PDA

View Full Version : Bush to lift ban on drilling: dems now on their knees

namvet
07-14-2008, 10:15 AM
the replacement democrats are now on their knees. buckling under massive pressue and out right anger from America at this failed and collapsed party.

A 180 on Drilling in Alaska

Yesterday, CongressNow reported that House Democrats will soon schedule a bill that calls for expanded oil and gas production in Alaska. Strange, because for months we've heard that increasing supply won't drive gas costs down and that actually procuring our own oil resources would be damaging the environment. What gives?

"Turning the tables on daily calls by the Bush administration and Congressional Republicans to expand domestic oil and gas production, House Democrats today said they will soon schedule a vote on an energy bill that aims to expedite drilling on millions of acres of public land in Alaska. 'Democrats support increasing the domestic production of petroleum and other energy resources,” House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) said this morning in announcing the bill, which Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said may be brought up under suspension of the rules as early as next week. An aide later said the debate could slip to a later date but would be 'soon.'"

It looks like the pressure for the Democrat Leadership to actually do something has become too much to handle. While I'm hopeful that the Democrats will push legislation like this forward, I'm not holding my breath and I'll be most interested in seeing their text. Stay tuned...

link (link)

Bush to Lift Executive Ban on Offshore Oil Drilling
Live at 1:30 p.m. ET on FOX News Channel
link (link)

of course this does NOT appy to those of you who are willing to pay 8, 10 12 bucks or more a gallon. so step aside. we'll do it.

82Marine89
07-14-2008, 10:52 AM
And in 10 years we will have a plethora of oil and no refineries to produce the gas.

glockmail
07-14-2008, 10:58 AM
And in 10 years we will have a plethora of oil and no refineries to produce the gas.
The refineris will hot-rod themselves in that time and produce whatever is needed withing these time frames. Although a few more new ones around the country would be best.

Heck, I'd be happy if they just let us drill for natural gas, and that needs no complex refining. We have more off the coast of NC than we can burn in my lifetime, as well as my kids! I can covert my "fleet" of SUVs to burn that easily.

namvet
07-14-2008, 11:53 AM
take heart. Americans are changing minds

Ready, Set, Drill! The Democrats are Ready to Cave in Again

Senate Majority Whip Richard Durbin told the Wall Street Journal that he is open to the idea of opening up new areas for oil drilling in certain locations in the event that oil and gas companies conduct the drilling within a specific time frame . It appears Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, might also support the move.

link (link)

Reid: To Increase Oil Production, Administration Should Pressure Industry To Begin Drilling On Land It Already Leases

“Senate Democrats agree that increased domestic production is part of the solution to record oil and gas prices,
source (source)

Pelosi;

US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Thursday unveiled a new plan she says will
bring down record high oil prices without providing oil companies access to
more of the Outer Continental Shelf for drilling.

Instead, Pelosi and members of her leadership team proposed a variety of
measures aimed at maximizing production of areas now open to drilling. The
speaker's package would speed completion of new oil and natural gas pipelines
in Alaska, direct the Bureau of Land Management to hold annual rather than
biannual lease sales for the National Petroleum Reserve, prevent Alaskan oil
from being sold outside the US, and tighten restrictions on speculation in oil
markets.

link (link)

remember this??? replacement dems sue OPEC.
OPEC Threatens Democrats-- Tells Them To Drill Their Own Oil

After US Democrats passed legislation to sue OPEC for not producing enough oil, the leading oil producing nations responded by telling Democrats they better develop their own reserves.

link (link)

what a brilliant idea !!!!

07-14-2008, 12:18 PM
hopefully this knowledge will get to the speculators and drive down gas prices before i fill up;)

namvet
07-14-2008, 12:22 PM
hopefully this knowledge will get to the speculators and drive down gas prices before i fill up;)

take heart. i just saw somewhere where prices are starting to go down. just like the dems...................:laugh2:

glockmail
07-14-2008, 12:26 PM

Top 3 headlines at the drudgereport.com (under the bank things):

President Bush to lift executive ban on offshore drilling...

Oil rebounds to near $145 barrel...

Chavez says could reach $300...

namvet
07-14-2008, 12:35 PM
Top 3 headlines at the drudgereport.com (under the bank things):

Chavez says could reach $300...

we won't be buying his oil anyway. put gun to head pull trigger !!!!!

glockmail
07-14-2008, 01:12 PM
we won't be buying his oil anyway. put gun to head pull trigger !!!!!
You don't have Citgo stations in your town?

No matter- its all part of the global market anyway.

KitchenKitten99
07-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Once this actually happens, you will probably see prices fall. Remember that speculation is based on potential future supply, not current. Even though we won't see any NEW oil for 10 years (maybe less, since technology is that much better), we will have more of a supply, and prices and the speculators will base their bids on that future supply. Maybe not right away, but it will happen.

Meanwhile, $72 filled my cars' tank on Friday.

namvet
07-14-2008, 01:43 PM
You don't have Citgo stations in your town?

No matter- its all part of the global market anyway.

no. not in my area. maybe further south.

namvet
07-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Once this actually happens, you will probably see prices fall. Remember that speculation is based on potential future supply, not current. Even though we won't see any NEW oil for 10 years (maybe less, since technology is that much better), we will have more of a supply, and prices and the speculators will base their bids on that future supply. Maybe not right away, but it will happen.

Meanwhile, $72 filled my cars' tank on Friday.

that's what they said 10 years ago. and 10 before that etc..........all the way to when it was cheap !!!!!

namvet
07-14-2008, 01:49 PM

its holding steay right now at $145 a Barrel

swinging between gains and losses as traders weighed global supply concerns and a mixed dollar against worries about the health of the U.S. economy.

link (link)

namvet
07-14-2008, 01:58 PM
The refineris will hot-rod themselves in that time and produce whatever is needed withing these time frames. Although a few more new ones around the country would be best.

Heck, I'd be happy if they just let us drill for natural gas, and that needs no complex refining. We have more off the coast of NC than we can burn in my lifetime, as well as my kids! I can covert my "fleet" of SUVs to burn that easily.

i agree !!! its possible less than 5 years. not only technology but a massive work force will be put in place see it done. jobs for americans. i like the sound of that. this 10 years is getting old.

namvet
07-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Bush energy speech. democrats suck

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=5369090