PDA

View Full Version : Local politics

07-04-2008, 09:05 PM
I have to ask, how many here are involved in local politics? Do you help out in your communities? Have you ever run for any sort of local office? Are you out there being involved?

5stringJeff
07-04-2008, 11:06 PM
I clicked yes because I was when I was in WA and I intend to be when I move down to GA.

crin63
07-04-2008, 11:45 PM
I've been to several townhall meetings to voice an opinion.

We sued our city several years ago for violating the rights of homeschool and private school parents. They said parents had to call the police dept. and ask permission for their child to be out in public while public school was in session even though we were on year round and the public schools were a traditional school year.

actsnoblemartin
07-05-2008, 12:53 AM
want me to cuss anyone out, i love being a pitbull against the faggot government :dance:

I've been to several townhall meetings to voice an opinion.

We sued our city several years ago for violating the rights of homeschool and private school parents. They said parents had to call the police dept. and ask permission for their child to be out in public while public school was in session even though we were on year round and the public schools were a traditional school year.

Abbey Marie
07-05-2008, 01:48 PM
I get involved in some school matters, but that's about it.

Hobbit
07-05-2008, 07:40 PM
I clicked yes because I was when I was in WA and I intend to be when I move down to GA.

Don't dive in headfirst. The constant headbutting between the Atlanta city government and the Georgia state government is outrageously frustrating.

retiredman
07-05-2008, 07:46 PM
I served as campaign manager for a local democratic state senator who won two elections against heavily favored republican candidates who outspent her 3:1. I am currently a member of my country democratic committee.

LiberalNation
07-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Nope local politics is impossible in small towns when you ain't lived there all your life and don't have a family history + connections.