PDA

View Full Version : Love America

actsnoblemartin
07-04-2008, 01:15 AM
I dont hear enough people say what they love and appeciate about america.

so tell us, what do you love and appreciate about america

5stringJeff
07-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Whatever faults this country may have, it remains the cradle of modern democracy, and a beacon of hope for those who love liberty worldwide.

Joe Steel
07-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Reagan spoke of a shining city on a hill but it was an illusion. Maybe he recalled the false-fronted buildings on a Hollywood backlot or maybe he was just deluded. In either case, the America he and his stooges created is a hellish nightmare where the rich get richer impoverishing the poor, where the strong prey on the weak and where the publicly pious sin in private.

This place is always such a mess
Sometimes I think I'd like to watch it burn

07-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Reagan spoke of a shining city on a hill but it was an illusion. Maybe he recalled the false-fronted buildings on a Hollywood backlot or maybe he was just deluded. In either case, the America he and his stooges created is a hellish nightmare where the rich get richer impoverishing the poor, where the strong prey on the weak and where the publicly pious sin in private.

This place is always such a mess
Sometimes I think I'd like to watch it burn

1)This does not have relevance to the topic of the thread.
2)It's impossible for the poor to become impoverished.
3)This nation is a city on a hill. or atleast part of this nation is. The other is a cancer we need to cure. Let's just hope the world doesnt decide to give us Chemo.

namvet
07-04-2008, 10:27 AM
hey !!! i can sit them fire crackers off and burn down my house. god i love this country...........!!!!!!!:laugh2:

midcan5
07-04-2008, 10:32 AM
I wrote this list some time ago more about things I loved in America. They are a bit dated for the young. Edited a bit.

Uniquely American Things

In no particular order

The Amish living peacefully in their way
A smoke filled diner on a busy street filled with calloused hands
A tractor trailer passing a VW beetle at 75 in the middle of the night along 95
A USO bus in a hot Florida city windows open
A bicycle all decked out in red white and blue on the fourth with a girl’s large smile
A bum helped in from the cold by a child who noticed
Volunteers signing up to help
A neighbor hurrying back to a recipe with a cup of sugar from a neighbor
The patience of visitors to our national treasures hot with child hanging on them in awe of it all
The Salvation Army taking a family lost for a moment and helping them along
A tall church steeple on a dirt road with little sign of anything else
A V8 engine with four barrel and no muffler filled with a bunch of kids looking cool going too fast
Boys feet dangling over a train trestle daring each other to jump first
A worker staying late to tutor another
Heads stuck out a car window asking the girls at the bus stop stupid questions
Stuckey surprise packages promised to the kids to keep them quiet till the next destination
A big MAC, KFC, Dunkin donuts, drive throughs
Cruising a Bob’s Big Boy
Friday dances where you only stood and the girls danced
Revving the engine and racing off the line as the light changes
Corn fields upon corn fields upon corn fields
A 4th of July parade with wide eyed children following the fire engines
April 15th car lines at the post office

It seems to me that the uniquely American things are the small things that sometimes go unnoticed.

Mr. P
07-04-2008, 10:57 AM
I wrote this list some time ago more about things I loved in America. They are a bit dated for the young. Edited a bit.

Uniquely American Things

In no particular order

The Amish living peacefully in their way
A smoke filled diner on a busy street filled with calloused hands
A tractor trailer passing a VW beetle at 75 in the middle of the night along 95
A USO bus in a hot Florida city windows open
A bicycle all decked out in red white and blue on the fourth with a girl’s large smile
A bum helped in from the cold by a child who noticed
Volunteers signing up to help
A neighbor hurrying back to a recipe with a cup of sugar from a neighbor
The patience of visitors to our national treasures hot with child hanging on them in awe of it all
The Salvation Army taking a family lost for a moment and helping them along
A tall church steeple on a dirt road with little sign of anything else
A V8 engine with four barrel and no muffler filled with a bunch of kids looking cool going too fast
Boys feet dangling over a train trestle daring each other to jump first
A worker staying late to tutor another
Heads stuck out a car window asking the girls at the bus stop stupid questions
Stuckey surprise packages promised to the kids to keep them quiet till the next destination
A big MAC, KFC, Dunkin donuts, drive throughs
Cruising a Bob’s Big Boy
Friday dances where you only stood and the girls danced
Revving the engine and racing off the line as the light changes
Corn fields upon corn fields upon corn fields
A 4th of July parade with wide eyed children following the fire engines
April 15th car lines at the post office

It seems to me that the uniquely American things are the small things that sometimes go unnoticed.

A great list, midcan5!

Psychoblues
07-08-2008, 03:02 AM
My choices. Love America, Fix America. I sure as hell ain't leaving America. Shits like gwb and his minions will not be the ultimate downfall of my country in my lifetime. Even the campaign so far in 2008 tells me that most Americans are totally opposed to the gwb doctrine. Surprisingly, the SCOTUS has even rendered a few decisions in the last few weeks that encourage me as well.

mundame
07-08-2008, 10:09 AM
I dont hear enough people say what they love and appeciate about america.

so tell us, what do you love and appreciate about america

Even the poor are rich: no 4-foot shacks of cardboard and corrugated aluminum crowded together with no toilets anywhere, which describes the urban housing in Haiti and much of Africa.

The literary creativity exploding always in new ways -- now in movies and video games.

Reinventing: I have a Sony eReader, and Amazon has Kindle out -- a new way to read!

Country people who keep the old traditions in case we need them. I'm one of those, and I know many others.