PDA

View Full Version : Obama 1st priority: END THE WAR ON IRAQ

Psychoblues
07-05-2008, 02:51 AM
I think the man is serious!!!!!!!!!! He has my vote!!!!!!!!!!

Local News
Obama's first priority: End the war on Iraq
By MIKE DENNISON of the Missoulian State Bureau

Lost in a sea of supporters and Secret Service agents, Barack Obama worked the large crowd that lined Harrison Avenue at the end of the Butte Fourth of July parade.

BUTTE - For his first task as president, Barack Obama said Friday he'll call in the nation's top military officials and “tell them we have a new mission” - end the war in Iraq.

Next on the list is reforming the nation's health-care system, so everyone in the United States has basic health care and costs are reduced for families and businesses.

And, third, craft a new energy policy that “requires a shift away from the sort of wasteful energy usage of the past, and to develop alternative fuels like solar, wind and biodiesel,” Obama said in an interview on his campaign bus near the Montana Tech campus.

Obama, 46, a U.S. senator from Illinois and the presumptive Democratic nominee for president, spent the day in Butte, taking in a Fourth of July parade and attending a picnic with hundreds of well-wishers and supporters.

But he also took time to chat with local reporters, both on his bus and on the grounds of the World Museum of Mining, standing before a small grove of aspen trees that wavered in the breeze preceding an afternoon thunderstorm.

Obama said he has a good chance of winning in Montana because people are struggling here and will respond to his message of change and reform, to stop the war in Iraq, to reduce the weight of energy prices and ensure access to public lands.

Obama has been polling strongly in several Western states where Democrats traditionally lose in presidential elections, Montana included.

Yet Republicans have signaled they certainly won't be rolling over in these states, and will go after Obama on at least one issue dear to the hearts of many Montanans: gun ownership.

Earlier this week, the Montana Republican Party called on Obama to “clarify his muddled record on the Second Amendment,” saying Obama has a record of supporting restrictions on gun ownership.

Obama said Friday he believes in “common-sense gun laws” that allow law-abiding citizens to purchase and own firearms, including items such as background checks when buying guns.

“There is not a sportsman or hunter in Montana who is a legal possessor of firearms that has anything to worry about from me,” he said.

Regarding the war in Iraq, Obama repeated his call for bringing home U.S. troops in a “careful and deliberate fashion,” consulting with the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

On health care, he said he wants a system that regulates insurers more stiffly and helps people who can't afford health insurance acquire it. But he's not in favor of a national, single-payer system like Canada or other countries that offer the same care for all, usually financed by taxes.

Much More: http://missoulian.com/articles/2008/07/05/news/local/news03.txt

Like a puzzle, it all comes together!!!!!!!!!! Are your pieces not fitting? Maybe you are ignoring the correct ones?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

Sitarro
07-05-2008, 03:42 AM
I think the man is serious!!!!!!!!!! He has my vote!!!!!!!!!!

Local News
Obama's first priority: End the war on Iraq
By MIKE DENNISON of the Missoulian State Bureau

Lost in a sea of supporters and Secret Service agents, Barack Obama worked the large crowd that lined Harrison Avenue at the end of the Butte Fourth of July parade.

BUTTE - For his first task as president, Barack Obama said Friday he'll call in the nation's top military officials and “tell them we have a new mission” - end the war in Iraq.

Next on the list is reforming the nation's health-care system, so everyone in the United States has basic health care and costs are reduced for families and businesses.

And, third, craft a new energy policy that “requires a shift away from the sort of wasteful energy usage of the past, and to develop alternative fuels like solar, wind and biodiesel,” Obama said in an interview on his campaign bus near the Montana Tech campus.

Obama, 46, a U.S. senator from Illinois and the presumptive Democratic nominee for president, spent the day in Butte, taking in a Fourth of July parade and attending a picnic with hundreds of well-wishers and supporters.

But he also took time to chat with local reporters, both on his bus and on the grounds of the World Museum of Mining, standing before a small grove of aspen trees that wavered in the breeze preceding an afternoon thunderstorm.

Obama said he has a good chance of winning in Montana because people are struggling here and will respond to his message of change and reform, to stop the war in Iraq, to reduce the weight of energy prices and ensure access to public lands.

Obama has been polling strongly in several Western states where Democrats traditionally lose in presidential elections, Montana included.

Yet Republicans have signaled they certainly won't be rolling over in these states, and will go after Obama on at least one issue dear to the hearts of many Montanans: gun ownership.

Earlier this week, the Montana Republican Party called on Obama to “clarify his muddled record on the Second Amendment,” saying Obama has a record of supporting restrictions on gun ownership.

Obama said Friday he believes in “common-sense gun laws” that allow law-abiding citizens to purchase and own firearms, including items such as background checks when buying guns.

“There is not a sportsman or hunter in Montana who is a legal possessor of firearms that has anything to worry about from me,” he said.

Regarding the war in Iraq, Obama repeated his call for bringing home U.S. troops in a “careful and deliberate fashion,” consulting with the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

On health care, he said he wants a system that regulates insurers more stiffly and helps people who can't afford health insurance acquire it. But he's not in favor of a national, single-payer system like Canada or other countries that offer the same care for all, usually financed by taxes.

Much More: http://missoulian.com/articles/2008/07/05/news/local/news03.txt

Like a puzzle, it all comes together!!!!!!!!!! Are your pieces not fitting? Maybe you are ignoring the correct ones?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

Yea, he's a puzzle all right but the problem is he doesn't have a clue how to solve anything.

07-05-2008, 11:49 AM
I could have sworn a few months ago he said his first priority was universal healthcare. Funny how that changes.

If McCain was thinking, he would make his number one priority energy independence. But that is too much to hope for.

namvet
07-05-2008, 12:26 PM
not this useless shit again.

namvet
07-05-2008, 12:27 PM
oh yeah. ah. didn't the democraps promise the voters to end the war in 06????
well????

gabosaurus
07-05-2008, 06:24 PM
The Dem Congress was unable to end the war in '06. Which accounts for their low popularity rating.
Plus, the presiding administration still preferred sending people to their deaths.

Yurt
07-05-2008, 07:44 PM
obama promised full brigade pullout in 16 months, period. now, well now, he says he has to talk to the commanders on teh ground...

retiredman
07-05-2008, 07:47 PM
obama promised full brigade pullout in 16 months, period. now, well now, he says he has to talk to the commanders on teh ground...
but he has said that those talks will not cause him to change his plan to withdraw combat troops on time.

Yurt
07-05-2008, 07:52 PM
but he has said that those talks will not cause him to change his plan to withdraw combat troops on time.

as i already linked in the other thread:

In the past, Obama has stressed his plan to begin a withdrawal immediately and complete it within 16 months. But he has carefully hedged, leaving the option of taking more time if needed. His website, however, flatly states that he would "have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months."

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-campaign4-2008jul04,0,7214812.story

stay up to speed bucko

retiredman
07-05-2008, 07:57 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080705/ap_on_el_pr/obama

On Thursday in North Dakota, Obama said that "I'll ... continue to refine my policy" on Iraq after an upcoming trip there. With a promise to end the war the central premise of his candidacy, the Obama campaign has struggled over the past two days to push back against Republicans and others who say his recent statement could be a softening or change in policy.

Obama has always said his promise to end the war would require consultations with military commanders and, possibly, flexibility.

"The tactics of how we ensure our troops are safe as we pull out, how we execute the withdrawal, those are things that are all based on facts and conditions," he said. "I am not somebody — unlike George Bush — who is willing to ignore facts on the basis of my preconceived notions."

stay up to speed, dildo

Silver
07-05-2008, 08:00 PM

On Thursday in North Dakota, Obama said that "I'll ... continue to refine my policy" on Iraq after an upcoming trip there. With a promise to end the war the central premise of his candidacy, the Obama campaign has struggled over the past two days to push back against Republicans and others who say his recent statement could be a softening or change in policy.

Obama has always said his promise to end the war would require consultations with military commanders and, possibly, flexibility.

The translation is obvious......Obama's "promise" is bullshit.....more
food for the liberal bullshit eaters.....

"The tactics of how we ensure our troops are safe as we pull out, how we execute the withdrawal, those are things that are all based on facts and conditions," he said. "I am not somebody — unlike George Bush — who is willing to ignore facts on the basis of my preconceived notions."

stay up to speed, dildoa

Yurt
07-05-2008, 08:09 PM
mfm already admitted that obama:

did he ever say that he would consider facts on the ground in his earlier promises?
he did not, but that does not mean such an idea is "new", merely not one that was explicitly expressed

obama's website:

Bringing Our Troops Home
Obama will immediately begin to remove our troops from Iraq. He will remove one to two combat brigades each month, and have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months. Obama will make it clear that we will not build any permanent bases in Iraq. He will keep some troops in Iraq to protect our embassy and diplomats; if al Qaeda attempts to build a base within Iraq, he will keep troops in Iraq or elsewhere in the region to carry out targeted strikes on al Qaeda.

Obama has a plan to immediately begin withdrawing our troops engaged in combat operations at a pace of one or two brigades every month, to be completed by the end of next year

NOW:

In the past, Obama has stressed his plan to begin a withdrawal immediately and complete it within 16 months. But he has carefully hedged, leaving the option of taking more time if needed. His website, however, flatly states that he would "have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months."
He also chose not to make a case for the hard timeline that he laid out in the primary season. "My 16-month timeline, if you examine everything that I've said, was always premised on making sure that our troops were safe," he said.

retiredman
07-05-2008, 09:02 PM
mfm already admitted that obama:

did he ever say that he would consider facts on the ground in his earlier promises?

obama's website:

NOW:

He also chose not to make a case for the hard timeline that he laid out in the primary season. "My 16-month timeline, if you examine everything that I've said, was always premised on making sure that our troops were safe," he said.

and again...do you think that revising one's positions based upon updated information is a good thing or a bad thing?

Do you WANT your future president to be able to modify his positions as things on the ground change, or would you prefer your future president be as boneheaded as your current president?

namvet
07-05-2008, 09:34 PM

just your basic liberal flip flop lying ass.

Yurt
07-05-2008, 10:38 PM
just your basic liberal flip flop lying ass.

exactly...one can modify their position, but to make such a bold promise regarding pulling out of iraq, so bold that many people voted for him over hillary...to only now say...wait, lemme think about that

his judgement is a big part of his campaign

retiredman
07-06-2008, 07:00 AM
his judgement is a big part of his campaign

do you think that revising one's positions based upon updated information shows good judgment or bad judgment?

PostmodernProphet
07-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Yea, he's a puzzle all right but the problem is he doesn't have a clue how to solve anything.
sure he does....he's going to pull the troops out within sixteen months.....unless circumstances warrant it being longer......just so long as longer is within sixteen months.....if the generals okay it......so long as they okay it within sixteen months.....if the situation on the ground doesn't change.....etc.......

PostmodernProphet
07-06-2008, 07:46 AM
and again...do you think that revising one's positions based upon updated information is a good thing or a bad thing?

it's a great thing....it's just amusing that the position he came to after revising upon updated information is the same position we have had for six years.....

MtnBiker
07-06-2008, 09:19 AM
The Dem Congress was unable to end the war in '06. Which accounts for their low popularity rating.

The Democrat congress could have defunded the war. Why didn't they?

Yurt
07-06-2008, 09:44 AM
it's a great thing....it's just amusing that the position he came to after revising upon updated information is the same position we have had for six years.....

or essentially hillary's position...he set himself apart with that bold campaign promise, now that he is past the primaries and hillary no longer a threat, he revokes said promise...

he is a liar and made a bold face lie...if not a lie(which i believe it is, he knew voters would choose him over hillary because she would not set a timeline), then it shows what an inexperienced buffoon he is, to make such bold promises without considering the facts/reality of the matter

mundame
07-07-2008, 11:20 AM

"Let's do a little side-step"...........remember that politician's song from the movie "Greatest Little Whorehouse in Texas"?

Yep, Obama is edging out of this commitment to end the war.

More fool him: he should simply campaign on the original promise, which is popular, and then renege on it as soon as he gets in. Bush showed the way on that. Simply lie and then do what you want: if you're president, you can!!

mundame
07-07-2008, 11:23 AM
The Democrat congress could have defunded the war. Why didn't they?

Because they didn't want to rock the boat before they succeeded in capturing the Executive, both Legislative branches, and the Judicial branch of government. Which they are just about to do.

The Democrats didn't care how many died pointlessly in these pointless wars anymore than Bush and the Republicans cared.

They just wanted to lock up Washington before turning America into a leftist government entitlements/high tax society like Sweden.

namvet
07-11-2008, 09:50 PM
"Let's do a little side-step"...........remember that politician's song from the movie "Greatest Little Whorehouse in Texas"?

Yep, Obama is edging out of this commitment to end the war.

More fool him: he should simply campaign on the original promise, which is popular, and then renege on it as soon as he gets in. Bush showed the way on that. Simply lie and then do what you want: if you're president, you can!!

and if Al-Qaeda moves right back in???? what then????

retiredman
07-11-2008, 09:59 PM
and if Al-Qaeda moves right back in???? what then????

AQ in Iraq is, and has always been, an indigenous franchise operation that came into being after our invasion/conquest/occupation. The shiites in Iraq are not going to let them be any sort of force in Iraq - hell, the sunnis won't either.

manu1959
07-12-2008, 01:17 AM
End the war on Iraq

i was unaware that the us was at war with the iraq govt.....it was my understanding that the iraq govt and the us govt was working together to prevent the overthrow of the iraq govt.....

Yurt
07-12-2008, 01:23 AM
End the war on Iraq

i was unaware that the us was at war with the iraq govt.....it was my understanding that the iraq govt and the us govt was working together to prevent the overthrow of the iraq govt.....

what if it is a puppet government?

namvet
07-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Report: Bush Administration Considers Stepping Up Pace of Iraq Withdrawal

The Bush administration is considering withdrawal additional combat forces from Iraq, but a timeframe will depend on a report from newly-confirmed Central Command leader Gen. David Petraeus, the Pentagon said Sunday.

source (source)

so if their out before the end of the year what is Osama's 2nd priority???? decorate the white house.