PDA

View Full Version : Better Banking By Chucky Schumer

crin63
07-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Whats the best way for the US Senate to help a struggling bank? Have Chucky write a letter saying the bank may fail. Thanks Chucky!! Now I get a lesson in how the FDIC works while I try to get my money back.

IndyMac Seized by U.S. Regulators; Schumer Blamed for Failure

By Ari Levy and David Mildenberg

July 12 (Bloomberg) -- IndyMac Bancorp Inc. became the second- biggest federally insured financial company to be seized by U.S. regulators after a run by depositors left the California mortgage lender short on cash.

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. will run a successor institution, IndyMac Federal Bank FSB, starting next week, the Office of Thrift Supervision said in an e-mail yesterday. The regulator blamed U.S. Senator Charles Schumer for creating a ``liquidity crisis'' after a letter on June 26, in which he expressed concern that the bank may fail.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aAYLeK3YAie4&refer=worldwide

Dilloduck
07-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Whats the best way for the US Senate to help a struggling bank? Have Chucky write a letter saying the bank may fail. Thanks Chucky!! Now I get a lesson in how the FDIC works while I try to get my money back.

IndyMac Seized by U.S. Regulators; Schumer Blamed for Failure

By Ari Levy and David Mildenberg

July 12 (Bloomberg) -- IndyMac Bancorp Inc. became the second- biggest federally insured financial company to be seized by U.S. regulators after a run by depositors left the California mortgage lender short on cash.

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. will run a successor institution, IndyMac Federal Bank FSB, starting next week, the Office of Thrift Supervision said in an e-mail yesterday. The regulator blamed U.S. Senator Charles Schumer for creating a ``liquidity crisis'' after a letter on June 26, in which he expressed concern that the bank may fail.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aAYLeK3YAie4&refer=worldwide

Maybe we can get him to write a letter saying " Look out !! The price of fuel is going to plummet " !! :laugh2: