PDA

View Full Version : Obama Embarrassed Americans Cannot Speak French

Pages : 1 [2]

Dilloduck
07-14-2008, 09:51 PM
why do you avoid my question? a lack of cojones, perhaps?

I got plenty of balls mi amigo.

retiredman
07-14-2008, 09:52 PM
I got plenty of balls mi amigo.

then quit tap dancing and answer a simple question, amigo

Dilloduck
07-14-2008, 09:57 PM
then quit tap dancing and answer a simple question, amigo

Right after you tell me if you think it's a good idea for a presidential nominee to tell Americans that he is embarrassed because they don't speak French when they go overseas. Do you think shaming people is a good motivator? Will it make us all good enough so he doesnt' have to be embarrassed of us anymore ??

retiredman
07-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Right after you tell me if you think it's a good idea for a presidential nominee to tell Americans that he is embarrassed because they don't speak French when they go overseas. Do you think shaming people is a good motivator? Will it make us all good enough so he doesnt' have to be embarrassed of us anymore ??

I don't think he said it as a motivator, but as a simple observation. The vast majority of the rest of the industrialized world is multilingual. The fact that we simply presume that everyone will speak our language IS a bit embarrassing to him and to me.

Now. I answered your question. crawl out behind yo momma's skirts and answer mine.

Dilloduck
07-14-2008, 10:04 PM
I don't think he said it as a motivator, but as a simple observation. The vast majority of the rest of the industrialized world is multilingual. The fact that we simply presume that everyone will speak our language IS a bit embarrassing to him and to me.

Now. I answered your question. crawl out behind yo momma's skirts and answer mine.

Well I got news for ya ----we DON"T all presume everyone will speak English when we travel so being ashamed is a bit presumptuous on YOUR part don't you think ?? You and your elititest buddy are have no clue what I think when I go overseas.

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 10:05 PM
:)

the question really is, why is english, and chiniese the important global languages. Because those the languages that can make you money.

I dont think one has to know another language to be smart, nor do i think anyone should expect others to speak their language, when visiting or living their country.

I think obama was pandering and being elitiest, now is the stoog-acrat mcamnesty doing the samething yes. Am i republican spokesman or a republican no?, is bullshit bullshit? what obama does isnt excused by what mccain does AND VICE VERSA

retiredman
07-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Well I got news for ya ----we DON"T all presume everyone will speak English when we travel so being ashamed is a bit presumptuous on YOUR part don't you think ?? You and your elititest buddy are have no clue what I think when I go overseas.

you still have tap danced away from my question.

Here.... let me restate it again...maybe your mom's skirts obscured your reading it the first time:

and do you encourage that sort of linguistic tunnel vision for american children?

Dilloduck
07-14-2008, 10:08 PM
:)

WRONG---The question is "Why is Obama embarrassed by Americans who only speak english ?"

Dilloduck
07-14-2008, 10:13 PM
you still have tap danced away from my question.

Here.... let me restate it again...maybe your mom's skirts obscured your reading it the first time:

and do you encourage that sort of linguistic tunnel vision for american children?

I would encourage American kids to learn to communicate in whatever language they see neccesary to achieve their goals in life and if they happened to only speak ONE language at the time I sure as shit wouldn't be ashamed of them. They live in HUGE english speaking country. People around the world have learned to speak it. Must be something special about it huh ?

retiredman
07-14-2008, 10:16 PM
I would encourage American kids to learn to communicate in whatever language they see neccesary to achieve their goals in life and if they happened to only speak ONE language at the time I sure as shit wouldn't be ashamed of them. They live in HUGE english speaking country. People around the world have learned to speak it. Must be something special about it huh ?

well, isn't that special?

good for you.

Dilloduck
07-14-2008, 10:23 PM
well, isn't that special?

good for you.

Now back to this snob who is embarrassed by people who only speak English. He wants MY vote ??? :laugh2::laugh2:

retiredman
07-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Now back to this snob who is embarrassed by people who only speak English. He wants MY vote ??? :laugh2::laugh2:

he wants it.... perhaps, but my guess is that he isn't going to go out of his way to get it....he can get his hands on a shitload of other votes by not pandering to guys like you.
:laugh2:

Dilloduck
07-14-2008, 10:34 PM
he wants it.... perhaps, but my guess is that he isn't going to go out of his way to get it....he can get his hands on a shitload of other votes by not pandering to guys like you.

Wrong again, mi amigo. This snob would say anything to get my vote too but that's what all politicians do. I'm just a bit shocked that one would actually announce that he is embarassed by Americans who don't speak French when they go to France. .
Now there's a problem that has been first and foremost on my mind. If everyone was made to learn the language of the country that they are planning to travel to, I would be a much prouder American and that would make the whole world a better place.
Experience would tell him that it is stupid to tell people they are stupid if you want their vote. He doesn't have enough

retiredman
07-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Wrong again, mi amigo. This snob would say anything to get my vote too but that's what all politicians do. I'm just a bit shocked that one would actually announce that he is embarassed by Americans who don't speak French when they go to France. .
Now there's a problem that has been first and foremost on my mind. If everyone was made to learn the language of the country that they are planning to travel to I would be a much prouder American and that would make the whole world a better place.
Experience would tell him that it is stupid to tell people they are stupid if you want their vote. He doesn't have enough

he has enough to win, however. IMHO...even without your vote

Dilloduck
07-14-2008, 10:47 PM
he has enough to win, however. IMHO...even without your vote

A rock has enough to win.

retiredman
07-14-2008, 10:57 PM
A rock has enough to win.

so sit back and enjoy it.

Dilloduck
07-14-2008, 11:06 PM
so sit back and enjoy it.

Oh I plan too. When the rest of the media starts piling on like The New Yorker did it's gonna be fun.

retiredman
07-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Oh I plan too. When the rest of the media starts piling on like The New Yorker did it's gonna be fun.

good for you. I am glad you take an interest.

Dilloduck
07-14-2008, 11:16 PM
good for you. I am glad you take an interest.

damn--now that makes my day !!!! I've brought a little sunshine into your otherwise warped sense of reality. :laugh2:

Dilloduck
07-14-2008, 11:47 PM
BTW--do you think Obama is embarrassed by all the foreigners speaking English in the UAE ? Has he told them how stupid they all look speaking english in an ARAB country ??? :laugh2:

Yurt
07-14-2008, 11:53 PM
maybe it was the first time in his adult life he was embarrassed

manu1959
07-14-2008, 11:58 PM
maybe it was the first time in his adult life he was embarrassed

doubtful....he is half white and i am sure he is not michelle's first "black" man......

Yurt
07-15-2008, 12:02 AM
doubtful....he is half white and i am sure he is not michelle's first "black" man......

red states rule
07-15-2008, 06:43 AM
so we should just sit back and expect the rest of the world to learn our languages and not think we ought to be expected to learn theirs?

The northeastern gas and electric utility company I just retired from was just bought by a spanish multinational utility. At my urging, all the upper level management of the American company is learning spanish. wise move.

Given how your messiah is for open borders, and wants the US taxpayer to pay for illegals healthcare - seems you were laying the ground work for the future

retiredman
07-15-2008, 06:47 AM
Given how your messiah is for open borders, and wants the US taxpayer to pay for illegals healthcare - seems you were laying the ground work for the future

what does american businessmen learning the language of their new owner have to do with illegals healthcare?

red states rule
07-15-2008, 06:49 AM
what does american businessmen learning the language of their new owner have to do with illegals healthcare?

Your messiah is planning on opening the flood gates and let the illeagls pour over the border

He is for drivers licenses, in state tuition, welfare benefits, sanctuary cities, and taxpayer paid healthcare for Pedro and family

retiredman
07-15-2008, 06:52 AM
Your messiah is planning on opening the flood gates and let the illeagls pour over the border

He is for drivers licenses, in state tuition, welfare benefits, sanctuary cities, and taxpayer paid healthcare for Pedro and family

you didn't answer my question. try again:

red states rule
07-15-2008, 06:55 AM
you didn't answer my question. try again:

I did. It shows the messiah arrogance, and desire to change America into his view.

English is spoken in America, illegals and legal immigrants need to speak our language

Not the other way around

retiredman
07-15-2008, 06:57 AM
I did. It shows the messiah arrogance, and desire to change America into his view.

English is spoken in America, illegals and legal immigrants need to speak our language

Not the other way around

the actions of utility executives whose company was bought by a spanish multinational firm have nothing to do with illegal immigration.

try again.

red states rule
07-15-2008, 07:00 AM
the actions of utility executives whose company was bought by a spanish multinational firm have nothing to do with illegal immigration.

try again.

Like with Muslims, libs say Amercia needs to change for immigrants. WHY?

If you want to come to America, learn to speak our language our you are certain to fail

Of course there will always be libs who need their grass cut - so they will be able to find some work. They they can lie to the immigrant and blame Republicans for their low paying job

retiredman
07-15-2008, 07:01 AM
Like with Muslims, libs say Amercia needs to change for immigrants. WHY?

If you want to come to America, learn to speak our language our you are certain to fail

Of course there will always be libs who need their grass cut - so they will be able to find some work. They they can lie to the immigrant and blame Republicans for their low paying job

you again avoid my question.

red states rule
07-15-2008, 07:04 AM
you again avoid my question.

You don't like the answers since they are based on facts

Nothign new for you

retiredman
07-15-2008, 07:07 AM
You don't like the answers since they are based on facts

Nothign new for you

this is a fact:

red states rule
07-15-2008, 07:30 AM
this is a fact:

Like most libs, the messiah wants Amercia to change for the immigrants - not the immigrants changing to fit into America

red states rule
07-15-2008, 07:32 AM
Over at DNCTV, Chirs Matthews was not upset over the racist cover the New Yorker ran.

No, he was worried the "right" will tunr it into a T shirt

How typical of the moonbat left

Matthews Worries 'Right' Will Turn New Yorker Cover into T-Shirt
By Geoffrey Dickens (Bio | Archive)
July 14, 2008 - 18:39 ET

On Monday's "Hardball" Chris Matthews was so upset about the New Yorker's cover, depicting Barack Obama in a turban and Michelle Obama toting an AK-47, because he feared "the right will be using that as t-shirt material within the next couple of weeks."

Matthews, along with The New Yorker's Ryan Lizza and the Atlantic Media's Ronald Brownstein also insulted all the non-New Yorker subscribers who didn't get the joke as unsophisticated, or as Lizza put it, "a little slow."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/geoffrey-dickens/2008/07/14/matthews-worries-right-will-turn-new-yorker-cover-t-shirt

Dilloduck
07-15-2008, 07:32 AM

Not a damn thing---what does American businessmen learning the language of their new owners have to do with Obama being embarrassed by Americans who speak only English ? Not a damn thing. You're just trying to protect your boy by changing the topic.

red states rule
07-15-2008, 07:35 AM
Not a damn thing---what does American businessmen learning the language of their new owners have to do with Obama being embarrassed by Americans who speak only English ? Not a damn thing. You're just trying to protect your boy by changing the topic.

Get used to it. If Obama wins we are in for 4 years of the messiah's followers ducking, dodging, lying, spinning, and attacking those who challenge him

Like his bitter comment, Obama has a very low opinion of the country he wants to President of

Dilloduck
07-15-2008, 07:42 AM
Get used to it. If Obama wins we are in for 4 years of the messiah's followers ducking, dodging, lying, spinning, and attacking those who challenge him

Like his bitter comment, Obama has a very low opinion of the country he wants to President of

MFM knows Obama fucked up. He's just trying to put lipstick on a pig.

red states rule
07-15-2008, 07:45 AM
MFM knows Obama fucked up. He's just trying to put lipstick on a pig.

MFM is the worst kindof hack. He is willing to sellout the troops, his country, national security, and the defense of the country all for more poltiical power for the Dems

No matter how many lies he tells, no matter how many flip flops he makes, no mater how many racist comments he utters, no matter how many racist and terrorist friends he has - his boy Obama can do no wrong

Yurt
07-15-2008, 08:44 AM

lets see, his wife is proud for the first time, obama is embarrassed by us and we are bitter and cling to our guns and religion

all hail obama

red states rule
07-15-2008, 08:49 AM
lets see, his wife is proud for the first time, obama is embarrassed by us and we are bitter and cling to our guns and religion

all hail obama

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/political-pictures-barack-obama-gun-bible-hicks.jpg

retiredman
07-15-2008, 11:55 AM
RSR:

Your font of wisdom, Rush Limbaugh, has a completely different take on the New Yorker cover. Rush claims that it really is making fun of the racist and sexist republicans. When will you change YOUR opinion of it?

red states rule
07-15-2008, 12:04 PM
RSR:

Your font of wisdom, Rush Limbaugh, has a completely different take on the New Yorker cover. Rush claims that it really is making fun of the racist and sexist republicans. When will you change YOUR opinion of it?

I still say the cover was racist, and so does your messiah

Are you saying your boy has nothing to be upset over??????

retiredman
07-15-2008, 12:15 PM
I still say the cover was racist, and so does your messiah

Are you saying your boy has nothing to be upset over??????

I asked you whether you agreed with Rush...or maybe you haven't heard his broadcast today

red states rule
07-15-2008, 12:22 PM
I asked you whether you agreed with Rush...or maybe you haven't heard his broadcast today

I ansered it numbnuts; and your messiah agrees with me :laugh2:

bullypulpit
07-16-2008, 06:15 AM
The messiah is once again showing his liberal arrogrance. With about 118 days to go until the election, Obama keeps showing his true side

L'Horreur!... Sn-Obama Embarrassed Americans Cannot Speak French On Our Vacations to Europe (Video)

C'est terrible!... Sn-Obama is quite embarrassed that Americans are so boorish and refuse to speak French while traveling abroad.

It's so uncouth.

If only we would start clinging to our French lessons as much as we cling to our guns and religion we would be a much more refined nation.
Pass the arugula, please.
Tom Maguire posted the whole exchange from Salon.
Here's a piece of it:

You know, I don't understand when people are going around worrying about, "We need to have English- only." They want to pass a law, "We want English-only."

Now, I agree that immigrants should learn English. I agree with that. But understand this. Instead of worrying about whether immigrants can learn English -- they'll learn English -- you need to make sure your child can speak Spanish. You should be thinking about, how can your child become bilingual? We should have every child speaking more than one language.

You know, it's embarrassing when Europeans come over here, they all speak English, they speak French, they speak German. And then we go over to Europe, and all we can say [is], "Merci beaucoup." Right?

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/07/lhorreur-sn-obama-embarrassed-americans.html

SO what's yer point...? Bush can't even speak English.

theHawk
07-16-2008, 07:57 AM

Alot of Americans can't even speak English, that is the point. We should be focusing on teaching them English, math and science.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 08:04 AM

The messiah is showing, like his wife, how he feels about his country

Seems to be a common trait with libs these days

Yurt
07-16-2008, 10:03 AM
I ansered it numbnuts; and your messiah agrees with me :laugh2:

oh my, i guess that destroys the rush talking points theory that mfm spews all the time :coffee:

retiredman
07-16-2008, 10:16 AM
oh my, i guess that destroys the rush talking points theory that mfm spews all the time :coffee:

it is the exception that validates the rule

red states rule
07-16-2008, 10:17 AM

MFM is in desperation mode right now. His messiah is showing what a liar he is. No wonder MFM worships the ground and water he walks on :laugh2:

Yurt
07-16-2008, 10:22 AM

you're a strange cookie

red states rule
07-16-2008, 10:24 AM
you're a strange cookie

more like a fruitcake

Yurt
07-16-2008, 10:36 AM
more like a fruitcake

as if the exception, that you don't follow all rush's talking points, means that you do follow all rush's talking points

he is an intellectual weakling

CockySOB
07-16-2008, 10:42 AM

Right. Except an exception disproves the rule by invalidating the logic upon which the rule is based.

In short, the exception shows the fault in YOUR assertions about RSR always parroting Rush's talking points.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Right. Except an exception disproves the rule by invalidating the logic upon which the rule is based.

In short, the exception shows the fault in YOUR assertions about RSR always parroting Rush's talking points.

Or could it be MFM is the one parroting DNC approved talking points?

CockySOB
07-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Or could it be MFM is the one parroting DNC approved talking points?

Or at least the DailyKOS and DU talking points....

red states rule
07-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Or at least the DailyKOS and DU talking points....

and progessives online