PDA

View Full Version : Dems want deployment by Fall 2008

gabosaurus
03-08-2007, 06:41 PM
Typical party split here. The Dems want American troops to come home. The GOP wants them to continue dying in Iraq.
And don't try that "fulfill the mission" crap. The only "mission" in Iraq is the attempt to save Bush's reputation following a hideous mistake.

WASHINGTON (AP) — In a direct challenge to President Bush, House Democrats unveiled legislation today requiring the withdrawal of U.S. combat troops from Iraq by the fall of next year.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi said the deadline would be added to legislation providing nearly $100 billion the Bush administration has requested for fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.

She told reporters the measure would mark the first time the new Democratic-controlled Congress has established a "date certain" for the end of U.S. combat in the four-year-old war that has claimed the lives of more than 3,100 U.S. troops.

The White House had no immediate reaction, although Bush has repeatedly rejected talk of establishing a deadline for troop withdrawals.

Within an hour of Pelosi's news conference, House Republican Leader John Boehner attacked the measure. He said Democrats were proposing legislation that amounted to "establishing and telegraphing to our enemy a timetable" that would result in failure of the U.S. military mission in Iraq.

"Gen. (David) Petraeus should be the one making the decisions on what happens on the ground in Iraq, not Nancy Pelosi or John Murtha," the Ohio Republican added. Murtha, a Pennsylvania Democrat, has been heavily involved in crafting legislation designed to end U.S., participation in the war.

According to an explanation of the measure distributed by Democratic aides, the timetable for withdrawal would be accelerated if the government of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki did not meet goals for providing for Iraq's security.

Mr. P
03-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Typical party split here. The Dems want American troops to come home. The GOP wants them to continue dying in Iraq.
And don't try that "fulfill the mission" crap. The only "mission" in Iraq is the attempt to save Bush's reputation following a hideous mistake.

Deal as long as you don't try that
The GOP wants them to continue dying in Iraq. crap. :finger3:

gabosaurus
03-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Get real, P. If Conservative Republicans didn't enjoy the deaths, they wouldn't be so anxious to continue sending new troops to the slaughterhouse.

stephanie
03-08-2007, 07:35 PM
:lol: :lame2:

Mr. P
03-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Get real, P. If Conservative Republicans didn't enjoy the deaths, they wouldn't be so anxious to continue sending new troops to the slaughterhouse.

Yer full of shit, you know that, right.

CSM
03-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Yer full of shit, you know that, right.

Which is exactly why I am putting her on ignore.

Gunny
03-08-2007, 09:47 PM

Nothing like front-loading the conversation down to the idiot level and removing any meaningful discourse.

Gunny
03-08-2007, 09:48 PM

Probably one of the stupidest, most ignorant comments you have ever made.

People like you should be forcibly ejected from this country.

manu1959
03-08-2007, 11:00 PM
The Dems want American troops to come home.

The GOP wants them to continue dying in Iraq.

actually.....

you want them to quit and assign blame to others....

we want to them to be able to kill the enemy ..... if the left got behind the troops and actually said please do what you are trained to do and win at all costs .... they would be fine ..... but hell you won't even let our kids play tag .....

gabosaurus
03-09-2007, 11:51 AM
What wonderful logic. We create a war, then we create an enemy. In most conflicts, the invading force is the aggressor, and is thus considered the insurgent. But somehow, in Iraq, the people defending their country from invasion have become the "insurgents."

There is no further reason to be in Iraq. The country is going to descend into chaos, whether you leave tomorrow or 10 years from now. You can never fully vanquish an "enemy" when you are not sure who the "enemy" is.
The Bushies were complete idiots when they invaded Iraq and remain total idiots at the present time. They have no plan for what they are doing and no plans for the future. They are merely continuing to fight because they don't want to admit that they screwed the whole thing up.

Hobbit
03-09-2007, 02:19 PM
What wonderful logic. We create a war, then we create an enemy. In most conflicts, the invading force is the aggressor, and is thus considered the insurgent. But somehow, in Iraq, the people defending their country from invasion have become the "insurgents."

There is no further reason to be in Iraq. The country is going to descend into chaos, whether you leave tomorrow or 10 years from now. You can never fully vanquish an "enemy" when you are not sure who the "enemy" is.
The Bushies were complete idiots when they invaded Iraq and remain total idiots at the present time. They have no plan for what they are doing and no plans for the future. They are merely continuing to fight because they don't want to admit that they screwed the whole thing up.

www.m-w.com

Look up insurgent, make corrections, and maybe I'll give you half credit for that drivel.

gabosaurus
03-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Hobbit, why aren't you in the military? You are a brave red-blooded true patriot. :cool:

Hobbit
03-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Hobbit, why aren't you in the military? You are a brave red-blooded true patriot. :cool:

I would be if I hadn't broken my leg at the Naval Academy. I'm enlisting as soon as I finally finish college.

Gaffer
03-10-2007, 02:25 AM

Let me summarize what you had to say here. I HATE BUSH. You really could have compressed that down to those three words. Would save a lot of typing for you. If you had two working brain cells they would make up a liberal pundit on msnbc.