PDA

View Full Version : H.R. 1022: To reauthorize the assault weapons ban, and for other purposes

Mr. P
03-08-2007, 09:34 AM
I guess I need to get off my butt and get that glock soon.
Of course since the 2004 expiration of the 94 ban we all know there was an explosion in 'assault weapon' crime, right?

110th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 1022

To reauthorize the assault weapons ban, and for other purposes.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

February 13, 2007

Mrs. MCCARTHY of New York introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

A BILL Text of the bill here...
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h110-1022

glockmail
03-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Sponsered by another Nazi Damnocrat http://www.govtrack.us/congress/person.xpd?id=400257

Hobbit
03-08-2007, 12:02 PM
The 'assault weapon' ban is retarded. In the real world, what makes something an 'assault rifle' is being a clip-fed rifled weapon that uses rifle rounds and is capable of automatic fire. The main thing that makes it dangerous is the automatic fire, which is already illegal. The assault weapon ban only banned stuff like clips above a certain size, collapsable stocks, and such other things that really don't matter. It's a piece of pandering, feel-good legislation.

I still remember not long after the original expired, my 'host family' at college invited me over for lunch. While there, I had the priviledge of viewing the dad's gun collection (he's a cop), which he keeps locked in a large, heavy safe (once again, cop...takes weapon safety VERY seriously). The pride and joy of that collection was a civilian model M4 carbine, a VERY fine weapon, which I had the priviledge of handling. As I peered down the optical sights he had on it, he told me that since it had a collapsable stock, he had to lock it in that safe so it wouldn't break out and kill people.

CSM
03-08-2007, 12:55 PM
The 'assault weapon' ban is retarded. In the real world, what makes something an 'assault rifle' is being a clip-fed rifled weapon that uses rifle rounds and is capable of automatic fire. The main thing that makes it dangerous is the automatic fire, which is already illegal. The assault weapon ban only banned stuff like clips above a certain size, collapsable stocks, and such other things that really don't matter. It's a piece of pandering, feel-good legislation.

I still remember not long after the original expired, my 'host family' at college invited me over for lunch. While there, I had the priviledge of viewing the dad's gun collection (he's a cop), which he keeps locked in a large, heavy safe (once again, cop...takes weapon safety VERY seriously). The pride and joy of that collection was a civilian model M4 carbine, a VERY fine weapon, which I had the priviledge of handling. As I peered down the optical sights he had on it, he told me that since it had a collapsable stock, he had to lock it in that safe so it wouldn't break out and kill people.

Well yer just darn lucky it didn't have a bayonet stud...no tellin what would have happened!

Mr. P
03-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Well yer just darn lucky it didn't have a bayonet stud...no tellin what would have happened!

No kidding that would have meant certain death!

Some more to show how stupid this is…

This wasn't supposed to happen. When the federal assault weapons ban ended on Sept. 13, 2004, gun crimes and police killings were predicted to surge. Instead, they have declined.

More...http://www.lewrockwell.com/lott/lott42.html

5stringJeff
03-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Screw this ban. And make machine guns legal again while you're at it.