PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks cancelled

Yurt
07-04-2008, 02:11 PM
santa cruz county has cancelled their fireworks show due to the high level of fire risk. monterey is still having theirs, so if there is no fog, i will watch their show from here.

:salute:

gabosaurus
07-04-2008, 04:33 PM
My daughter has never seen fireworks, so she is looking forward to it.

Gaffer
07-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Ours was canceled because of rain.

Abbey Marie
07-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Did anyone catch the Boston Pops/fireworks on the Charles river performance on TV tonight? Full of patriotic music and amazing fireworks. The crowd looked very nice, too.

I need to see that in person sometime.

Yurt
07-04-2008, 11:56 PM
the cops tried to stop the people from letting off fireworks...haha, pretty good show, but people were saying that previous years the amount of people lighting fireworks on the beaches were probably 3 times as much...at least we saw some

:cheers2:

remie
07-05-2008, 08:47 AM
Did anyone catch the Boston Pops/fireworks on the Charles river performance on TV tonight? Full of patriotic music and amazing fireworks. The crowd looked very nice, too.

I need to see that in person sometime.

We watched every minute with our boys after coming in off the lake and seeing two hours worth live. It was a terrific show. We are going to another big show tonight on the water. My sons cant get enough of things that go boom.

dan
07-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Around here, they let people just hang out in parking lots and shoot fireworks and stuff. Sounds really unsafe, but it's pretty nice to see that your community can do something like that without a lot of problems. We watched the Augusta firewroks show from my balcony. Not the greatest I've ever seen, but pretty nice.

Classact
07-05-2008, 02:02 PM
I take the boys to the Coast Guard base here every year to watch the fireworks and it was picture perfect last night. There was a strong sea breeze and we came home smelling like gunpowder we were so close. I watched the Washington DC Capitol Mall fireworks on TV when I got home and I think that would be the show to see!