PDA

View Full Version : Tim Crawley Totally Dominates In USCS Sprint Car

Psychoblues
07-11-2008, 04:05 AM
race at Riverside International Speedway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a highly unusual Thursday night race and with national champions competing and a record crowd witnessing Tim Crawley wins against all odds in one of the greatest races I have ever seen in my life and I have seen a bunch of great races.

Starting from an unfortunate 18th place in a field of 23 Tim chops them all down like a lumberjack takes down a forest. From lap 1 he swished and swashed his way from 18th to 2nd on lap 18 where a caution was thrown for a triple flip by #44 Ronny Howard in turn 1. Although #99 Ricky Stenhouse, Jr., current ARCA national points champion held solidly to the lead position, Tim would not rest. The $10,000 prize was gonna be his and he was hungry for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

On restart, Lil' Ricky swished and swashed some on his own but lapped traffic on lap 23 created problems for him and Tim as well. On lap 25 Lil' Ricky went low and Tim went hign through turns 1 and 2 and the deal was set at that point. Tim got the bite coming off turn 2 and passed Lil' Ricky with less than an inch to spare. I think I would have paid the price of admission just to watch that final 5 laps of this 30 lap race.

Tim admitted that he had little hope for winning the race considering his starting position but he said he felt at the start of the race, "To hell with it, I can come in first or last, whichever way I'm gonna drive the wheels off this car. As luck, no way, SKILL happens, Tim took the field and the big money.

I feel sorry for Lil' Ricky as I know the group, Roush-Fenway, that he drives for was watching and even they couldn't believe what was happening to their star upcoming driver ace.

Riverside International Speedway continues to be the best track I have ever attended and on any Saturday night, Thursday in this case, the very modest price of the ticket will buy you memories that you may NEVER forget!!!!!!!!!

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
07-15-2008, 12:43 AM
26 views and no responses? Surely some of you are interested in Sprint cars!!!!!!!!!!!!