PDA

View Full Version : Uh-oh -- Russia threatening "military response"

mundame
07-08-2008, 03:05 PM
This popped up on the Fox headline this afternoon:

Russia Warns of Military Response If U.S.-Czech Missile Defense Agreement Approved

Tuesday, July 08, 2008
http://www.foxnews.com/images/service_ap_36.gif<SCRIPT language=javascript _extended="true">function farkItButton(h, u, s) { if (!IsDef(h)) { if (IsDef(window.fark_headline)) { h = window.fark_headline; } else { h = ''; } } u = unescape(location.href); var img = 'FarkItButton2_16x16.gif'; imgw = 16; imgh = 16; document.write('http://img.fark.net/pub/' + img + ' (http://cgi.fark.com/cgi/fark/farkit.pl?h=' + h + '&u=' + u + ')');}function IsDef(variable) { return (!(!( variable||false )))}function GetThis(T, C, U, L){ var targetUrl = 'http://www.myspace.com/Modules/PostTo/Pages/?' + 't=' + encodeURIComponent(T) + '&c=' + encodeURIComponent(C) + '&u=' + encodeURIComponent(U) + '&l=' + L; window.open(targetUrl);} </SCRIPT>
MOSCOW — Russia will be forced to make a military response if the U.S.-Czech missile defense agreement is ratified, the Foreign Ministry said Tuesday.

The statement came hours after U.S. and Czech officials reached an initial agreement on deploying elements of a missile defense system in the Eastern European country.

Russia says the system would severely undermine European security balances by weakening Russia's missile capacity.

If the agreement is ratified, "we will be forced to react not with diplomatic, but with military-technical methods," the Foreign Ministry statement said. It did not give specifics of what the response would entail.

We say these missiles are aimed at Iran, but it's a patent falsehood --- they are of course for containing Russia, same as they always are, especially now that Russia is getting stronger and stronger as it takes all the world's money for fuel, at least all that the Arabs don't take.

"Forced to make a military response"?????? I don't much like the sound of that!!

Looks like the meeting between Medvedev and Bush at the G8 didn't really go too well.........

Is anyone else alarmed by this? I begin to wonder just how much or how many wars we are getting into.

Gaffer
07-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Sounds like the russians are being belligerent again. Nothing new where they are concerned. I doubt seriously they would actually attack. They would be taking on NATO in it's entirety and they stand to lose everything. Just like the cold war they won't chance losing it all. The Czech's are part of NATO and if the russians build up for an invasion there will be a massive force confronting them. They no longer have the Warsaw pact. All those former pact members are on our side now.

midcan5
07-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Interesting how fast the world has gone backward. The illegal invasion of Iraq forever killed the honor America had established of not invading a nation that did not attack it first. We lost the world in that blunder and now the world is a less safe place. One wonders what the world would be like if the true winner in 2000 had been president. Amazing what one stupid man can do to civilization and to peace because of fear.

Gaffer
07-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Interesting how fast the world has gone backward. The illegal invasion of Iraq forever killed the honor America had established of not invading a nation that did not attack it first. We lost the world in that blunder and now the world is a less safe place. One wonders what the world would be like if the true winner in 2000 had been president. Amazing what one stupid man can do to civilization and to peace because of fear.

Your illegal posting has ruined your credibility. Your posts are illegal and should be banned from this board.

Sound silly? That's exactly how your illegal war posts sound. Your elitist, Bush hating is getting old.

mundame
07-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Interesting how fast the world has gone backward.

I may have been alarmed unnecessarily; the Russkies DID say that, but Fox did not report that the Czechs have to vote on this, next year, and they are polling 68% against installing these missile defense items.

And Poland won't do it either.

Apparently they are all worried about being invaded by Russia again, like in 1968.

emmett
07-08-2008, 10:04 PM

One man! Sir, the entire political process voted to go to Iran. This includes some of your heros. I could name them all or post a link but that would be lame....would it not? It was not one man!

diuretic
07-08-2008, 10:11 PM
I may have been alarmed unnecessarily; the Russkies DID say that, but Fox did not report that the Czechs have to vote on this, next year, and they are polling 68% against installing these missile defense items.

Apparently they are all worried about being invaded by Russia again, like in 1968.

The new Polish government will probably not give permission. And if the Czechs have to vote on it then Russia has signalled how they're to vote so it's likely that they won't be put on Czech soil.

Perhaps the whole idea should be revised.

mundame
07-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Perhaps the whole idea should be revised.

Looks like it may HAVE to be.

Russia just cuts off heating oil every time someone crosses them, and Europe and especially Eastern Europe is very dependent on that Russian heating oil.

They've done that twice now; cut it off to the Ukraine and to all of Europe, IIRC. They only leave it off a few days, but wow, in winter it definitely makes their point.

diuretic
07-09-2008, 12:59 AM
But, strangely enough, it's sort of comforting. Here's us in the West being berated by Russia again. It's just like the old days :laugh2:

bullypulpit
07-09-2008, 06:12 AM

Of course FOX Noise wouldn't report on a little, but crucial, detail like that...It would undermine their efforts at fear-mongering on behalf of the Bush administration and the neo-cons.

bullypulpit
07-09-2008, 06:16 AM
One man! Sir, the entire political process voted to go to Iran. This includes some of your heros. I could name them all or post a link but that would be lame....would it not? It was not one man!

They did so because they were and, from what I can see still are, a pack of cravens unwilling to question the cooked, fabricated, questionable and spun intel the Bush administration presented as fact to justify an illegal war of aggression against THE WRONG ENEMY.

LiberalNation
07-09-2008, 06:48 AM
Wonder how we would react if Russia wanted to install a similar system in Venezuela or Cuba……..

Their position is understandable if not in line with US interests. Why are we provoking russia at a time when we are pretty weakened.

07-09-2008, 07:14 AM
Wonder how we would react if Russia wanted to install a similar system in Venezuela or Cuba……..

Their position is understandable if not in line with US interests. Why are we provoking russia at a time when we are pretty weakened.

We've told them we are more than willing to share the technology with them. It's defensive.

So my guess is it wouldnt matter at all.

07-09-2008, 07:18 AM

Interesting that this is America's fault to you. At no point do you suggest that the world is less safe because the Russians are overreacting and threatening military action if the Czech Republic has the audacity to install a purely defensive system.

The Russians are angry that they wont be able to lob missles into their neighbors and its our fault.

And you guys wonder when we question your patriotism.

diuretic
07-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Where did the Russians say they wanted to be able to lob missiles?

midcan5
07-09-2008, 07:49 AM
Your illegal posting has ruined your credibility. Your posts are illegal and should be banned from this board.

Sound silly? That's exactly how your illegal war posts sound. Your elitist, Bush hating is getting old.

Are you imitating a fascist or are you one?

midcan5
07-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Interesting that this is America's fault to you. At no point do you suggest that the world is less safe because the Russians are overreacting and threatening military action if the Czech Republic has the audacity to install a purely defensive system.

I find it simply incredible that you can write that line considering our illegal invasion of Iraq!

paradigm immoral

http://powerofnarrative.blogspot.com/2006/07/trapped-in-wrong-paradigm-three-handy.html

mundame
07-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Of course FOX Noise wouldn't report on a little, but crucial, detail like that...It would undermine their efforts at fear-mongering on behalf of the Bush administration and the neo-cons.

Yes, well, that did occur to me. It seemed a significant omission, really.

mundame
07-09-2008, 08:53 AM

Yes, they're up, we're down.

Much of that fact is because all our money goes into the pockets of our enemies. More important than the high price at the pumps is the fact that the riches of America are now POURING out to enrich our worst enemies: Arabs, Russia, and Venezuela.

This is not working out well for us.

mundame
07-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Where did the Russians say they wanted to be able to lob missiles?

Well..............it DOES follow, you know. That, at least. I mean, if they didn't want to be able to lob missiles, they wouldn't object to a missile defense system, would they?

Also, they want to be able to march through the plains of Eastern Europe and occupy these states whenever they deem it necessary............and possible.

I know you know this. There is RATHER a lot of history that follows this pattern; none of it is new.

namvet
07-09-2008, 09:03 AM
just more saber rattling.

mundame
07-09-2008, 09:19 AM
just more saber rattling.

So you are unimpressed that it means anything, namvet?

namvet
07-09-2008, 09:25 AM
So you are unimpressed that it means anything, namvet?

your scaring the women and children. maybe time for you to build that bomb shelter????

mundame
07-09-2008, 09:52 AM
your scaring the women and children. maybe time for you to build that bomb shelter????

I'll take that as a no.

namvet
07-09-2008, 09:53 AM
I'll take that as a no.

sorry luv. I just don't scare that easy.

Gaffer
07-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Are you imitating a fascist or are you one?

According to your thinking I are one.

Gaffer
07-09-2008, 11:09 AM
I find it simply incredible that you can write that line considering our illegal invasion of Iraq!

paradigm immoral

http://powerofnarrative.blogspot.com/2006/07/trapped-in-wrong-paradigm-three-handy.html

This is an illegal post, you need to withdraw it immediately.

Gaffer
07-09-2008, 11:25 AM
russia is a phony democracy run by left over communists and thugs. They want to keep the status quo in the region so they can eventually retake eastern eurupe. Oil is their only weapon at this time, and they use it frequently. They will push as far as they think they can get away with.

russia is a corrupt version of capitalism. They will not endanger themselves and their riches with a war. A threat of war is as far as they will go.

The real danger is islam. Headed by iran. Unlike the russians they don't care how much they lose.

midcan5
07-09-2008, 11:32 AM
According to your thinking I are one.

You are unable to think on your own?

"The condition of alienation, of being asleep, of being unconscious, of being out of one's mind, is the condition of the normal man. Society highly values its normal man. It educates children to lose themselves and to become absurd, and thus to be normal. Normal men have killed perhaps 100,000,000 of their fellow normal men in the last fifty years." R. D. Laing

namvet
07-09-2008, 11:35 AM
russia is a phony democracy run by left over communists and thugs. They want to keep the status quo in the region so they can eventually retake eastern eurupe. Oil is their only weapon at this time, and they use it frequently. They will push as far as they think they can get away with.

russia is a corrupt version of capitalism. They will not endanger themselves and their riches with a war. A threat of war is as far as they will go.

The real danger is islam. Headed by iran. Unlike the russians they don't care how much they lose.

if we pay Putin enough $$$$ he'll take out Iran for us...............:laugh2: