PDA

View Full Version : Legal Jihad

Kathianne
07-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Remember the two 'veiled women' that Obama's staff pushed out of camera way? The flying imams? The taxi drivers that refused to transport others?

Here's another from UK, way over the top. Links at site:

http://www.classicalvalues.com/archives/2008/07/post_824.html

Think it can't happen here?

I was appalled to read that a small business owner in England (a woman who operates a "urban and edgy," and "funky" hair salon) was sued by a devoutly religious Muslim woman who refused to work without her head covered. Which means the owner has "had to shell out $8,000 for hurting a veiled Muslim job applicant's feelings":

when Desrosiers advertised for a junior assistant, it was reasonable for her to exercise her judgment as to who would fit the image of her "funky" salon:

"I sell image -- it's very important -- and I would expect a hair stylist to display her hair because I need people to be drawn in off the street," said Ms. Desrosiers. "If someone came in wearing a baseball hat or a cowboy hat I'd tell them to take it off while they're working. To me, it's absolutely basic that people should be able to see the stylist's hair."

Muslim applicant Bushra Noah, pictured below, does not fit the image. She is pointedly, reproachfully un-funky, a silent admonition to those infidel women who dare to flaunt their hair and a deterrent to precisely the kind of customer Desrosiers wishes to attract.

There's a picture of "Bushra" there, and a picture of the owner here, and the contrast couldn't be starker....

Monkeybone
07-02-2008, 10:11 AM
read this before and the only reason we are hearing about it is.....*ding ding ding* becasue she is a muslim! if it would've been anyone else of any other religion it wouldn't have mattered. and since she was the one out of the 25 other interviews that "hurt her feelings the most", that is why she is suing her. give me a break. i would almost like to see what other places she tried to get a job at and why they said no.

Yurt
07-02-2008, 10:13 AM
i put more blame on england for forcing this business owner to pay. if the people are strong and put a foot down on this BS, these kind of BS claims will go away.

midcan5
07-02-2008, 10:13 AM
hmm...what does my hair have to do with cutting another's hair? The complaint was religious discrimination. I'm up in the air on this one, but if a society is welcome to all then this should not have been an issue.

Monkeybone
07-02-2008, 10:15 AM
hmm...what does my hair have to do with cutting another's hair? The complaint was religious discrimination. I'm up in the air on this one, but if a society is welcome to all then this should not have been an issue.

she wants her to show off hairstyles.

I sell image -- it's very important -- and I would expect a hair stylist to display her hair because I need people to be drawn in off the street," said Ms. Desrosiers. "If someone came in wearing a baseball hat or a cowboy hat I'd tell them to take it off while they're working. To me, it's absolutely basic that people should be able to see the stylist's hair." found it! right there in the opening post/quote :cheers2:

Yurt
07-02-2008, 10:16 AM

no it is not religious discrimination, like the owner said, if someone wore a baseball cap, cowboy hat, she would have them take it off. it is her salon, her image, in the hair fashion world, image sells.

and "if a society is welcome to all" ... what about the business owner being welcome to her right to market her image?

Kathianne
07-02-2008, 10:20 AM

The owner did not hire her based on the scarf. Neither did 24 others. When going into a salon, especially the pricey ones in the city, I expect that those working there will appear to have the styles they are known for.

Since it seems her personal mores include wearing the scarf, perhaps she should be working in a salon that caters to Muslims. That would make sense. Go into salons that specialize in the care of African styles, one won't find a lot of Caucasians, though not hiring them wouldn't necessarily be racism, rather a reasonable business decision.

midcan5
07-02-2008, 10:21 AM
no it is not religious discrimination, like the owner said,

And you believe the owner? Suppose the applicant were Christian.

namvet
07-02-2008, 10:21 AM
you do have to be careful. these muslim whores do wear C-4 belts.

midcan5
07-02-2008, 10:23 AM
The owner did not hire her based on the scarf. Neither did 24 others. When going into a salon, especially the pricey ones in the city, I expect that those working there will appear to have the styles they are known for.

And the men would be in drag? Sorry Monkeybone is right, if she wasn't Muslim we would have saved a little bandwidth today.

Kathianne
07-02-2008, 10:23 AM

If Christian and wearing a veil or just a poor style, wouldn't have gotten the job. Considering the clientele, probably wouldn't hire anyone over a certain age either, which in this case, would also be a business decision.

Monkeybone
07-02-2008, 10:24 AM
then you don't apply for a job that has requirements that go against your religion. see post #7

midcan5
07-02-2008, 10:24 AM
you do have to be careful. these muslim whores do wear C-4 belts.

And Nammy adds his usual perspective.

Monkeybone
07-02-2008, 10:25 AM

i don't think that i would get my haircut my a man in drag...just a personal thing. of course...he might be really good.....

Gaffer
07-03-2008, 02:36 PM
More stealth jihad. She's a mulsim and probably affiliated with some activist group. Once again setting a precedence with the courts and the laws in order to get sharia law established.