areas where firearms are prohibited by federal law (the other side of security). I don't think a whole lot of people are going to take advantage of that, but that's not the point. The point is that the Atlanta city government is, as they often do, openly defying the state government. The state government has bigger muscles and this lawsuit is about proving it to the city.

Psychoblues
07-01-2008, 11:50 PM
So, you think the lawsuit has merit? Please, stay out of any airport where I fly from or to, Hartsfield or otherwise, OK?

I didn't allow any guns other than my own in my music store and I would throw your ass out in a New York second for bringing one into my store. In other words, I would very quickly put you in a position to use the damned thing or abide my policy. It really is that simple. One or both of us was about to be leaving on a stretcher and I didn't take "I don't agree with your policy" as any annwer.

5stringJeff
07-02-2008, 12:14 AM
So, you think the lawsuit has merit? Please, stay out of any airport where I fly from or to, Hartsfield or otherwise, OK?

I didn't allow any guns other than my own in my music store and I would throw your ass out in a New York second for bringing one into my store. In other words, I would very quickly put you in a position to use the damned thing or abide my policy. It really is that simple. One or both of us was about to be leaving on a stretcher and I didn't take "I don't agree with your policy" as any annwer.

That's different. As a private store owner, you could refuse to allow anyone with guns to enter. As a public port, the Atlanta airport is open to anyone and everyone, and the law that went into effect today allows CCW holders to carry in public buildings, such as the airport, on the outside of the security checkpoints. So what if someone's carrying concealed there? They're carrying everywhere else.

DragonStryk72
07-02-2008, 12:28 AM

Why, do you believe Hobbit is robbing you? Speaking as a New Yorker, I want a guy like hobbit in the store, especially armed, cause believe this or not, when more regular citizens carry guns, crime drops. why? Because as the chance of taking a bullet in the ass increases, the willingness to risk it drops by the same amount.

Psychoblues
07-02-2008, 12:32 AM
By law, jeff, my store was also open to everyone without discrimination as in accordance with federal, state and local jurisdiction.

That's different. As a private store owner, you could refuse to allow anyone with guns to enter. As a public port, the Atlanta airport is open to anyone and everyone, and the law that went into effect today allows CCW holders to carry in public buildings, such as the airport, on the outside of the security checkpoints. So what if someone's carrying concealed there? They're carrying everywhere else.

Although I made exceptions for uniformed policemen and others that I knew to be law enforcement types I made no exceptions for those with whom I did not know to have my particular best interests at hand. For others it was one rule. No Guns. I still have a lil' 25 auto Titan I took off a punk that disagreed with my policy. Last I heard he was still gonna sue me and also the last I heard he never even filed any complaint. I still have his lil' shooter with the same ammo minus one round that I took from him over 10 years ago. If he comes up on my porch looking for it I'll use another of the 6 rounds left in it to explain to him that he no longer owns the pistol.

As you have demonstrated to me, jeff, rules is rules and it doesn't matter whether I agree or not, dig it?

Dig it?