PDA

View Full Version : offensive KKK fliers not a crime

Yurt
07-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Fliers promoting a chapter of the Ku Klux Klan were distributed in two Mid-County neighborhoods this week, alarming some residents. However, sheriff's deputies said the two men seen passing out the literature were not arrested because they weren't breaking any laws.

"They weren't prowling, they weren't selling anything and they weren't vehicle tampering," Sgt. Fred Plageman said.

Plageman said the fliers, though offensive to many people, do not say anything illegal and do not constitute a hate crime.

"It appears they were circulating material that was more political in nature," Plageman said.

One flier focuses on illegal immigration. Another talks about securing "the existence of our white people and a future for white children" and a third attempts to explain why the group sometimes burns crosses.

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/localnews/ci_9836672

interesting, coming from this ultra liberal enclave

07-10-2008, 12:56 PM
it shouldnt be a crime. So good. They day its illegal to speak out or advertise meetings, no matter how stupid the reason, America no longer exists.

darin
07-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Absolutely. Some thoughtless people out there don't fear Thought-Police. They weigh the particular, arbitrary immediate emotions of select individuals heavier than Social Liberties. :)

5stringJeff
07-10-2008, 03:11 PM
I've got no love lost on the Klan, but the deputy is right: free speech isn't illegal. Not even in California! :)

mundame
07-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Another talks about securing "the existence of our white people and a future for white children"

Shooooooooooooooooooo............................. ........Wright's and Obama's church talks constantly, every Sunday about that, only they say black people and black children!!

And ....that's supposed to be okay?

darin
07-10-2008, 03:25 PM
...free speech isn't illegal. Not even in California! :)

Or...not YET in Calfornia? :)

But it is - sort of.

"hate speech". "Hate Crimes".

If I beat somebody and call them a Fucker it's battery. If I call them a Fucking (Insert negative slang for any minority)" it's prosecuted worse. :(

Gaffer
07-10-2008, 03:32 PM

But it is - sort of.

If I beat somebody and call them a Fucker it's battery. If I call them a Fucking (Insert negative slang for any minority)" it's prosecuted worse. :(

Unless your black.

5stringJeff
07-10-2008, 03:51 PM

But it is - sort of.

Yeah... forgot about that. But I bet that if a minority was beating me and called me "f**king Whitey," there would be no mention of hate crime.

Yurt
07-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Shooooooooooooooooooo............................. ........Wright's and Obama's church talks constantly, every Sunday about that, only they say black people and black children!!

And ....that's supposed to be okay?

thats right