PDA

View Full Version : Joey Porter

jimnyc
03-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Hell, I'm pissed. He was released by the Steelers and just signed a 5 year deal with the Dolphins. IMO, he was the centerpiece of their defense, and a true leader. He took no shit from anyone and played the game with some serious intensity. If Cowher was still the coach, no way Porter was let go. I'm thinking Tomlin called in players one by one for interviews, Porter heard something he didn't like and told him to eat shit!

Worst part is, I named my little Chihuahua after him! So now instead of calling him Porter I've been calling him Pokie. I'm glad Bettis finished his career there, or my Pug, Jerome, would have been awfully upset to be called Willie or something like that!

Scooter
03-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Hell, I'm pissed. He was released by the Steelers and just signed a 5 year deal with the Dolphins. IMO, he was the centerpiece of their defense, and a true leader. He took no shit from anyone and played the game with some serious intensity. If Cowher was still the coach, no way Porter was let go. I'm thinking Tomlin called in players one by one for interviews, Porter heard something he didn't like and told him to eat shit!

Worst part is, I named my little Chihuahua after him! So now instead of calling him Porter I've been calling him Pokie. I'm glad Bettis finished his career there, or my Pug, Jerome, would have been awfully upset to be called Willie or something like that!

It's going to be interesting to see if Tomlin can hold that team and the city, or if both wind up turning on him if the Steelers start out 2-4 next year.

jimnyc
03-08-2007, 11:29 AM
It's going to be interesting to see if Tomlin can hold that team and the city, or if both wind up turning on him if the Steelers start out 2-4 next year.

Quite a few are already displeased, just because Cowher was liked so much. And although I disagree with them, many have already shown their displeasure simply because he's black. I think he's qualified, and in time he'll do just fine, but if they do start 2-4 they will most definitely call for his head. Or maybe pour beer on his head like they did to Kordell! :laugh2:

jackass
03-08-2007, 02:36 PM
I was hoping the Giants were gonna make a play for him! The F*ing Dolphins! Him and Taylor should make for a pretty mean defense next year.

grunt
03-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Taylor on one side and Porter on the other with Thomas in the middle.

Bring it on, bitches!!! :finger3:

jackass
03-30-2007, 02:33 PM
I think the Dolphins are gonna be one of the teams to watch this year. I must say...I dont hate them nearly as much as I used to when that cry baby Marino was their quarterback!

grunt
03-30-2007, 02:38 PM
I think the Dolphins are gonna be one of the teams to watch this year. I must say...I dont hate them nearly as much as I used to when that cry baby Marino was their quarterback!

HEY NOW Those are fighting words!!! :finger3: I hope they sign Carr. If not him I hope Quinn falls far enough for them to draft.

And Marino is the best passer the gama has ever known. He never cried, he was just passionate about the game.

jackass
03-30-2007, 02:41 PM
HEY NOW Those are fighting words!!! :finger3: I hope they sign Carr. If not him I hope Quinn falls far enough for them to draft.

And Marino is the best passer the gama has ever known. He never cried, he was just passionate about the game.

Come on he was a whiner!! :laugh2:

If they get Carr...man they would be very dangerous!

grunt
03-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Come on he was a whiner!! :laugh2:

If they get Carr...man they would be very dangerous!

Not whine!!!!! PASSION!!! lol

And I hope so!

jackass
03-30-2007, 02:56 PM
Not whine!!!!! PASSION!!! lol

And I hope so!

I hope they dont...would just mean I would kinda have to like Miami!! :puke3:

:laugh2:

5stringJeff
03-31-2007, 10:13 AM

I think you're forgetting someone...

http://www.opengroup.com/sports/images/(SC)Joe_Montana_Photo.jpg

grunt
03-31-2007, 11:05 AM
I think you're forgetting someone...

http://www.opengroup.com/sports/images/(SC)Joe_Montana_Photo.jpg

Montana was no where near the passer Marino was. Was he a better QB? Arguably, yes.

If Marino had ever had a 49er like "D", running back (Craig) or receiver (Rice) or if Marino was on the Bills of the early '90's we'd all have forgotten about Montana (maybe not forgotten) but there would be no question as to who was the best QB ever because Marino would have a hand full of championship rings. Now, I don't think this is a good way to judge individual players. But that's what most people do. I think you can judge a TEAM by championships, but not an individual in a team sport.

OCA
03-31-2007, 11:24 AM
Montana was no where near the passer Marino was. Was he a better QB? Arguably, yes.

If Marino had ever had a 49er like "D", running back (Craig) or receiver (Rice) or if Marino was on the Bills of the early '90's we'd all have forgotten about Montana (maybe not forgotten) but there would be no question as to who was the best QB ever because Marino would have a hand full of championship rings. Now, I don't think this is a good way to judge individual players. But that's what most people do. I think you can judge a TEAM by championships, but not an individual in a team sport.

Arguably? Are you kidding me? Montana won the big games, always.....Marino choked, Marino may have had a rocket arm but he had no heart.

Montana was the greatest ever....hands down.

Oh and Joey Porter....Jimmy.....sucks.....dirtiest player in NFL.

manu1959
03-31-2007, 11:29 AM
marino doesnt even make top three........

http://www.armchairgm.com/index.php?title=Who_are_the_greatest_NFL_players_e ver%3F

great passer?!.... hell fouts was a great passer

grunt
03-31-2007, 11:57 AM
Arguably? Are you kidding me? Montana won the big games, always.....Marino choked, Marino may have had a rocket arm but he had no heart.

Montana was the greatest ever....hands down.

Montana won those games all by himself too huh? LOL! As I wrote earlier, if Marino ever had half the team around him that Montana had, Marino would have a fist full of championship rings right now.

When did Marino ever "choke"? Show me a time when Marino, other than when he was hurt, couldn't make the throw. Montana had the games all-time best receiver, he had one of the games best running backs and Montana always had a defense. Marino had ONE 1000yr running back his entire career and a defense that allowed 30 pt's per game most of his career. And Clayton and Duper were average at best. If Montana had of been a Dolphin and Marino a 49er, we'd be having the exact same argument, with just the names changed.

grunt
03-31-2007, 12:00 PM
marino doesnt even make top three........

http://www.armchairgm.com/index.php?title=Who_are_the_greatest_NFL_players_e ver%3F

great passer?!.... hell fouts was a great passer

He makes mine and many more people's top three. Your guy even said "you have to consider championships". I find that wrong. A QB does not win championships. A team wins championships. And Marino, with all of his records, did that on sub-par teams. Montana, Elway nor Unitas could have won a super bowl with the teams Marino played on.

manu1959
03-31-2007, 12:30 PM
He makes mine and many more people's top three. Your guy even said "you have to consider championships". I find that wrong. A QB does not win championships. A team wins championships. And Marino, with all of his records, did that on sub-par teams. Montana, Elway nor Unitas could have won a super bowl with the teams Marino played on.

if i could could pick any quaterback to win a game or my family would be killed marino would not even be in my top five .... montana, bradshaw, stabler, namath, unitas, elway ..... hell i would take plunket .... like i said foutus could throw the ball but couldn't win .... it is all well and fine to say he is a great quaterback but at the end of the day you are paid to win .... sub par teams ... lol ... making excuses now...http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia1984.htm

OCA
03-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Montana won those games all by himself too huh? LOL! As I wrote earlier, if Marino ever had half the team around him that Montana had, Marino would have a fist full of championship rings right now.

When did Marino ever "choke"? Show me a time when Marino, other than when he was hurt, couldn't make the throw. Montana had the games all-time best receiver, he had one of the games best running backs and Montana always had a defense. Marino had ONE 1000yr running back his entire career and a defense that allowed 30 pt's per game most of his career. And Clayton and Duper were average at best. If Montana had of been a Dolphin and Marino a 49er, we'd be having the exact same argument, with just the names changed.

No, if Montana had been a Dolphin the Dolphins would've won 5 S.B.'s by now, Montana engineered more two minute game winning drives than anyone in history.

Marino choked by never winning the big 1, hell he only got to the S.B. 1 time(took a beating from the Niners and Montana BTW) and I believe that was his only trip to the AFC title game that year too.

My point is that a special QB finds ways to win games despite who is around him, Brett Farve is a perfect example, he's had ok personnel around him during his career but he always found a way to win despite the personnel.

IMO Marino was a good QB but not a special one, he's overrated as far as how history views his career. I hold Jim Kelly in higher esteem.

grunt
03-31-2007, 12:50 PM
if i could could pick any quaterback to win a game or my family would be killed marino would not even be in my top five .... montana, bradshaw, stabler, namath, unitas, elway ..... hell i would take plunket .... like i said foutus could throw the ball but couldn't win .... it is all well and fine to say he is a great quaterback but at the end of the day you are paid to win .... sub par teams ... lol ... making excuses now...http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia1984.htm

From your site that lists Elway as the best QB ever:

"However, Elway did have maybe the best TE ever in Shannon Sharpe and never came close to winning the Super Bowl prior to the arrival of Terrell Davis. "

"If this were just a statistical competition Dan Marino would be the best ever"

And by you saying that you would rather have "stabler" or "namath" just proves to me that you either don't watch too much football or are older than 50. Not bashing, just making an assumption.

OCA
03-31-2007, 01:03 PM

"However, Elway did have maybe the best TE ever in Shannon Sharpe and never came close to winning the Super Bowl prior to the arrival of Terrell Davis. "

And by you saying that you would rather have "stabler" or "namath" just proves to me that you either don't watch too much football or are older than 50. Not bashing, just making an assumption.

Elway never won the big one because he kept running into better QBs than himself in Montana and I believe Aikman, might be wrong on Elway and Aikman hooking up in an S.B.

manu1959
03-31-2007, 01:03 PM

assumptions about me will not make marino a better quaterback ....

i can here him now at the quater backs old folks home .... "i had better stats" ....LOL

grunt
03-31-2007, 01:24 PM
No, if Montana had been a Dolphin the Dolphins would've won 5 S.B.'s by now, Montana engineered more two minute game winning drives than anyone in history.

Marino choked by never winning the big 1, hell he only got to the S.B. 1 time(took a beating from the Niners and Montana BTW) and I believe that was his only trip to the AFC title game that year too.

My point is that a special QB finds ways to win games despite who is around him, Brett Farve is a perfect example, he's had ok personnel around him during his career but he always found a way to win despite the personnel.

IMO Marino was a good QB but not a special one, he's overrated as far as how history views his career. I hold Jim Kelly in higher esteem.

You contridict yourself so many times in this post I don't know where to start. And actually, I think you are just one of those people who dislike Marino because they was always talk about him and you weren't a Dolphin of Marino fan.

Why do you think that Montana would have won 5 rings with the dolphins even though he won only 4 with the 49ers?

Sorry, QB's with the most 4th quarter comebacks:

1. Elway
2.Marino
3. Brady (I believe it's brady, I could be wrong)

Marino got to the big one only once because he didn't have the support Montana had. Yes, the 49ers beat the DOLPHINS in the super bowl. Marino's rookie season BTW. And why? Because the dolphins "D" was ranked 22nd in the league. 49ers was ranked 2nd. The 49ers had a running game. They had TWO guys with nearly 1000yrds. (Craig had over 1000 and I can't remember who had almost 1000) Dolphins, no running game, leading rusher-~650yrds. YET, they still made it to the SB. If Marino had been playing for the 49ers and Montana for the Dolphins, the 49ers would have still won.

Marino made it to the AFC championship twice. The second time was after his achilles injury. He was never the same after that. That's another thing, Montana was lucky enough to not have had any big injuries. Also, what did Montana do for the Chiefs?? NOTHING!! You know why? The CHIEFS SUCKED! Just liked the Dolphins.

You're point is moot. A good QB is only as good as those around him. Although, a great QB will make an average team better. Football is not tennis. It is a TEAM sport. I mean, from what you're saying Montana could have went out to my neighborhood and picked up some guys and won the super bowl with them. Doesn't make since. I realize that this is all spectulation since marino never played for any other teams...although Montana did..and we see where that got him.

Marino won more games than Brett. So what you are saying makes no sense. Brett won one super bowl yes but Brett Favre's Super Bowl team had everything. From great recievers to a 1500yrd rusher to a great "D". since then he has had no team. And he has won no super bowls. I guess Brett is a "choker"? :rolleyes:

Kelly was a great QB and that Bills team does not get the credit they deserve for making it to the SB 4 years in a row. Although, I'm guessing you think they suck because they never won the big one.

People who know little about football will always say Dan was "overrrated" because he never won the "Big One". Well, the DOLPHINS never won the big one. Marino holds almost every important QB record there is. He is, arguably, the best QB ever.

grunt
03-31-2007, 01:24 PM
Elway never won the big one because he kept running into better QBs than himself in Montana and I believe Aikman, might be wrong on Elway and Aikman hooking up in an S.B.

You think Aikman was better than Elway?????

So, you also think Doug Williams was a better QB than Elway? I mean, the redskins, with Doug Williams beat the shit out of Elway and the Broncos.

Also, Phil Simms???

grunt
03-31-2007, 01:25 PM
assumptions about me will not make marino a better quaterback ....

i can here him now at the quater backs old folks home .... "i had better stats" ....LOL

So you're saying you base how good a QB is on how many Super Bowls they've won?

grunt
03-31-2007, 01:34 PM
While we are at it. Since you guys both believe you can only be a great QB if you have won a SB:

Len Dawson
Jim Plunkett
Joe Theismann
Jim McMahon
Mark Rypien
Jeff Hostetler
Kurt Warner
Trent Dilfer
Brad Johnson
Ben Roethlisberger

All of the above guys are better than Marino. Because they won a super bowl. Please.....

OCA
03-31-2007, 01:35 PM
You contridict yourself so many times in this post I don't know where to start. And actually, I think you are just one of those people who dislike Marino because they was always talk about him and you weren't a Dolphin of Marino fan.

Why do you think that Montana would have won 5 rings with the dolphins even though he won only 4 with the 49ers?

Sorry, QB's with the most 4th quarter comebacks:

1. Elway
2.Marino
3. Brady (I believe it's brady, I could be wrong)

Marino got to the big one only once because he didn't have the support Montana had. Yes, the 49ers beat the DOLPHINS in the super bowl. Marino's rookie season BTW. And why? Because the dolphins "D" was ranked 22nd in the league. 49ers was ranked 2nd. The 49ers had a running game. They had TWO guys with nearly 1000yrds. (Craig had over 1000 and I can't remember who had almost 1000) Dolphins, no running game, leading rusher-~650yrds. YET, they still made it to the SB. If Marino had been playing for the 49ers and Montana for the Dolphins, the 49ers would have still won.

Marino made it to the AFC championship twice. The second time was after his achilles injury. He was never the same after that. That's another thing, Montana was lucky enough to not have had any big injuries. Also, what did Montana do for the Chiefs?? NOTHING!! You know why? The CHIEFS SUCKED! Just liked the Dolphins.

You're point is moot. A good QB is only as good as those around him. Although, a great QB will make an average team better. Football is not tennis. It is a TEAM sport. I mean, from what you're saying Montana could have went out to my neighborhood and picked up some guys and won the super bowl with them. Doesn't make since. I realize that this is all spectulation since marino never played for any other teams...although Montana did..and we see where that got him.

Marino won more games than Brett. So what you are saying makes no sense. Brett won one super bowl yes but Brett Favre's Super Bowl team had everything. From great recievers to a 1500yrd rusher to a great "D". since then he has had no team. And he has won no super bowls. I guess Brett is a "choker"? :rolleyes:

Kelly was a great QB and that Bills team does not get the credit they deserve for making it to the SB 4 years in a row. Although, I'm guessing you think they suck because they never won the big one.

People who know little about football will always say Dan was "overrrated" because he never won the "Big One". Well, the DOLPHINS never won the big one. Marino holds almost every important QB record there is. He is, arguably, the best QB ever.

Little about football? I said I believed that that was his only trip to the AFC title game which means I could be wrong.

Montana didn't win anything with the Chiefs because those were the last couple years of his in the NFL, knees were shot among other things, if not I guarantee the Chiefs would've tasted success under Montana.

Marino won more games than Farve, still didn't win the big one and Brett did, so yeah i'm saying that Farve is a better QB than Marino.

Ok wrong on the two minute drive stat, point was that Montana got it done when it had to be done.......Marino didn't. Marino can have all the stats in the world but he lacks the 1 thing that legitimizes him......a ring, without that he's the same as Bubby Brister lol.

OCA
03-31-2007, 01:39 PM
While we are at it. Since you guys both believe you can only be a great QB if you have won a SB:

Len Dawson
Jim Plunkett
Joe Theismann
Jim McMahon
Mark Rypien
Jeff Hostetler
Kurt Warner
Trent Dilfer
Brad Johnson
Ben Roethlisberger

All of the above guys are better than Marino. Because they won a super bowl. Please.....

Yep. Stats or no stats it gives them a leg up on Danny Boy.

If Marino was so influential aqnd so damn good how come he never pressured the Dolphins into getting him these things you say he needed in order to win the S.B.? Was it because the Dolphins knew if they did they still didn't have a QB who could win the big one so why waste the time and money?

grunt
03-31-2007, 01:44 PM
Little about football? I said I believed that that was his only trip to the AFC title game which means I could be wrong.

Montana didn't win anything with the Chiefs because those were the last couple years of his in the NFL, knees were shot among other things, if not I guarantee the Chiefs would've tasted success under Montana.

Marino won more games than Farve, still didn't win the big one and Brett did, so yeah i'm saying that Farve is a better QB than Marino.

Ok wrong on the two minute drive stat, point was that Montana got it done when it had to be done.......Marino didn't. Marino can have all the stats in the world but he lacks the 1 thing that legitimizes him......a ring, without that he's the same as Bubby Brister lol.

Elway won TWO Super Bowls his last two years. So what are you saying? Elway was better than Montana?

You lost all credibilty when you just flat out stated that Marino is not a great QB and Montana is the best ever. I stated that Marino is ARGUABLY the best. I know they is always going to be a debate on this subject. As does every other person who knows anything about football.

You contridict yourself here, yet again, You said great QB's find a way to win in an earlier post....Marino won more games than Brett, yet you say Brett is the better QB? You have no idea what you are talking about.

grunt
03-31-2007, 01:46 PM
Yep. Stats or no stats it gives them a leg up on Danny Boy.

If Marino was so influential aqnd so damn good how come he never pressured the Dolphins into getting him these things you say he needed in order to win the S.B.? Was it because the Dolphins knew if they did they still didn't have a QB who could win the big one so why waste the time and money ?

This futher proves my point. You know nothing about football. Marino took LESS money and or restructured his contract MANY times in order to try and get some more talent in there. The Dolphins always picked wrong.

"they still didn't have a QB who could win the big one so why waste the time and money "

LMFAO!! Is that what you believe? HAHAHAHAH!

grunt
03-31-2007, 01:53 PM
NFL records set by Dan Marino
(Note: This list documents records set by Dan Marino. Some of the records have since been broken.)

Most Attempts, Career: 8,358[8]
Most Completions, Career: 4,967[9] (since broken by Brett Favre in 2006)
Most Yards Passing, Career: 61,361[10]
Most Touchdown Passes, Career: 420[11]
Most Passing Yards, Season: 5,084 in 1984[10]
Most Touchdown Passes, Season: 48[11] (since broken by Peyton Manning 49)
Most Games, 400 or more Yards Passing, Season: 4 in 1984
Most Games, 300 or more Yards Passing, Career: 60
Most Seasons, 3,000 or more Yards Passing: 13 (1984-92, 1994-95, 1997-98) (since broken by Brett Favre 15)
Most Consecutive Seasons, 3,000 or more Yards Passing: 9 (1984-92) (injury stopped streak continued for three seasons after injury, since broken by Brett Favre 15)
Most Games, Four or more Touchdown Passes, Career: 21
Most Games, Four or more Touchdown Passes, Season: 6 in 1984
Lowest Percentage, Passes Intercepted, Rookie Season: 2.03 in 1983 (296-6)
Most Seasons Leading League, Attempts: 5 (1984, 1986, 1988, 1992, 1997)[8]
Most Seasons Leading League, Completions: 6 (1984-86, 1988, 1992, 1997)[9]
Most Seasons, 40 or more Touchdown Passes: 2 (1984, 1986)[11]
100 TD Passes in Fewest Amount of Games to Start Career: 44 (9/7/86 at San Diego)
200 TD passes in Fewest Amount of Games to Start Career: 89 (9/17/89 at New England)
300 TD passes in Fewest Amount of Games to Start Career: 157 (9/4/94 vs. New England)
Highest TD-INT differential: +168

NFL records tied
Most Seasons Leading League, Yards Gained: 5 (1984-86, 1988, 1992) with Sonny Jurgensen (Philadelphia, 1961-62; Washington, 1966-67, 1969)
Most Consecutive Seasons Leading League, Completions: 3 (1984-86) with George Blanda (Houston, 1963-65)
Most Consecutive Games, 400 or more Yards Passing: 2 (1984) with Dan Fouts (San Diego, 1982) and Phil Simms (N.Y. Giants, 1985)
Most Wins against one team: 22 against the Indianapolis Colts ( Brett Favre vs. the Chicago Bears)

Additional statistics

Named NFL Most Valuable Player (1984)[12]
Played 242 games, starting 240 of them
Career completion percentage of 59.4%[3]
Career passing efficiency rating is 86.4
Threw 252 interceptions in his career[3]
First QB in NFL history to have six 4,000-yard seasons (1984-86, 1988, 1992, 1994)
Only QB in NFL history to pass for 5,000 or more yards in a single season (5,084 in 1984)[10]
Led 37 fourth-quarter comeback victories, second only to John Elway.
Holds Dolphins team record for most seasons played, 17.
Had 116 wins under Don Shula – the most by a head coach - quarterback combination in NFL history.
Won the AFC Offensive Player of the Week honor 18 times in the regular season (and 20 times overall, including playoffs).
Started 240 Regular Season Games and Held a 147-93 record as a starter (second to John Elway's NFL-best 148-82-1 regular season record)
One of only six quarterbacks in NFL history to achieve two consecutive (back-to-back) 30-touchdown passing seasons (the others are Steve Bartkowski,[13] Brett Favre,[14] Dan Fouts,[15] Jeff Garcia,[16] Y.A. Tittle.[17]).
For perspective, his 61,361 career passing yards is the equivalent of having passed his way across the state of Rhode Island

grunt
03-31-2007, 03:00 PM
Not to beat a dead horse...but

Jim Brown
Barry Sanders
Thurman Thomas
Jim Kelly

John Stockton
karl Malone
Charles Barkley

All of the above professional sports stars...are OK..not great, they never won a championship.

Also....

Michael Jordan
Steve Kerr
They are both equal in their basketball skills. I mean, yes Jordan won I believe 6 titles and Kerr "ONLY" 5..but hey, they're at least equal. Right?

Roger Craig
Jamal Lewis
Timmy Allen

All the above NFL RB are better than Jim Brown, because they won a Super Bowl.

Not only that, Montana is no better than Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams, Kurt Warner or Mark Rypien because all of these guys have won Super Bowls.

lol....please.... :fu:

OCA
03-31-2007, 03:05 PM
Elway won TWO Super Bowls his last two years. So what are you saying? Elway was better than Montana?

You lost all credibilty when you just flat out stated that Marino is not a great QB and Montana is the best ever. I stated that Marino is ARGUABLY the best. I know they is always going to be a debate on this subject. As does every other person who knows anything about football.

You contridict yourself here, yet again, You said great QB's find a way to win in an earlier post....Marino won more games than Brett, yet you say Brett is the better QB? You have no idea what you are talking about.

Super Bowls......again Super Bowls. Any joe can win alot of regular season games if he plays long enough, need the Super Bowl win to be considered great.

Elway got his late, Montana got his early and middle of his career, what do you want me to tell you? Fact is they won S.B's, Marino didn't.....no heart.

OCA
03-31-2007, 03:08 PM
This futher proves my point. You know nothing about football. Marino took LESS money and or restructured his contract MANY times in order to try and get some more talent in there. The Dolphins always picked wrong.

"they still didn't have a QB who could win the big one so why waste the time and money "

LMFAO!! Is that what you believe? HAHAHAHAH!

Nah, they knew Marino didn't have the heart. Restructured? I believe its possible but any links to these way back when events?

I am Mr. NFL.

grunt
03-31-2007, 03:13 PM
Super Bowls......again Super Bowls. Any joe can win alot of regular season games if he plays long enough, need the Super Bowl win to be considered great.

Elway got his late, Montana got his early and middle of his career, what do you want me to tell you? Fact is they won S.B's, Marino didn't.....no heart.

Neither did Jim Brown or Barry Sanders.
Neither did Karl Malone or John Stockton
Neither did Bruce Smith or Deacon Jones

I dare you to tell any one of these players that they had no heart. :fu:

grunt
03-31-2007, 03:15 PM
Nah, they knew Marino didn't have the heart. Restructured? I believe its possible but any links to these way back when events?

I am Mr. NFL.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! You're "Mr NFL"????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHHAHAAHHAHAHA!!! Holy Shit! I just broke a blood vessel in my eye from laughing so hard!! You know nothing about the NFL!!! And your posts on this thread prove it! I have proven you wrong on every single stat you have produced thus far!! HAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!

I was living in Miami when Dan was there. It was in all the papers. Look it up for yourself..."Mr. NFL"!!! HAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAH!!!!

*DEEP BREATH*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!!

OCA
03-31-2007, 03:58 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! You're "Mr NFL"????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHHAHAAHHAHAHA!!! Holy Shit! I just broke a blood vessel in my eye from laughing so hard!! You know nothing about the NFL!!! And your posts on this thread prove it! I have proven you wrong on every single stat you have produced thus far!! HAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!

I was living in Miami when Dan was there. It was in all the papers. Look it up for yourself..."Mr. NFL"!!! HAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAH!!!!

*DEEP BREATH*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!!

Never brought any stats, just recollections of what I thought was correct, no stat junkie here.

Even if Danny Boy restructured and took less it still didn't produce a S.B victory, they probably got the players only their QB had zero heart.

Regards,
Mr. NFL

jimnyc
03-31-2007, 03:59 PM

Why you filthy, gyro sucking pissbag! Ahhh, who cares, call 'em what you want now, he's plays for the fish! :laugh2:

jimnyc
03-31-2007, 04:02 PM
My ratings of QB's

Best pure passer - Dan Marino
Best all around QB (team leader) - Montana
Best SB QB - Bradshaw
Toughest QB - Favre
Strongest arm - Marino
Most accurate - Aikman

Of course, just my opinion! :)

OCA
03-31-2007, 04:04 PM
Why you filthy, gyro sucking pissbag! Ahhh, who cares, call 'em what you want now, he's plays for the fish! :laugh2:

Lol, the hit on Todd Heapa couple years back when Heap was hurt on the play before, bad knee, they lined up to spike the ball to stop the clock, Boller takes the snap, spikes it and Joey Porter cans heap when the guy has something obviously torn in his knee......he's a dirty fuck.

jimnyc
03-31-2007, 04:06 PM
Lol, the hit on Todd Heapa couple years back when Heap was hurt on the play before, bad knee, they lined up to spike the ball to stop the clock, Boller takes the snap, spikes it and Joey Porter cans heap when the guy has something obviously torn in his knee......he's a dirty fuck.

Heap's a damn good player, gotta take advantage of those situations to get the good players off the field! :poke:

grunt
03-31-2007, 04:28 PM
My ratings of QB's

Best pure passer - Dan Marino
Best all around QB (team leader) - Montana
Best SB QB - Bradshaw
Toughest QB - Favre
Strongest arm - Marino
Most accurate - Aikman

Of course, just my opinion! :)

Now this is something I could definitely agree with. Not sure about Aikman being most accurate though or Bradshaw being best SB QB.

I'd go with Montana as best SB QB as for the most accurate....ummm...I'd have to think on that one.

grunt
03-31-2007, 04:29 PM
Never brought any stats, just recollections of what I thought was correct, no stat junkie here.

Even if Danny Boy restructured and took less it still didn't produce a S.B victory, they probably got the players only their QB had zero heart.

Regards,
Mr. NFL

lol...nice try at trying to get under my skin. I know you're just fucking with me know. No true NFL fan could think this way about one of the best players to ever paly the sport. Regardless of team or player loyalties.

jackass
03-31-2007, 04:46 PM
Also, Phil Simms???

Whoa Whoa Whoa!!
Phils Simms was the BEST quarterback to ever play in a Super Bowl!

grunt
03-31-2007, 04:49 PM
Whoa Whoa Whoa!!
Phils Simms was the BEST quarterback to ever play in a Super Bowl!

lol....That's what I said! hahahah!

:clap: :finger3: :lol:

jackass
03-31-2007, 04:52 PM
You can look it up yourself! :)

Most accurate = best yes???

grunt
03-31-2007, 04:54 PM
You can look it up yourself! :)

Most accurate = best yes???

That's one of the stats I would look at. There are a lot of other things to consider.

jackass
03-31-2007, 04:56 PM
That's one of the stats I would look at. There are a lot of other things to consider.

Not as far as Im conserned!! Hahaha. Phil Simms was the BEST!!

http://image.debatepolicy.com/is.php?i=389&img=sbxxi.jpg

grunt
03-31-2007, 04:59 PM
Not as far as Im conserned!! Hahaha. Phil Simms was the BEST!!

http://image.debatepolicy.com/is.php?i=389&img=sbxxi.jpg

as far as I'm concerned you can claim anybody you want as the best...it's all subjective. Except for OCA..... :laugh2:

jackass
03-31-2007, 05:08 PM
:lol: