PDA

View Full Version : Webb Admonishes McCain. Military History Not Executive Qualification

Psychoblues
07-02-2008, 12:16 AM
The historical military qualifications of John McCain do not qualify him to any national executive position. Where will this argument wind up?

"Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.) waded into the debate over John McCain's military service Monday to say that the Republican should avoid using military service in politics.

Webb, a Barack Obama supporter, was on MSNBC's "Countdown" to talk about his G.I. Bill to increase education benefits for returning veterans which is now law. Webb criticized both McCain and President Bush for not supporting the bill. Then, unprompted, Webb weighed in on the debate over retired Gen. Wesley Clark's remark that "riding in a fighter plane and getting shot down" isn't "a qualification to be president."

"I think what we really need to work on over the next four, five months, and it goes back to the speech that Sen. Obama gave [Monday] and this little fight that I've been watching and that is, we need to make sure that we take politics out of service," Webb said. "People don't serve their country for political issues."

He continued: "And John McCain's my long-time friend, if that is one area that I would ask him to calm down on, it`s that, don't be standing up and uttering your political views and implying that all the people in the military support them because they don't, any more than when the Democrats have political issues during the Vietnam War. Let's get the politics out of the military, take care of our military people, or have our political arguments in other areas."

More: http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2008/07/01/webb-mccain-should-calm-down-on-using-military-service/

I've certainly used my military history to both obtain and to qualify for particular jobs and positions. Where's the beef? I think this is one where I really do agree with what I think most of you will have to say about this issue.

Psychoblues
10-03-2008, 01:05 AM
Obviously you don't want to talk about it. That's cool, but it will come up again in the next few weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

stephanie
10-03-2008, 01:12 AM
Naa..don't use your military service to your country...

let me see...who was it who ran up on the stage in their old military uniform a few yrs. ago and said...I'm here reporting for duty...

hmmmm, hmmmm, hummmmmm

you people have completely lost your friggin minds...:laugh2:

Psychoblues
10-03-2008, 01:22 AM
Double post

Psychoblues
10-03-2008, 01:25 AM
Military uniform? I don't remember that, stevie. I do know who you're talking about. Did you see all those swift boat liars and all those lying jerks had to say? I wonder who paid for all that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

let me see...who was it who ran up on the stage in their old military uniform a few yrs. ago and said...I'm here reporting for duty...

hmmmm, hmmmm, hummmmmm

Like I said and even the Republicans agree, military service is not qualification for the presidency of the United States of America. The Constitution is very clear about that. Or, didn't you know?

stephanie
10-03-2008, 01:38 AM
Military uniform? I don't remember that, stevie. I do know who you're talking about. Did you see all those swift boat liars and all those lying jerks had to say? I wonder who paid for all that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Like I said and even the Republicans agree, military service is not qualification for the presidency of the United States of America. The Constitution is very clear about that. Or, didn't you know?

I guess as long as you're a COMMUNITY ORGINIZER, that is all the experience you need..you people are a joke as is the bozo boy wonder you have foisted on the American people...

Psychoblues
10-03-2008, 01:55 AM
What kind of community organizing have you ever been involved in, stevie?

I guess as long as you're a COMMUNITY ORGINIZER, that is all the experience you need..you people are a joke as is the bozo boy wonder you have foisted on the American people...

And a nightly march to the club to get freaking out of your mind drunk with your buds ain't exactly community organizing, don't you know, Ms. Lions Club admitted drunk?

Like I've told you before, stevie, I am a Lion and I have never seen one drop of alcohol in my club.

stephanie
10-03-2008, 09:56 AM
What kind of community organizing have you ever been involved in, stevie?

And a nightly march to the club to get freaking out of your mind drunk with your buds ain't exactly community organizing, don't you know, Ms. Lions Club admitted drunk?

Like I've told you before, stevie, I am a Lion and I have never seen one drop of alcohol in my club.

:lol:coming from the biggest drunk of drunks..you don't like it when you get shown your ass for a stupid post you post, so you start lashing out at people..
as for what the Lions Club in Alaska did, I'm sure they didn't run around and fret..oh my we wonder what the Psycho dude is gonna say about us...go dry out..:cheers2:

Sitarro
10-03-2008, 12:56 PM

hmmmm, hmmmm, hummmmmm

I didn't go to Vietnam and I still came within 4 months of being there as long as Kerry. This guy has gotten more mileage out of 120 days than Osamabama has out of his 143 in the Senate........ that's not even enough time to get you out of your probationary period at the airport throwing bags.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Sitarro
10-03-2008, 01:06 PM

PDiddy is doing the same kind of ripoff community organizing that Osamabama did........ he finds people that don't give a shit about politics to even register to vote and he brings the form to them, holds their hand, helps them sign their name and then takes them for fried chicken on the way to the polls........ very impressive work, the guy should be ashamed at what he needs to do to geta vote. I wonder if he offers up his wife for payment on a vote.

This video is so very impressive, how can anyone not want what this genius wants...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TuqfUuRMts&feature=related

Yurt
10-03-2008, 01:17 PM
http://www.geomsn.com/data/thumbnails/47/Got_Pot.jpg

Immanuel
10-03-2008, 01:25 PM
So, let me see if I understand the point that Senator Webb is trying to make. Senator McCain is not qualified to lead the country because he can't count his military experience as experience, yet Senator Obama who has no experience at anything beyond organizing a community is well qualified.

The funny thing is that I doubt Senator Obama did much more than lend his voice (which listening to his forked tongue today must have been quite helpful) to the community while others actually did the work. But this qualifies a junior Senator with less than a full term in the Senate to lead?

What a crock of shit.

Immie

Psychoblues
10-05-2008, 09:50 PM
I think the only legitamate comparison is demonstrated judgement, immie.

So, let me see if I understand the point that Senator Webb is trying to make. Senator McCain is not qualified to lead the country because he can't count his military experience as experience, yet Senator Obama who has no experience at anything beyond organizing a community is well qualified.

The funny thing is that I doubt Senator Obama did much more than lend his voice (which listening to his forked tongue today must have been quite helpful) to the community while others actually did the work. But this qualifies a junior Senator with less than a full term in the Senate to lead?

What a crock of shit.

Immie

So far it's about 25 to 0 in favor of Obama, if you're keeping score.