PDA

View Full Version : Betancourt Praises Venesuelan Prez Hugo Chavez

Psychoblues
07-05-2008, 02:25 AM
She demands only respect for democracy and common decency!!!!!!!!!

Source: El Universal

Caracas, Wednesday July 02 , 2008

Betancourt praises Chávez's mediation; calls for respect for Colombian democracy

Ingrid Betancourt, who was held as hostage by the rebel Colombian Revolutionary Armed Forces (FARC) and was rescued Wednesday, said the role of mediators Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez and his Ecuadorian counterpart Rafael Correa have played in the Colombian peace process is very important, but stressed that Colombia's democracy needed to be respected.

"Colombians elected President Álvaro Uribe, Colombians did not elect the FARC. Thus, in the same way President Chávez and President Correa came to power in their countries through democratic means, I am asking all of our brother countries in the continent to help us so that changes in Colombia may also come through democratic means," she said.

More: http://english.eluniversal.com/2008/07/02/en_int_art_betancourt-praises-c_02A1752519.shtml

Maybe we ought to do some atoning?

Sitarro
07-05-2008, 02:35 AM
She demands only respect for democracy and common decency!!!!!!!!!

Source: El Universal

Caracas, Wednesday July 02 , 2008

Betancourt praises Chávez's mediation; calls for respect for Colombian democracy

Ingrid Betancourt, who was held as hostage by the rebel Colombian Revolutionary Armed Forces (FARC) and was rescued Wednesday, said the role of mediators Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez and his Ecuadorian counterpart Rafael Correa have played in the Colombian peace process is very important, but stressed that Colombia's democracy needed to be respected.

"Colombians elected President Álvaro Uribe, Colombians did not elect the FARC. Thus, in the same way President Chávez and President Correa came to power in their countries through democratic means, I am asking all of our brother countries in the continent to help us so that changes in Colombia may also come through democratic means," she said.

More: http://english.eluniversal.com/2008/07/02/en_int_art_betancourt-praises-c_02A1752519.shtml

Maybe we ought to do some atoning?

Do all of the atoning you want, I bet Hugo would love for you to give him some expert oral but do you really think he deserves it? Just because this woman who has been stuck in the jungle for 5 years says he's an OK guy doesn't mean she's correct or for that matter even has her head on straight. Do say hi to Hugo.

Psychoblues
07-05-2008, 02:56 AM
Obviously you aren't capable of it, zero, but even for the sake of your dear ol' dad, could you show Democracy a little respect? I think that is all that Ingrid is asking, and me too.

Sitarro
07-05-2008, 03:37 AM
Obviously you aren't capable of it, zero, but even for the sake of your dear ol' dad, could you show Democracy a little respect? I think that is all that Ingrid is asking, and me too.

It's the dumb ass dimocrats in Congress that are refusing to grant Colombia a free trade agreement don't ya know?

Psychoblues
07-08-2008, 02:10 AM
You got off on the wrong thread again, didn't you, zero?

It's the dumb ass dimocrats in Congress that are refusing to grant Colombia a free trade agreement don't ya know?

Whang that whang a little more. You get blinder each time you whang it!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
07-08-2008, 12:11 PM
hugo chavez is a dictator, betancourt is an idiot

Psychoblues
07-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Whatever, marteen, but both have a point that many simply refuse to recognise. All things considered, it is understandable but in no way excuseable.