PDA

View Full Version : US Deserter Wins Appeal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
07-05-2008, 12:45 AM
I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!! The Canadians are simply out to refuse the freedoms as guaranteed by the American Constitution!!!!!!!! Those people are FREAKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Source: THE CANADIAN PRESS

Canada's refugee board has been ordered to take another look at an American deserter's failed bid for asylum in an unprecedented court ruling that could affect scores of other U.S. soldiers who have refused to fight in Iraq.

In Friday's decision, which came as Americans celebrated Independence Day, the Federal Court found the Immigration and Refugee Board made mistakes in turning down Joshua Key's claim for asylum.

"It's quite a statement," Key, 30, told The Canadian Press from his home in Saskatchewan.

"It makes us feel good – probably everybody within this whole process."

More: http://www.thestar.com/News/Canada/article/454497

I'm beginning to understand why Ford, General Motors and Chrysler are moving their plants to Canada!!!!!!!!! Hellfire!!!!!!! Those people are actually reasonable!!!!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
07-05-2008, 12:52 AM
with all due respect, I fail to see how this is good

rppearso
07-07-2008, 09:02 PM
with all due respect, I fail to see how this is good

Its good because it allows people who made a mistake to start fresh without dealing with the harshness of the US military. Most troop handers in the military are of the mind set that if you made a mistake in joining and want to leave your a blah blah blah. I think the reason it took Canada so long is because in this war the indentured servitude was not compulsury like in Vietnam. I do feel that if someone got a bounus or some other monitary compensation up front that should be paid back but if you can pay back the money you took you should not be forced to stay.

82Marine89
07-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Its good because it allows people who made a mistake to start fresh without dealing with the harshness of the US military. Most troop handers in the military are of the mind set that if you made a mistake in joining and want to leave your a blah blah blah. I think the reason it took Canada so long is because in this war the indentured servitude was not compulsury like in Vietnam. I do feel that if someone got a bounus or some other monitary compensation up front that should be paid back but if you can pay back the money you took you should not be forced to stay.

Next time a child molester or rapist gets released from prison, lets send him to your house for a fresh start. After all they paid for their mistakes and should no longer be considered a blah blah blah.

Psychoblues
07-08-2008, 02:30 AM
Child molester or rapist? Yeah, they're some of those in the military as well, 82m'. I don't think Canada shows them the same consideration.

Next time a child molester or rapist gets released from prison, lets send him to your house for a fresh start. After all they paid for their mistakes and should no longer be considered a blah blah blah.

Why you gotta be so threatening? You gotta short pecker or are you just a small minded jerk that can't keep up with the subject?

5stringJeff
07-08-2008, 06:18 AM
I had a private desert from our unit when I was a LT. He didn't go far: he was in Tacoma, shacked up with some barracks whore. We let him go 30 days and put a warrant out for his arrest. He was a shitbag anyway.

rppearso
07-08-2008, 09:18 PM

joining the military is like forgetting to put oil in your car and your burn your motor up not like molesting a kid, nice try though.

emmett
07-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Canada has to get new citizens to help with their etrocious tax burden. That health care plan is eating em alive.

rppearso
07-09-2008, 02:25 AM
Canada has to get new citizens to help with their etrocious tax burden. That health care plan is eating em alive.

Better than being thrown in jail when you have not even broken any civil laws just because you choose to dissociate yourself with an organization. You know I was just thinking thats exactly what gangs do, if you dont want to be apart of it anymore they will just take you out.

82Marine89
07-09-2008, 05:49 AM
Child molester or rapist? Yeah, they're some of those in the military as well, 82m'. I don't think Canada shows them the same consideration.

Why you gotta be so threatening? You gotta short pecker or are you just a small minded jerk that can't keep up with the subject?

joining the military is like forgetting to put oil in your car and your burn your motor up not like molesting a kid, nice try though.

What's wrong girls? You want these folks that have paid their debt to society to suffer the harshness of the real world? It's not threatening to place someone in weenie boys house if they have paid their debt to society. It just gives them a place to live where they are wanted because they failed to follow the rules of the society in which they are part of.

rppearso
07-09-2008, 01:04 PM
What's wrong girls? You want these folks that have paid their debt to society to suffer the harshness of the real world? It's not threatening to place someone in weenie boys house if they have paid their debt to society. It just gives them a place to live where they are wanted because they failed to follow the rules of the society in which they are part of.

What are you even talking about. People who dissociate from the miltiary dont owe society anything (other than whatever money they got in a bonus minus what ever time they served), its not like molesting a kid no matter how much you want it to be.