PDA

View Full Version : look what your gas money buys

namvet
07-11-2008, 04:23 PM
a kings ransom

Emirates Palace

http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/photoessay_4502_images/0709081150_M_070908_uae.jpg

photos (photos)

story (story)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3132/2340210049_4bfbdab1d2.jpg

your elected officials no doubt have been wined and dined here. and lots of closed door meetings. don't take it to heart. its only YOUR money !!!!

http://i.pbase.com/o4/89/46389/1/65031401.02QqIcHQ.P1030181.jpg

Noir
07-11-2008, 08:57 PM
And whats wrong with this? they ahve oil...you want oil, you give them money, they give you oil, they use the money to build a palace, "you're money" didn't buy them a palace, it bought you oil, thier oil bought them the palace.

Nukeman
07-12-2008, 10:13 AM
a kings ransom

Emirates Palace

http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/photoessay_4502_images/0709081150_M_070908_uae.jpg

photos (photos)

story (story)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3132/2340210049_4bfbdab1d2.jpg

your elected officials no doubt have been wined and dined here. and lots of closed door meetings. don't take it to heart. its only YOUR money !!!!

http://i.pbase.com/o4/89/46389/1/65031401.02QqIcHQ.P1030181.jpg

You do realize that this is a HOTEL not a Palace for the emirates! So not only did they give us something our government refuses to dig for here but they invested in a "money making" venture with the money they made.

I for one do not fault any of the Arab countries for the money WE are willing to spend so we can have a comfortable life.

They have a commodity we use the commodity...

I am not saying your resentment is misplaced but that is what it truly is "resentment" and "jealousy".

namvet
07-12-2008, 10:16 AM
You do realize that this is a HOTEL not a Palace for the emirates! So not only did they give us something our government refuses to dig for here but they invested in a "money making" venture with the money they made.

I for one do not fault any of the Arab countries for the money WE are willing to spend so we can have a comfortable life.

They have a commodity we use the commodity...

I am not saying your resentment is misplaced but that is what it truly is "resentment" and "jealousy".

lets wait when you gas hits 10 bucks a gallon. then see what it buys muslims. 10 bucks. ok????

Nukeman
07-12-2008, 10:22 AM
lets wait when you gas hits 10 bucks a gallon. then see what it buys muslims. 10 bucks. ok????

I am not arguing with you on the cost! All I am saying is THEY sell US something we need. Plain and simple. If you really want to see gas prices go down have EVERYONE in the US start living the way of the Amish. OUR needs for fuel would drop by 90% and then see what happens.

As long as we continue to use the amount of gas we do than we can expect to pay high prices....

Do you really think they like the price being this high?

Necessity is the mother of invention, and as long as the prices stay high than we have people in our own country doing the research and finding new and alternative solutions that do not involve the Arab countries. So in the long run the high prices hurt them for the short term gain....

namvet
07-12-2008, 10:30 AM
I am not arguing with you on the cost! All I am saying is THEY sell US something we need. Plain and simple. If you really want to see gas prices go down have EVERYONE in the US start living the way of the Amish. OUR needs for fuel would drop by 90% and then see what happens.

As long as we continue to use the amount of gas we do than we can expect to pay high prices....

Necessity is the mother of invention, and as long as the prices stay high than we have people in our own country doing the research and finding new and alternative solutions that do not involve the Arab countries. So in the long run the high prices hurt them for the short term gain....

factor this in. the islamic terrorists are right now attemping to blow ALL those wells. they will succeed - recalculate

Nukeman
07-12-2008, 10:38 AM
factor this in. the islamic terrorists are right now attemping to blow ALL those wells. they will succeed - recalculate

Well if that happens than our problems will be solved wont they! We wont be paying ANYTHING for gas since there wont be any!

We can sit here and play the "what if" game all day long but that gets us no where.

Back to the hotel, at least they built something that will be there after their oil runs out. In fact the UAE are doing everything they can to set themselves up as an area of financial institutions and tourism for when they run out. They know they will run out and the gravy train will end.

You are just angry that we are now paying about what the average European has been paying for years.

namvet
07-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Saudi Arabia works to protect oil fields from terrorism

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia – This OPEC superpower – producer of more than 10 percent of the world's daily oil supply – is spending billions of dollars in manpower, technology and weapons to improve its oilfield defenses against terrorism.
With one eye on al-Qaeda and the other on Iran, the Saudis know they are a tempting target for any group bent on disrupting the world's oil supply and crippling the West. The country produces about 9 million barrels of the worldwide supply of 86 million barrels a day.

source (source)

NOW how much are you willing to pay?????

namvet
07-12-2008, 10:53 AM
Well if that happens than our problems will be solved wont they! We wont be paying ANYTHING for gas since there wont be any!

We can sit here and play the "what if" game all day long but that gets us no where.

Back to the hotel, at least they built something that will be there after their oil runs out. In fact the UAE are doing everything they can to set themselves up as an area of financial institutions and tourism for when they run out. They know they will run out and the gravy train will end.

You are just angry that we are now paying about what the average European has been paying for years.

:laugh2: what an anology.

Back to the hotel, at least they built something that will be there after their oil runs out.
hello???? when the terrorists over run Saudi Ariba what hotel????

Said1
07-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Is it possible that there were many other international investors - does the article mention who supplied the funds to build the hotel?

And Tony Blair.......tsk, tsk.:laugh2:

emmett
07-12-2008, 10:58 AM

I have to say that while I am an avid admirer of the Amish, I would say this to your statement........ah.......the chinese would buy it.

If we drilled for more of our own oil (then kept it here) that would help. We sell oil you know to countries overseas.

Another angle noone ever talks about. Instead of paying farmers NOT to plant, which we do, we could encourage more production. Trade the surplus for oil to Russia. They have lots of oil too and they ain't eating so good.

There are ways. We just don't concentrate on the right angles.

Nukeman
07-12-2008, 11:12 AM
:laugh2: what an anology.

hello???? when the terrorists over run Saudi Ariba what hotel????

You know, YOU presume to think that I am making excuses for the high cost of oil, I am not. I believe that it is too high, however; YOU blame the producers for the high prices when in actuality it is the CONSUMER that is raising the price.

Do you feel that capitalism is ONLY for Americans or should everyone in the world be able to benefit from a free economy?

YOU can not have it both ways either we have a free market or we don't, do you really want to go down that path so your gas prices stay a little lower?

namvet
07-12-2008, 11:43 AM
You know, YOU presume to think that I am making excuses for the high cost of oil, I am not. I believe that it is too high, however; YOU blame the producers for the high prices when in actuality it is the CONSUMER that is raising the price.

Do you feel that capitalism is ONLY for Americans or should everyone in the world be able to benefit from a free economy?

YOU can not have it both ways either we have a free market or we don't, do you really want to go down that path so your gas prices stay a little lower?

hence the need for 100% independence from middle east oil. when our production reach's their import cut them off totally.

your concern is for the world. I have have NO regard for it at all. mine is for America. only. and alway America first. so i am getting it both ways. your so called 'world" hates America any way. they want buy our oil fine. but at a very very high price.!!!!!!!!!!!

5stringJeff
07-12-2008, 11:45 AM
hence the need for 100% independence from middle east oil. when our production reach's their import cut them off totally.

your concern is for the world. I have have NO regard for it at all. mine is for America. only. and alway America first. so i am getting it both ways. your so called 'world" hates America any way. they want buy our oil fine. but at a very very high price.!!!!!!!!!!!

The oil market is a world market, not a collection of individual national markets. The US doesn't get to set its price abnormally high, and if they tried, no one would buy it.

namvet
07-12-2008, 11:49 AM
The oil market is a world market, not a collection of individual national markets. The US doesn't get to set its price abnormally high, and if they tried, no one would buy it.

I think your getting it

namvet
07-12-2008, 11:57 AM

let the world continue to buy its oil from OPEC. simple as that

Nukeman
07-12-2008, 04:56 PM

Where have I called for the US NOT to be oil independent?

Where did I say MY concern is for the world, those are your words not mine?!

Good for you that you have no concern for the rest of the world you go right ahead and live your little xenophobic life all you want. Personally feel the US needs to take care of our own BEFORE we help out the rest of the world! But you go right ahead and infer another meaning to my post!

I am also fully aware that the "rest of the world" hates us but loves our compassion and giving nature. Keep in mind the "world" you speak of is the other countries governments and not their people per se, just as our government and all its foreign policy is not indicative of every person in the US's feelings.

In other words quite putting words in my mouth. I pointed out to you that your "PALACE" was in fact a HOTEL, and that I could give a shit what THEY spend their money on. WE bought something at a price the "global market" set and they had it to sell, so what is your major point other than envy......

namvet
07-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Where have I called for the US NOT to be oil independent?

Where did I say MY concern is for the world, those are your words not mine?!

Good for you that you have no concern for the rest of the world you go right ahead and live your little xenophobic life all you want. Personally feel the US needs to take care of our own BEFORE we help out the rest of the world! But you go right ahead and infer another meaning to my post!

I am also fully aware that the "rest of the world" hates us but loves our compassion and giving nature. Keep in mind the "world" you speak of is the other countries governments and not their people per se, just as our government and all its foreign policy is not indicative of every person in the US's feelings.

In other words quite putting words in my mouth. I pointed out to you that your "PALACE" was in fact a HOTEL, and that I could give a shit what THEY spend their money on. WE bought something at a price the "global market" set and they had it to sell, so what is your major point other than envy......

take it any way you want. I just want the independence from OPEC.

Nukeman
07-12-2008, 05:06 PM
take it any way you want. I just want the independence from OPEC.

As do I!!!!!!!!!!!!:salute:

With the availability of wind, solar, nuclear, and wave(ocean) power there is no reason we should be using ANY oil for the production of electricity in the US. Oil should be reserved for use in our automobiles and that is it..... If that were the case WE wouldn't need a freaking drop from anyone and we could stockpile ALL of ours and tell OPEC to take a flying leap.....

Noir
07-13-2008, 08:11 AM

So are you annoyed at what this money is buying?
Or what this money is buying Muslims?

Seems a rather unneeded comment to make unless you are specificity annoyed that it is Muslims that are benefiting.

namvet
07-13-2008, 08:59 AM
Noir is on ignore

Nukeman
07-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Noir is on ignore

WHY??? Did he hit close to home? Just because YOU don't agree with what someone has to say doesn't mean they should be on ignore. Why would you only want to talk to people who think and act JUST LIKE YOU, you never get a differing opinion. You might as well talk to yourself in the mirror!!!:poke:

namvet
07-13-2008, 01:09 PM
WHY??? Did he hit close to home? Just because YOU don't agree with what someone has to say doesn't mean they should be on ignore. Why would you only want to talk to people who think and act JUST LIKE YOU, you never get a differing opinion. You might as well talk to yourself in the mirror!!!:poke:

no. he has no home. he's so full a shit his eyes are brown. a few others on here. mirror??? im lookin' at you.

Noir
07-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Well i know you can't read this namvet, but if someone would please quote this so he may see.

"no. he has no home"
I have a home...

"he's so full a shit his eyes are brown."
While my eyes are infact brown i don't think that's really an issue. The issue is i was debating against you...can't memo the subject, may have been gun control, not sure...and you couldn't take it, so you took the action of a true grown-up and...er...blocked me?..

As far as i see it you come onto a debating site to debate with peope who don't have the same opinion as yourself (and ofcourse to concur with those who do) I see the ignore function as somthing to use against trolls, if someone is not debating with you but simply insulting you at every opertunity. But to block someone because they are not in toe with you politicaly just sees odd don't you think?

Also my post up the page said

Quote Namvet
"lets wait when you gas hits 10 bucks a gallon. then see what it buys muslims. 10 bucks. ok????"

So are you annoyed at what this money is buying?
Or what this money is buying Muslims?

Seems a rather unneeded comment to make unless you are specificity annoyed that it is Muslims that are benefiting.

5stringJeff
07-13-2008, 07:37 PM
As do I!!!!!!!!!!!!:salute:

With the availability of wind, solar, nuclear, and wave(ocean) power there is no reason we should be using ANY oil for the production of electricity in the US. Oil should be reserved for use in our automobiles and that is it..... If that were the case WE wouldn't need a freaking drop from anyone and we could stockpile ALL of ours and tell OPEC to take a flying leap.....

I agree with you, especially about nuclear power. However, as a point of order, the oil that gets used in oil power plants is a heavier oil than what gets used in automobiles. It gets separated via the refining process. So if we're refining crude oil in the US to get teh lighter oils (like octane and decane) for automobiles, it makes a lot of sense to use the heavier oil in power plants.