PDA

View Full Version : I think liberals dismiss god's word - moved

actsnoblemartin
07-06-2008, 02:16 PM
when it isn't convient for them

They dont want prayer in schools, but then look to replace god with the religion of liberalism and big government.

They say they want equality for homosexuals but what they really want is to change the definition of marriage and child rearing with the religion of liberalism and big government.

Yes if it isn't obvious, I have sought out god's word and some friend's guidance and done a lot of painful soul searching and I have found that I believe like everything else, god was right about homosexuality, and therefore, like islam and my own religion judaism, I do find it to be a sin. But i do not cast judgmental, thats god's job, im too love to the sinner but hate the sin.

Let the liberal tolerance begin :laugh2:

Joe Steel
07-06-2008, 02:47 PM
when it isn't convient for them

They dont want prayer in schools, but then look to replace god with the religion of liberalism and big government.

They say they want equality for homosexuals but what they really want is to change the definition of marriage and child rearing with the religion of liberalism and big government.

Yes if it isn't obvious, I have sought out god's word and some friend's guidance and done a lot of painful soul searching and I have found that I believe like everything else, god was right about homosexuality, and therefore, like islam and my own religion judaism, I do find it to be a sin. But i do not cast judgmental, thats god's job, im too love to the sinner but hate the sin.

Let the liberal tolerance begin :laugh2:

Jesus Christ was the first liberal. He said:

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
"Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted.
"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled.
"Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
"Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "
"Blessed are ye, when men shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad, for great is your reward in heaven; for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.'"

These are the principles of liberalism.

He didn't say blessed are the richest or best-armed or most hateful so I don't think you can be conservative and saved.

darin
07-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Moved to lounge - Martin - if you wish to do an op/ed or just rant, place that thread here. Also - no need to start a new thread if the rant you're currently on fits into or relates to another of your rants.

:)

darin
07-06-2008, 03:18 PM

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled.
"Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "
"Blessed are ye, when men shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad, for great is your reward in heaven; for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.'"

He didn't say blessed are the richest or best-armed or most hateful so I don't think you can be conservative and saved.

None of that has anything to do with "Liberalism".

April15
07-06-2008, 03:39 PM

He didn't say blessed are the richest or best-armed or most hateful so I don't think you can be conservative and saved.I am an atheist but I do believe this guy went into a synagoge and smashed all the moneychangers tables. That would, to me, indicate money lovers are sinners in his eyes.

Joe Steel
07-06-2008, 07:55 PM
I am an atheist but I do believe this guy went into a synagoge and smashed all the moneychangers tables. That would, to me, indicate money lovers are sinners in his eyes.

It's harder for a rich man to enter heaven than for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle.

darin
07-06-2008, 09:24 PM
It's harder for a rich man to enter heaven than for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle.

...do you have any idea what it means - what you're citing?

Hagbard Celine
07-06-2008, 10:22 PM

I have a feeling it has something to do with camel toes.

Joe Steel
07-07-2008, 06:39 AM

Yes.

Do you?

darin
07-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Yes.

Do you?

I think you're lying. Based on when you used that piece, you clearly have no understanding of it's intent.

Abbey Marie
07-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Joe,

The Beatitudes are far from political. Can you tell us how exactly you see them as "liberal"?

Here's a description of what it really is about. I bolded a small part that should be of particular interest to you.

Gospel of Matthew, Chapter 5

5:1-2. The opening verses of the Sermon on the Mount indicate that this message deals with the inner state of mind and heart which is the indispensable absolute of true Christian discipleship. It delineates the outward manifestations of character and conduct of the true believer and genuine disciple. A dispensationalist, Lawlor writes: "We do not find basic, fundamental Law here, for law cannot produce the state of blessedness set forth herein" (cf. G. Lawlor, The Beatitudes Are for Today, p. 11). Rather, the quality of life herein described is the necessary product of grace alone. As Jesus states the outward legal requirements of the law and then carries His listener beyond the letter of the law to the true spirit and intent of the law, He describes a life-style which no human being could live in his own power. Thus, the life of the believer, described by Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount, is a life of grace and glory, which comes from God alone. To make this quality of life the product of man's human efforts (as does the liberal) is the height of overestimation of man's ability and underestimation of his depravity. To relegate this entire message, Jesus' longest recorded sermon, to a Jewish-only life-style, as do hyper-dispensationalists, is to rob the church of her greatest statement of true Christian living!
http://www.biblepath.com/commentary/beatitudes5a.html

I am glad, though, that you want to be identified with it. It is powerful. I would suggest you read the entire link, if you want to better understand it all.

midcan5
07-07-2008, 12:32 PM
"Think about it: A conservative Christian is a contradiction in terms. Christ wasn't a conservative. He fed the hungry simply because they were hungry. He didn't require that they go to work first. He healed the sick, simply because they were sick. He didn't push them into an insurance company, or let the drug companies gouge them on prices. Jesus was a liberal; Herod was the conservative." Rev. Jesse Jackson

actsnoblemartin
07-07-2008, 12:50 PM
in case im not making myself clear, I did not and am not saying god is a conservative, nor do i think he is a liberal.

God is non-partisan, atleast thats how i feel about it.

my point was that liberals dismiss god's word based on feelings, the church of liberalism, and their new god, the democratic party.

Do liberal think, the conservatives dont care about people who are starving, or poor.

thats the most ridiculous, arrogant and stupid thing ive ever heard

darin
07-07-2008, 12:51 PM
"Think about it: A conservative Christian is a contradiction in terms. Christ wasn't a conservative. He fed the hungry simply because they were hungry. He didn't require that they go to work first. He healed the sick, simply because they were sick. He didn't push them into an insurance company, or let the drug companies gouge them on prices. Jesus was a liberal; Herod was the conservative." Rev. Jesse Jackson

The title "Reverend" followed by the name "jesse jackson" are contradictions. Christ never commented on social programs. To take Christ feeding folk and applying it to Liberalism, etc, is such a nasty vulgar stretch I fear for Mr. Jackson's soul.