PDA

View Full Version : July 1 Poll: Obama 46%, McCain 43%

5stringJeff
07-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Looks like both Barr and Nader are having an effect on the race:

-----------------
The latest CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll out today shows Barack Obama leading but in a statistical dead heat against John McCain, 50%-45%, with a 3.5% margin of error.... the poll shows the race tightens when the bids of two third-party candidates are taken in to account. In a four way race with Independent Ralph Nader and Libertarian Bob Barr, Obama’s lead narrows 46%-43%, with Nader earning 6% to Barr’s 3%.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/07/01/new-poll-shows-statistical-dead-heat-in-presidential-race/

mundame
07-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Nader earning 6% to Barr’s 3%.

Nader is getting more votes than the Libertarian????

I would NOT have predicted that, after the disasters with Nader the last elections.

mundame
07-02-2008, 12:00 PM
I guess it just means leftwingers are less reluctant to go for splinter groups than rightwingers. More purist.

"Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line."

Some real truth to that.

5stringJeff
07-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Nader is getting more votes than the Libertarian????

I would NOT have predicted that, after the disasters with Nader the last elections.

I would chalk it up to two things:

1. Nader is more well known than Barr, having run in the previous two elections.

2. The Green Party is a more natural substitute for the Democrats than the LP is for the GOP. Libertarians endorse policies that appeal to freedom-loving individuals of both establishment parties (e.g. Dems and civil liberties, GOP and ecomonic freedom), whereas the Green Party is just further left politically than the Dems.

mundame
07-02-2008, 12:13 PM
I would chalk it up to two things:

1. Nader is more well known than Barr, having run in the previous two elections.

2. The Green Party is a more natural substitute for the Democrats than the LP is for the GOP. Libertarians endorse policies that appeal to freedom-loving individuals of both establishment parties (e.g. Dems and civil liberties, GOP and ecomonic freedom), whereas the Green Party is just further left politically than the Dems.

I expect you are right about all that.

07-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Interesting. look's like this race is still wide open.

What's really amazing me is McCain hasn't done Jack. Yet despite that and despite the media so obviously trying to pull for Obama, this race is within the margin of error. Keeping in mind that California has a large population, i think this looks pretty good for McCain. Now if only he would do something.

mythbuster
07-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Looks like both Barr and Nader are having an effect on the race:

-----------------
The latest CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll out today shows Barack Obama leading but in a statistical dead heat against John McCain, 50%-45%, with a 3.5% margin of error.... the poll shows the race tightens when the bids of two third-party candidates are taken in to account. In a four way race with Independent Ralph Nader and Libertarian Bob Barr, Obama’s lead narrows 46%-43%, with Nader earning 6% to Barr’s 3%.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/07/01/new-poll-shows-statistical-dead-heat-in-presidential-race/

WRONG!!! ZOGBY poll TODAY has Obama up 44 to 38%. Barr stealing 6%.

Which Neo Nut told me Barr and Nader weren't going to affect the race? Another big fat I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

glockmail
07-07-2008, 12:35 PM
"Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line."

Some real truth to that.
Liberals react emotionally, Conservatives react pragmatically. So I agree.

mundame
07-07-2008, 12:41 PM

Zogby is leftist and his poll predicted Kerry would WIN the 2004 election. It was the only poll that did.

Any poll by Zogby's organization, I discount immediately.

I'm not crazy about Rasmussen the Rong, either.

mythbuster
07-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Zogby is leftist and his poll predicted Kerry would WIN the 2004 election. It was the only poll that did.

But Kerry did win. Do you forget that Ken Blackwell stole the Ohio election? They threw out votes. They put 2 voting machines in black precincts so they had to wait 4 hours to vote. Ken Blackwell hurried up and certified the vote so Kerry could not get a recount.

They did a lot of the same things they did in 2000. Are you just hoping we will forget that Bush didn't really win the last two elections? Then you aren't being intellectually honest with me and screw that.

http://www.freepress.org/departments/display/19/2007/2920

I'm sorry, but you are retarded. All the US Federal Prosecutors are loyal Bushies. So for them to actually send two ohio election officials to jail for 18 months is all the proof you should need that they stole the Ohio election.

And we also have plenty of proof they stole Florida, much the same way that they stole Florida, only Ohio didn't go to the Supreme Court because Blackwell figured out how not to have a recount.

Silly bastard. Unpatriotic, unamerican, unethical, illegal, immoral, etc.

mythbuster
07-07-2008, 01:18 PM

These two women went to jail for stealing the Ohio election. But they didn't rat on anyone above them. Just like goodfella's, they know it is better to go to jail for 18 months than it is to rat on their bosses:

A judge suspicious of more corruption pressed two former election board workers to tell what they know and then sentenced them today to the maximum 18 months in prison for rigging the 2004 presidential election recount to make their job easier.

“I can’t help but feel there’s more to this story,” said Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court Judge Peter Corrigan, who allowed the women to remain free on bond pending appeal. Some of their friends and relatives sobbed as the judge imposed the sentence.

mythbuster
07-07-2008, 01:22 PM

Blackwell gained national prominence for his dual roles as Chief Elections Official of Ohio and honorary co-chair of the "Committee to re-elect George W. Bush" during the 2004 election. Allegations of conflict of interest and voter disenfranchisement led to the filing of at least sixteen related lawsuits naming Blackwell.

TALK ABOUT A CONFLICT OF INTEREST? REMINDS ME OF KATHERINE HARRIS. IF YOU DON'T REMEMBER HER, ITS BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT INFORMED ENOUGH TO VOTE.

I GUESS NEW ENGLAND PATRIOT FANS DIDN'T CARE IF THE COACH WAS CHEATING, AS LONG AS THEY WON, RIGHT?

I JUST FIND IT FASCINATING THAT YOU REPUBLICANS DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR MOST POWERFUL AND PRECIOUS RIGHT (THATS YOUR VOTE STUDID)

07-07-2008, 01:31 PM
But Kerry did win. Do you forget that Ken Blackwell stole the Ohio election? They threw out votes. They put 2 voting machines in black precincts so they had to wait 4 hours to vote. Ken Blackwell hurried up and certified the vote so Kerry could not get a recount.

They did a lot of the same things they did in 2000. Are you just hoping we will forget that Bush didn't really win the last two elections? Then you aren't being intellectually honest with me and screw that.

I'm sorry, but you are retarded. All the US Federal Prosecutors are loyal Bushies. So for them to actually send two ohio election officials to jail for 18 months is all the proof you should need that they stole the Ohio election.

And we also have plenty of proof they stole Florida, much the same way that they stole Florida, only Ohio didn't go to the Supreme Court because Blackwell figured out how not to have a recount.

You cant be serious. No one is this stupid.

mundame
07-07-2008, 02:01 PM
But Kerry did win.

No, Kerry lost, of course. To think otherwise is simply conspiracist thinking. You need to be careful about paranoia --- it can sneak up on you when you aren't looking and destroy your mind.

Do you forget that Ken Blackwell stole the Ohio election? They threw out votes. They put 2 voting machines in black precincts so they had to wait 4 hours to vote. Ken Blackwell hurried up and certified the vote so Kerry could not get a recount.

This is all complete nonsense.

There were problems with Florida, we all know that. The Supreme Court settled an intractable problem very likely to end up in the streets as a previous hung election did during the 1800s. I think they did the right thing, to use their clout to settle a situation not easy to clarify under the circumstances, but I agree we got a bad president out of it; 72% of the people now think that, since he has only a 28% approval rating last I looked. However, that was then and this is now.

Is this to my address? I can't figure out who you are insulting, as I have not commented on anyone jailing election officials in Ohio and don't know anything about that.

It's not obvious that convicting Ohio election officials on charges I have no idea what they were --- could have been perversion with little boys for all I know --- has anything to do with anyone "stealing" an election.

I voted for Kerry myself --- after the state promotion of torture I couldn't vote for Bush! --- but I do not think either election was stolen, certainly not in Ohio. Stealing elections is not all that easy in this country, and probably hasn't happened since the Democrats delivered Illinois to J.F. Kennedy, probably fraudulently.

Who is all this venting AT?

mythbuster
07-07-2008, 02:37 PM
[QUOTE=mundame;268005]No, Kerry lost, of course. To think otherwise is simply conspiracist thinking. IN AN AGE WHERE LIES BECOME THE NORM, TRUTH BECOMES PROVACATIVE.

This is all complete nonsense.

WHAT IS COMPLETE NONSENSE? GO HERE AND TELL ME IT'S NONSENSE. www.bradblog.com ALL OVER THE COUNTRY STATES ARE FINDING OUT THAT BIG GOP CONTRIBUTORS ARE THE OWNERS OF THESE VOTING MACHINES. YOU DON'T SEE A PROBLEM WITH THAT? JUST DO A SEARCH FOR "HOW OHIO ELECTION WAS STOLEN" AND YOU WILL GET MORE THAN ENOUGH INFORMATION.

I have not commented on anyone jailing election officials in Ohio and don't know anything about that.

It's not obvious that convicting Ohio election officials on charges I have no idea what they were ---

THANK YOU FOR AT LEAST ADMITTING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. IF IT IS YOUR FIRST TIME LEARNING OF ALL THIS, RESEARCH THE FACTS AND THEN FORMULATE YOUR OPINION.

THE REASON I THOUGHT YOU WERE A RIGHT WING WACKO WAS BECAUSE YOU ARE SAYING THE SAME THINGS THEY DID AFTER THE 2000 ELECTION. I DON'T THINK YOU ARE BEING INTELLECTUALLY DISHONEST. I THINK YOU HAVE BEEN DUPED.

EVERYTIME I MENTION 2000 OR 2004, NEO CON'S ALWAYS BRING UP MAYOR DALEY. I WASN'T OLD ENOUGH TO BE OUTRAGED BACK THEN, BUT I AM NOW.

ANYWAYS, I'LL HAVE TO GET TO KNOW YOU BETTER BEFORE I DETERMINE IF YOU ARE JUST UNINFORMED OR INSINCERE. AS OF RIGHT NOW, I DON'T BELIEVE YOU VOTED FOR KERRY.

IF YOU VOTED FOR KERRY ONLY BECAUSE OF TORTURE, THEN YOU ARE A ONE ISSUE VOTER, AND THOSE VOTERS ARE EASILY CONNED.

BUT THANK YOU FOR ADMITTING YOU HAD NO CLUE ABOUT THE VOTER FRAUD THAT WENT ON IN OHIO.

IF YOU ARE TRULY NOT A NEO CON, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GO TO BRADBLOG OR BLACKBOX VOTING AND THEY HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION ON HOW OHIO AND FLORIDA WERE STOLEN. IT'S NOT A CONSPIRACY. IT'S A BLACK EYE ON AMERICA. JUST LIKE PAKISTAN AND THAT MUGABI IN AFRICA, AMERICA HAS CORRUPT ELECTIONS!!! WE ARE EVEN ON AN INTERNATIONAL LIST OF COUNTRIES WITH SUSPECTED CORRUPT ELECTIONS. THAT'S HORRIBLE!!!

WHAT IS NONSENSE ABOUT KEN BLACKWELL HURRING UP AND CERTIFYING THE OHIO VOTE WHEN KERRY WAS ASKING FOR A RECOUNT. ONCE THE ELECTORAL VOTES ARE CERTIFIED, IT IS TOO LATE FOR A RECOUNT. VERY CLEVER. AND WHAT IS NONSENSE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE IN HIGHLY DEMOCRATIC DISTRICTS HAVING TO WAIT 4 HOURS TO VOTE? WOULD YOU WAIT 4 HOURS? GIMME A BREAK.

SO WE KNOW THEIR VOTING MACHINES ARE CORRUPT, WE KNOW ELECTION OFFICIALS WERE CORRUPT, WE KNOW KEN BLACKWELL WAS CORRUPT, WE KNOW THAT VOTERS WERE CAGED.

a technique of voter suppression. A caging list is a list or database of addresses, updated after a mailing program is completed, with notations on responses received from recipients, with corrections for addresses that mail has been returned undelivered from, or forwarded onward from.

THEY ACTUALLY CAGED BLACK MILITARY MEN. THEY SENT THESE MAILERS TO THEIR HOMES, WHEN THEY WERE SERVING IN IRAQ. SO WHEN THE MILITARY MEN DIDN'T FILL OUT THE FORMS AND SEND THEM BACK, BECAUSE THEY WERE SERVING YOU, THEIR VOTES WERE THROWN OUT.

WAKE UP IF YOU DON'T KNOW BY NOW THAT THE GOP STOLE FLORIDA AND OHIO. THANK GOD IT WON'T BE CLOSE ENOUGH THIS NOVEMBER FOR THEM TO THREEPEAT.

AND YOU ARE PROOF THE MEDIA ISN'T LIBERAL. IF IT WERE, YOU'D KNOW THIS STUFF.

theHawk
07-07-2008, 02:49 PM

Apparently you are the retard, and can't read your own link. It only said there was a "possibility" of election fraud in Ohio. There was no proof that any vote counts were changed. And I love how you assume that if it did happen it would only go in the Republican's favor, and not democrats.

You're also still crying about Florida? Kerry lost no matter how many times you recount it. Get over it.

mythbuster
07-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Apparently you are the retard, and can't read your own link. It only said there was a "possibility" of election fraud in Ohio. There was no proof that any vote counts were changed. And I love how you assume that if it did happen it would only go in the Republican's favor, and not democrats.

You're also still crying about Florida? Kerry lost no matter how many times you recount it. Get over it.

read my next/previous post stupid. it ALL went the GOP's way. god you are dumb!!!!

theHawk
07-07-2008, 02:58 PM
read my next/previous post stupid. it ALL went the GOP's way. god you are dumb!!!!

ROFL, so says the NY times. THE most liberal bias media machine in the world.

Get a grip loser. :lol:

mythbuster
07-07-2008, 03:08 PM
ROFL, so says the NY times. THE most liberal bias media machine in the world.

Get a grip loser. :lol:

1. DO YOU EXPECT FOX NEWS TO REPORT THIS?
2. THANK YOU FOR PROVING THAT MSNBC ISN'T LIBERAL, BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T REPORTED THIS EITHER.
3. DO YOU FIND FAULT WITH THE FACTS? WHEN YOU POST SOMETHING FROM FOX NEWS OR DRUDGE, I SHOW YOU HOW AND WHY IT IS FALSE.

JUST LAUGHING IT OFF AND CALLING THE SOURCE LIBERAL DOES NOT WIN YOU THE ARGUMENT, JACKASS. LOL

I LOVE BEATING CONSERVATIVES UP. THEY HAVE MASTERED THE GAME BUT THE GAME HAS CHANGED AND YOU HAVE ALL BECOME DIONOSAURS. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT GUNS, GAYS, ABORTION, TAX BREAKS (THAT WE DON'T ACTUALLY GET).

FOOL US ONCE IN FLORIDA, SHAME ON YOU, BUT FOOL US TWICE (OHIO), SHAME ON US. FIND ONE INACTURATE THING IN MY POST BITCH.

mundame
07-07-2008, 03:10 PM
IN AN AGE WHERE LIES BECOME THE NORM, TRUTH BECOMES PROVACATIVE.

No, don't do that --- let truth be accurate, not provocative.

ALL OVER THE COUNTRY STATES ARE FINDING OUT THAT BIG GOP CONTRIBUTORS ARE THE OWNERS OF THESE VOTING MACHINES. YOU DON'T SEE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?

Yes, of course there's a problem with that. Diebold is highly suspect, and Maryland (my state) has stopped using them, last I heard. We need to go back to paper backup so recounts can be done. I think that's quite obvious.

However, I don't think Ohio was stolen at all, especially not after reading your link: those two women were pretty clearly trying to save themselves a hand recount, and no one ever found out any conspiracy or any larger involvement than that one polling place.

Hey, things happen. The election did not turn on that one small polling place!

IF IT IS YOUR FIRST TIME LEARNING OF ALL THIS, RESEARCH THE FACTS AND THEN FORMULATE YOUR OPINION.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaah, it's plainly all silly conspiricist stuff, and also I don't take orders well.

AS OF RIGHT NOW, I DON'T BELIEVE YOU VOTED FOR KERRY.

Neither did my husband. In fact, if my daughter hadn't accidentally spilled the beans, he STILL wouldn't know. http://macg.net/emoticons/smilebow.gif

IF YOU VOTED FOR KERRY ONLY BECAUSE OF TORTURE, THEN YOU ARE A ONE ISSUE VOTER, AND THOSE VOTERS ARE EASILY CONNED.

I am sometimes a one-issue voter: I don't like useless, losing wars, for instance. However, your assertion that I'm easily conned doesn't create truth, happily for me.

IF YOU ARE TRULY NOT A NEO CON, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GO TO BRADBLOG OR BLACKBOX VOTING AND THEY HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION ON HOW OHIO AND FLORIDA WERE STOLEN. IT'S NOT A CONSPIRACY. IT'S A BLACK EYE ON AMERICA.

Ohio wasn't stolen, that's really a fringe belief. Who believes that? You hear a few far-left people say it, but it's out there as far as Area 51.

Florida was iffy. My personal interpretation is that an election so close as a few hundred votes was inside the error variance of such a large population, and it basically threw the system in the air because it wasn't designed to deal with such a small difference. So people made political decisions to try to capture that state ---- and we all saw all that. Somebody won, somebody lost. Turned out it was we the people who lost. America was bound to go down sooner or later; I just thought it would be later, that's all.

JUST LIKE PAKISTAN AND THAT MUGABI IN AFRICA, AMERICA HAS CORRUPT ELECTIONS!!! WE ARE EVEN ON AN INTERNATIONAL LIST OF COUNTRIES WITH SUSPECTED CORRUPT ELECTIONS. THAT'S HORRIBLE!!!

Naaaaaaaaaah. If that ever actually happens, people of your temperament will be killed out of hand, so be careful. A month ago in Zimbabwe, hospitals ran out of plaster of Paris, so many legs were broken by Mugabe's thugs. If it were that bad here, people would notice.

WHAT IS NONSENSE ABOUT KEN BLACKWELL HURRING UP AND CERTIFYING THE OHIO VOTE WHEN KERRY WAS ASKING FOR A RECOUNT. ONCE THE ELECTORAL VOTES ARE CERTIFIED, IT IS TOO LATE FOR A RECOUNT. VERY CLEVER. AND WHAT IS NONSENSE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE IN HIGHLY DEMOCRATIC DISTRICTS HAVING TO WAIT 4 HOURS TO VOTE? WOULD YOU WAIT 4 HOURS? GIMME A BREAK.

There are always problems with high turnout ------ we have been seeing that this whole primary season, right and left, as people turned out in record numbers. The system isn't used to dealing with so many voters, that's all.

As for Blackwell, yeah, that was pushy, but my recollection was that Kerry could have called for a recount, stayed up all night thinking about doing just that, and decided against it (like Nixon decided the same thing re Illinois, and like Ellen Sauerbrey decided the same thing when cheated out of the governorship, very possibly, by democratic Baltimore City). Kerry's options were NOT foreclosed: he could have and almost did call for a recount: Blackwell could not stop that.

SO WE KNOW THEIR VOTING MACHINES ARE CORRUPT, WE KNOW ELECTION OFFICIALS WERE CORRUPT, WE KNOW KEN BLACKWELL WAS CORRUPT, WE KNOW THAT VOTERS WERE CAGED.

No, we just know the Dems lost Ohio and the presidency. Too bad, too. Because we'd be out of the war by now if Kerry had won. And this awful Obama wouldn't be running at all.

WAKE UP IF YOU DON'T KNOW BY NOW THAT THE GOP STOLE FLORIDA AND OHIO. THANK GOD IT WON'T BE CLOSE ENOUGH THIS NOVEMBER FOR THEM TO THREEPEAT.
AND YOU ARE PROOF THE MEDIA ISN'T LIBERAL. IF IT WERE, YOU'D KNOW THIS STUFF.

Not if it's all nonsense, I wouldn't "know" this stuff. You want to watch out for raving paranoia ------ it's a mistake to go down that path. I could tell you stories of people who got worse and worse until they went into wildly delusional psychosis.

Look: you want what you want, okay. But to say that everyone is in a conspiracy to keep you from having it? Dangerous road to follow.

manu1959
07-07-2008, 03:26 PM
the moron bush and his mouth breathers and cronies stole two elections and you can't prove it or stop it......

man oh man is your little haed going to explode when boy wonder loses.....

it will be the hat trick of stolen elections....

mundame
07-07-2008, 03:30 PM
OR DO YOU DENY THIS HAPPENED IN CALIFORNIA:

California Voting Machine Audit Results
The state of California conducted a security review of their electronic voting machines earlier this year. The report was issued last week, and the researchers were able to compromise all three machines -- by Diebold Election Systems, Hart Intercivic, and Sequoia Voting Systems -- multiple ways. (They said they could probably find more ways, if they had more time.)

SO WHAT THIS MEANS IS THE GOP FOUND A DOZEN DIFFERENT WAYS TO STEAL THE LAST TWO ELECTIONS.

GRACIOUS, Mythbuster, of course it doesn't mean that!!!! It means exactly what it SAYS -----

...researchers were able to compromise all three machines -- by Diebold Election Systems, Hart Intercivic, and Sequoia Voting Systems -- multiple ways. (They said they could probably find more ways, if they had more time.)

So what it ACTUALLY means, generalized, is that computerized voting machines are OH so not ready for prime time, i.e., elections. Sure, they can be compromised and elections stolen right out from under us: but that doesn't mean it inevitably already happened!!

It just means it probably will, if they continue to be used, which I oppose.

It is of the utmost importance that the people generally (saving a very few like you) believe that the elections are valid, or we'll certainly have a revolution on the basis of vote stealing alone. In this Internet Age when everyone knows everything, or can, the best way to make sure the people believe in the elections is for the elections to be actually fair! Because everyone knows everything, eventually --- that's a basic truth.

I see what you are doing --- you take some actual data and then you generalized wildly, far more than the data supports, to whatever conclusion you want to make. It would actually be safer to see where the data alone leads you, by itself, without forcing it further than it wants to go.

mundame
07-07-2008, 03:31 PM

it will be the hat trick of stolen elections....

Don't encourage them, manu........there are too many inclined toward rampant paranoia as it is. http://wade.hu/smiley/kategoriak/%E1llatok/animal-smiley-016.gif

emmett
07-07-2008, 03:47 PM

Which Neo Nut told me Barr and Nader weren't going to affect the race? Another big fat I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

Interesting. And........................the Libertarians are just beginning their campaign.

5stringJeff
07-07-2008, 04:18 PM

First, how am I wrong when I posted poll data from July 1, and you posted poll data from today? Second, I'm not a "neo nut," I'm a Libertarian.

glockmail
07-07-2008, 05:40 PM
the moron bush and his mouth breathers and cronies stole two elections and you can't prove it or stop it......

it will be the hat trick of stolen elections....:laugh2: Nice approach- I like it!

07-07-2008, 05:41 PM
First, how am I wrong when I posted poll data from July 1, and you posted poll data from today? Second, I'm not a "neo nut," I'm a Libertarian.

You are talking to a guy who thinks President Bush managed to steal the election in 2000 and 2004 despite having more electoral votes. He isnt playing with a full deck.

mundame
07-07-2008, 09:33 PM
You are talking to a guy who thinks President Bush managed to steal the election in 2000 and 2004 despite having more electoral votes. He isnt playing with a full deck.

Well, to be fair, the charge is that it was the electoral college lead that WAS stolen.

But I don't think that case has been made at all. Florida was simply to close to call; the system failed when confronted with such an even vote, and politics was substituted.

Ohio.....I watched that all closely and I just do not see how the case can be made that Ohio was "stolen" in 2004.

How about 2006? Anybody "stealing" that election, that went heavily Democrat? Crickets..........crickets.........frogs singing.

mundame
07-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Oh, well, at least everyone has TRULY GOT IT now, that it's the electoral college that matters, not the popular vote. Polls are even taken on that basis now, and so they should be.

It's been stupid to poll on the basis of a popular vote that does not count.

manu1959
07-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Don't encourage them, manu........there are too many inclined toward rampant paranoia as it is. http://wade.hu/smiley/kategoriak/%E1llatok/animal-smiley-016.gif

sorry dude......i like to throw grenades......

07-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Well, to be fair, the charge is that it was the electoral college lead that WAS stolen.

But I don't think that case has been made at all. Florida was simply to close to call; the system failed when confronted with such an even vote, and politics was substituted.

Ohio.....I watched that all closely and I just do not see how the case can be made that Ohio was "stolen" in 2004.

How about 2006? Anybody "stealing" that election, that went heavily Democrat? Crickets..........crickets.........frogs singing.

oh they were talking about how the elections would be stolen for months before the 2006 elections. Then Republicans lost and lo and behold, the election wasnt stolen this time.

These people don't believe the election is stolen because of any actual evidence. They believe it because they can't accept the fact that their ideas were being rejected by the people. After all they are the "educated", everyone should bow down before their great wisdom. They believe everyone should acknowledge that and when they don't by voting contrary to their wishes, they have to come up with some reason they lost. It can't be because the people disagreed. It has to have been stolen. They, after all, are entitled to power by their birth right.

mundame
07-08-2008, 08:32 AM
oh they were talking about how the elections would be stolen for months before the 2006 elections. Then Republicans lost and lo and behold, the election wasnt stolen this time.

These people don't believe the election is stolen because of any actual evidence. They believe it because they can't accept the fact that their ideas were being rejected by the people. After all they are the "educated", everyone should bow down before their great wisdom. They believe everyone should acknowledge that and when they don't by voting contrary to their wishes, they have to come up with some reason they lost. It can't be because the people disagreed. It has to have been stolen. They, after all, are entitled to power by their birth right.

Soooo...................if Dems win, the elections are honest, and if the GOP wins, the GOP stole the election?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................

Something very wrong there. http://wade.hu/smiley/kategoriak/megkerg%FCltek/speechless-smiley-014.gif