PDA

View Full Version : Religious Polygamist Texans Launch Clothing Line

Psychoblues
07-05-2008, 03:13 AM
Whatever you do, you still have to make living, don't you know? These skanks have no clue, do they?

Source: AFP

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The raid by Texas authorities on a reclusive polygamous sect in April and their seizure of 400 children amid allegations of abuse has had an unexpected consequence -- the launch of a new clothing line.

Women from the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, who were called upon to make clothes en masse for the children taken into state custody, have now turned their skills to commerce and launched an online shop.

The austere dresses with long-sleeves and high collars, loose-fitting pants, long-johns and modest blouses worn by members of the sect are reminiscent of 19th century American pioneers and highlighted the sect's isolation.

But with the children returned to their legal guardians following a court ruling in May, the sect's members are turning their hand to providing their distinctive clothes to the general public -- and the demand appears strong.

"We don't know what to expect on demand but we have a flood of interest," Maggie Jessop, a member of the sect, told the Salt Lake Tribune newspaper.

At the website, www.fldsdress.com, the women propose clothing for children and teenagers that "meets the FLDS standards for modesty and neatness" and assert that "each piece is made with joy and care."

Among the items for sale is a "Princess" dress with long sleeves and wide pleats available in eight different colors, while the site's founders are hoping to soon add recipes and songs.........

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080702/ts_alt_afp/usrightspolygamysectchildrenfashionoffbeat

I wish my wife would hand sew my torn drawers!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoooops!!!!!!! I forgot, this is 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abbey Marie
07-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Just the ticket if we ever have that Little House on the Prairie party.

5stringJeff
07-05-2008, 02:15 PM
This is one of those 'consider the source' cases to me. I never buy gas from Citgo, even though it can be cheaper, because all the profits go towards Hugo Chavez's regime, which I do not support. Likewise, all the profits here would go to support a sect that allows children to be "married" to and sexually abused by men who know better, which I could never support.

actsnoblemartin
07-06-2008, 02:13 AM
i can see it now: you too can be forced to marry at 15 or you too can be forced to get pregnant at 16

:laugh2:

Psychoblues
07-08-2008, 02:44 AM
You are incredible, abby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just the ticket if we ever have that Little House on the Prairie party.

Thanks, I needed that!!!!!!!!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

-Cp
07-08-2008, 10:29 AM
This is one of those 'consider the source' cases to me. I never buy gas from Citgo, even though it can be cheaper, because all the profits go towards Hugo Chavez's regime, which I do not support. Likewise, all the profits here would go to support a sect that allows children to be "married" to and sexually abused by men who know better, which I could never support.

Uhh.. do we KNOW for SURE that this sect was allowing children to be abused? Didn't the state of Texas declare that the raid on this camp was unjust and they let the women/children get back in there?

5stringJeff
07-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Uhh.. do we KNOW for SURE that this sect was allowing children to be abused? Didn't the state of Texas declare that the raid on this camp was unjust and they let the women/children get back in there?

What they declared - rightfully so - was that the state of Texas did not have the authority to take all the children out of the compound. They did, in fact, find evidence that some of the children (six?) had been abused, and they remain in state custody, last I heard.

Abbey Marie
07-08-2008, 04:20 PM
I would argue that when a 40 year old man marries a 16 year old, and she was raised in a cloistered environment with no other real choice, it is pretty much de facto abuse.

emmett
07-08-2008, 09:29 PM
I would argue that when a 40 year old man marries a 16 year old, and she was raised in a cloistered environment with no other real choice, it is pretty much de facto abuse.

(throat clearing sound) Dah!

I knew someone in this looney group of lefties on here would actually come on and try to defend those shitbags. Look, the sky is blue, the grass is green and Extreme Morman Polygamist factions DO EXIST, they molest children, brainwash and worse.......

problem is.........our system is set up to protect their indescretions. How can this shit be happening in 2008 and people still try to defend it. Sheeeez!

Psychoblues
07-11-2008, 04:47 AM
In this observation, abby, I agree 1,000%.

The perverts may howl, let them. The howling exposes their particular location, dig it?

Abbey Marie
07-11-2008, 07:37 AM
In this observation, abby, I agree 1,000%.

The perverts may howl, let them. The howling exposes their particular location, dig it?

Yup, I can dig it. :)

Psychoblues
07-11-2008, 07:47 AM
Keep your eyes and ears open, abby.

Yup, I can dig it. :)

The perverts surround us!!!!!!!!!!!!!:poke:

Trinity
07-11-2008, 08:40 PM
I wish my wife would hand sew my torn drawers!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoooops!!!!!!! I forgot, this is 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Throw them away and buy some new ones.....or you could sew them yourself. ;)

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Now, that's the real deal, Trinity!!!!!!!!!!!!

Throw them away and buy some new ones.....or you could sew them yourself. ;)

Could I borrow a buck 2.95?