PDA

View Full Version : Obama is an idiot, but the lib MSM loves him

Yurt
07-03-2008, 08:59 PM
notice -- wades into... imagine if mccain had changed his stance, you think the word would be "wades" into? of course not.

Obama wades into controversy with Iraq comments

FARGO, North Dakota (Reuters) - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama waded into controversy on Thursday over his plans to withdraw U.S. combat troops from Iraq, first saying he might "refine" his views but later declaring his stance had remained unchanged for more than a year.

Obama was forced to call reporters back for a second news conference in Fargo, North Dakota, after he initially left open the possibility of revising his 16-month timetable for pulling U.S. combat forces from Iraq.

"Let me be as clear as I can be. I intend to end this war. My first day in office I will bring the joint chiefs of staff in and I will give them a new mission and that is to end this war," Obama told reporters in his second news conference.

But he added: "I would be a poor commander in chief if I didn't take facts on the ground into account."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080703/pl_nm/usa_politics_obama_iraq1_dc

yet that is exactly what he promised voters, to pull troops out, now, he admits that he would be a POOR commander in chief if he did that

retiredman
07-03-2008, 09:55 PM
notice -- wades into... imagine if mccain had changed his stance, you think the word would be "wades" into? of course not.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080703/pl_nm/usa_politics_obama_iraq1_dc

yet that is exactly what he promised voters, to pull troops out, now, he admits that he would be a POOR commander in chief if he did that

you misquote him deliberately.
pathetic.

gabosaurus
07-03-2008, 11:34 PM
You can say the same thing about Hanoi John McCain. The media loves him and has yet to find fault with him.

07-04-2008, 10:25 AM
You can say the same thing about Hanoi John McCain. The media loves him and has yet to find fault with him.

You obviously have not been paying attention to the media lately.

Yurt
07-04-2008, 01:09 PM
you misquote him deliberately.
pathetic.

how exactly did i misquote him? i think you're making stuff up again...

retiredman
07-04-2008, 02:00 PM
how exactly did i misquote him? i think you're making stuff up again...

he said:

"I would be a poor commander in chief if I didn't take facts on the ground into account."

he did NOT say that he would be a poor commander in chief if he pulled the troops out now which was your purposeful -or perhaps merely inept - misquotation.

There is NOTHING that prevents him from taking the facts on the ground into account and STILL making the determination to pull the troops out.

Yurt
07-04-2008, 02:08 PM
he promised to withdraw the troops in 16 months, period. he is now changing his position...he has essentially said that he would be a poor commander in chief if he did that...hedging his stance by taking into account facts on the ground is puffery, he should have said that before instead of making outrageous campaign promises that he can't keep.

so i did not misquote him at all, i merely characterized what he is really saying and for the record, i did not "quote" him :poke:

retiredman
07-04-2008, 02:23 PM
bullshit.

you said:

he admitted no such thing.

Yurt
07-04-2008, 02:27 PM
he is saying that, you're just blinded by your faith in him...

his promise, which is now admits may not be feasible if facts on the ground...

Obama will immediately begin to remove our troops from Iraq. He will remove one to two combat brigades each month, and have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months. Obama will make it clear that we will not build any permanent bases in Iraq. He will keep some troops in Iraq to protect our embassy and diplomats; if al Qaeda attempts to build a base within Iraq, he will keep troops in Iraq or elsewhere in the region to carry out targeted strikes on al Qaeda.

nothing in this promise indicates that "facts on the ground" might make troop withdrawal unlikely...he made a brash promise to get voters, now he realizes that he simply cannot make such a bald promise without considering the facts...he should have said before making the above promise

retiredman
07-04-2008, 03:02 PM
he is saying that, you're just blinded by your faith in him...

his promise, which is now admits may not be feasible if facts on the ground...

nothing in this promise indicates that "facts on the ground" might make troop withdrawal unlikely...he made a brash promise to get voters, now he realizes that he simply cannot make such a bald promise without considering the facts...he should have said before making the above promise

nothing in what he has said since states that he will NOT remove the troops expititiously. He merely stated that he will consider the facts on the ground. You miscontrued his statement and do not have the balls to admit uit...but only the lack of balls to neg rep me for pointing it out. pathetic, counselor.

Yurt
07-04-2008, 03:17 PM
he has said he will now consider not removing troops per his plan if facts on the ground dictate that troops should remain. this is in direct contrast to his promise to remove troops, period. he should not have made such grand promises without considering the situation.

In January 2007, he introduced legislation in the Senate to remove all of our combat troops from Iraq by March 2008.

Obama will immediately begin to remove our troops from Iraq. He will remove one to two combat brigades each month, and have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months.

Obama has a plan to immediately begin withdrawing our troops engaged in combat operations at a pace of one or two brigades every month, to be completed by the end of next year.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/iraq/

open your eyes mfm

retiredman
07-04-2008, 09:06 PM
nothing he has said contradicts his website in any way. that's a fact.

Psychoblues
07-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Yuk, you say that Obama is an idiot. Can you clarify that statement? You also state that the lib MSM loves him. I have not seen any love by any media for him and I certainly haven't seen evidence of any lib MSM. Do you care to further clarify? However, as an American, especially on this 4th of July, I love all Americans!!!!!!!!!!!

Sitarro
07-04-2008, 09:46 PM
bullshit.

you said:

he admitted no such thing.

The FACT is, he would be a sorry, ass, Commander In Chief, he commands no respect for his punk, racist ass. He couldn't get me to fetch him a glass of water, President or not. He is nothing, an empty suit that can't complete a sentence without 20 uhs and a teleprompter. He should go back to handing out soup as a "community organizer" and leave real Americans alone. Even his connections with the Mob in Chicago won't help him.

Psychoblues
07-04-2008, 09:52 PM
The FACT is, zero, YOU would be a sorry ass CIC and even a sorry ass department manager at a local fast food outlet. And you can't handle the rejection, and that is a natural damned FACT!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good night and day, buckwheat!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sitarro
07-04-2008, 09:57 PM
The FACT is, zero, YOU would be a sorry ass CIC and even a sorry ass department manager at a local fast food outlet. And you can't handle the rejection, and that is a natural damned FACT!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good night and day, buckwheat!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Uhhhh, I'm not running for President or applying for........ a department manager?at a fast food outlet?....... what is that?

retiredman
07-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Uhhhh, I'm not running for President or applying for........ a department manager?at a fast food outlet?....... what is that?

the head fry guy

Sitarro
07-04-2008, 10:11 PM
the head fry guy

Department manager, how many departments are there in a fast food place. I could have made a reference to you being a cook in the Navy but I didn't, did you notice that?

Yurt
07-04-2008, 10:20 PM
nothing he has said contradicts his website in any way. that's a fact.

you're wrong as usual:

In his initial remarks on an airport tarmac here, Obama had emphasized caveats that seemed to suggest his timetable might slip, saying he would "refine" his policies after he consulted with U.S. generals on a trip to Iraq he plans to make this summer.

The confusion underscored the challenge Obama confronts on his signature issue. In the primary season, he stressed his promise to bring the troops home by a firm date, and it helped propel him to become the likely Democratic nominee. Now, as he faces an opponent who is a war hero, and tailors his message to the broader electorate, he is also trying to present himself as a commander in chief who will listen to the military brass.

Obama's attempts to explain his stance could leave some Democratic voters disenchanted. Since locking up the nomination, he has moved toward the political center. He has downplayed his criticism of the North American Free Trade Agreement, opted not to stick to campaign spending caps and backed a bill that bars invasion-of-privacy lawsuits against phone companies that cooperated with President Bush's wiretapping program.

In the past, Obama has stressed his plan to begin a withdrawal immediately and complete it within 16 months. But he has carefully hedged, leaving the option of taking more time if needed. His website, however, flatly states that he would "have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months." http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-campaign4-2008jul04,0,7214812.story

thats the liberal times mfm...you're wrong on this issue, that is a fact.

Psychoblues
07-04-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm giving you a 2 cent raise in pay and putting you in charge of shithouse cleaning, zero.

Department manager, how many departments are there in a fast food place. I could have made a reference to you being a cook in the Navy but I didn't, did you notice that?

We'll get you someone to help as soon we can afford it.

You're just that kind of idiot, zero.

retiredman
07-04-2008, 10:30 PM
you're wrong as usual:

In his initial remarks on an airport tarmac here, Obama had emphasized caveats that seemed to suggest his timetable might slip, saying he would "refine" his policies after he consulted with U.S. generals on a trip to Iraq he plans to make this summer.

The confusion underscored the challenge Obama confronts on his signature issue. In the primary season, he stressed his promise to bring the troops home by a firm date, and it helped propel him to become the likely Democratic nominee. Now, as he faces an opponent who is a war hero, and tailors his message to the broader electorate, he is also trying to present himself as a commander in chief who will listen to the military brass.

Obama's attempts to explain his stance could leave some Democratic voters disenchanted. Since locking up the nomination, he has moved toward the political center. He has downplayed his criticism of the North American Free Trade Agreement, opted not to stick to campaign spending caps and backed a bill that bars invasion-of-privacy lawsuits against phone companies that cooperated with President Bush's wiretapping program.

In the past, Obama has stressed his plan to begin a withdrawal immediately and complete it within 16 months. But he has carefully hedged, leaving the option of taking more time if needed. His website, however, flatly states that he would "have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months." http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-campaign4-2008jul04,0,7214812.story

thats the liberal times mfm...you're wrong on this issue, that is a fact.
"seemed to suggest"???? :lol::lol:

grow up little boy.

Psychoblues
07-04-2008, 10:39 PM
It generally take years, mfm, and sometimes the little boys never grow up.

Yurt
07-04-2008, 10:53 PM
"seemed to suggest"???? :lol::lol:

grow up little boy.

dumbdumb...you need to read:

In the past, Obama has stressed his plan to begin a withdrawal immediately and complete it within 16 months. But he has carefully hedged, leaving the option of taking more time if needed. His website, however, flatly states that he would "have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months."

Yurt
07-04-2008, 10:54 PM
It generally take years, mfm, and sometimes the little boys never grow up.

how is therepy, for not growing up, coming along....

Psychoblues
07-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Yuk, I am not in therapy at the present time. My physical therapy ended long ago and like my doctor intimated to me I improve very well on my own.

how is therepy, for not growing up, coming along....

How is your therapy going? I suspect life for you sucks pretty much all the way around, doesn't it?

Yurt
07-05-2008, 12:39 PM
pyscho, you're wrong about obama's priorities, his only priority is himself, not the nation...his empty promises are catching up with him already, apparently you and mfm have problems reading this and understanding what kind of "man" he really is:

In the past, Obama has stressed his plan to begin a withdrawal immediately and complete it within 16 months. But he has carefully hedged, leaving the option of taking more time if needed. His website, however, flatly states that he would "have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months." http://www.latimes.com/news/politics...,7214812.story

retiredman
07-05-2008, 12:49 PM
a tempest in a teapot. he has not backed off from his commitment to remove our troops and end the war. He has said he will listen to the commanders and take into consideration the facts on the ground. Are you suggesting that such an approach is a BAD thing?

Yurt
07-05-2008, 12:59 PM
did he or did he not say that he would remove the troops? did he ever say that he would consider facts on the ground in his earlier promises? does his website say that? did his promises ever contain a "maybe" or a "possibility" that troops would not be removed?

and yes, such a thing is sensible, however, did he ever promise that?

retiredman
07-05-2008, 01:11 PM
did he or did he not say that he would remove the troops? did he ever say that he would consider facts on the ground in his earlier promises? does his website say that? did his promises ever contain a "maybe" or a "possibility" that troops would not be removed?

do you or do you not have a problem with him being sensible?

Yurt
07-05-2008, 01:13 PM
do you or do you not have a problem with him being sensible?

i answered your question, care to do the same...you prattle on about people not answering your questions, yet you refuse to do the same = hypocrite

retiredman
07-05-2008, 01:14 PM
i answered your question, care to do the same...you prattle on about people not answering your questions, yet you refuse to do the same = hypocrite

I have not seen your answer to my question.

liar.

Yurt
07-05-2008, 01:15 PM
a tempest in a teapot. he has not backed off from his commitment to remove our troops and end the war. He has said he will listen to the commanders and take into consideration the facts on the ground. Are you suggesting that such an approach is a BAD thing?

my questions are above and so is my answer to your question (bold)

now apologize for calling me liar dumbass

retiredman
07-05-2008, 01:19 PM

no way. is sensible a un-presidential trait. yes or no?

retiredman
07-05-2008, 01:20 PM

how am I to know that one sentence of yours is an answer to MY question and not merely a commentary on your own previous sentences?

I'll wait.

Yurt
07-05-2008, 01:23 PM
no way. is sensible a un-presidential trait. yes or no?

1. you refuse to answer my questions

2. you wrongfully called me a liar as i did answer your question

3. you refuse to apologize for calling me a liar when such accusation was unfounded - thus, you are the liar, unless you apologize for being mistaken.

and you say i'm pathetic...

you have forfeited your right to complain about anyone answering your questions and forfeited any right to complain about someone questioning your integrity. you seem to believe the rules don't apply to you, for you don't have to answer questions and you are freely allowed to insult integrity and when shown you are wrong, refuse to admit it.

retiredman
07-05-2008, 01:24 PM
1. you refuse to answer my questions

2. you wrongfully called me a liar as i did answer your question

3. you refuse to apologize for calling me a liar when such accusation was unfounded - thus, you are the liar, unless you apologize for being mistaken.

and you say i'm pathetic...

you have forfeited your right to complain about anyone answering your questions and forfeited any right to complain about someone questioning your integrity. you seem to believe the rules don't apply to you, for you don't have to answer questions and you are freely allowed to insult integrity and when shown you are wrong, refuse to admit it.

#34 crybaby

Yurt
07-05-2008, 01:26 PM
how am I to know that one sentence of yours is an answer to MY question and not merely a commentary on your own previous sentences?

I'll wait.

give me a break, after explaining it to you, you owe me an apology, even though you are too ignorant to realize that it was an answer...yeah, i just mentioned

and it is sensible....

for the hell of it, get over yourself you dishonest little person

retiredman
07-05-2008, 01:26 PM
did he or did he not say that he would remove the troops? he did

did he ever say that he would consider facts on the ground in his earlier promises? he did not, but that does not mean such an idea is "new", merely not one that was explicitly expressed

does his website say that? no. see above
did his promises ever contain a "maybe" or a "possibility" that troops would not be removed? no...nor do they now.

retiredman
07-05-2008, 01:28 PM
give me a break, after explaining it to you, you owe me an apology, even though you are too ignorant to realize that it was an answer...yeah, i just mentioned

and it is sensible....

for the hell of it, get over yourself you dishonest little person

after you explained that your sentence was, supposedly, an answer to my question when it was never stated that in the first place, I am supposed to retract the fact that I said that I had not seen a response to my question?:lol:

go chase an ambulance, counselor!

Yurt
07-05-2008, 01:31 PM
you're pathetic...like i said, you have forfeited your right to ever whine about people questioning your integrity or whine about answering questions

it really doesn't matter what you thought, now you know it was an answer and you still have not recanted your allegation that i lied. you now clearly see it was an answer, that you won't recant shows that you have lied about me not answering your question.

:)

retiredman
07-05-2008, 01:45 PM
you're pathetic...like i said, you have forfeited your right to ever whine about people questioning your integrity or whine about answering questions

it really doesn't matter what you thought, now you know it was an answer and you still have not recanted your allegation that i lied. you now clearly see it was an answer, that you won't recant shows that you have lied about me not answering your question.

:)

have you recanted all of your assaults on MY integrity? If you want to say that that sentence tacked on to your diatribe was, in fact, the answer to MY question, then congratulations, you are not a liar, but a terrible writer who cannot write in ways that people can understand.

I have just about had it with your continual assualts on my integrity, given the fact that you KNOW what that means to me... that lack of respect begets my disrespect for you.

Yurt
07-05-2008, 01:50 PM
have you recanted all of your assaults on MY integrity? If you want to say that that sentence tacked on to your diatribe was, in fact, the answer to MY question, then congratulations, you are not a liar, but a terrible writer who cannot write in ways that people can understand.

I have just about had it with your continual assualts on my integrity, given the fact that you KNOW what that means to me... that lack of respect begets my disrespect for you.

whatever, you have no problem calling me a liar...stop crying

any reasonable person can see i answered your question, it is clear from this thread you have serious reading comprehension problems...you admit obama never promised to consider facts on the ground, yet you think his promise has not changed...bull...if facts on the ground mean his 16 month timeline is not feasible, guess what sherlock, he will keep troops there...hence why his fan base is upset, even the liberal times called him on it. :poke:

retiredman
07-05-2008, 01:54 PM
whatever, you have no problem calling me a liar...stop crying

any reasonable person can see i answered your question, it is clear from this thread you have serious reading comprehension problems...you admit obama never promised to consider facts on the ground, yet you think his promise has not changed...bull...if facts on the ground mean his 16 month timeline is not feasible, guess what sherlock, he will keep troops there...hence why his fan base is upset, even the liberal times called him on it. :poke:

his fan base has nowhere else to go. His fan base is sick of eight years of Bush and desperately wants a change. He can easily move to the middle and not worry about losing significant numbers of his fan base.

And I am not crying. YOu started this after we had a truce...I am merely continuing it, and will continue to do so until you recant., you fucking sleazebag sorry ass excuse for an attorney!:lol:

Yurt
07-05-2008, 02:06 PM
his fan base has nowhere else to go. His fan base is sick of eight years of Bush and desperately wants a change. He can easily move to the middle and not worry about losing significant numbers of his fan base.

And I am not crying. YOu started this after we had a truce...I am merely continuing it, and will continue to do so until you recant., you fucking sleazebag sorry ass excuse for an attorney!:lol:

ok preacher, whatever you say

i kept this civil, you are the one who caused this thread to deteriorate, pathetic

retiredman
07-05-2008, 02:52 PM
ok preacher, whatever you say

i kept this civil, you are the one who caused this thread to deteriorate, pathetic

In two news conferences on Thursday, Obama said any refinement of his position on Iraq wouldn't be related to his promise to remove combat forces within 16 months of taking office, but rather to the number of troops needed to train Iraqis and fight al-Qaida. But he also acknowledged that the 16-month timeline could indeed slip if removing troops risked their safety or Iraqi stability.

"What's important is to understand the difference between strategy and tactics," he told reporters. "The tactics of how we ensure our troops are safe as we pull out, how we execute the withdrawal, those are things that are all based on facts and conditions. I am not somebody — unlike George Bush — who is willing to ignore facts on the basis of my preconceived notions."

no conversation with me is "civil" when my integrity has been disparaged.

You know what needs to be done, you just don't have the grace or the maturity to do so.

Yurt
07-05-2008, 07:36 PM
In two news conferences on Thursday, Obama said any refinement of his position on Iraq wouldn't be related to his promise to remove combat forces within 16 months of taking office, but rather to the number of troops needed to train Iraqis and fight al-Qaida. But he also acknowledged that the 16-month timeline could indeed slip if removing troops risked their safety or Iraqi stability.

"What's important is to understand the difference between strategy and tactics," he told reporters. "The tactics of how we ensure our troops are safe as we pull out, how we execute the withdrawal, those are things that are all based on facts and conditions. I am not somebody — unlike George Bush — who is willing to ignore facts on the basis of my preconceived notions."

no conversation with me is "civil" when my integrity has been disparaged.

You know what needs to be done, you just don't have the grace or the maturity to do so.

what a loser, you're still stuck on something i proved you wrong on over a week or so ago....lol, get over it...you're just mad because you thought you had me today and were so proud you could call me a liar, but then when i showed you how wrong you were, those sweet grapes of your phony victory turned bitter :laugh2:

face it, obama is changing his tune...thats a fact jack

retiredman
07-05-2008, 07:40 PM
what a loser, you're still stuck on something i proved you wrong on over a week or so ago....lol, get over it...you're just mad because you thought you had me today and were so proud you could call me a liar, but then when i showed you how wrong you were, those sweet grapes of your phony victory turned bitter :laugh2:

face it, obama is changing his tune...thats a fact jack

you showed me shit.

and I really don't care that Obama is modifying his positions. Everyone does.

I could care less about earlier today.... you broke our truce and that is what I will remember. You are the one without honor, not me.

Yurt
07-05-2008, 07:49 PM
you showed me shit.

and I really don't care that Obama is modifying his positions. Everyone does.

I could care less about earlier today.... you broke our truce and that is what I will remember. You are the one without honor, not me.

at least you admit obama is modifying his positions and thus his bull campaign promises are a joke. hillary was in the right about iraq the whole time...she never said withdrawal period, unlike the liar obama.

oh and stop with the lies, i already showed you that you called me a liar first, you refused to accept that i did not call you a liar... today, you in fact called me a liar for not answering your question, i showed you i did, and you again refuse to accept that it was the truth and that i did answer your question. and of course you don't care about earlier today, because you know full well i answered your question and you calling me a liar was uncalled for.

you have no respect, credibility, or honor...you live for lies and live to piss others off, pathetic

retiredman
07-05-2008, 07:53 PM
at least you admit obama is modifying his positions and thus his bull campaign promises are a joke. hillary was in the right about iraq the whole time...she never said withdrawal period, unlike the liar obama.

oh and stop with the lies, i already showed you that you called me a liar first, you refused to accept that i did not call you a liar... today, you in fact called me a liar for not answering your question, i showed you i did, and you again refuse to accept that it was the truth and that i did answer your question. and of course you don't care about earlier today, because you know full well i answered your question and you calling me a liar was uncalled for.

you have no respect, credibility, or honor...you live for lies and live to piss others off, pathetic

no. you called me a liar the very next day after our truce. that is a fact. you need to retract that, but of course you will not... thus our feud continues.... because YOU broke the truce, not me.

Silver
07-05-2008, 07:56 PM
did he or did he not say that he would remove the troops? he did

did he ever say that he would consider facts on the ground in his earlier promises? he did not, but that does not mean such an idea is "new", merely not one that was explicitly expressed

does his website say that? no. see above
did his promises ever contain a "maybe" or a "possibility" that troops would not be removed? no...nor do they now.

Such profound logic....did he say it ?....didn't he say it ?
Was an idea EXPLICITLY EXPRESSED ?

That one really got me....explicitly expressed....

Amazing the hoops mm can jump through to defend Oboma....

But if the topic is...did Bush say Saddam was involved in 9/11?
Did Bush say Saddam and AQ were allies ?

This wonderful logic used in defense of Obama suddenly disappears when talking about Bush....there is no question about what was "EXPLICITLY EXPRESSED" or EXPLICITLY SAID".....if Saddam and 9/11 are mentioned in the same speech the connection is automatic....

Oh well...just an observation I found humorous ....no need to comment:poke:

Continue on......

Yurt
07-05-2008, 07:57 PM
no. you called me a liar the very next day after our truce. that is a fact. you need to retract that, but of course you will not... thus our feud continues.... because YOU broke the truce, not me.

stop lying...i already posted the PM where i said that would last UNTIL you lied again, you lied again by calling me a liar moron...sheesh, let it go ya big sissy...remember, you already broke the rules by discussing our PM in public, stop now while you are ahead, you're going to take this to the cage again, stop.

the thread about this is in the cage, go whine there, don't ruin this thread.

retiredman
07-05-2008, 07:59 PM
stop lying...i already posted the PM where i said that would last UNTIL you lied again, you lied again by calling me a liar moron...sheesh, let it go ya big sissy...remember, you already broke the rules by discussing our PM in public, stop now while you are ahead, you're going to take this to the cage again, stop.

the thread about this is in the cage, go whine there, don't ruin this thread.

not so. you said I was intellectually dishonest the very next day long before I EVER questioned your integrity or otherwise broke our truce.

have you whined to the mods AGAIN?

Yurt
07-05-2008, 08:02 PM
not so. you said I was intellectually dishonest the very next day long before I EVER questioned your integrity or otherwise broke our truce.

have you whined to the mods AGAIN?

go to the cage where i already explained this ad nasuem, stop acting like a child and don't ruin this thread.

retiredman
07-05-2008, 08:59 PM
go to the cage where i already explained this ad nasuem, stop acting like a child and don't ruin this thread.

fuck you, you little twit. apologize for disparaging my integrity or face this every single time we meet on every thread.

Yurt
07-05-2008, 09:38 PM
fuck you, you little twit. apologize for disparaging my integrity or face this every single time we meet on every thread.

why don't you shut up and go to the cage, stop ruining this thread

retiredman
07-05-2008, 09:41 PM
why don't you shut up and go to the cage, stop ruining this thread

when Jimmy makes you a moderator, you can tell me where to go, until then, go fuck yourself. From my perspective, you ruin every thread you post on.

Yurt
07-05-2008, 10:50 PM
when Jimmy makes you a moderator, you can tell me where to go, until then, go fuck yourself. From my perspective, you ruin every thread you post on.

Yurt
07-05-2008, 11:00 PM
back to the topic at hand as the preacher cannot control himself

the media clearly favors obama over mccain. i have noticed numerous stories about obama, he tooted the other morning and they wrote about, j/k...but the stats show what we see, that the media favors obama, is true

Obama-Only Stories Outnumber McCain-Only Stories by Nearly 4 to 1

http://www.thenextright.com/patrick-ruffini/obama-only-stories-outnumber-mccain-only-stories-by-nearly-4-to-1

emmett
07-05-2008, 11:39 PM

Ah...............look at the website. It says 18 months pretty clearly.

retiredman
07-06-2008, 07:06 AM
Ah...............look at the website. It says 18 months pretty clearly.

so what? He says he will listen to the military commanders and now the republicans want to paint that as a BAD thing?????

Yurt
07-06-2008, 09:23 AM
as has been explained numerous times, it is a bad thing because obama's platform during the primaries promised, hands down, that in 16 months troops would be home. period. this set him apart from hillary, and many voters chose obama on this issue alone, over hillary, because she would not commit to a timeline.

now, the inexperienced fool, is saying that yes, if the commanders on the ground say facts dictate we should stay longer, then i will listen to them. this is what hillary said and obama made himself unique for his timeline.

he lied, he made an empty promise.

retiredman
07-06-2008, 02:23 PM
as has been explained numerous times, it is a bad thing because obama's platform during the primaries promised, hands down, that in 16 months troops would be home. period. this set him apart from hillary, and many voters chose obama on this issue alone, over hillary, because she would not commit to a timeline.

now, the inexperienced fool, is saying that yes, if the commanders on the ground say facts dictate we should stay longer, then i will listen to them. this is what hillary said and obama made himself unique for his timeline.

he is the presumptive democratic presidential nominee. Are you saying that it is a BAD thing that the nominee is willing to listen to his military commanders?

And, as I read the news reports, he has NOT backed off of his pledge to get our troops out of the fight in Iraq. He has said that he will listen to our commanders and will consider extending our Iraqi training detachments and our forces that respond to AQ.

In any case, why do you care? you were not planning on voting for the democrat regardless of who the candidate was.

Yurt
07-06-2008, 03:03 PM

he should never, ever made that empty promise, to do so was presumptious and arrogant and done so solely to persuade voters to vote for him and not hillary. your little nuance games will not save you...he has flat out stated that he will keep the troops in longer than 16 months if the commanders say so...

retiredman
07-06-2008, 04:07 PM
he should never, ever made that empty promise, to do so was presumptious and arrogant and done so solely to persuade voters to vote for him and not hillary. your little nuance games will not save you...he has flat out stated that he will keep the troops in longer than 16 months if the commanders say so...again...why your concern for poor Hillary? do you not think that she played hardball during the primary campaign?

Obama is our nominee.
We KNOW you weren't planning on voting for him in any case, so your concern about his modifications of his positions is disingenuous.

Do you think that it is a GOOD thing that he will listen to his commanders in the field or not?

Yurt
07-06-2008, 04:15 PM
again...why your concern for poor Hillary? do you not think that she played hardball during the primary campaign?

Obama is our nominee.
We KNOW you weren't planning on voting for him in any case, so your concern about his modifications of his positions is disingenuous.

Do you think that it is a GOOD thing that he will listen to his commanders in the field or not?

i ALREADY answered your question...you are playing stupid and seemingly winning

did obama promise flat out to remove the troops in 16 months? - YES
did obama now say that if the generals say it is not safe, he will "refine" his policy, effectively letting the troops remain longer than 16 months? - YES

he lied - YES

i answered for you since you would probably play a stupid game, but those are the facts. why do you run from them?

retiredman
07-06-2008, 09:45 PM
i ALREADY answered your question...you are playing stupid and seemingly winning

did obama promise flat out to remove the troops in 16 months? - YES
did obama now say that if the generals say it is not safe, he will "refine" his policy, effectively letting the troops remain longer than 16 months? - YES

he lied - YES

i answered for you since you would probably play a stupid game, but those are the facts. why do you run from them?

you like to call people liars, don't you?

he modified his position. It is only a lie if he knew it was false when he said it.

your hate filled obsession with Obama is actually getting kind of creepy.

Yurt
07-06-2008, 09:46 PM
you like to call people liars, don't you?

he modified his position. It is only a lie if he knew it was false when he said it.

your hate filled obsession with Obama is actually getting kind of creepy.

:lol:

retiredman
07-06-2008, 09:54 PM
:lol:

are you suggesting that presidential candidates are not allowed to modify their positions?

are you suggesting that you do NOT want our presidents to modify their positions when appropriate?

"I have said throughout this campaign that this war was ill-conceived, that it was a strategic blunder and that it needs to come to an end," he said. "I have also said I would be deliberate and careful about how we get out. That position has not changed. I am not searching for maneuvering room with respect to that position."

He promised to summon the Joint Chiefs of Staff on his first day in office "and I will give them a new mission and that is to end this war, responsibly and deliberately, but decisively."

actsnoblemartin
07-07-2008, 01:45 AM
manfrommaine, you have a stiffy for obama :laugh2: