PDA

View Full Version : Bush message to global environment: "Screw you!"

GW in Ohio
07-14-2008, 01:42 PM
California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger said the Bush administration's decision to delay a decision on regulating greenhouse gases showed that it did not believe in global warming.

Schwarzenegger, in an interview with ABC television broadcast Sunday, said it would have been insincere for the administration to take action on the harmful emissions with only six months left in George W. Bush's presidency.

"Well, to be honest with you, if they would have done something this year, I would have thought it was bogus anyway... because you don't change global warming and you don't really have an effect by doing something six months before you leave office," he told ABC on Friday.

Schwarzenegger spoke on the day the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued a report offering no new action against emissions and calling for 120 days of public comment, essentially leaving any decision to the next administration.

Taking action at this late stage in Bush's second four-year term would not have been credible, said Schwarzenegger, who signed a historic bill in 2006 that made California the first US state to impose limits on global warming gases.

"It doesn't sound to me believable at all. The sincerity is not there," the governor said.

"I think that the way they have done it is much better, because it just really means basically this administration did not believe in global warming, or they did not believe that they should do anything about it since China is not doing anything about it and since India is not willing to do the same thing, so why should we do the same thing," he said.

The EPA's decision to put off any action followed a Supreme Court ruling last year ordering the agency to devise ways to regulate greenhouse gas emissions from motor vehicles under the Clean Air Act.

The Bush administration has fiercely opposed any imposition of binding emissions limits on the nation's industry and has refused to ratify the Kyoto Protocol on reducing greenhouse gas blamed for global warming.

Bush to environment: "Screw you!"

Bush takes his environmental marching orders from the Chinese and the Indians: "Well, they're not doing anything about the environment, so why should we?"

A real leader, huh?

Gaffer
07-14-2008, 04:27 PM
when it comes to global warming I say the same thing, screw you. There is no such thing as global warming.

glockmail
07-14-2008, 05:42 PM
.....Bush to environment: "Screw you!"

Bush takes his environmental marching orders from the Chinese and the Indians: "Well, they're not doing anything about the environment, so why should we?"

A real leader, huh?

Gee I goggled this quoted phrase and couldn't find it anywhere. Are you lying again?

diuretic
07-14-2008, 05:57 PM
when it comes to global warming I say the same thing, screw you. There is no such thing as global warming.

What if you're wrong?

Gaffer
07-14-2008, 07:14 PM
What if you're wrong?

I'm not.

namvet
07-14-2008, 07:15 PM
has Schwarzenegger turned into a calif girley man?????

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Global environment? gwb says "Screw You" in one way or another to everyone with whom he has direct or even indirect contact. His 26% approval rating continues to baffle me?!?!??!??!??! Who are these idiots that approve of him?

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 07:35 PM
I agree, and found it down right arrogant to think humans are responsible for the warming and cooling of the earth

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 07:36 PM
drunken monkeys? :laugh2:

Global environment? gwb says "Screw You" in one way or another to everyone with whom he has direct or even indirect contact. His 26% approval rating continues to baffle me?!?!??!??!??! Who are these idiots that approve of him?

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Are you calling many of your sidekicks, monkeys, marteen?

drunken monkeys? :laugh2:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 07:49 PM
hahahaha no. :laugh2:

I was making a joke my good friend

I have a question to you, who are the 9% supporting the democratic-majority led congress :coffee:

Are you calling many of your sidekicks, monkeys, marteen?

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 08:05 PM
To be honest, marteen, I really think about 100% support our congress and the system that puts them in office. If you are asking why so many disapprove of the actions within the congress I think any redblooded American would be disappointed for one reason or another.

hahahaha no. :laugh2:

I was making a joke my good friend

I have a question to you, who are the 9% supporting the democratic-majority led congress :coffee:

But, there's always that damned 10%, 9, 8 or whatever, that just baffle the hell out of the rest of us, don't cha know?

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 08:10 PM
I would politely disagree, since not 100% of voters vote, and even then about 40% of the vote, maybe 45 vote for the winner.

but then again, even those who dont vote, have an opinion.

Welcome to america, land of apparently the whiny :laugh2:

thanks phil gramm

:lol:

To be honest, marteen, I really think about 100% support our congress and the system that puts them in office. If you are asking why so many disapprove of the actions within the congress I think any redblooded American would be disappointed for one reason or another.

But, there's always that damned 10%, 9, 8 or whatever, that just baffle the hell out of the rest of us, don't cha know?

glockmail
07-14-2008, 08:27 PM

So back before the Democrats took over Congress Americans did not have red blood?

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 08:28 PM
I didn't say anything about any voter, marteen. And neither did the article. Both os us were referring to responders, however, and there is certainly a difference. Your percentages are convenient or descriptive of what?

I would politely disagree, since not 100% of voters vote, and even then about 40% of the vote, maybe 45 vote for the winner.

but then again, even those who dont vote, have an opinion.

Welcome to america, land of apparently the whiny :laugh2:

thanks phil gramm

:lol:

I've had too much blood on my face and kept on fighting for anyone to call me a whiner, marteen. Maybe Mr. Gramm needs a little on his face and we'll see how he cries like the little spoiled shit he is!!!!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 08:29 PM
you see, democrats have blue blood, americans have red

:laugh2:

not bad, just different :coffee:

So back before the Democrats took over Congress Americans did not have red blood?

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Do you see how the idiots want to associate even the color of our blood to their own personal color of blood and relate it to party affiliation?

you see, democrats have blue blood, americans have red

:laugh2:

not bad, just different :coffee:

Just for future reference, marteen, Dems don't have blue blood. Somehow most people don't need that explained to them. But it does become more evident that all Americans that post here aren't necessarily red blooded ones like you and me.

manu1959
07-14-2008, 08:49 PM
didn't several other nations vote the same way.....

glockmail
07-14-2008, 08:52 PM
[whiney liberal voice] Only because Bush told them to! [/whiney liberal voice]

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 08:52 PM
:)

Do you see how the idiots want to associate even the color of our blood to their own personal color of blood and relate it to party affiliation?

who said that my noble friend

Just for future reference, marteen, Dems don't have blue blood.

I know i was kidding :laugh2:

Somehow most people don't need that explained to them.

But it does become more evident that all Americans that post here aren't necessarily red blooded ones like you and me.

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 09:06 PM
I know you were, marteen. My message was more directed at the idiots that claim red blood as a personal accomplishment, don't cha know?

:)

:pee: on 'em.

GW in Ohio
07-15-2008, 12:20 PM

See, dude, here's the deal....

We don't need a president who takes his cues on the environment from the Chinese, or the Russians, or the Indians. With Bush, it's been like, "I'm not signin' on to any environmental accords. The Chinese, Russians and Indians aren't gonna sign. So why should we?"

What we need is a president who'll take the lead on environmental issues and use the economic clout we have to compel the Chinese, the Russians and the Indians to behave responsibly as members of the family of nations.

What we need is a president who will actually acknowledge that global warming and pollution and overpopulation are threats to the human race.

We don't need some dumbshit from Texas who goes, "Ah think we ought to study this problem for mebbe ten or so more years."

07-15-2008, 05:50 PM

We don't need a president who takes his cues on the environment from the Chinese, or the Russians, or the Indians. With Bush, it's been like, "I'm not signin' on to any environmental accords. The Chinese, Russians and Indians aren't gonna sign. So why should we?"

What we need is a president who'll take the lead on environmental issues and use the economic clout we have to compel the Chinese, the Russians and the Indians to behave responsibly as members of the family of nations.

What we need is a president who will actually acknowledge that global warming and pollution and overpopulation are threats to the human race.

We don't need some dumbshit from Texas who goes, "Ah think we ought to study this problem for mebbe ten or so more years."

Actually, we don't. In fact, we dont need the President doing anything with the environment because the federal government has no authority to do anything on the environment.

And we definitely dont need a President who believes junk science.

manu1959
07-15-2008, 06:05 PM

hate to tell you but the chinese russians and indians don't give a flying fuck who our president is or what he does......they take care of themselves.....their countries come first.....and you ain't going to change that....

stephanie
07-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Actually, we don't. In fact, we dont need the President doing anything with the environment because the federal government has no authority to do anything on the environment.

you damn right we don't..I can't believe how many people believe the government is suppose to be their NANNY..

GW in Ohio
07-16-2008, 07:58 AM

Thank you. Allow me to summarize your position in three words:

Fuck the environment.

diuretic
07-16-2008, 08:20 AM
Thank you. Allow me to summarize your position in three words:

Fuck the environment.

Or fuck the environment we're bequeathing to future generations. We'll keep having kids and keep looking after them and yet we'll continue to fuck up their planet just because we can. Not our problem though. They and their descendants will just have to get used to an exhausted planet. Won't worry us though.

GW in Ohio
07-16-2008, 08:35 AM
Or fuck the environment we're bequeathing to future generations. We'll keep having kids and keep looking after them and yet we'll continue to fuck up their planet just because we can. Not our problem though. They and their descendants will just have to get used to an exhausted planet. Won't worry us though.

No worries, mate.

Apres moi, le deluge.

namvet
07-16-2008, 08:41 AM
No worries, mate.

Apres moi, le deluge.

so the world ends with a flood?????

diuretic
07-16-2008, 08:52 AM
so the world ends with a flood?????

Attributed to Louis XV of France.

Also the motto of 617 Squadron RAF the The Dambusters.

diuretic
07-16-2008, 08:55 AM
No worries, mate.

Apres moi, le deluge.

Yep GW, apres nous l'inferno