PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Election result predictions

emmett
07-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Obama 48% - 50 million votes
Mccain 48% - 50 million votes
Barr 4% - 4 million votes

The real winner will be the average Libertarian. While either JM or BO will experience victory they will have to deal with the fact that over 4 times as many Americans have just voted for Liberty than ever before. It WILL influence them. If it does not, you will see 7 million votes for the LP in 2012 when I would imagine Wayne Allen Root will be the Libertarian candidate.

So, I sort of hope they ignore the results of this election. The LP support for freedom from this present day fiasco will flourish as youngsters of today enter their thirties. In 2016 I see the LP getting double digit percentages and starting to cut into the Democrats numbers then as they will the Republicans in the two preceeding elections. Americans will be sick of taxation by that time which will be close to 60% of what they earn.

In 2020, a Libertarian will be elected to the presidency of the United States of America and the new/old America will be born. Hopefully our foolish ways will not dissolve our nation before then. Just remember you heard some fool on Debate Policy predict it 12 years earlier.

"I thought that guy was an idiot", one of you will say. "I'll be damned, he was right."