PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Liberal Shiver

red states rule
07-09-2008, 11:59 PM
The heat is on the messiah. His base is seeing how he is turning his back on him, and the unfavorable press coverage may be starting

Obama's Liberal Shiver
By Froma Harrop

Watching liberals grope for first aid as Barack Obama does an about-face on their most cherished issues, one recalls a scene from the 1950 movie "All About Eve."

Theater critic Addison DeWitt takes great offense when a manipulative young actress tries to sneak her schemes past him. He snarls, "Is it possible, even conceivable, that you've confused me with that gang of backward children you play tricks on -- that you have the same contempt for me as you have for them?"

Obama has indeed shown contempt, or at least insensitivity, toward the thinking liberals who handed over their hearts based on his stances concerning -- among other things -- warrantless wiretapping, campaign finance reform and our continued presence in Iraq.

Everyone expects some alterations as the chosen candidate moves to the center for the general election. But Obama hasn't just shortened a sleeve here, taken in a waist there. He's come out with a whole new summer wardrobe of policy positions. Nor had he left a face-saving interval between one view and its opposite.

Obama seems to have lumped the wonks in with the bouncing kids for whom he need only be young and cool. He no doubt calculates that, happy or not, the left has nowhere else to go. But the speed with which he chucked his promises suggests that he also regarded the intellectuals as an easier sell than they thought themselves.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/07/obamas_liberal_shiver.html

Yurt
07-10-2008, 12:09 AM
i wonder if hillary is on the stealth war path, you know she is thinking it

red states rule
07-10-2008, 01:49 PM
i wonder if hillary is on the stealth war path, you know she is thinking it

Hillary is still asking herself how this idiot beat her