PDA

View Full Version : We Are The World

5stringJeff
07-02-2008, 03:55 PM
A few weeks ago, my MBA team and I were sitting, trying to think of something, and for some reason, one of them pulled up this video. I was amazed at how different all these 80's musicians seemed from how I remembered them growing up. And there are some that I look at and say, "Who the hell is that?"

Anyway, enjoy the video... and enjoying singing the chorus for days on end! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmxT21uFRwM

Yurt
07-03-2008, 06:54 PM
hates to admit lionel richie has a good voice and secretly listen to his music and like this song :laugh2:

Yurt
07-03-2008, 07:05 PM
after watching the video...

dylan... is a legend

stevie ray...come on, his little side to side head dance is funny

michael jackson...a bit high, but a good voice, too bad he whacked out

the boss...a bit liberal, but what a voice

lauper...admits to liking

overall - the song is a good song and rings true. i was in junior high when this song came out and remember being amazed at the colloberation the song required and how well the song actually came out.

gabosaurus
07-04-2008, 12:24 AM
I remember reading about how they made the song. It came together through the tight-fisted rule of producer Quincy Jones. He had a huge sign outside the studio that said "Check your ego at the door."
Any time someone threatened to pull a "star trip," Jones told them they were free to leave. No one did. Due mostly to the fact that cameras were rolling the whole time.
It was an amazing process.

A group of English music stars replicated the feat a few years later, getting together to do a song called "Do They Know It's Christmas?"

Said1
07-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Pffft. Feed the world? They can eat my corn hole. :cheers2: