PDA

View Full Version : Interesting...Just FYI....

Silver
07-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Without comment....

Saddam's uranium headed for Ontario processing plant
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
UN inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency work at the nuclear facility in Tuwaitha, 31 miles east of Baghdad, Iraq, June 9, 2003.

'Yellowcake' will be processed here and used for power generation
Jul 05, 2008 03:12 PM
Comments on this story (1)
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

The last major remnant of Saddam Hussein's nuclear program, a huge stockpile of concentrated natural uranium, reached Montreal today to complete a top-secret U.S. operation.

It included a two-week airlift from Baghdad and a voyage across two oceans.

The removal of 550 metric tonnes of "yellowcake," the seed material for higher-grade nuclear enrichment, was a significant step toward closing the books on Saddam's nuclear legacy.

http://www.thestar.com/News/Ontario/article/455063

namvet
07-05-2008, 07:06 PM
wonder what use Hussein had for this???? hmmm.

07-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Wait, this can't possibly be true. After all everyone knows Bush lied about the yellow cake. Isnt this what we've been told since 2003?

Mr. P
07-05-2008, 09:14 PM
I ain't buying it. Why not announce this find when it happened? Why endure yrs of Bush lied just to leak this a few months from the election?

PLEALEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZ. :lame2:

Said1
07-05-2008, 09:29 PM
I ain't buying it. Why not announce this find when it happened? Why endure yrs of Bush lied just to leak this a few months from the election?

We probably sold it to him deguised as maple candy - in the shape of a maple leaf of course!

The Toronto Star is a pretty crappy paper. As far as crappy newspapers go, it's probably one of the crappiest. If other sources picked it up I'd be more inclinded to believe it, though.

namvet
07-05-2008, 09:31 PM

The deal culminated more than a year of intense diplomatic and military initiatives — kept hushed in fear of ambushes or attacks once the convoys were under way.

well????

Mr. P
07-05-2008, 10:21 PM
well????

Doesn't change a thing for me.

07-05-2008, 10:28 PM
We probably sold it to him deguised as maple candy - in the shape of a maple leaf of course!

The Toronto Star is a pretty crappy paper. As far as crappy newspapers go, it's probably one of the crappiest. If other sources picked it up I'd be more inclinded to believe it, though.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080706/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_yellowcake_mission

does this work?

namvet
07-06-2008, 08:47 AM
yeah that works and so does this:

la times (la times)

It's not really a big deal....it just confirms that he stopped his nuke program before 91. It is not material everyone thought he had, rather the actual weapons, which if he did have them were moved before the invasion.

Said1
07-06-2008, 09:27 PM
It's all over the news here, although I admit to not really watching the entire story. :o

Dilloduck
07-06-2008, 09:39 PM

Yellowcake uranium is actually quite tasty with or without the maple syrup. It wont hurt a flea and makes your insides show up real good on an MRI or CAT scan. We couldn't let Saddam just let HIS people eat cake ! Greedy dead bastard !!

Said1
07-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Yellowcake uranium is actually quite tasty with or without the maple syrup. It wont hurt a flea and makes your insides show up real good on an MRI or CAT scan. We couldn't let Saddam just let HIS people eat cake ! Greedy dead bastard !!

he's not dead, he just delivered my pizza. Sad. A man with his credentials, probably working for tips at his brother-in-law's restaurant - Casa Luna....buy one get one free!

Dilloduck
07-06-2008, 09:44 PM
he's not dead, he just delivered my pizza. Sad. A man with his credentials, probably working for tips at his brother-in-law's restaurant - Casa Luna....buy one get one free!

That's what he deserves for hording all that yellowcake--I bet he's tight with the anchovies and parmesian too.

namvet
07-07-2008, 07:57 AM
does that come with chocolate icing???? :laugh2: