PDA

View Full Version : Here Comes 'Climate Crisis Action Day'

stephanie
03-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Heck, if it's still 40 below zero here that day, I think I'll go and leave my car idling for an hour to show my solidarity..:dance:

By Susan Jones
CNSNews.com Senior Editor
March 08, 2007

(CNSNews.com) - Environmental activists and liberal politicians will join forces in Washington, D.C., on March 20 for the first "Climate Crisis Action Day," which is billed as a "carbon-neutral global warming event."

Speakers at the West Front of the U.S. Capitol will include Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.) and others concerned about climate change.

"Visuals will include a giant inflatable earth on fire, hybrid cars, and thousands of advocates in crimson T-shirts," the news release said.

Environmental groups that are sponsoring the event expect thousands of Americans to come to the Capitol to meet with their senators and representatives -- and "urge them to support swift, steep reductions in global warming pollution and protect the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge."
Questions (and answers) to be addressed at the event include:

Why must we act now to fight global warming?
Activists' answer: "Science tells us that we can prevent the worst effects if we cut emissions enough to keep temperatures from rising more than 2.4 degrees Fahrenheit above today's levels." (Skeptics say the science has been hyped beyond what the facts support.) ;

What is at stake?
Answer: "The Arctic and other pristine public lands face thawing, drought, forest fires and other warming effects. Sea level rise could create millions of 'Eco refugees' as people flee coasts." (Scaremongering, some Americans insist.) ;

What can we do?
Answer: "Support investments in efficiency and renewable energy, reduce global warming pollution, and protect the Arctic wilderness." (Reducing greenhouse gas emissions will "shut down the machine we call America," says Sen. James Inhofe, a leading critic of the argument that human activity is causing climate change.)
Sponsors of Climate Crisis Action Day include: Alaska Wilderness League, Earthjustice, Harris Lithographics Incorporated, the International Fund for Animal Welfare, National Audubon Society, NRDC Action Fund, SaveOurEnvironment.org, Sierra Club, Washington City Paper, The Wilderness Society and 94.7FM The Globe.

Many other groups are listed as "supporters."

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCulture.asp?Page=/Culture/archive/200703/CUL20070308c.html

Dilloduck
03-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Heck, if it's still 40 below zero here that day, I think I'll go and leave my car idling for an hour to show my solidarity..:dance:

By Susan Jones
CNSNews.com Senior Editor
March 08, 2007

(CNSNews.com) - Environmental activists and liberal politicians will join forces in Washington, D.C., on March 20 for the first "Climate Crisis Action Day," which is billed as a "carbon-neutral global warming event."

Speakers at the West Front of the U.S. Capitol will include Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.) and others concerned about climate change.

"Visuals will include a giant inflatable earth on fire, hybrid cars, and thousands of advocates in crimson T-shirts," the news release said.

Environmental groups that are sponsoring the event expect thousands of Americans to come to the Capitol to meet with their senators and representatives -- and "urge them to support swift, steep reductions in global warming pollution and protect the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge."
Questions (and answers) to be addressed at the event include:

Why must we act now to fight global warming?
Activists' answer: "Science tells us that we can prevent the worst effects if we cut emissions enough to keep temperatures from rising more than 2.4 degrees Fahrenheit above today's levels." (Skeptics say the science has been hyped beyond what the facts support.) ;

What is at stake?
Answer: "The Arctic and other pristine public lands face thawing, drought, forest fires and other warming effects. Sea level rise could create millions of 'Eco refugees' as people flee coasts." (Scaremongering, some Americans insist.) ;

What can we do?
Answer: "Support investments in efficiency and renewable energy, reduce global warming pollution, and protect the Arctic wilderness." (Reducing greenhouse gas emissions will "shut down the machine we call America," says Sen. James Inhofe, a leading critic of the argument that human activity is causing climate change.)
Sponsors of Climate Crisis Action Day include: Alaska Wilderness League, Earthjustice, Harris Lithographics Incorporated, the International Fund for Animal Welfare, National Audubon Society, NRDC Action Fund, SaveOurEnvironment.org, Sierra Club, Washington City Paper, The Wilderness Society and 94.7FM The Globe.

Many other groups are listed as "supporters."

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCulture.asp?Page=/Culture/archive/200703/CUL20070308c.html

How much pollution will they all create getting to DC ? I love how the left hand ignores what he right hand is doing. :laugh2: